PDA

View Full Version : This team has no talent!

whottt
12-09-2004, 11:24 PM
What the hell were we thinking?

1.Brent Barry? As over-rated a shooter as a career 40% 3point, near 50% FG PCT, can be.

Total garbage, entire career has been a fluke, should never be allowed to see on court action in the NBA again. Not good enough to play for the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

2.Robert Horry - 5 ring fluke, all those clutch plays were luck. Aint got nothing, never had nothing. Should never be allowed on an NBA court again, not good enough for a team like the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

3.Manu Ginobili - total career fluke, being the centerpiece of a team that knocked off a team of NBA All Stars and two championship coaches...winning Euroleauge MVP, Gold medal...Euro title...

Marginal talent. Should be, at the most, a role player for the San Antonio Spurs.

4.Rasho - No talent piece of crap, not good enough to play for the Spurs...should be benched and not allowed on the court for the Spurs. Not good enought to play for the Spurs. No offensive game whatsoever.

5.Tony Parker - entire fluke, little crappy PG hasn't got a shred of talent or NBA game...probably shouldn't be allowed in the NBA...Little egomaniac either tries to score or tries to pass...what a loser. Not good enough to play for the mighty San Antonio Spurs.

Spurs should cut or trade every player on the team except Tim Duncan, Devin Brown and Malik Rose...no one else is good enough to play for this team except those three icons of perfection. Them combined with Gregg Poppovich's legendary flexibility and innovativeness as a coach is enough to win an NBA title. And everyone else sucks.

What the hell were we thinking when we called this team the most talented in history?

It's the least talented in history...thank God Pop realizes this and has shortened the rotation to 6 men.

Whew that was a close one...now if we can just trade all this crap...

Athenea
12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Spurs should cut or trade every player on the team except Tim Duncan, Devin Brown and Malik Rose...no one else is good enough to play for this team except those three icons of perfection. Them combined with Gregg Poppovich's legendary flexibility and innovativeness as a coach is enough to win an NBA title. And everyone else sucks.

:lol :lol :lol

T Park
Bring Back John Lucas!!!!!

Solid D
Classic Threads material.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Whottt's about to get hit by a ton of bricks from somebody who just don't know.

Tek_XX
12-09-2004, 11:36 PM
You gonna rip all those guys and give Devin Brown a pass?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

whottt
12-09-2004, 11:42 PM
As usual, I said too much...I should have just said this:

It's the least talented in history...thank God Pop realizes this and has shortened the rotation to 6 men.

And that would be sarcasm.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Of Course,

Pop's defense sucked, he made Devin play dumb down the stretch.

Of course.

God, amazing how much 1 man controls a whole game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Damn, whott just said everything that needs to be said. :lol

whottt
12-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Of Course,

Pop's defense sucked, he made Devin play dumb down the stretch.

Of course.

God, amazing how much 1 man controls a whole game.

We have the most talented team in Spur history, by far, and he is playing the same 6 guys that got the bulk of the minutes and burnt enourmous energy last night, on the second night of a back to back. The only reason Rasho got more minutes is out of necessity of guarding Yao.

In short..Pop is being a dick and too much of a hardass. He doesn't know how to utilize the talent on this team if it doesn't play his idea of all NBA defense. There's more to it than D.

And he can't put everyone on the bench...time for him to fit the team instead of the other way around. We are already the best defensive team in the NBA and he is just beating a dead horse now. The last two nights have been stupid.

And the only reason we didn't lose this game earlier is because we had the best FT shooting night we have had in 3 years.

Drachen
12-10-2004, 12:01 AM
WHY OH WHY did we allow pop to fire Bob Hill?!?!?!?

Dex
12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
We should trade them all for Trillion Carter. We might get better productivity. :rolleyes

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:14 AM

Great question.

WWBHD

Pop has gotta get the silver haired fucker on the phone and learn a thing or two obviously.

