PDA

View Full Version : Raja Bell Undergoes Knee Surgery

Jeremy
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/bell_070727.html

I'm glad he finally had surgery. His knees were giving him lots of trouble the last half of the season.

JMarkJohns
07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I know there's still lots of time, but why did he wait two months? One month I understand, but two? That's really pushing things.

All the best to him. Suns won't win the Pacific without his defense and shooting.

CubanMustGo
07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I hope his recovery goes well. Arthroscopic so 6-8 weeks of solid PT and he should be good as new.

JMarkJohns
07-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I understand it only takes 6-8 for this type of procedure, but it also takes some time to rehab and rework oneself back into shape, redevelop the timing lost from the time missed, and rediscover one's touch from range. If he's just getting started in October, he may have another several weeks of rust in November.

I'm also worried he rushes and doesn't take as much time to rest, heal and rehabb before D'Antoni throws him out there for 35+ minutes a night. He gets this done even two weeks ago and I'm breathing a lot easier in this regard.

Switchman
07-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope the Doctor closelines him on the way out.

JMarkJohns
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I hope the Doctor closelines him on the way out.

As opposed, say, sticking his foot under him as he lands? :rolleyes

Or maybe instead of body-checking him into the nearest desk?

Fact is there's a player or two on every team that occasionally snap and do something stupid. I despised Horry for his foul on Nash, but then I realized it wasn't unlike the Bell foul.

boutons_
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM
"I despised Horry for his foul on Nash"

It was a simple block, nothing vicioius, IT'S THE PLAYOFFS!

You don't despise Nash's melo-drama of lying flat on his back and throwing is arms over his head. total bullshit.

monosylab1k
07-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I despised Horry for his foul on Nash, but then I realized it wasn't unlike the Bell foul.

the Bell clothesline was FAR more malicious and violent than Horry's bodycheck. How bad can a foul be when the other guy has to flop and throw his arms out in mock pain like Nash did?

JMarkJohns
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
It's funny how everybody is so certain Nash flopped. What's known is Nash was running hard around a corner when Horry hit him with the side of his frame, then extended his forearm a good half a footas Nash flew to the table.

Once on the ground, I certainly believe Nash played it up for all it was worth, but the contact was legit, as the hit was both unexpected and something that just mamimized each players momentum to the detriment of the lighter, more out of control player.

Sure, the Bell incident was worse. I never said it wasn't, but each was assessed a flagrant two and resulted in a suspension.

Xylus
07-28-2007, 01:35 AM
It's funny how everybody is so certain Nash flopped. What's known is Nash was running hard around a corner when Horry hit him with the side of his frame, then extended his forearm a good half a footas Nash flew to the table.

Once on the ground, I certainly believe Nash played it up for all it was worth, but the contact was legit, as the hit was both unexpected and something that just mamimized each players momentum to the detriment of the lighter, more out of control player.

Sure, the Bell incident was worse. I never said it wasn't, but each was assessed a flagrant two and resulted in a suspension.
Yup.

Anyway, get well soon, Raja. I <3 U.

yourcheatinheart
07-28-2007, 01:35 PM
the Bell clothesline was FAR more malicious and violent than Horry's bodycheck. How bad can a foul be when the other guy has to flop and throw his arms out in mock pain like Nash did?

dicaprio :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-28-2007, 01:56 PM
How original. That's the best comeback I've ever heard of.

yourcheatinheart
07-28-2007, 04:22 PM
How original. That's the best comeback I've ever heard of.

May your daughters' hair grow thick, black, and abundant -- all over their faces. Go Suns :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Stay near the bench.

RonMexico
07-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Let's be honest, Raja did what everyone in America wanted to do - which is destroy Kobe...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2007, 08:17 AM
:lol

yourcheatinheart
07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Stay near the bench.
:toast original :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Yet that one statement could've saved an entire season...

JMarkJohns
07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Yet that one statement could've saved an entire season...

That's actually one of the first times I've heard a Spurs fan acknowledge even the possibility. Maybe I missed a few, and there are certainly plenty of level-headed, unbiased Spurs fans to have/state such an opinion, but I read most everything Suns/Spurs related and most felt supremely confident, even in the face of a 2-2 tie going to Phoenix.

