PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich Deserves This Loss

timvp
12-09-2004, 10:59 PM
WTH was his problem yelling at every player near the end of the game? He cussed out Manu and benched him. He was yelling at Parker, Rose and even Duncan for a botched inbounds play. Then he yelled at Devin for passing the ball to Duncan.

Then Devin holds the ball because Pop had just yelled at him and trips ... game over. If Pop wasn't being such a hard ass, Devin would have passed the ball to Duncan and it would have been fine.

There's a difference between yelling at your players to help them improve and yelling at them to the point where they are playing scared.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:01 PM
How do you hold a ball when you are dribbling?

That's simply a bad take.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Hold the ball as in not passing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 11:03 PM
LJ, why'd Devin have to dribble? The onus was on the Rockets to come back, not the Spurs. Why did Devin have to try to make anything happen?

And Manu KNEW he f'ed up. Why do you think it was every other Spur that went to defend themselves but Manu?

This one's on the players for trying to make too much happen. Plain and simple.

Aggie Hoopsfan
My big beef is that there has been times in recent years where a player gets hot like Tmac at the end of the game, and our solution is to just stick Bowen on him. Bowen has never been known for blocking jump shots, he plays D by keeping good position.

Tmac just came down and elevated on his shots, Bowen stood there with his hands up. You've got to double Tmac and get the ball out of his hands. You've got Ryan freakin' Bowen out there, you had Sura airballing a three with a minute and a half left, and you let TMac come down and pull up for 3 straight threes with the game winding down.

Oh, and I agree with the bitchfest at the end by Pop, you're up ten, quit being suck a dick.

ChumpDumper
Hold the ball means don't dribble. Don't dribble, don't fall down.

Spurminator
My only gripe is Not Enough Rasho.

But that aside, I have a strange feeling that we could have been up 20 in the last minute and we would have lost. The stars were not aligned tonight.

Jimcs50
12-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Devin should not have tried to go baseline. He just needed to stand there and get fouled. Houston had no timeouts, it was stupid to try to dribble away from the trap...he tripped, and that was reason why we lost.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Manu and Tim our studs are executing like crap down the stretch.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:05 PM
WTH was his problem yelling at every player near the end of the game? He cussed out Manu and benched him. He was yelling at Parker, Rose and even Duncan for a botched inbounds play. Then he yelled at Devin for passing the ball to Duncan.

Then Devin holds the ball because Pop had just yelled at him and trips ... game over. If Pop wasn't being such a hard ass, Devin would have passed the ball to Duncan and it would have been fine.

There's a difference between yelling at your players to help them improve and yelling at them to the point where they are playing scared.

Oh please, they're players, he's the coach.

They didn't run the play they were supposed to, what would you do all knowing coach?

Devin tripped or was tripped. Who cares, he tripped and lost the ball.

This is a game were no one gets the blame for the loss. Tracy just gets the blame for the win.

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 11:06 PM
If we're going to bitch about turnovers, I think the lazy inbounds by Parker that Padgett stole for an easy dunk is what ignited this whole damn thing.

The Rockets had their Game Over faces on until that play.

Tek_XX
12-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Live by the Devin, die by the Devin. This guy is a borderline NBA player, good shooter, but has issues, like dribbling.

whottt
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
We had a historic FT shooting night otherwise we would have lost this game in our usual style...

Pop doesn't know how to utilize the talent on this team...he's got too much to handle.
He's using a short bench in the second night of a back to back after most of our starters played 35-40 mins last night. What's the point of having a bench if you don't use it?

And yes he was a dick at the end...and he scared the shit out of those players.

And he's being a dick to guys like Barry and Horry as well.

Kori Ellis
Oh please Tek, if it wasn't for Devin the Spurs wouldn't even have been in this game at end.

timvp
I agree that Devin shouldn't have dribbled. It was a dumb move on his part.

The problem I have is Pop ripping him for not passing the ball. Devin also couldn't have just stood there ... because the Rockets would have tried to go for the jump ball.

The answer was passing the ball, which is what Pop told Devin not to do.

Pop's fault. If you don't want a player like Duncan shooting free throws, take him out of the gam.e

Solid D
Devin's move to the baseline was brainless. The play was designed for Devin to get the ball. I seriously doubt Pop coached the ridiculous move to the baseline. He was not fouled...he fell all by himself because he was trying to force the matter. Hold it and get fouled. The Spurs were horribly sloppy the last 54 seconds.