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:15 AM

STARTERS MIN
Bruce Bowen, 32
Tim Duncan, 38
Radoslav Nesterovic, 24
Emanuel Ginobili, 29
Tony Parker, 39
BENCH MIN
Devin Brown, 26
Malik Rose, 25
Brent Barry, 9 0-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Beno Udrih, 9 2-3 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 4
Tony Massenburg, 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0
Robert Horry, 5 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Mike Wilks, G DNP COACH'S DECISION

Amazingly, the powerhouse juggernaut and superdeep Rockets so dominated tonights game that every player on their team except 1 got double digit minutes. Well, I guess that wouldn't be amazing...I mean..hey with all that talent the Rockets have it's no surprise they can get by playing their back ups against our starters while our back ups aren't good enough to get on the court.

I hope some day we can be as good, deep, and talented as the Rockets...gotta get rid of this Horry, Barry and Udrih crap though first....

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Seriously WHOTTTTTTTTTTT, who do you think got too many minutes? Tony? and who else?

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Rasho shouldve gotten more minutes down the stretch IMO.

But other than that, everything was ok.

Devin Brown was awesome.

Bowen was playing great D.

Parker was running the offense mediocrely but Udrih wasnt much better.

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Just tell me one thing Kori...

How come the Rockets can play their back ups substantial minutes but we can't?

Do they have a better bench IYO? They must, their guys got more minutes. And I don't think they were playing the second night of a back to back.

And...I just hope you guys rip Malik like you do Horry...he obviously got too many minutes.

ChumpDumper
None of those guys were making any difference. The 7 guys who played were the 7 guys who should've played. We were also getting their guys into foul trouble, hence more minutes for the bench players. Too bad they punked us.

T Park
Brent Barry, 9 0-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0

with numbers like that Whottt, I can see your arguement, Barry was kickin ass and takin names in the time he played.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you, Whottt. I'm asking what you would have different. It looks like to me that perhaps Tony played too many minutes. But the rest of the distribution isn't that bad. Take a few minutes away from Malik maybe and give them to Rasho/Horry. I'm not sure what else could have been done.

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:23 AM
None of those guys were making any difference. The 7 guys who played were the 7 guys who should've played. We were also getting their guys into foul trouble, hence more minutes for the bench players. Too bad they punked us.

Yeah...I guess they got a better team and a better bench. There is no other conclusion you can draw, since Pop is masterful...and again...our offense sucked ass don't act like it didn't...

It was total and utter horshit offense...we shot 33%...the only thing that saved us was our FT shooting.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:23 AM
I agree.

Nitpicking about minutes, is kind of , I dont know, silly.

Parker shouldve played less and Udrih played more??

Udrih wasnt doing anything that warrants that.

Bones DEFINATELY didnt warrant any more minutes.

I agree with TIMVP, enough fuckin around, time for Barry to become a player instead of an attendant.

timvp
12-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Whottt has fallen off the deep end. The reason the Rockets bench played more because their starters suck equally with their bench.

What point are you trying to make?

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:24 AM
How was the shitty shooting of the guys who didn't play double digit minutes going to help?

Do you actually know anything about JVG-coached teams?

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Your Hubbie got it right Kori although IMO he got it more right than he realized...Pop is being a dick.

milkyway21
Spurs should cut or trade every player on the team except ....and Malik Rose...no one else is good enough to play for this team except those three icons of perfection. ... :blah :blah :rolleyes :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
Rasho shoulda got more burn tonight, Rose less.

People need to realize Rasho is one of those guys when matched up with "big" centers like Yao and Z, is going to have good nights. It's against the quick athletic guys that he struggles.

He played great D on Yao, even threw in 4 blocks, but hey Malik hustles, and that counts for a lot when a guy is a foot taller than you.

And yeah I know they want to limit Manu's minutes, but two nights in a row now he's been hitting everything from three, then we pull him, and he never finds his stroke again in the game. Basketball 101, you ride the guy with the hot hand on offense until he goes cold (especially in games like this where points are going to be hard to come by).

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:26 AM
How was the shitty shooting of the guys who didn't play double digit minutes going to help?