While maybe not "worry" it's certainly nice to see the thought of it from a Spurs fan! :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
:king

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 10:37 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4435/asdfnh8.png (http://imageshack.us)

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Raja was at least provoked. Mutiple elbow shots to the face....Raja lost his cool.

Whats Horry's excuse? The little six foot white guy was too physical for him?

Im glad the last memory the nation will ever have of Horry will be him committing a cheap shot on Nash. Now no one will ever forget what a no-class punk he truly was.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Raja was at least provoked. Mutiple elbow shots to the face....Raja lost his cool.
LOL was it the multiple elbows to the face or the multiple 50 point nights that Kobe dropped on his sorry ass?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Whats Horry's excuse? The little six foot white guy was too physical for him?

Im glad the last memory the nation will ever have of Horry will be him committing a cheap shot on Nash. Now no one will ever forget what a no-class punk he truly was.
You mean the cheap shot that led to Nash's flop?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4435/asdfnh8.png (http://imageshack.us)
:lmao

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL was it the multiple elbows to the face or the multiple 50 point nights that Kobe dropped on his sorry ass?

Well..it could be worse. I mean, Kobe's been known to drop 62 points in only three quarters against lesser teams.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Well..it could be worse. I mean, Kobe's been known to drop 62 points in only three quarters against lesser teams.
nobody clotheslined him for that one

RonMexico
07-30-2007, 10:13 PM
nobody clotheslined him for that one

That's because Stack was waiting until the 4th quarter to do it... or JET was holding off his nut-punch until the 4th as well.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 10:46 AM

How was the hit unexpected? Nash knew the Spurs were going to try to foul. Nash sold it. Thats why Horry didn't give him an apology. Horry's been around man. Nash should of stayed on the ground if he wanted to sell it. He fell so "whoa is me" then stood up immediately to attack Horry. "Wait Nash, I thought you were hurt?" He sold it. ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!! I would love to see this suns team play against the best in the 80's. Can you imagine them against the Bad Boy Pistons. If they thought Horrys hip check was bad, :lmao.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 10:48 AM
WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE

Thats all phoenix fans do...

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Nash should of stayed on the ground if he wanted to sell it. He fell so "whoa is me" then stood up immediately to attack Horry. "Wait Nash, I thought you were hurt?"
No, no, you got that part wrong. Nash stayed down until Bell got into it with Horry. As soon as someone else challenged Horry and the refs started breaking things up, THAT was when Nash showed some fake tough guy....he knew at that point that shit wasn't gonna go down.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 11:08 AM
No, no, you got that part wrong. Nash stayed down until Bell got into it with Horry. As soon as someone else challenged Horry and the refs started breaking things up, THAT was when Nash showed some fake tough guy....he knew at that point that shit wasn't gonna go down.

Thats right, I had forgotten that. Thanks for the clarifying the facts for us.

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 11:14 AM
How was the hit unexpected? Nash knew the Spurs were going to try to foul. Nash sold it. Thats why Horry didn't give him an apology. Horry's been around man. Nash should of stayed on the ground if he wanted to sell it. He fell so "whoa is me" then stood up immediately to attack Horry. "Wait Nash, I thought you were hurt?" He sold it. ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!! I would love to see this suns team play against the best in the 80's. Can you imagine them against the Bad Boy Pistons. If they thought Horrys hip check was bad, :lmao.

Sorry.. That doesn't fly. A foul was certainly expected, not a body-check. Those don't normally occur, unless you're Ron Artest or James Posey.

And what exactly do the 80's/90's bad boy Pistons have anything to do with these Phoenix Suns? I'm not certain these Spurs could have taken what they'd have doled out, either. It's not like Manu isn't prone to flopping to get his way. You think Mahorn and Laimbeer would have tolerated that? Duncan never handled the physical play very well. He's gotten better, but then, the play has also softened of late. If he thought the Nuggets were tough this past year, imagine his feelings towards the Pistons or even Knicks of the 90's?

Fact is, nobody saw that hit coming. Not even the refs who had an opportunity to call a touch foul on Finley, but let play go on. Had they thought Horry was ready to go NHL on Nash, they'd have blown play dead upon first contact. I'm sure Nash didn't expect it, as I'm sure he'd have avoided Horry. I'm quite sure nobody on the Suns bench expected it, as their reactions to the foul lend to reason that they were all shocked and angered.

