PDA

View Full Version : Name the NBA team you hate the most and why

Roxsfan
07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Dallas Mavericks/mark cuban

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.nba.cheerleaders1117/images/rockets016375919.jpg

SpursDynasty
07-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Any team that doesn't show proper respect to the elite teams. Phoenix, for example, coming out and saying the only reason the Spurs won was because of suspensions, as if the Spurs couldn't have beaten them otherwise, and as if Phoenix was actually supposed to win the series. Fake teams.

Sense
07-29-2007, 01:34 AM
PHX, fans... nuff said.

Beno Udrih
07-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Phx.

freedom&justice
07-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Dude, your sig is huge. Any chance you can reduce that?

Anyway, the team I hate most = cavs.

B and P Cats
07-29-2007, 02:28 AM
I'll agree with you about the Cavs. But I really hate the Heat too. Don't like Shaq, never have. Too arrogant for me. By the way, is his TV show still on? I haven't really looked for it, I just wondered.

dav4463
07-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Mavs because of Cuban. Suns because of crying. That was easy!

JMarkJohns
07-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Spurs, winning :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Dude, your sig is huge. Any chance you can reduce that?
It's not even a sig. She keeps posting that pic in all his/her posts.

kingsfan
07-29-2007, 08:29 AM
fakers-the rivalry is not dead
mavs-cubes,dirk Need I say more?

freedom&justice
07-29-2007, 10:19 AM

:madrun

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2007, 10:34 AM
It's getting me annoyed too.

SRJ
07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Whenever the Spurs Dynasty era is over, I'll probably go back to hating teams. Can't be bothered right now. Too much enjoyment.

I'm most annoyed by Phoenix and their lack of character, but it's a long way from hate.

alamo50
07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Fakers --> Kobe

:ihit

mardigan
07-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Suns by a mile

florige
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Whenever the Spurs Dynasty era is over, I'll probably go back to hating teams. Can't be bothered right now. Too much enjoyment.

I'm most annoyed by Phoenix and their lack of character, but it's a long way from hate.

I'm kinda in agreement with you on that one. But it is kinda funny though, I think back to game 1 in our series with Phx, and all I remember is everyone talking about how classy Nash was, how Nash was this and that, man after game two all that crap went right out the window. :lol

sribb43
07-29-2007, 12:38 PM
PHX - Nash and coach Mike D'Antoni, that guy whines too much

bdictjames
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Detroit - I dont know they're boring for me and Im a Spurs fan. Plus they get owned by inferior teams, they're just not the Detroit that won the championship.

zeleni
07-29-2007, 02:13 PM
New York, since understanding the team is so confusing
Atlanta, since they are so stupid of a franchise
Rockets, they feel bloated
Boston, really bad feeling couse they have green jerseys

J.T.
07-29-2007, 02:26 PM
PHX because D'Antoni and Amare are whiny hos.

Dallas because they don't want to be little brother anymore but can't get over the hump. And most of their fanbase is at least somewhat retarded.

Spurs for having fans such as SpursDynasty in their ranks. But they make up for it by winning rings.

justanotherspursfan
07-29-2007, 02:29 PM
There aren't any teams that I hate -- there haven't been since they broke up the Lakers. But some of the Suns fans annoy the crap out of me.

trueD
07-29-2007, 03:26 PM
trueD
Artest For President
Position: Volatile Forward
Team: Sacramento Kings
vBookie Cash: $510

Lakers.

ShackO
07-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Gee......... For a second there I thought you were naming the Kings................. lol

The way I feel about some of the things they have done it is certainly & love hate thing...

....http://jim.rees.org/fleet/comics/love-you2.jpg

But I agree w/ your final answer: lakers.......... No other team comes close

UV Ray
07-29-2007, 05:02 PM
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.”

Andre Gide

mavsfan1000
07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Heat by far. Can't stand Shaq, Wade, and Mourning.

DOMINATOR
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Dallas... can't stand the city or the people.

SAtown
07-29-2007, 06:27 PM

ditto :tu

BUMP
07-29-2007, 07:09 PM

thats cool.

as for me, i hate nobody. as we are all equal in God's eyes. he does the judging

Roxsfan
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I posted it 2 times, calm down.

Spursfury
07-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Right now Phoenix always talking shit that they have more talented players, and that there better then us. But they just can't seem to beat us. Even if they had Amare and Diaw we still would have beat them like we did. They had the same roster in 05 and we just keep adding championships to the great town of San Antonio. While there over wishing.

debKISS10
07-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Dallas

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Used to be Dallas, but now SUNS by far. Their fans are idiots and crybabies. Their coach is the biggest bitch in the league. Amare is a idiot!! DA SUNS FAN...........talk about someone I would punch in the face if I ever met him!!

wildchild
07-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Dallas/Cuban/Dirk/and all Mav's fans. They cried last playoffs like little girls in troubles.