Horry 1-2

Beno 2-3

Oh and Malik was 0-5 with 2 boards in 25 minutes of play. Obviously he was worn out from last night when he played incredibly.

Pop's coaching like a dumbass stop defending it.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I agree aggie with all that,

EXCEPT!!

I think they are trying to NOT let Manu burn out too early. Hes a high energy player that if played more than 30 minutes a night ever night will burn out quick.

JMO, I dont know, if thats not the case, then i agree he should get more burn.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:28 AM
lol, uh, Whottt, I think TIMVP is disagreeing.

lol.

Whatever....

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Why did you not include Shane Barry in your little rejoinder.

What an idiot -- you agreed in chat that Duncan/Horry was the worst frontline we put out there tonight.

And Malik was trying to put up shit in the trees again. If you want to rest poor tired Malik, play Rasho more tonight. No brainer.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:32 AM
I agree, Malik I think though, the heart was there, but mentally, he was totally shot.

Long minutes big game last night, just didnt have it tonight.

Unfair to have him out there for that long tonight.

Rasho earned the burn, give it to him.

Thats the only beef I have.

milkyway21
12-10-2004, 12:33 AM
how about more minutes for Barry? yesterday he just logged in 8, today, 5? Both losses. We need an outside shooter badly. The Cavs is our next assignment and they are playing well lately. I think Rasho played well tonight. And Manu shld have been on the court in the last minutes.Why is he on the bench? He could have made the difference. Actually, I'm a little bit confused of Pops plays in the last couple of games. Manu did well in the 2nd qtr but was benched in the most impt. minutes of the game.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:33 AM
asho shoulda got more burn tonight, Rose less.

People need to realize Rasho is one of those guys when matched up with "big" centers like Yao and Z, is going to have good nights. It's against the quick athletic guys that he struggles.

He played great D on Yao, even threw in 4 blocks, but hey Malik hustles, and that counts for a lot when a guy is a foot taller than you.I won't let the most even-handed take on Rasho go unnoticed.

Props.

timvp
12-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah, except Duncan was matched up with Yao when Rose was in.

Porps.

whottt
12-10-2004, 12:39 AM
Why did you not include Shane Barry in your little rejoinder.

What an idiot -- you agreed in chat that Duncan/Horry was the worst frontline we put out there tonight.

No I didn't.

Ok I'll include Barry in my rejoinder...he was 0-3...fuck cut him now. What an asshole you are.

Tell me...how's this 6 minutes of Barry thing working out for us? Let's see...Detroit...barely won it...got lucky. Last night....I guess Barry's shitty D justified yanking him for the 18 point deficit we gained without him...

And btw your boy Sura missed more shots than Barry.

The only idiots in the entire fucking world that think Barry is a shitty player, reside here on this board.

You aren't impressing me.

Again give credit...Pop's idea of yanking his ass after 1 quarter of play is really bearing fruit aint it?

Tell you what...Barry did a lot better job of stopping Tmac's 3's than anyone else did tonight.

The equation is simple...when we play Barry we are ahead of schedule offensively...when we don't...we look like we usually do this early in the season. I don't care how he looks playing the results don't lie. And until I see him left in against a tough opp and I am proven to be wrong...I'm going to value my opinion more than yours..Charlie.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM
maybe he didnt get minutes cause Devin Brown and Ginobili and Bowen were playing, better???

nahhhh.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Barry = victory

We get it.

We understand that you want to play guys who are playing shitty because someday they are going to make a shot gaddamittt.

Sura did more than Barry tonight and it burns you inside -- playing Barry more would've made it worse because right now he sucks and Brown is playing great.

I think someday he'll come around, it sure as hell wasn't going to be tonight.

You simply overrated this team. I told you their record was inflated and you continued with your near-70-game predictions.

Welcome to the real world.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:52 AM
what Chump said.

Although, I think 65 wins is realistic.

Barry's bad play is even more realistic.

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Barry = victory

We get it.

We understand that you want to play guys who are playing shitty because someday they are going to make a shot gaddamittt.