So, again, what part of unexpected are you taking exception with?

Oh, you're not really, you just felt the need to belittle Nash by saying he flopped. Obviously you're more qualified than the refs who ejected Horry over it, and the League who reviewed the play and deemed it worth a two-game suspension.

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
It's not like Manu isn't prone to flopping to get his way. You think Mahorn and Laimbeer would have tolerated that?

Laimbeer and the Pistons were the Wright Brothers of flopping. They paved the way for legends like Vlade and Manu.

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 11:21 AM
But they sure as hell wouldn't have tolerated it from anybody else. I was only around 10 when they were winning their Titles, so I don't have a great recolection, but I remember them throwing their weight around plenty.

It wasn't too long ago that the Lakers were calling the Spurs soft. The Suns are just softer.

I agree that the Suns couldn't handle the Bad Boy Pistons. Luckily, they don't have to. I would say luckily for every single team in the NBA right now.

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:22 AM
btw i'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I saw the hit coming. honestly. as soon as horry came into the picture I thought "oh shit Nash is gonna get it" because there was no reason whatsoever for Horry to be there, he should have been jogging his old ass back to play defense.

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
btw i'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I saw the hit coming. honestly. as soon as horry came into the picture I thought "oh shit Nash is gonna get it" because there was no reason whatsoever for Horry to be there, he should have been jogging his old ass back to play defense.

You should start a hotline then...

Maybe I was just too wrapped up in the thills of victory to expect that type of foul? All I know is what was stated above. There were too many people within that proximity who failed to stop this "expected flagrant foul" or reacted to it with surprise.

Like I said, I do believe Nash played it up once on the floor. However, the foul itself was certainly unnecessary and excessive, so implying it wasn't by stating Nash flopped/milked it just isn't accurate. Not according to the refs, not according to the League.

It's funny, so many Spurs fans are jumping on Suns fanatics who won't acknowledge the League's ruling/interpretation of the rulebook, well, there was no play for the ball by Horry, no attempt to hold Nash up, or stop his fall, so by the same standards of interpretation, Horry's foul was flagrant and the contact sufficient for the fall.

It's a bit of a stretch, but the League Office is the League Office, so one decision is as good as another.

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM

Maybe I was just too wrapped up in the thills of victory to expect that type of foul? All I know is what was stated above. There were too many people within that proximity who failed to stop this "expected flagrant foul" or reacted to it with surprise.
i don't know if the guys on the court expected it. I'm just going from what I saw watching it on tv with a better view of the entire court. and as soon as I saw Horry sticking around to guard Nash, it didn't look right to me. plus, I think Manu was running back to take care of Nash because he was expecting Horry to fall back.

so i'm betting most of the guys on the court may not have expected it to happen, but just to me personally it looked fishy for Horry to try and guard Nash before he even crossed the halfcourt line and at that point I though "he's gonna give him a hard foul".

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
i don't know if the guys on the court expected it. I'm just going from what I saw watching it on tv with a better view of the entire court. and as soon as I saw Horry sticking around to guard Nash, it didn't look right to me. plus, I think Manu was running back to take care of Nash because he was expecting Horry to fall back.

so i'm betting most of the guys on the court may not have expected it to happen, but just to me personally it looked fishy for Horry to try and guard Nash before he even crossed the halfcourt line and at that point I though "he's gonna give him a hard foul".

You're probably right. Maybe some viewing from home could tell something was going to happen, but for the logic behind Zack's claim, Nash would have needed to "expect it" as Zack challenged me saying that the foul was unexpected by Nash, the Suns, the refs, etc... as I said, their actions leading up to, and then reactions towards say differently.

He may, and should have, expected a foul, but I don't think, though I can't really know, that he expected anything like what happened. Nash was thinking, "Waste time, but get past halfcourt..." He was ducking and weaving, saw some light around the corner, went for it to get across the line, then got hit.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Sorry.. That doesn't fly. A foul was certainly expected, not a body-check. Those don't normally occur, unless you're Ron Artest or James Posey.

