PDA

View Full Version : Telluride City Council passes moronic resolution...

Yonivore
07-27-2007, 12:32 PM
...to impeach President Bush and Vice-President Cheney (http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20070725/NEWS/70725002) and is stunned, STUNNED I tell you, when the cancellations for skiing vacations (http://www.telluridegateway.com/articles/2007/07/22/news/news01.txt) began to pour in.

The Telluride Town Council, obviously feeling the anger of the left along with more than a touch of Bush Derangement Syndrome, has passed a resolution by a vote of 6 to 1 to impeach President Bush and Vice President Cheney, accusing them of torture, lying, global warming, and anything else they could think of.

And now, quite unexpectedly, a backlash has begun. Hundreds of skiers have cancelled their reservations for this winter, including many multi-party groups. And the Town Council just doesn’t understand why.

This is frickin' hilarious!

Ya know, you gotta love it when a self righteous group of ass clowns who see themselves as the all knowing, all seeing "Voice Of The People," gets poked in their collective eye like this. Like so many on the left they just assumed that the entire planet feels like they do and that all creatures great and small would join hands with them over this and sing Kum-bah-freakin'-yah. Guess what? Didn’t happen.

And if I were a local businessman I’d be pissed.

That bit of self promotion on the Town Council’s part may well cost the local businesses a bunch of money. And if I were a voter there I would make my life’s mission to get rid of those pin heads and put somebody into office who would focus more on doing what is good for Telluride and less on throwing their personal opinions around in a very public way. Especially opinions that don’t mean jack squat to Telluride. A resolution to impeach the president? At the very best that’s above their paygrade. At the worst it’s sheer political self promoting arrogance.

The Telluride Mayor, John Pryor, appears to be appalled by this and is moving to distance himself from his colleague’s ill advised bit of political diarrhea. He called it a “silly initiative” even though he voted for it along with the other pompous asses. Smart lad. When the ship hits an iceberg it’s every rat for himself.

And what will the Town Council learn from this little episode? Probably nothing. They’ll harrumph and settle their self righteous backsides into their comfy chairs and assure each other that they did the right thing. It’s the heathen people who don’t understand.

And as of now the cancellations are still pouring in by the hundreds. Oops. Well, the Town Council can always fall back on the tried and true mantra of the left: It’s Bush’s fault.

PixelPusher
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Hyper-sensitive Republican skiers cancel reservations because of a non-actionable city council resolution. Pass the Freedom Fries.

Oh, Gee!!
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
You can't please everybody every time, I guess.

Wild Cobra
07-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Dixie Chicks two anyone?

They didn't understand why their sales dropped either. They thought it was a conspiracy of sorts. They just didn't realize that the people used their version of the voting process and stopped buying their stuff.

Same with the Telluride ski vacations. The people know it's cash for the community. They people don't want to support a community that six to one wants to impeach the president.

It must be 6:1, right? Isn't the council suppose to represent the people?

Great action. I wonder how many of the six will be replaced in the next election? With the towns revenue decreasing unless they can replace it, you know there will be some well placed anger.

gtownspur
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Hyper-sensitive Republican skiers cancel reservations because of a non-actionable city council resolution. Pass the Freedom Fries.

Liberal City councilmen and their left wing amateur useful idiots on the internets hypersensitive over Republican skiers canceling reservations. Pass the Pro Choice Placenta.

George Gervin's Afro
07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I commendthe council. At they have the balls to call for the impeachment for the unecessary wartime president... those repuke fucks who cancelled can go to hell.. gays, people who don't suck bush's dick..poor wittle wepubwicans..

exstatic
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Telluride will never lack for skiers in the winter. Those are just available reservations now. Seems like they'll have a nicer crowd this year, minus the Faux news bots.

Shit, if I still skied, I'd call and MAKE a reservation. :lol

Yonivore
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I commendthe council. At they have the balls to call for the impeachment for the unecessary wartime president... those repuke fucks who cancelled can go to hell.. gays, people who don't suck bush's dick..poor wittle wepubwicans..
I can just imagine the spittle spraying your screen and keyboard as you typed that. A very "boutonish" post GGA. Nice.

DarkReign
07-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Boycotts never work anymore. Telluride will be fine...the council-peoples jobs...as tenuous as any other low-level wannabe politician.

Yonivore
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Boycotts never work anymore. Telluride will be fine...the council-peoples jobs...as tenuous as any other low-level wannabe politician.

Apparently, things aren't improving...

Ski resort's 'Impeach Bush' vote backfires (http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57076)
'Hundreds' cancel trips, homeowner threatens to move out

"It's huge, unbelievable," said Telluride Mayor John Pryor. "Ski groups are canceling for the winter. Hundreds of people are bailing. The (town) website (http://www.town.telluride.co.us/home/index.asp?page=14) is flooded with people saying they're canceling their vacations here."

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Apparently, things aren't improving...

Ski resort's 'Impeach Bush' vote backfires (http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57076)
'Hundreds' cancel trips, homeowner threatens to move out

you mean half of the country is still republicans? no way.