Sura did more than Barry tonight and it burns you inside -- playing Barry more would've made it worse because right now he sucks and Brown is playing great.

I think someday he'll come around, it sure as hell wasn't going to be tonight.

You simply overrated this team. I told you their record was inflated and you continued with your near-70-game predictions.

Welcome to the real world.

Chump you colossal dumbass....I don't care who comes off the bench first and I don't particularly care who gets the most minutes...

but don't you even try and tell me this is the way you manage a deep bench...

And keep talking shit about last season...it turned out the way I said it would didn't it?

I will admit I was wrong about this year...I didn't plan on Pop being an asshole.

TPark, I saw what TimVP said...however I don't disagre with what he said earlier...as I mentioned...he was more right than he knew when he called out Pop for being an asshole. What I don't understand is why he thinks it was isolated to that one incident.

TimVP, doesn't say much for our team then if their equally shitty starters and bench beat us. What you are saying doesn't add up..we have the superior starters and the superior bench...but Pop isn't using it that way. He's running, in effect a 6 man rotation in big games, even in back to backs, rendering this teams depth redundant...and it is hurting us in every game we do it. He coaches differently in those games and our offensive output is different. You mgith say it's those teams...you might have a point with Seattle, but Detroit aint beating the world these days and Houston sure isn't.

He deserves to be called out...and don't think fatigue wasn't a factor in the rash of boneheadedness we had at the end of this game.

The second half of last nights game the Spurs trapped and ran their asses off, those were high impact minutes.

It's on Pop 100%. He doesn't understand or respect offensive talent, he's totally obsessed with D...and it's stupid..it's overboard...

Tell Phoenix that offensive weak D players don't have role to play on a team.

Fucking Steve Nash would be an IR reserve on this team.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 01:07 AM
but don't you even try and tell me this is the way you manage a deep bench.Sure it is. This isn't the Grizzlies.
And keep talking shit about last season...it turned out the way I said it would didn't it?And like I said too, Big fucking deal. If only Shane Heal had been there....
I will admit I was wrong about this year...I didn't plan on Pop being an asshole.I do count on your being wrong.

"Play Barry more."

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Nobody was gassed at the end of tonights game.

Not one player.

They just couldn't stop fucking up.

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Sure it is. This isn't the Grizzlies.

What an assinine thing to say...you tard...depth is a strength of a team. If you don't use it you are stupid.

And like I said too, Big fucking deal. If only Shane Heal had been there....

Trust me, Heal could have gone 0-5 from 3 like everyone else did.

My guy wasn't there, we will never know if I was right or not.....but we know for a fact you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about...we saw your vision choke 4 fucking games in a row.

I do count on your being wrong.

Not on this I'm not.

"Play Barry more."

Well, look at it in terms of the absolutes you so love...if we are going to lose big games due to stupid coaching decisions...wouldn't it at least be nice to have a little variety in how we do it?

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:14 AM
didn't plan on Pop being an asshole

Hes an asshole cause he doesnt play your favorite players??

Interesting look at it.

herbivore female
12-10-2004, 01:15 AM
don't put too much stock in what, he thinks coyote > david robinson.

:lol

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:15 AM
if we are going to lose big games due to stupid coaching decisions...wouldn't it at least be nice to have a little variety in how we do it?

Question, when did a game against a 9-11 team become a "big game"

Just curious.

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Nobody was gassed at the end of tonights game.

Not one player.

They just couldn't stop fucking up.

So you think it was just a coincidence that the guys who logged the most hellacious minutes in last nights game were largely the ones that did all the fucking up tonight? I wouldn't expect to see the signs of fatigue to show themselves in a lack of hustle...Pop will kill them if they do that....but mental errors can be just as much of a sign.