Parker's inbounds turnover to give Padgett the dunk gave them life.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 11:08 PM
If we're going to bitch about turnovers, I think the lazy inbounds by Parker that Padgett stole for an easy dunk is what ignited this whole damn thing.

the catalyst for sure. Then Tim fouling TMAC at the 3pt line made it possible.

Spurminator
There was some strange slipping going on all game. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a puddle.

Kori Ellis
I understand that Devin's mistake was major. But how about Tony's lazy inbounds pass and Tim fouling TMac on the 3. Those plays were as "bonehead" as Devin's. This is a team loss.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:09 PM
There was some strange slipping going on all game. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a puddle.

Yes.

How many times did Manu fall tonight? Double digits?

Jimcs50
12-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I understand that Devin's mistake was major. But how about Tony's lazy inbounds pass and Tim fouling TMac on the 3. Those plays were as "bonehead" as Devin's. This is a team loss.

Kori it is the last bonehead play that gets the blame in a loss....remember CWeb's timeout?

Johnny_Blaze_47
Live by the Devin, die by the Devin. This guy is a borderline NBA player, good shooter, but has issues, like dribbling.

Oh, come off of it. You probably had a damn orgasm with his 24 point night recently.

*Ahh-ahh-DEVINNNNN*

He's not a borderline NBA player. He IS a NBA player - and a rising one at that.

Devin made a mistake. Had the Spurs won this game, we'd all be saying it was a lucky game they got out of.

Devin's problem with his mistake is that it happened with a bunch of mistakes by a bunch of players. All those mistakes added up to one of the most embarrasing moments in this franchise's history.

But don't give me that "borderline NBA" player shit! Not for one damn minute!

ChumpDumper
I'll take the jump ball at that point. Devin is strong enough that the odds are he can draw the foul instead of a jump ball.

I am supposed to believe Pop caused all of the stupid mistakes at the end of the came.

That was a fucking meltdown of epic proportions. They should be yelled at for the next three days.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Devin is hardly "borderline". In fact, if he keeps it up, he'll be a contender for 6th MOY.

That said, his trying to go baseline was dumb.

Solid D

^ agreed.

Manu20
Also, the rockets should have been call for a 5 second violation on T Mac's 2nd to last 3.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:11 PM
They should be yelled at for the next three days.

The problem is, no one ever gets to yell at the coach.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Devin's move to the baseline was brainless. The play was designed for Devin to get the ball. I seriously doubt Pop coached the ridiculous move to the baseline. He was not fouled...he fell all by himself because he was trying to force the matter. Hold it and get fouled.

I have to disagree on that. Devin was trapped and the Rockets would have forced a jump ball. They weren't going for the foul. TMac even said so after the game.

The answer was Devin was supposed to pass the ball to a wide open Tim Duncan. The problem was Pop had just ripped him for doing the exact same thing.

Jimcs50
12-09-2004, 11:12 PM
I say, we never ever let Angel go to a Spurs game again, agreed?

T Park
awww

the poor players got yelled at.

My god. If they cant handle it get the fuck out of the game.

Your a man, you take it.

Cant handle the yelling, what fucking horseshit.

ChumpDumper
I understand that Devin's mistake was major. But how about Tony's lazy inbounds pass and Tim fouling TMac on the 3. Those plays were as "bonehead" as Devin'sAll Pop's doing, of course. Maybe we could "Hedo" the players we like and not yell at them when they fuck up. It has worked wonders in the past.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
awww

the poor players got yelled at.

My god. If they cant handle it get the fuck out of the game.

Your a man, you take it.

Cant handle the yelling, what fucking horseshit.

Strong words from somebody that didn't come to a GTG for the same reason. Regardless, I agree with you 100%.

Kori Ellis
Also, the rockets should have been call for a 5 second violation on T Mac's 2nd to last 3.

Sorry, it wasn't five seconds. We replayed it and checked.

No excuses for this game. The Spurs should have never been in the position for Tracy to take it from them. They sucked all game, Devin nearly carried them in the fourth quarter and then they had a string of mistakes that cost them.

Game over. Learn. Move on.

Jimcs50
I have to disagree on that. Devin was trapped and the Rockets would have forced a jump ball. They weren't going for the foul. TMac even said so after the game.

The answer was Devin was supposed to pass the ball to a wide open Tim Duncan. The problem was Pop had just ripped him for doing the exact same thing.

No way timvp, Devin did not even look around, he got the pass and immediately went baseline, if he holds ball out of bounds, they would have had to foul him, they only had 6 secs left

ChumpDumper
Devin was trapped and the Rockets would have forced a jump ball.How could he possibly be trapped if he was dribbling completely untouched?

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:14 PM

If any player went for Devin in an fashion even for the jumpball, the refs would of called a foul.