Thunder Dan
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Pistons- Sheed is reason enough, but I can't stand Billups b/c he never closes his mouth and that caress of the face before a free throw; also the P.A. announcer has gotten old. Reason #3 is found below

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2004/02/01/1075689362_1580.jpg

Heat are second, mostly becuase I hate their P.A. guy more than anything in the NBA. He sounds like he should be doing the circus

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Used to be Dallas, but now SUNS by far. Their fans are idiots and crybabies. Their coach is the biggest bitch in the league. Amare is a idiot!! DA SUNS FAN...........talk about someone I would punch in the face if I ever met him!!

:lol

You would punch me in the face?!!!! :ihit

Ask yourself ATRAIN, would that make the Spurs less boring?

Of course not.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Nothing would change if he punched you, so then we can tell who would be in the Finals this year!

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-30-2007, 10:19 AM
After the classless displays of bitching the title goes to the Suns. Before this past playoffs I didn't really like them much, but that was mostly due to media nut riders overhyping them and I could realize that wasn't really the Suns fault. I thought that D'Antoni and Stoudemire were overrated, but there were other coaches and players that I disliked much more and Nash was an alright guy. Besides, most of the Phoenix fans that showed up here and stuck around after '05 were decent enough folks.

Now, to hell with all that. I lost what little respect I had for that team pretty quickly in the playoffs. D'Antoni is a massive whiner and not much else. Stoudemire is a whiner and a pretty bad liar to boot ("Uh, I was just....uh...checking into the game! Yeahhhhh, that's the ticket!"). Even Nash, who had been pretty classy before this season, got in the bitching act. Throw in a few Suns trolls for good measure and there you have.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
After the classless displays of bitching the title goes to the Suns. Before this past playoffs I didn't really like them much, but that was mostly due to media nut riders overhyping them and I could realize that wasn't really the Suns fault. I thought that D'Antoni and Stoudemire were overrated, but there were other coaches and players that I disliked much more and Nash was an alright guy. Besides, most of the Phoenix fans that showed up here and stuck around after '05 were decent enough folks.

Now, to hell with all that. I lost what little respect I had for that team pretty quickly in the playoffs. D'Antoni is a massive whiner and not much else. Stoudemire is a whiner and a pretty bad liar to boot ("Uh, I was just....uh...checking into the game! Yeahhhhh, that's the ticket!"). Even Nash, who had been pretty classy before this season, got in the bitching act. Throw in a few Suns trolls for good measure and there you have.

You can hardly blame the Suns for whining when they were going up against a crooked referee.

Mike D'Antoni famously crumbled up the boxscore after game 3 (in which Donaghy, by far, called the most fouls).

I think your hate has more to do with the national outcry over the suspensions, the public's love of the Suns and the fact that the Spurs became another ratings punchline in the finals again.

Its not the Suns fault nobody cares about the SPurs.

SpursDynasty
07-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Heat by far. Can't stand Shaq, Wade, and Mourning.

Just because they beat Dallas and didn't play scared like the rest of the league vs. Dallas?

SpursDynasty
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
You can hardly blame the Suns for whining when they were going up against a crooked referee.

Mike D'Antoni famously crumbled up the boxscore after game 3 (in which Donaghy, by far, called the most fouls).

I think your hate has more to do with the national outcry over the suspensions, the public's love of the Suns and the fact that the Spurs became another ratings punchline in the finals again.

Its not the Suns fault nobody cares about the SPurs.

Too bad ratings don't determine championships.

If that were the case, we'd have Phoenix and Dallas running around with championships. That would be a low point of the NBA, to have DIRK or AMARE as a champion? Thank goodness for REAL talent in SA carrying the trophy.

eisfeld
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Indiana, I don't know why. I've been hating them since I started watching basketball in the late 80's.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Too bad ratings don't determine championships.

If that were the case, we'd have Phoenix and Dallas running around with championships. That would be a low point of the NBA, to have DIRK or AMARE as a champion? Thank goodness for REAL talent in SA carrying the trophy.
Pwnt.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Just because they beat Dallas and didn't play scared like the rest of the league vs. Dallas?
Team I Hate Most: Spurs
Reason: This fucker^

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 11:14 AM

TheNextGen
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Suns: cuz they talk without ever winning.

CubanMustGo
07-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Truth hurts, eh? But hey, whatever, a lot of us are as tired of his act as you are.