Bottom line, we had a deep bench we didn't use, we played a bunch of guys having shitty shooting nights and kept guys on the bench who weren't. It was a factor in our shitty offense tonight...it was a factor in the guys quitting with a minute to go...and it was a factor in the boneheaded decisions.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 01:20 AM
So you think it was just a coincidence that the guys who logged the most hellacious minutes in last nights game were largely the ones that did all the fucking up tonight?Yep.
Bottom line, we had a deep bench we didn't use, we played a bunch of guys having shitty shooting nights and kept guys on the bench who weren't.Like Barry right? And Horry -- who you admitted was doing nothing in the frontline with Duncan out there.

This is beyond stupid.

Sign Heal.

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Question, when did a game against a 9-11 team become a "big game"

Just curious.

When it comes against a division rival the very next night after a big loss. Not too hard to figure out.

Repeat after me real slowly...

losing

streaks

are

bad.

They're not good...they just aren't TPark..you want to avoid them and if you have them, it's preeeeeettttttty easy to conclude that your team has some problems.

Next game will be a big one as well.

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:22 AM
He said they werent doing anything with Duncan out there??

Anyone not finding lunacy in this.

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Yep.Like Barry right? And Horry -- who you admitted was doing nothing in the frontline with Duncan out there.

This is beyond stupid.

Sign Heal.

No, you comparing Brent Barry to Shane Heal is beyond stupid, Charlie.

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE]When it comes against a division rival the very next night after a big loss. Not too hard to figure out.

Repeat after me real slowly...

losing

streaks

are

bad.

They're not good...they just aren't TPark..you want to avoid them and if you have them, it's preeeeeettttttty easy to conclude that your team has some problems.

Next game will be a big one as well.[QUOTE]

Is he mocking me??? I THINK HE IS.

No bother.

No, a middle of December game against an under 500 team that is 7 games out of fist isn't my idea of a big game.

Vs Sonics?? Big game.

VS Detroit? Big Game

VS Houston? uh nah.

Sorry, you can be all freaked out over a game in December like its nobody's business, but its time to let it go.

It was a freak show of a game, and it ended bad.

Whoopdie doo. The sun will rise in the east tommarow morning.

SuperManu!!!
12-10-2004, 01:35 AM

Man, you are really messed up!!! Brown, rose and duncan an icon of perfection???? Just take duncan's Fg% in this game....
Brown is a good bench player but just that. And rose can't catch a pass! And this is the point of the iceberg!!!

90% of the spurs are real winners, they just need to be sharpened a little

whottt
12-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Next game will be a big one as well.

Is he mocking me??? I THINK HE IS.

No bother.

No, a middle of December game against an under 500 team that is 7 games out of fist isn't my idea of a big game.

Vs Sonics?? Big game.

VS Detroit? Big Game

VS Houston? uh nah.

Sorry, you can be all freaked out over a game in December like its nobody's business, but its time to let it go.

It was a freak show of a game, and it ended bad.

Whoopdie doo. The sun will rise in the east tommarow morning.

Yeah I am sure we are not going to lose every game for the rest of the season...but that doesn't change the facts that Pop's yankem style of recent weeks isn't getting over with the players and it is costing us games that really don't need to be lost, his decision making has sucked.

Fine cut Barry and Horry if they aren't good enough to play then. Which is a really a fucking joke anyway..but don't sit there and fucking play a short bench in every big game because you would rather be a dickhead than have a roster of players you are willing to play.

He put the team together...he's obviously too much of a dumbass to sign players he is willing to play.

It's obvious he's not going to use Horry, Rasho or Barry..he'd rather lose...so get some players he likes. It beats having a 6 man team.

Get some players good enough to measure up to the high standards of the fans of the San Antonio Spurs. :puke

T Park
12-10-2004, 01:43 AM
Whottt.

Go to bed.

Settle down.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 01:46 AM
but that doesn't change the facts that Pop's yankem style of recent weeks isn't getting over with the playersYeah, Rasho didn't respond at all. Look, if Barry is a weak as you say he is, he shouldn't be here.
but don't sit there and fucking play a short bench in every big game because you would rather be a dickhead than have a roster of players you are willing to playThey have to be able too genius.

Play the guys who suck more!

whottt
12-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah, Rasho didn't respond at all.