Devin had to just stop and get fouled. Instead he turned and tried to go baseline and fell.

That's it.

Not Pops folk, not anyone but Devin.

Solid D

I doubt Devin was supposed to pass the ball to Tim.

Kori Ellis
Well maybe some of Pop's yelling was necessary. But when you have four of your starters gathered around you calming you down to stop the yelling at a critical point in the fourth quarter, then maybe you've gone a little overboard.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM
But when you have four of your starters gathered around you calming you down to stop the yelling at a critical point in the fourth quarter, then maybe you've gone a little overboard.Not in December. He saw the meltdown coming. The players let it happen.

Manu20
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=TheWriter]If any player went for Devin in an fashion even for the jumpball, the refs would of called a foul.

Devin had to just stop and get fouled. Instead he turned and tried to go baseline and fell.

That's it.

Not Pops folk, not anyone but Devin.[/

Agreed, Devin should have hug the ball.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Well maybe some of Pop's yelling was necessary. But when you have four of your starters gathered around you calming you down to stop the yelling at a critical point in the fourth quarter, then maybe you've gone a little overboard.

Yeah, tell them to run a play and then totally not do it and then almost turn it over.

Oh, but grown NBA players can't take being yelled out for mistakes. Boo whoo. Boo whoo.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Tpark cracks me up.

Four Spurs were telling Pop to calm the hell down, and Tpark still has to defend his sugar daddy. go figure.

T Park
Strong words from somebody that didn't come to a GTG for the same reason.

whats a GTG got to do with a game.

But thank yo for agreeing!! :)

Devin was amazing, but the problem is, dunder plays like that, are what ruin great nights.

Whatever.

team loss. Game Saturday,

16-5. Still not shabby.

BTW, Why didnt Rasho play more??

He was playing great tongiht and he doesnt play the 4th??

I think he couldve hung with Scott Padgett.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Anyone else think Buddy and Tpark are related? Someone told me that Pop had twins...

timvp
Explain Pop yelling at Devin for passing the ball to Duncan, Buddy.

Jimcs50
Oh well, it is December folks....lets have some perspective. The team has almost zero practice time lately, they will work out the kinks....chill out

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Oh, but grown NBA players can't take being yelled out for mistakes. Boo whoo. Boo whoo.

It's not that they can't take it. But it was too much at that time. You can't rattle your players to the point he did in that critical of a time in the game.

T Park
Four Spurs were telling Pop to calm the hell down, and Tpark still has to defend his sugar daddy

Its called not running the play.

Whats he supposed to do, give him a hug and say

awww thats a cute basketball player, now now, run the play right (SMILE)

Amazing,

Pop is in the right and you would never admit it.

Your bent on always being against the guy. Admit it, your totally fuckin biased.

ChumpDumper
Explain Pop yelling at Devin for passing the ball to Duncan, Buddy. .852 > .654

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Anyone else think Buddy and Tpark are related? Someone told me that Pop had twins...

Last time I checked, I don't resemble a fat white dude.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:20 PM
BTW, Why didnt Rasho play more??

He was playing great tongiht and he doesnt play the 4th??

How many NBA games have you coached Tpark? How many rings do you have? If the answer to both is zero, then STFU, you don't have the experience required to comment.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Chump,

dont you know the players arent supposed to be yelled at??

Come on. Youve got to coddle them..

Oh wait, didnt everyone gripe about pop NOT yelling at Hedo but coddling him??

haha....

Spurminator
The Spurs were victims of circumstance in the last minute of the game.

It was probably one of the better minutes they played the entire game. The first three quarters were scary.

Hook Dem
Better now than later. This team needs to realize that teams are not going to lay down for them. It wasn't so much Rockets defense as it was our poor shooting. Why do we take so many outside shots? At least devin understands that he can get to the foul line by driving to the basket. I would rather see an offensive foul versus circling back out constantly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Yo Tpark, fine, I'm biased. What are Kori, LJ, and the rest?

You know what the whole problem is? You can never admit that Pop makes a mistake. You call me a hater, but my hate doesn't even approach your homer love mancrush on Pop.

Kori Ellis
Last time I checked, I don't resemble a fat white dude.

Yeah you resemble a guy who makes up lies on messages boards, gets repeatedly banned, bashes other forums behind their backs, then kisses ass when on those same forums, chickens out to play basketball in a tournament -- twice, and can't bring a legitimate basketball take.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Better now than later.Something we can all agree on. They won't soon forget this debacle.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Explain Pop yelling at Devin for passing the ball to Duncan, Buddy.

You bold Buddy?

