PDA

View Full Version : CJ Miles?

jdaveah
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Miles is a RFA from the Jazz, I remember when he was coming out of high schoola lot of people wanted us to take him in the second round if he was there. He decided not to play for the Jazz SL and I'm not sure how high the level of interest is from the Jazz. He's still only two years out of high school and he might have alot of potential as a future SG. Anybody think we could pick him up on the cheap?

Darkwaters
07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Word came out today that he was looking to resign with the Jazz. But I think he would be a decent developmental wing player. Unfortunately you can't ship him down to the D-League anymore. He actually started several games for the Jazz at the beginning of the year and looked okay for a while. But he obviously needs some serious polish. Still, I wouldn't mind having the would-be Texas Longhorn at all.

Pistol...2K4
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
CJ Miles is an okay prospect with a greedy Pop who made some bad decisions on his behalf...not sure if he would be a good fit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Shoulda gone to college. As far as him on the Spurs, no thanks. I'm sure someone will play the Aggie-Longhorn angle, but fact is dude sucks.

Steve-O-Matic
07-28-2007, 09:29 AM
He's got a hell of a lot more potential than James White ever did. I'd take a shot at him if we could do so under a non-guaranteed contract.

Del_Negro
07-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think a guy whose starving for playing time and refusing to play in the summer league is our type of fellow.

Darkwaters
07-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't think a guy whose starving for playing time and refusing to play in the summer league is our type of fellow.

Good point. But he is a great talent with tons of potential.

jdaveah
07-28-2007, 12:28 PM

As far as I know the reason he didn't play was because he was a free agent. I can understand not wanting to play SL as a free agent just in case you get hurt and then you're screwed.