FGM-A 1-5

Look, if Barry is a weak as you say he is, he shouldn't be here.

How the fuck do we know if he's weak? He gets yanked in the warmups.

The simple fact is Barry has hit shots under pressure this season...every time he has been given the opportunity...inspite of cool first halves..he hit big shots against Boston when they were making a big run, he did it against Chicago when they were doing the same, and he did hit those ice cold FT's against Detroit.

They have to be able too genius.

Play the guys who suck more!

Either way Pop's a dumbass...he signed em.

You won't usually win an NBA title with a 6 man rotation...not when it's all built around 1 man and 1 man only.

timvp
12-10-2004, 02:03 AM
and he did hit those ice cold FT's against Detroit.

Those free throws were nothing. He's a designated shooter, he better hit those shots.

Hell, bring me out of the stands and I'd go 2-for-2.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 02:05 AM
I too think Barry might be getting yanked a little early. But we don't know exactly what goes on. Maybe he's getting outworked in practice and doesn't deserve minutes. Maybe he's a little banged up and we don't know about it. Who knows?

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 02:08 AM
FGM-A 1-5Yeah, Barry would've been awesome on Yao. There is truly nothing he can't do.
How the fuck do we know if he's weak?You said he needs to be played no matter what, just like Hedo. Weak.
he did hit those ice cold FT's against Detroit. Shane Barry was out there on the last play, just like you wanted, so get bent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Wow, he got to throw the inbounds pass to Devin. That's the only run he got the second half, come on Chump.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 02:20 AM
What's your point?

He's supposed to take away Devin's minutes?

Bruce's?

Manu's?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Bowen's if he ain't gonna D up on people, and as of late Pop hasn't exactly been trotting Beno out there.

We've got the depth to go more than 7 deep, and we should be using it, especially when we're in back to backs.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Bowen's if he ain't gonna D up on peopleHe wasn't?
as of late Pop hasn't exactly been trotting Beno out there.I would've been fine with that tonight, but you can't tell me Barry did anything to make Pop want to cut Bowen's minutes tonight.

Show me some quotes from the players saying they were tired and that was the reason for the loss.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 02:40 AM
You will never hear a player, especially on the Spurs, say they were tired. That's weak. You'll never hear it out of them.

timvp
12-10-2004, 02:44 AM
You will never hear a player, especially on the Spurs, say they were tired. That's weak. You'll never hear it out of them.

"We were tired, definitely," Ginobili said. (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=2F944ED0-72D1-4060-96C3-D0044E9CE806)

:smokin

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 02:55 AM
:spin

toosmallshoes
12-10-2004, 04:25 AM
pop is choking. i can't stand the way he gives up on players. whott is right. the spurs have a deep bench, but pop gave up on them. what's he trying to prove? last year when rasho was playing like this Rose still rode the pine. at the beginning of the season when barry and manu were sharing minutes nobody was complaining. you cut somebody to 6 minutes per game they're gonna suck. Beno has a few bad minutes and he's in the doghouse even though tony is having a terrible second half. this is nuts. This is a great team and pop's treating it like a team he doesn't trust to win. that's crap.

fonzy16
12-10-2004, 06:06 AM
"I'm a fortunate guy," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "I've got a group of guys who are of the age that it's important to them every night. They really do believe it's their job. And I don't have to convince them or fire them up or do anything like that."

Pop after the Bulls game

boutons
12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
"And I don't have to convince them or fire them up or do anything like that"

I saw no instensity in the warmups before the Sixers games. The Spurs laughing, joking, hanging out, super cool, even without the fucking iPods. Somebody reported the same about the Spurs before the Sonics game. "Fired-up" ime experience means intensity, focus, seriousness, emotionally ready.