As for me, it's Hooked-on-Phoneyix. Whining bitches all the way from the top as evidenced by Sarver, Duh-Antoni, Nash, Duh-mare all the way down to the very bottom of the shithole where you'll find Duh_Suns_Fan_. With apologies to JMarkJohns who deserves way better than to be associated with that.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM

You would punch me in the face?!!!! :ihit

Ask yourself ATRAIN, would that make the Spurs less boring?

Of course not.

and you wonder why I would punch you in the face. So ask yourself DA SUNS FAn, if I punched you in the face, would that make Amare any smarter? Would that make Dantoni any less of a bitch, would that make your Gimmick offense win a championship? NO it wouldn't!! You can say the spurs are boring till the day your Suns win a championship, but the fact is they are a 2nd tier team and will be in the Spurs shadow till they win one for themselves.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
and you wonder why I would punch you in the face. So ask yourself DA SUNS FAn, if I punched you in the face, would that make Amare any smarter? Would that make Dantoni any less of a bitch, would that make your Gimmick offense win a championship? NO it wouldn't!! You can say the spurs are boring till the day your Suns win a championship, but the fact is they are a 2nd tier team and will be in the Spurs shadow till they win one for themselves.

How can anyone be in the Spurs' shadow?

All the lights have to be on you to even create a shadow.

We know that never happens with the Spurs (see ratings).

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
But we know what does happen to the Spurs (see championships).

BeerIsGood!
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't see any legitimate reason why a Spurs fan should hate the Suns. The Spurs have bitch slapped the Suns around and crushed their dreams more than any team has done to another team in recent memory. The Suns fans should hate us and the Spurs for crushing their hopes year after year - and we should laugh our asses off at them every single day of the week because of it.

Findog
07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
How can anyone be in the Spurs' shadow?

All the lights have to be on you to even create a shadow.

We know that never happens with the Spurs (see ratings).

I have to say, you talk the weakest fuckin' smack I've ever read. Your smack is so weak and so full of crap that I feel compelled to jump in here in defense of San Antonio, something I'm not ordinarily inclined to do. The Spurs are boring? Maybe when they play the Pistons, or another halfcourt team that plays defense, unlike the Suns. You know if you had the choice, you'd take 4 titles and shitty ratings over being media darlings that will never come close to sniffing a title.

The Spurs have been involved in some exciting playoff basketball over the years -- the Memorial Day Miracle against Portland, .04 against the Lakers, the 06 semis against Dallas that Tim Duncan called the best series he'd ever played in. That's what happens when you're a perennial winner.

Keep whining about tv ratings, unjust suspensions, being boring and crooked refs -- Tim Donaghy and Stu Jackson didn't send you guys home, Tim Duncan did. And your constant trolling is just pathetic. If you're going to troll, at least be entertaining about it, like SpursDynasty. You just suck Period.

jacobdrj
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I despise the owner of the Clippers: He is stealing money by not even trying to make a competitive team 9 years out of 10.

Nothing against the team, personally.

I am a little angry at the fans rooting for them to. I know they are the ani-Lakers, but seriously, they also don't try to win. They don't reward you, the fan, in any way.

Findog
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I despise the owner of the Clippers: He is stealing money by not even trying to make a competitive team 9 years out of 10.

Nothing against the team, personally.

I am a little angry at the fans rooting for them to. I know they are the ani-Lakers, but seriously, they also don't try to win. They don't reward you, the fan, in any way.

The Clippers exist as a middle-class alternative to the Lakers. Even upperdeck seats at Staples are expensive, so just as it was when the Lakers played at the Forum and the Clippers were at the LA Sports Arena, the Clippers offer an affordable avenue for people to watch NBA basketball live.

People born and raised in LA root for the Lakers. However, since a large portion of people in southern California are not natives, the Clippers offer a chance to see their favorite team when they come through town. When Sterling finally sells the team, the Clippers should be a pretty desirable commodity. The LA market is big enough to support two teams, and the potential is there for the Clippers to follow the lead of the LA Angels and carve out a size of the region for themselves. They should probably move to Anaheim and attempt to consolidate the eastern half of the LA area.

Findog
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM

You're fucking kidding me, SpursDynasty is awesome. He's got to be a Mavs fan in disguise.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
phoenix suns...whiny fans, whiny coach, whiny players,

http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~rudolf/math108/whining.gif

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I have to say, you talk the weakest fuckin' smack I've ever read. Your smack is so weak and so full of crap that I feel compelled to jump in here in defense of San Antonio, something I'm not ordinarily inclined to do. The Spurs are boring? Maybe when they play the Pistons, or another halfcourt team that plays defense, unlike the Suns. You know if you had the choice, you'd take 4 titles and shitty ratings over being media darlings that will never come close to sniffing a title.