Why, because no one still knows. Oh because you think I give a shit. Oh ok.

And yeah, Pop went freakin' ape shit. Started throwing chairs, punching women in the stands, and he even shot a kid in the back of the head. All because Devin throw the ball to Tim.

Oh did he get made that the guy who was perfect from the line had the ball and instead threw it to a player who lets be honested, was the last person you want at the line.

But I guess some of us see and believe what we want.

Huh, Buddy?

Opps...

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, this loss sucks. Yet if I had to choose a loss to get angry and spam this forum about it would have been last night's loss. Last night the Spurs got their asses kicked. Tonight, they were hit by lightning.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Yeah you resemble a guy who makes up lies on messages boards, gets repeatedly banned, bashes other forums behind their backs, then kisses ass when on those same forums, chickens out to play basketball in a tournament -- twice, and can't bring a legitimate basketball take.

I do believe this is in order.

http://uweb.txstate.edu/~jr47581/pictures/artestowningfan1.jpg

Manu20
Sorry, it wasn't five seconds. We replayed it and checked.

No excuses for this game. The Spurs should have never been in the position for Tracy to take it from them. They sucked all game, Devin nearly carried them in the fourth quarter and then they had a string of mistakes that cost them.

Game over. Learn. Move on.

It was a good try, but maybe Brown and the spurs will learn from there mistakes.

T Park
yeah, your not biased.

Whens the last time you praised anything pop did.

Just because I defend POp doesnt mean there is a mancrush.

Pay attention to half the fuckin threads last night and tonight,

Ive been ripping pop for not getting Rasho more involved in the offense, along with Barry.

So this "mancrush" childish Bullshit is just that.

Loose the bias and STFU.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:24 PM

I resemble that?

How does someone like that look? Or your describing things that happened in the past and over the internet. Good job.

:elephant

Johnny_Blaze_47
Oh did he get made that the guy who was perfect from the line had the ball and instead threw it to a player who lets be honested, was the last person you want at the line.Buddy?

Opps...

If Pop when shooters go, so was CIA.

mattyc
I'm more comfortable with Devin making a dumb error as he will learn from it. Will make him a better player.

If it were a player like Barry, Bowen or other experienced player, I'd be much more upset with the way things went down.

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Maybe it's time for you to go back to SR now and trash this board. Run along.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Gimme a break Tpark, tonight you've got 50 posts saying Pop is great and one line saying "I wish we would have seen some more Rasho."

So what, I have an agenda. Great, you caught me, I'm biased. Throw out my argument, now address what Kori, LJ, and others had to say. I'm sure you'll tell me they are biased though too, right? You're the only objective guy on this whole board, praise the Lord.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:28 PM
rut ro raggie.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Oh please, they're players, he's the coach.

They didn't run the play they were supposed to, what would you do all knowing coach?

Buddy, TheWriter, Fast n Furious, X, Derrick or whatever the hell you go by today, you came into the thread throwing punches with that above post. Then you get mad when people stand up for themselves?

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Maybe it's time for you to go back to SR now and trash this board. Run along.

Funny, because I never trashed this board over there. So you can quit your baby games.

I told you in that email that I said nothing bad about you.

And lets be honest, you have mor eposters over this board who around that time were more immature then I who spammed and cluttered that board with post after post.

Do you not remember that?

Oh but I guess they don't get called out like I do.

I really don't give a hairy ass shit. I don't post over there anymore. The MODS suck and so does the OWNER.

But hey, we can continue to discuss my past as SpursWin, FastandFurious, and whatever other names you guys stuck in your memory bank that I throw out long ago for the simple fact I don't care. But you guys do.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:31 PM
You didnt??

Amazing how "Buddy Holly" said those things, and your the same person...

Damn. Too confusing...

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Funny, because I never trashed this board over there. So you can quit your baby games.

STFU with your lies. I have screen captures of you trashing me and this board in their chatroom. You also sent me a very nasty email, which I still have.

Don't expect to come here and throw barbs at my husband, call TPark "fat" and not get stuff pushed back in your face.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Well this is getting weird.

Um, whottt! You suck!

It's not childish until I've joined in.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Buddy, TheWriter, Fast n Furious, X, Derrick

Spoke to soon, or too late. I'm sure there's more I don't remember but you guys seem to. Seeing how my past sn's are so important and diff. worth keeping in mind.

Funny how Mousey boy never gets called out for his hundreds of names.

But I guess that's the double standard you guys like to operate with when it comes to me.

Yeah, because I've done so much bad shit to you guys.

Watch out, because I may put sugar in your engine. :angel

Because I'm an evil SOB!