The Spurs played an incredibly shitty, unfired-up first half vs SEA in a statement, payback, playoff-like game on their own court, and then followed that with truly shitty game against a HOU that was missing both its PGs, Jim Jackson and who knows what else, and playing crappy sub-.500 ball. ("division rival"? GMAFB). Sure the Spurs had a single, nice, late "cheater" of a run to pull out the HOU game, but what about the rest of the game? The Spurs deserved to lose. Screw McGrady's miraculous shots. HOU shouldn't have been within miracle distance in the first place. And the Spurs dit it in a way to have another infamous episode, bonehead (mentally lax: Tony, Manu, Devin, Tim(again) ) plays in the last minute that blew a lead, to go along with the 0.4 and the collapse against the Lakers a few months ago.

These last two "efforts" lead me to believe that Spurs believed the press hype, power rankings about 16-3. The only thing to believe is "On any given day...", and then go out and play to win.

The difference between being where SEA is right now (playing championship ball, holding leads against two comebacks by top WC teams in a B2B ON THE ROAD), and where the Spurs are (fucking around believing the hype) doesn't seem like much, but it's enormous.

The Cavs are not pushovers. We split with them last season when the didn't make the playoffs, and they're better/healthy this season. Spurs' 16-6 will be very easy to achieve (Will the Spurs smile, be cool, hang out, and say "hey, read the papers, we're off to a best-ever start!"), and go on to 5-5 for the rest of Dec.

If this year is another SPAM, it's a bad joke. The paychecks and ticket prices don't PAM.

There's nothing that pisses a fan off more than a player or team not trying, even in defeat. Make an effort, and we're there with them through thick and thin, 0-82. Goof off, and it's "piss off, you clowns". I'm really pissed. Glibly saying "shit happens, move on" is about as inappropriate, ass-covering, and dishonest as Rummy saying "you go war with (underfunded) army you have".

Im Here Huckleberry
12-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Looks like Seattle is the real deal and the Spurs are the overrated ones starting to fall back to earth.... I'm actually starting to question their heart!

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-10-2004, 09:37 AM
It seems POP is doing BARRY what he did to MALIK last year,come in first quarter don"t play good yank him out for the rest of the game.

whottt
12-10-2004, 09:45 AM
It seems POP is doing BARRY what he did to MALIK last year,come in first quarter don"t play good yank him out for the rest of the game.

Bingo, at last someone gets it.....I bitched about it when he did it to Malik also...and it cost us eventually...

The only difference now, he's doing it even worse than last season...he's doing it to more guys that we are going to need...

Yet guys that were kind of critical about it last year with Malik are riding shotgun on it this year, and it is an even worse crime...

TimVP is in an opium induced blindness over it just because his boy Malik is getting some minutes again..Ditto Marcus Bryant who is off getting gang banged by his multiple nicks to celebrate Malik's reemergence.

I guess they'll be happy having a lot of guys to blame when we fail to win a title, but it'll really be because Pop is a dumbass who doesn't know how to utilize talent when he has it.

BigVee
12-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I have played for coaches like Popovich and unless you are the star it becomes increasingly difficult to play the game. You know you only going to be in the game until you screw up, which everyone does. Brent Barry will never help this team at 10 minutes a game. Guys tighten up at the end of the game because they are afraid to take a "bad" shot and hear the wrath. Devin may be the chosen one now, but I you can bet as soon as he takes and misses a bad shot or lets his man go around him, he will be back on the bench. An enthusiastic second unit could have taken out the Rockets last night.

conversekid
12-10-2004, 10:31 AM
yup.. pop made tmac hit some miracle shots.. and i could SWEAR i saw pop trip devin at the end of the game making him fall down and lose the ball...

fonzy16
12-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I have played for coaches like Popovich and unless you are the star it becomes increasingly difficult to play the game. You know you only going to be in the game until you screw up, which everyone does. Brent Barry will never help this team at 10 minutes a game. Guys tighten up at the end of the game because they are afraid to take a "bad" shot and hear the wrath. Devin may be the chosen one now, but I you can bet as soon as he takes and misses a bad shot or lets his man go around him, he will be back on the bench. An enthusiastic second unit could have taken out the Rockets last night.

couldn't agree more Bigvee. A lose in game like that is mayorly Pop fault.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, maybe Shane Barry could've gone 0-10.