The Spurs have been involved in some exciting playoff basketball over the years -- the Memorial Day Miracle against Portland, .04 against the Lakers, the 06 semis against Dallas that Tim Duncan called the best series he'd ever played in. That's what happens when you're a perennial winner.

Keep whining about tv ratings, unjust suspensions, being boring and crooked refs -- Tim Donaghy and Stu Jackson didn't send you guys home, Tim Duncan did. And your constant trolling is just pathetic. If you're going to troll, at least be entertaining about it, like SpursDynasty. You just suck Period.

My "smack" is so weak yet you feel the need to defend the Spurs against it?

And you didn't refute my "shadow" argument.

For instance.

The Mavs are in Cuban's shadow.

The Spurs are in Eva's shadow.

If there was another team in San Antonio, I could see them being in the Spurs' in shadow. But nationally, the Spurs generate absolutely no interest and get little notice...so no team in the NBA could possibly be in their "shadow".

Lastly, I find my posts very entertaining....and thats who I post for.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

HAHAHAH NICE Findog.............oh wait cause im complimenting your ownage of da suns fan...he is going to come back with me being a cheerleader or your biggest fan. You talk about boring and ratings and blah blah, findog is right its all aobut the championships. Oh no he is busting out another EVA comment......he really got us there!! FUCKHEAD!!!

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't see any legitimate reason why a Spurs fan should hate the Suns. The Spurs have bitch slapped the Suns around and crushed their dreams more than any team has done to another team in recent memory. The Suns fans should hate us and the Spurs for crushing their hopes year after year - and we should laugh our asses off at them every single day of the week because of it.

You have a good point there.........I guess I just really hate Da Suns Fan for being the biggest ignorant dickless bitch on OUR forum.

Findog
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
My "smack" is so weak yet you feel the need to defend the Spurs against it?

No, it's just so dumb and full of bs that I can't let it pass without comment.

The Mavs are in Cuban's shadow.

What the fuck does that even mean?

The Spurs are in Eva's shadow.

What the fuck does that even mean? Oh right, the Spurs and Mavs are like watching a tax seminar, but watching Phoenix beat Charlotte by 25 points is the epitomy of excitement.

Lastly, I find my posts very entertaining....and thats who I post for

That makes one person.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
No, it's just so dumb and full of bs that I can't let it pass without comment.

What the fuck does that even mean?

What the fuck does that even mean? Oh right, the Spurs and Mavs are like watching a tax seminar, but watching Phoenix beat Charlotte by 25 points is the epitomy of excitement.

That makes one person.

You seriously dont understand what "The Mavs are in Cuban's shadow" means? Likewise with Eva and the Spurs?

Texas....its gotta be because of Texas.

Should I make a rodeo analogy? Hell, I don't even own a cowboy hat so I can see why youre having trouble understanding.

Maybe one of your fellow Texans can explain it to you.

iminlakerland
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I remember when the lakers were the organization every other fan hated. It is great to see that the Suns and even Dallas are getting more hatred than us. :)

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
You seriously dont understand what "The Mavs are in Cuban's shadow" means? Likewise with Eva and the Spurs?

Texas....its gotta be because of Texas.

Should I make a rodeo analogy? Hell, I don't even own a cowboy hat so I can see why youre having trouble understanding.

Maybe one of your fellow Texans can explain it to you.

Yeah, it's so over my head. The only thing I have trouble understanding is why a Suns fan would want to talk smack on a Spurs board. You won't find me on Golden State of Mind bitching and whining.

Thunder Dan
07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I would normally like the Spurs, but the whole Eva thing has gotten very annoying. Since when did America care so much about a basketball player 75% of the country doesn't know marrying a B list movie star? I can answer that, since ABC/ESPN started doing games and hyping it so they could hype Desperate Housewives during their games.

Nobody gave a shit when Chuck Finley married Tawny Kitaen, who is on par with Eva's level.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I remember when the lakers were the organization every other fan hated. It is great to see that the Suns and even Dallas are getting more hatred than us. :)

oh we haven't forgotten about you, but these days it seems like you guys have your own problems to deal with.

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I would normally like the Spurs, but the whole Eva thing has gotten very annoying. Since when did America care so much about a basketball player 75% of the country doesn't know marrying a B list movie star? I can answer that, since ABC/ESPN started doing games and hyping it so they could hype Desperate Housewives during their games.

Nobody gave a shit when Chuck Finley married Tawny Kitaen, who is on par with Eva's level.

Yeah, it's annoying, but who the hell is Tawny Kitaen, other than "Name a woman who beat up Chuck Finley?" Desperate Housewives for better or worse is a well-known tv show.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM

As much as I disagree with you hating a team because one of the players is banging a movie star and the wedding and blah blah, I would say you have a valid argument, which is more than what DA SUNS FAN has!!!