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:34 PM
TMac has caused drama in SA :rollin

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay lets get back to Pop.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:35 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Sorry was feeling left out.

Buddy Holly, everyone knows about the shit you pulled in the chat room that night you lying jerk.

Be gone bozo.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:36 PM
STFU with your lies. I have screen captures of you trashing me and this board in their chatroom. You also sent me a very nasty email, which I still have.

Don't expect to come here and throw barbs at my husband, call TPark "fat" and not get stuff pushed back in your face.

You have screen captures? Why... Seriously. For this moment?

Oh and me calling TPark fat was a small friendly jab. I don't think he'll lose sleep.

I may have trashed, I can't remember, but you have screen caps. Whatever. If I did, I'm sorry.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:36 PM
BTW,

everyone, be nice to Kori, shes uh.

Someone send flowers.

TIMVP GET ON THAT DAMNT!!

(hides behind chair)

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:38 PM
All I have to say is props to TMac. That was a clutch performance after not shooting that well for most the game.

T Park
Oh and me calling TPark fat was a small friendly jab.

lol.

Ill remember that. Ill be sure to call my cousin fat, my aunt a wetback and my other uncle a dumb N, because, ya know, those are small friendly jabs!!

No your right, I DONT loose sleep, but, whatever.

Could care less.

Kori Ellis
everyone, be nice to Kori, shes uh

:wtf

Silver Rose
It's time for the Spurs to get serious and get back to business -- no sloppy passing and playing! Have they been reading the early press reports? No team has ever been awarded the NBA trophy in November! You have to play out the season. Get back to business!

T Park
Yeah it was.

When someone gets on fire THAT much!!!

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, Kori, from the threads it seemed your anger level was creeeeeeeeping up.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:39 PM
IF POP DOESN'T YELL AT DEVIN BROWN THEN DEVIN BROWN WOULD HAVE PASSED IT TO DUNCAN AND THEN DUNCAN WOULD HAVE HIT ONE OUT OF TWO FREE THROWS THEN TRACY MAC GRADY WOULD HAVE SENT THE GAME TO OVERTIME AND THEN HE WOULD HAVE COOLED OFF IN THE BREAK AND THE SPURS WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO GUARD RYAN BOWEN OR BOB DON'T CALL ME BOBBY SURA AND THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 11:40 PM
IF POP DOESN'T YELL AT DEVIN BROWN THEN DEVIN BROWN WOULD HAVE PASSED IT TO DUNCAN AND THEN DUNCAN WOULD HAVE HIT ONE OUT OF TWO FREE THROWS THEN TRACY MAC GRADY WOULD HAVE SENT THE GAME TO OVERTIME AND THEN HE WOULD HAVE COOLED OFF IN THE BREAK AND THE SPURS WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO GUARD RYAN BOWEN OR BOB DON'T CALL ME BOBBY SURA AND THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I can see this becoming the bane of many threads now.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Big fonts and fancy colors don't make it so.

Hold the ball.

Protect it.

Love it.

You're young and strong and hit 4 out of every 5 free throws.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:42 PM
you have mor eposters over this board who around that time were more immature then I

If one were to draw up a scale of immaturity, I can't come up with anything or anyone (including Tpark ;) ) who would be higher on the immaturity scale than you Buddy Holly.

Have a nice day.

TheWriter
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Sorry was feeling left out.

Buddy Holly, everyone knows about the shit you pulled in the chat room that night you lying jerk.

Be gone bozo.

What night? How is it that you all remember shit that I seriously don't. Why would you even keep that in brain? Is your hate for me that big that you just automatically log it in.

And Kori, is it fine/ not woirth bringing up the fact that many of the posters who were banned around the time your guys left SR, one night went and bombed the board over there with spam and curse filled posts?

Is that ok or should MB not be called out for it like I have been? Just wondering.

And last time I checked, you all posted on that board. You all at one time called that board home to Spurs info and discussion.

And now you act like your better because of some fallout between the owner and two posters?

They're just boards for Spurs fans.

I can understand the dislike for the owner, the dudes a dick, and many of the MODS but the posters were cool and the talk was talk.

It's like being fat and only dating big women and then you lose all this weight and you start dating hotties and then totally rag on the fatties.

Whatever. Back to the Spurs. Peace.

ChumpDumper
Give Devin a Hedo-sized hug for us, Pop.

Spurminator
I think if Rasho had played four minutes of the second quarter it would have made a four point difference by the last minute of the game, and Tracy would have been pulled out of the game by JVG.

T Park
I dont see how Devin not playing smart in crunch time, is his fault.