And what exactly do the 80's/90's bad boy Pistons have anything to do with these Phoenix Suns? I'm not certain these Spurs could have taken what they'd have doled out, either. It's not like Manu isn't prone to flopping to get his way. You think Mahorn and Laimbeer would have tolerated that? Duncan never handled the physical play very well. He's gotten better, but then, the play has also softened of late. If he thought the Nuggets were tough this past year, imagine his feelings towards the Pistons or even Knicks of the 90's?

Fact is, nobody saw that hit coming. Not even the refs who had an opportunity to call a touch foul on Finley, but let play go on. Had they thought Horry was ready to go NHL on Nash, they'd have blown play dead upon first contact. I'm sure Nash didn't expect it, as I'm sure he'd have avoided Horry. I'm quite sure nobody on the Suns bench expected it, as their reactions to the foul lend to reason that they were all shocked and angered.

So, again, what part of unexpected are you taking exception with?

Oh, you're not really, you just felt the need to belittle Nash by saying he flopped. Obviously you're more qualified than the refs who ejected Horry over it, and the League who reviewed the play and deemed it worth a two-game suspension.

Like I said, he SOLD it. You honestly think that Nash didn't flop and throw his arms up. Look closely and you'll see he even pushed off one of his legs? If you are blind to that I'll attribute it to your homerism, which is alright. But then how do you excuse Amare and Diaw leaving the bench. And yeah, this Spurs team is a tribute to an era when defense was valued and would of fit right in with the 80's. The suns would of just cried their way out of series in that era. Thats all Im saying and you know it to be true. Duncan has never handled physical play very well??? And when he said the Nuggets were more physical he was laughing. How do you explain 4 championships then? You don't earn those by being soft.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM

Like I said, I do believe Nash played it up once on the floor. However, the foul itself was certainly unnecessary and excessive, so implying it wasn't by stating Nash flopped/milked it just isn't accurate. Not according to the refs, not according to the League.

It's funny, so many Spurs fans are jumping on Suns fanatics who won't acknowledge the League's ruling/interpretation of the rulebook, well, there was no play for the ball by Horry, no attempt to hold Nash up, or stop his fall, so by the same standards of interpretation, Horry's foul was flagrant and the contact sufficient for the fall.

It's a bit of a stretch, but the League Office is the League Office, so one decision is as good as another.

Then don't ever bitch about the league suspending Amare and Diaw then. They broke a rule too. :nope

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Then don't ever bitch about the league suspending Amare and Diaw then. They broke a rule too. :nope

Obviously, because I'm a Suns fan, I'm a bitch... OK...

You don't read this site much, do you?

Whining is a waste of time.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Obviously, because I'm a Suns fan, I'm a bitch... OK...

You don't read this site much, do you?

Whining is a waste of time.

When did I call you a bitch? All I said is that I don't want to hear an excuse for Amare and Diaw.

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
When did I call you a bitch? All I said is that I don't want to hear an excuse for Amare and Diaw.

You presumed I would bitch, thus implying that I was one who would whine or complain, or in other words, that I was a bitch when you demanded that I not make any excuses for Amare or Bell. You did this all because I am a Suns fan.

Like I said, you, since you joined two weeks ago, haven't a history on me, so your presumption would be wrong. I have not made an excuse for Amare Diaw since the suspension was handed out. Did I openly debate whether it was fair to adhere to the letter of the law when the spirit of the law was bent by Horry's actions? Sure, but I understood the ruling and have idiot Suns fanatics like da_suns_fan__ and youcheatinheart on my ignore list so I don't have to read their whiny crap.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 12:35 PM
You presumed I would bitch, thus implying that I was one who would whine or complain, or in other words, that I was a bitch when you demanded that I not make any excuses for Amare or Bell. You did this all because I am a Suns fan.

You put alot of thought into that huh?

JMarkJohns
07-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Naturally...

RonMexico
08-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Fact is, nobody saw that hit coming. Not even the refs who had an opportunity to call a touch foul on Finley, but let play go on. Had they thought Horry was ready to go NHL on Nash, they'd have blown play dead upon first contact.

Donaghy would have made that call...

Viva Las Espuelas
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
maybe he could have that chip removed from his shoulder while he's under the knife. i hope he has a good recovery.