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
As much as I disagree with you hating a team because one of the players is banging a movie star and the wedding and blah blah, I would say you have a valid argument, which is more than what DA SUNS FAN has!!!

Here's the only thing da suns fan can bring to the table: "Spurs are boring! Suns are exciting!"

SRJ
07-30-2007, 02:13 PM
As a lifelong Spurs fan, I must say I have found the Eva Longoria angle incredibly tired. I'm glad they're married now and hopefully, she'll watch the games from home from now on.

SRJ
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Here's the only thing da suns fan can bring to the table: "Spurs are boring! Suns are exciting!"

You forgot, "Bad ratings = *!!"

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM

I don't hate the Spurs cuz Tony is Married to Eva Longoria...I disgust them because they're so lame they force networks to cut to a TV star in the audience in hopes of keeping the audience tuned in.

How far we have fallen from the days of Magic and Bird.

Its up to the Suns (and maybe some help from the Celtics if they get KG) to save basketball.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM

How could you forget "The Mavs are chokers!!!!"

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't hate the Spurs cuz Tony is Married to Eva Longoria...I disgust them because they're so lame they force networks to cut to a TV star in the audience in hopes of keeping the audience tuned in.

Its up to the Suns (and maybe some help from the Celtics if they get KG) to save basketball.

SUNS to save basketball LMAO!!! WOW you really are a retard aren't you............................FUCKHEAD!!!

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Basketball doesn't need any saving.

Thunder Dan
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

I don't really hate the Spurs, I just hate hearing about that and since it doesn't pertain to any other team, I have to lump it in with the Spurs

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
SUNS to save basketball LMAO!!! WOW you really are a retard aren't you............................FUCKHEAD!!!

The league has hit rock bottom. A God awful finals (lowest watched EVER) followed by a refereeing scandal.

A Suns vs. Celtics matchup is just what the doctor ordered.

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
How could you forget "The Mavs are chokers!!!!"

Last I checked, Dirk has done something Stevie hasn't: gotten his team past San Antonio and into the Finals. We're not selling off our draft picks and trading away our best interior defenders to avoid the lux tax. Mavs are title contenders, Suns are title pretenders.

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM

Too bad that prescription won't be filled. We have about as good a chance as seeing a Raptors-Warriors finals.

Thunder Dan
07-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it's annoying, but who the hell is Tawny Kitaen, other than "Name a woman who beat up Chuck Finley?" Desperate Housewives for better or worse is a well-known tv show.

she was in a bunch of music videos and was cast as "the hottest babe in the World" by alot of guys in the 80's. She is basically the 80's Pam Anderson. But you'll be saying "who the hell is that?" when someone mentions Eva 15 years from now

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Last I checked, Dirk has done something Stevie hasn't: gotten his team past San Antonio and into the Finals. We're not selling off our draft picks and trading away our best interior defenders to avoid the lux tax. Mavs are title contenders, Suns are title pretenders.

Please.....

The Mavs are just first round fodder...no different than the Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets etc.

justanotherspursfan
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I like the Suns because I have ADD and with the Suns, I don't have to watch any defense or other boring stuff like that. The Suns are almost as cool as the And 1 Mixtape Tour or Slamball. I think that the NBA should be just like Slamball except that every basket ought to count for between 1 and 10 points, scored by a panel of judges based on how awesome a highlight it is.
I translated your comments for you.

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Please.....

The Mavs are just first round fodder...no different than the Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets etc.

And the Suns are Tim Duncan's throw pillow.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I translated your comments for you.

Spurs fans love to cling to the "And 1!" argument.

If you don't like the Spurs, you must only like "And 1" basketball.

Yet "And 1" basketball doesn't draw any interest either. No one cares about "And 1" basketball just like no one cares about the Spurs! So much for THAT argument.

The Bulls were exciting and they didn't have to play like an "And 1" circus show.

Neither did the Lakers.

Neither do the Suns.

Spurs should take note.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
The league has hit rock bottom. A God awful finals (lowest watched EVER) followed by a refereeing scandal.

What this forum needs if for Da Suns Bitch to throw himself in traffic. YOU are an idiot and everything you say doesnt make sense, and just like you have heard over and over, why do you even post here. No one likes you, your logic is stupid, your "smack" talk consists of Mavs Choking and spurs are in the shadow of Eva. That shit is weaker than Dantoni's coaching skills. Smaller than Amare's brain. Is as bad as your head trainers stitching skills. The only ones that need saving is us from your stupid rants that are making every that reads them a little dumber each time.

dickface
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
The Bulls were exciting and they didn't have to play like an "And 1" circus show.

great defense with exciting offense. titles.