Is his fault.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:43 PM
IF POP DOESN'T YELL AT DEVIN BROWN THEN DEVIN BROWN WOULD HAVE PASSED IT TO DUNCAN

How do you know?

No one knows what he would of done had Pop not gotten on him before.

Seriously. No one knows.

ShoogarBear
12-09-2004, 11:44 PM

Is his fault.

Damn, now T Park is channeling ducks!

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:44 PM

Is his fault.

Did T Park just break out into song?

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:45 PM
And now you act like your better

Better than what?

Better than the posters on that board? I never act like that.

Manu20
Don't be surprise if Brown does not play the following game. Pop's doghouse
Hope not because I think he will learn from it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
And last time I checked, you all posted on that board. You all at one time called that board home to Spurs info and discussion.

And then we realized what a liar, a cheat, and a prick the owner was. Game over.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:46 PM
How do you know?

No one knows what he would of done had Pop not gotten on him before.

Seriously. No one knows.

Uh ... because Duncan was standing right there when two Rockets ran at him. If he hadn't been instructed not to pass it, he would have.

Pop had it in his head to not pass it no matter what.

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Don't be surprise if Brown does not play the following game. Pop's doghouse

He carried the Spurs in the fourth quarter. He finished the game with 20 points. He messed up and will learn. He isn't going in the doghouse.

Tek_XX
12-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Devin says he fell because someone was pushing on his back. I didn't see that much pressure to force him on his stomach. He needs to admit that he made a mistake. Go back to the NDBL Devin.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Ya know Buddy it comes down like this.

Me and Aggie, we disagree about basketball.

WTF, who cares.

Myself, Ive honestly changed in the last couple weeks and decided, ya know, me and aggie are hardcore conservatives, ill just remember him for that, and well just agree to disagree on basketball.

YOU on the other hand, you backwoods cletus nimrod, have ripped, friends of ours.

A woman, who is easilly the most hospitable, nicest, hell basketballintelligent, wise Ive ever met.

Youve personally attacked her, and smeared her name, and you ahve the fuckin gall to say Errrr i dont errr duh duh i dont remember hahahah.

STFU, go back to jabba the bozo, and get the fuck out.

This board aint perfect, were not all perfect. but what the hell, when it gets down to it, like Johnny blaze said

"T Park, you can sit by me"

and this is a guy who sometimes makes fun of me out of the blue!

Me and aggie, if we met in person and talked politics, wed be drinkin buddies for life.

Im a popsucker, hes a pophater.

Its life, we dont take it seriously, we move on.

You on the other hand, are a jackass. BE gone moron.

Solid D
12-09-2004, 11:50 PM
When Pop went "Serbian" on Devin at the timeout, Pop forgot he was giving instructions in Serbo-Croatian and not in English. Devin did not have clear instructions in the final 7 seconds.

TheWriter
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Better than what?

Better than the posters on that board? I never act like that.

LIke what? Most of them weren't even around when everything went done. Most of them don't even know we posted there. Most of them are new or have been there for not as long. How do they act that you don;t act like? They post for the Spurs and about the Spurs, is that not the samething here?

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Did T Park just break out into song?

yeah, and channeling Ducks.

That happens when you blow 10 point leads in 30 seconds.

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:52 PM
When Pop went "Serbian" on Devin at the timeout, Pop forgot he was giving instructions in Serbo-Croatian and not in English. Devin did not have clear instructions in the final 7 seconds.

lmao....

Damn his natural language...

Seriously thats funny. And no im not being sarcastic, I thought it was honestly funny.

Marcus Bryant
Spurs fans go nuclear over the wrong loss. Not surprising.

TheWriter
And then we realized what a liar, a cheat, and a prick the owner was. Game over.

Yeah so I guess that means you never posted their at one time.

Great logic.

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:53 PM
LIke what? Most of them weren't even around when everything went done. Most of them don't even know we posted there. Most of them are new or have been there for not as long. How do they act that you don;t act like?

:wtf

I still don't understand what you are saying. How do I act in reference to that board? I don't even ever mention it's existence except when rehashing crap with you.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah so I guess that means you never posted their at one time.

Great logic.

WTF, dude, back away from the computer.

Your idiocy is wayyyyyy too much....

Manu20
12-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Spurs fans go nuclear over the wrong loss. Not surprising.

It is the way they lost it.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Something tells me TheWriter takes him/her/itself a bit too seriously.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:56 PM
It is the way they lost it.

Ok, how did they lose it? They had a guy nail 4 fucking 3s in half a minute on them. Now in the grand scheme of things, is one to be worried about that or the Spurs getting owned in the paint by the Sonics for an entire game?