Your double-standards sicken me.

Don't bench him if he's your boy, he needs some Hedo-hugging.

Fuck that -- this is basketball. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to NOT SUCK. If you want to play, DON'T SUCK.

violentkitten
12-10-2004, 04:18 PM
fuck yeah

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Damn, I stand corrected LJ. :lol, although I was referring to us never hearing any of the guys say they were tired after a loss.

nil.ball
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM

1.Brent Barry? As over-rated a shooter as a career 40% 3point, near 50% FG PCT, can be.

Total garbage, entire career has been a fluke, should never be allowed to see on court action in the NBA again. Not good enough to play for the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

2.Robert Horry - 5 ring fluke, all those clutch plays were luck. Aint got nothing, never had nothing. Should never be allowed on an NBA court again, not good enough for a team like the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

3.Manu Ginobili - total career fluke, being the centerpiece of a team that knocked off a team of NBA All Stars and two championship coaches...winning Euroleauge MVP, Gold medal...Euro title...

Marginal talent. Should be, at the most, a role player for the San Antonio Spurs.

4.Rasho - No talent piece of crap, not good enough to play for the Spurs...should be benched and not allowed on the court for the Spurs. Not good enought to play for the Spurs. No offensive game whatsoever.

5.Tony Parker - entire fluke, little crappy PG hasn't got a shred of talent or NBA game...probably shouldn't be allowed in the NBA...Little egomaniac either tries to score or tries to pass...what a loser. Not good enough to play for the mighty San Antonio Spurs.

What the hell were we thinking when we called this team the most talented in history?

I hope Mason and Tivoli has more talent.

T Park
07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Who is Tivoli?

Buddy Holly
07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
You resurrect a 4 year old thread to post that shit?

Seriously, what other name do you post under?

mavs>spurs2
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
You resurrect a 4 year old thread to post that shit?

Seriously, what other name do you post under?

Who the fuck are you and why do you think you're all badass all the sudden?

nil.ball
07-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Who is Tivoli?

The new guy, Anthony Tivolli.

Spurtacus
07-24-2008, 12:43 AM
I forgot what a crappy and untalented team we had.

td4mvp21
07-24-2008, 12:47 AM

WHAT THE FUCK ?! Whottt said something negative about Brent Barry?!?!

ECZ
07-24-2008, 12:53 AM

spurs fans are amazing

:toast

nil.ball
07-24-2008, 02:35 AM
I forgot what a crappy and untalented team we had.

The crappy team eventually won the championship. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-24-2008, 02:37 AM
rocketfan is dumb

whottt
07-24-2008, 03:45 AM
The crappy team eventually won the championship. :lol

Yeap...and Pop finally gave Horry and Barry some fucking minutes against motherfucking Detroit didn't he...meanwhile...the guys that were getting minutes didn't...

whottt>pop

Thanks for the reminder :tu

Incidentally...our team isn't going to win a title this year if it has Finley and Thomas on it...even in minor roles. And I'm not being sarcastic either.

whottt
07-24-2008, 03:48 AM
This thread makes me melancholy because it reminds me of how my relationship with Chump has deteriorated since the good old days...

Obstructed_View
07-24-2008, 06:04 AM

GaryJohnston
07-24-2008, 06:36 AM
lmao @ this bump. I read the first post and was like "WTF?" until I read the date.

wisnub
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
we should all sleep ZZZzzzzz

stxspurs
07-24-2008, 03:03 PM
bring back Frank brickowski!

Whisky Dog
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
At least that team had some offense.

Buddy Holly
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM

1. Buddy Holly/Your Daddy

2. Because I'm Buddy Holly

I. Hustle
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
bring back Frank brickowski!

BRICK!!!!!
I remember watching him play... at the hemisphere

SpursFanFirst
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM

:wtf Sequ? Is that you??? :lol

mavs>spurs2
07-24-2008, 11:57 PM
1. Buddy Holly/Your Daddy

2. Because I'm Buddy Holly

who?