Neither did the Lakers.

80's - good defense for their era with exciting play. shaq/kobe lakers - good defense as well. titles

Neither do the Suns.

no defense. no titles.

who should take note?

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Please.....

Those first round fodders beat your precious suns in last years Western conf. finals. What is your excuse for that bitch?

Findog
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Those first round fodders beat your precious suns in last years Western conf. finals. What is your excuse for that bitch?

duh-mare was huwt. Yeah, we're completely overmatched when he's in.

justanotherspursfan
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Note that the Bulls didn't win any titles until defense became as important to them as offense.

Wilt Chamberlain is 5 times the player of anyone on the Suns, and the Celtics consistently owned his ass with defense, with Bill Russell winning more rings than fit on both hands. You think the Russell Celtics were boring too? Tough shit, because they're the best team the NBA has ever seen.

I'm glad the NBA has the Suns around, because they keep people occupied during the regular season until they go home for the year in May and watch the Finals on television.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
What this forum needs if for Da Suns Bitch to throw himself in traffic. YOU are an idiot and everything you say doesnt make sense, and just like you have heard over and over, why do you even post here. No one likes you, your logic is stupid, your "smack" talk consists of Mavs Choking and spurs are in the shadow of Eva. That shit is weaker than Dantoni's coaching skills. Smaller than Amare's brain. Is as bad as your head trainers stitching skills. The only ones that need saving is us from your stupid rants that are making every that reads them a little dumber each time.

To show how fair I am, I will acknowledge that I laughed at that one.

But the rest of this post lacked originality and, for the most part, was incoherent.

Try not to be so angry when you type.....youre writing too fast.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Note that the Bulls didn't win any titles until defense became as important to them as offense.

Wilt Chamberlain is 5 times the player of anyone on the Suns, and the Celtics consistently owned his ass with defense, with Bill Russell winning more rings than fit on both hands. You think the Russell Celtics were boring too? Tough shit, because they're the best team the NBA has ever seen.

I'm glad the NBA has the Suns around, because they keep people occupied during the regular season until they go home for the year in May and watch the Finals on television.

Eh...Im pretty sure the Suns were like the rest of the nation and DIDN'T watch the Finals on television.

justanotherspursfan
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Eh...Im pretty sure the Suns were like the rest of the nation and DIDN'T watch the Finals on television.
Yeah, it's all about popularity. The Suns are the Lindsey Lohan of the NBA.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM

To show how fair I am, I will acknowledge that I laughed at that one.

But the rest of this post lacked originality and, for the most part, was incoherent.

Try not to be so angry when you type.....youre writing too fast.

Well I really do hate you so yes I was typing fast....plus your mom was sucking me off and its hard to concentrate.......she sucks like a hoover!!

:l

You talk about originality........dude you have been spitting out the same shit for the last month about eva and the mavs choking.....you of all people cannot demand originality!!

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM

lol

SRJ
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

That won't happen again. It can't. Thinking that the Magic/Bird revolution was due solely to style of play is a failure to ignore much more significant factors:

1) The Big Three television networks were still dominant. NBC introduced America to Magic and Bird through the network's presentation of NCAA Final Four coverage. Believe you me, Indiana State and Michigan State weren't scoring 110+ points per game - it's just that a lot more people were watching NBC and learned about them

2) Seizing upon this recognition, the NBA turned to a new marketing strategy - Market The Player. It was a novel idea, and fans responded. It certainly didn't hurt that Bird and Magic ended up on the two greatest franchises in league history. And with great players surrounding the two young stars, Celtics vs. Lakers took on the importance of Bears vs. Packers or Yankees vs. Red Sox. The casual fan had many familiar elements to latch onto.

3) Just a few years later, Michael Jordan would join the league - and as we know, Jordan was the perfect player to put into this new marketing matrix. He was not only one of the best players in basketball, he was not only acutely aware of his public image, he was a spectacular player - any basketball novice could appreciate the way MJ soared above the rim. To put it simply, from 1979 to 1984, the greatest SF, SG, and perhaps the greatest PG in history joined the league. Not since the early sixties had such immense talent come into the league within just a few seasons.

4) The NBA kind of trapped itself with this marketing strategy; after all, it wasn't every single draft class which brought in an all-time great. While post-Jordan drafts brought in "lesser" players, media proliferation was taking off. The NBA kept the marketing blueprint in place but fans didn't connect to the younger stars. Fast-forward to today, with hundreds of entertainment choices at the disposal of casual fans, with the game evolving towards greater size, quickness, and defense, many casual fans left. And when all-time greats such as Tim Duncan (a more private man without an overly flashy game) came along and ended up in a small market, casual fans on the coasts didn't care. They had already seen Bird, Magic, and Jordan and no longer felt the buzz they had twenty years ago.