Think long and hard about that.

2centsworth
12-10-2004, 12:03 AM
How many NBA games have you coached Tpark? How many rings do you have? If the answer to both is zero, then STFU, you don't have the experience required to comment.

I nominate that as one of the worst replies ever.

Spurminator
12-10-2004, 12:05 AM
I believe that reply was satirical (or would it be parodical?) in nature...

2centsworth
12-10-2004, 12:06 AM
how about asinine.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:07 AM
it was a sarcastic reply.

In a past life I responded immaturely with a response to him like that.

But, I dont anymore.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:07 AM
We need a primier or FAQ for newbies.

2centsworth
12-10-2004, 12:12 AM
it was a sarcastic reply.

In a past life I responded immaturely with a response to him like that.

But, I dont anymore.

my bad. friends? :drunk

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 12:14 AM
It's called sarcasm .02. Thanks for joining in on page 5 though.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:15 AM
lmao^^

ZING!!!!!

be easy on him aggie, hes a newbie.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Could 13 in :52 be bringing SpursTalk closer together?

Well, you find something good in tragedy, I guess.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I just thought of something. Was Shoog in the chat room at the time?

Cause if he was, he must have come back in from last night when he said he'd leave since the Spurs were losing. Then he came back in and we kicked him out again.

:lmao

romsho
12-10-2004, 12:24 AM
You're blaming Popovich? I was at the game about twenty feet from the Spurs bench, and Popovich was killing guys, and rightfully so. Manu for the ridiculous cross court pass (which he got away with), Devin for passing the ball to Tim (which they also got away with) when Devin was THE guy who was supposed to get the ball- as well as numerous other blunders. Maybe the biggest mistake of all was the lazy inbound which Padgett stole and dunked which made the rest of the comeback possible.
Get off Pop... You are reaching. This is why these coaches grind until the clock says zero-because of unecessary horseshit losses like tonight. You cannot lose a game like that-and yet they did, and it was due more to mental mistakes than any of the amazing things Tracy McGrady did. The players gave it away, not Pop- he could see it coming, hence the beatdown. Recognize.

Manu20
12-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Our players just need a hug especially Pop.
Did anyone see Pop on TNT? He was pissed

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Hugs all 'round.

Love,

Hedo

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Hugs all 'round.

Love,

Hedo

I wonder if the Turkish Army will give him a hug when he misses throwing that grenade towards the broadside of that barn.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:45 AM
He better hope a Islamic Spurs fan doesnt meet him in Istanbul, thats all I gotta say.

violentkitten
12-10-2004, 12:48 AM
now thats stupid

Spurminator
12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
You cannot lose a game like that-and yet they did, and it was due more to mental mistakes than any of the amazing things Tracy McGrady did.

So you're telling me they scored 13 points off our two turnovers?

That's some ratio.

Solid D
12-10-2004, 12:55 AM
You're blaming Popovich? I was at the game about twenty feet from the Spurs bench, and Popovich was killing guys, and rightfully so. Manu for the ridiculous cross court pass (which he got away with), Devin for passing the ball to Tim (which they also got away with) when Devin was THE guy who was supposed to get the ball- as well as numerous other blunders. Maybe the biggest mistake of all was the lazy inbound which Padgett stole and dunked which made the rest of the comeback possible.
Get off Pop... You are reaching. This is why these coaches grind until the clock says zero-because of unecessary horseshit losses like tonight. You cannot lose a game like that-and yet they did, and it was due more to mental mistakes than any of the amazing things Tracy McGrady did. The players gave it away, not Pop- he could see it coming, hence the beatdown. Recognize.

Excellent perspective, romsho.

Any more insights from your proximity to the Spurs' bench and huddles during those last timeouts?

romsho
12-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Is that what you gathered from my comments genius? Do you just chalk it up to an amazing comeback by the Rockets, or do you suppose you may come up with one or fifty scenarios where the Spurs win if they had just played smart? Be realistic.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:58 AM
other than the bad imbounds play, and the bad move by Devin, and ok throw in the DUncan foul wich added 1 point, what did they do wrong??

Honestly, nothing.

Spurminator
12-10-2004, 12:59 AM
I do chalk it up to an amazing comeback by the Rockets.

I agree with your defense of Pop. But if we had played a perfect final minute, it would have been the first minute of the game we managed to do so. TMac took over the game. Hindsight second guessing of the Spurs' execution completely overlooks a miraculous performance by Tracy McGrady.