So when fans pine for the Good Old Days, they're not pining away for 118-111 scores - they're pining away for a time when the NBA was, for all intents and purposes, a brand new product. Those circumstances will never come back into play.

But yeah, go ahead and blame the style of play. Be a simpleton.

George Gervin's Afro
07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
teams that have owners that whine and complain like little b*tches..

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM
That won't happen again. It can't. Thinking that the Magic/Bird revolution was due solely to style of play is a failure to ignore much more significant factors:

1) The Big Three television networks were still dominant. NBC introduced America to Magic and Bird through the network's presentation of NCAA Final Four coverage. Believe you me, Indiana State and Michigan State weren't scoring 110+ points per game - it's just that a lot more people were watching NBC and learned about them

2) Seizing upon this recognition, the NBA turned to a new marketing strategy - Market The Player. It was a novel idea, and fans responded. It certainly didn't hurt that Bird and Magic ended up on the two greatest franchises in league history. And with great players surrounding the two young stars, Celtics vs. Lakers took on the importance of Bears vs. Packers or Yankees vs. Red Sox. The casual fan had many familiar elements to latch onto.

3) Just a few years later, Michael Jordan would join the league - and as we know, Jordan was the perfect player to put into this new marketing matrix. He was not only one of the best players in basketball, he was not only acutely aware of his public image, he was a spectacular player - any basketball novice could appreciate the way MJ soared above the rim. To put it simply, from 1979 to 1984, the greatest SF, SG, and perhaps the greatest PG in history joined the league. Not since the early sixties had such immense talent come into the league within just a few seasons.

4) The NBA kind of trapped itself with this marketing strategy; after all, it wasn't every single draft class which brought in an all-time great. While post-Jordan drafts brought in "lesser" players, media proliferation was taking off. The NBA kept the marketing blueprint in place but fans didn't connect to the younger stars. Fast-forward to today, with hundreds of entertainment choices at the disposal of casual fans, with the game evolving towards greater size, quickness, and defense, many casual fans left. And when all-time greats such as Tim Duncan (a more private man without an overly flashy game) came along and ended up in a small market, casual fans on the coasts didn't care. They had already seen Bird, Magic, and Jordan and no longer felt the buzz they had twenty years ago.

So when fans pine for the Good Old Days, they're not pining away for 118-111 scores - they're pining away for a time when the NBA was, for all intents and purposes, a brand new product. Those circumstances will never come back into play.

But yeah, go ahead and blame the style of play. Be a simpleton.

Sorry, thats a cop-out.

You can blame media outlets, marketing stradegies etc, but that doesn't hold up against the slightest bit of scrutiny.

The NFL is having its biggest numbers ever. Its not a "new" product.

The Suns/Lakers generated the highest rated first round match up since Jordan came out of retirement.

The NCAA tournament and championship game hasn't had any problems with drawing viewers or interest.

Every finals featuring the Spurs has seen a dramatic decline in viewership from just the previous year!

Youre going to tell me that final scores in the freaking SEVENTIES don't hurt the NBA?

btw junior - it was CBS who first showcased Magic/Bird. Not NBC.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM

Why would you bring this up?

Did you really forget Amare dropped a forty point game on the Mavs this season?

I guess that must seem small after Kobe dropped 62 on the Mavs in three quarters, huh?

Findog
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Why would you bring this up?

Did you really forget Amare dropped a forty point game on the Mavs this season?

I guess that must seem small after Kobe dropped 62 on the Mavs in three quarters, huh?

The Suns are 7-5 against the Mavs with Amare and Nash. I'll take my chances if we run into them in the playoffs. Kobe can play one-on-five all he wants, the Lakers have no chance at beating Dallas in a series.

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I looked it up....in four games against the Mavs this season, Amare averaged 26 points 10 rebounds and (YIKES) 70% shooting from the field!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?statsId=3607

Findog
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I looked it up....in four games against the Mavs this season, Amare averaged 26 points 10 rebounds and (YIKES) 70% shooting from the field!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?statsId=3607

and yet the Suns could only manage a 2-2 split. Color me awestruck!

SRJ
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
First of all, Football is the casual fans dream. There's much less nuance in a football game than a basketball or baseball game. The less the casual fans have to think about, the easier it is to keep them around.

Second, jackass, NBC was the network showing the Final Four in 1979. This was the event which introduced Magic and Bird to the entire country.

Third, I'm not inclined to be convinced by isolated events - one series here or there. Show me (with links) season after season ratings results. The big picture will tell the story.