Genius indeed. You were there for the whole game, right? Did you miss the first 47 minutes waiting for a beer? The entire game reaked of sloppiness from the Spurs' offense... so to blame the loss on the Spurs' execution in the last minute of the game is fucking miopic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 01:01 AM
If Pop could see it coming, why didn't he trap TMac, or at least have them foul him on the floor before he got the three off? After TMac hit his second three, I would have told the guys to foul him on the ground.

Even if he makes both of those, he comes down and hits a desperation three before we foul him at the end and the worst I'm looking at is OT.

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Ya know Buddy it comes down like this.

Me and Aggie, we disagree about basketball.

WTF, who cares.

Myself, Ive honestly changed in the last couple weeks and decided, ya know, me and aggie are hardcore conservatives, ill just remember him for that, and well just agree to disagree on basketball.

YOU on the other hand, you backwoods cletus nimrod, have ripped, friends of ours.

A woman, who is easilly the most hospitable, nicest, hell basketballintelligent, wise Ive ever met.

Youve personally attacked her, and smeared her name, and you ahve the fuckin gall to say Errrr i dont errr duh duh i dont remember hahahah.

STFU, go back to jabba the bozo, and get the fuck out.

This board aint perfect, were not all perfect. but what the hell, when it gets down to it, like Johnny blaze said

"T Park, you can sit by me"

and this is a guy who sometimes makes fun of me out of the blue!

Me and aggie, if we met in person and talked politics, wed be drinkin buddies for life.

Im a popsucker, hes a pophater.

Its life, we dont take it seriously, we move on.

You on the other hand, are a jackass. BE gone moron

Im reposting this because IMO, its the best post Ive ever made.

Enjoy again.... :smokin

romsho
12-10-2004, 01:09 AM
As funny as this sounds, from that close to the Spurs bench it just felt like they ( and I mean Popovich) were desperately trying to prevent a foolish loss. In no way should it have felt that way, not with that lead and the time left and every thing else in the Spurs favor- but I promsie it did. It's why I stayed and saw the brutal outcome with about half the place out the door. Thank God for the two championships... these losses are very Oiler-like. It pains me.

SequSpur
12-10-2004, 01:10 AM
UNTIL POP QUITS BELIEVING THAT MALIK IS 7 FOOT TALL AND HE FINALLY GETS RID OF THAT PIECE OF SHIT RASHO, I WILL ALWAYS BE ON HIS ASS.

I AM GLAD YOU ALL ARE FINALLY ON BOARD.

WELCOME TO REALITY.

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Good to see you sequ,

Johnny was afraid you were swinging from the Dorn knob. HIS WORDS NOT MINE!!!

romsho
12-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Spurminator, there are plenty of games where the Spurs play like complete dogshit for forty five or forty six minutes and still win the game. Tonight was and should have been one of those games, but they played their way out of it in the last minute. Miopic? I don't think so. I expect them to win lots of games where they play like shit, especially against inferior competition, they always do. They almost never collapse in the last minute like they did tonight.

timvp
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
On techniques used to motivate his players, i.e. the last 2 games versus NO and GS, Pop responded:

"Hopefully, I don't use that Houston Technique very often (chuckle). That one didn't work very well."

Timvp was right, after all, after expressing his disdain in a post game thread on Pop's meltdown contributing to the Spurs' breakdown versus the Rockets.

Thanks, Solid D.

I'll now accept apologies from those who bashed me.

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2004, 08:26 PM
UNTIL POP QUITS BELIEVING THAT MALIK IS 7 FOOT TALL AND HE FINALLY GETS RID OF THAT PIECE OF SHIT RASHO, I WILL ALWAYS BE ON HIS ASS.

I AM GLAD YOU ALL ARE FINALLY ON BOARD.

WELCOME TO REALITY.

:lol :lmao :lmao :lmao
Sequ, one thing i never quite understood about you.
if Rasho is a big piece of shit, then what's on your avatar?

SequSpur
12-21-2004, 08:38 PM
It's a pic of Rasho blowing. The only thing he is good at.

STFU.

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2004, 08:43 PM
It's a pic of Rasho blowing. The only thing he is good at.

STFU.
haha, yeah you know this from personal experieces don't you?

SequSpur
12-21-2004, 08:48 PM
the powers of this forum put that pic there, so please STFU.

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2004, 08:52 PM
the powers of this forum put that pic there, so please STFU.
HAHA oh yeah i forgot about that.
ok, i will STFU up now Sequ,

Solid D
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Looking back, everybody sure was irritated in this place. :lol

The day Pop went "Serbian" on Devin and the boys.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Pretty awesome. I'm glad it happened early in the season.