Fourth, college basketball's "one-and-done" playoff format is much more casual fan friendly. You add on the fierce loyalty that college allegiances create, it's not surprising that college ratings are fine.

Fifth, I already pointed out that casual fans like scoring, but there are other factors keeping them away. Are you proposing that we artificially raise scoring? Would that help, or would people recognize that a cheap, gimmicky grab for fans was taking place?

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
First of all, Football is the casual fans dream. There's much less nuance in a football game than a basketball or baseball game. The less the casual fans have to think about, the easier it is to keep them around.

Second, jackass, NBC was the network showing the Final Four in 1979. This was the event which introduced Magic and Bird to the entire country.

Third, I'm not inclined to be convinced by isolated events - one series here or there. Show me (with links) season after season ratings results. The big picture will tell the story.

Fourth, college basketball's "one-and-done" playoff format is much more casual fan friendly. You add on the fierce loyalty that college allegiances create, it's not surprising that college ratings are fine.

Fifth, I already pointed out that casual fans like scoring, but there are other factors keeping them away. Are you proposing that we artificially raise scoring? Would that help, or would people recognize that a cheap, gimmicky grab for fans was taking place?

Ah I see...so football is a slower man's game and thats why it gets such a stronger following. Easier to watch right?
PATHETIC argument. Basketball, in my opinion, is the easiest sport to watch...when its played the right way.

You want a link, here ya go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

You can almost hear the ratings go up and up and then PLUNGE everytime the Spurs show up. The bottom 3 all featured the Spurs. Coincidence?

You go with the college has more loyal fans than the pros but the NFL isn't having less success than its collegiate counterpart. Why should the NBA?

Lastly, Im not proposing that we "artificially" increase scoring. Many teams have already publicly stated that they are trying to emulate the Suns who play like the good old days...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_burns/02/01/suns.style/index.html

A Suns/Celtics matchup could save the NBA. We should all pray this happens.

justanotherspursfan
07-30-2007, 03:29 PM
You can almost hear the ratings go up and up and then PLUNGE everytime the Spurs show up. The bottom 3 all featured the Spurs. Coincidence?
Clearly, they should take polls to decide who advances from each series, so that teams like the Suns that have high ratings but aren't good enough to get to the finals on their own merits will have a chance to improve the league's ratings.

After all, American Idol is really popular. It ought to work for basketball too, right?

ShoogarBear
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Translation: I wish the Lakers were back to winning so much that they were the most hated.

SRJ
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Ah I see...so football is a slower man's game and thats why it gets such a stronger following. Easier to watch right?
PATHETIC argument. Basketball, in my opinion, is the easiest sport to watch...when its played the right way.

:lol I like how you condemn my argument and follow it with a completely unsubstantiated argument.

Apparently, you think da_suns_fan's sense of aesthetic should be the national standard. Forgive me for not going along.

You go with the college has more loyal fans than the pros but the NFL isn't having less success than its collegiate counterpart. Why should the NBA?

"Gosh, why doesn't this cottage cheese fix my vase as well as Super Glue does?"

Small market team with a media-mute superstar equals low ratings. What a surprise. Next you'll tell me the Los Angeles Lakers tend to do well in the ratings...oh, wait. You already told me that.

It also doesn't help the situation that in years past, talking heads on ESPN have been screaming at viewers about how boring the Spurs are. It's gotten better recently, but the damage has been done.

Lastly, Im not proposing that we "artificially" increase scoring. Many teams have already publicly stated that they are trying to emulate the Suns who play like the good old days...

Good luck with that, other teams. It's worked oh-so-very-well in the past.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Lol, ratings, Eva, who gives a shit when you dominate the league. Hell when you know who is going to win the finals why even watch unless your a Spurs or Cavs fan? Oh and if no one cares about he Spurs why is this site so popular, even with suns fans like yourself? I know, its gotta be the jealousy of our success that has gotten to your head right?

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
:lol I like how you condemn my argument and follow it with a completely unsubstantiated argument.

Apparently, you think da_suns_fan's sense of aesthetic should be the national standard. Forgive me for not going along.

"Gosh, why doesn't this cottage cheese fix my vase as well as Super Glue does?"

Small market team with a media-mute superstar equals low ratings. What a surprise. Next you'll tell me the Los Angeles Lakers tend to do well in the ratings...oh, wait. You already told me that.

It also doesn't help the situation that in years past, talking heads on ESPN have been screaming at viewers about how boring the Spurs are. It's gotten better recently, but the damage has been done.

Good luck with that, other teams. It's worked oh-so-very-well in the past.

Excuses excuses.

Orlando is a MUCH smaller market than San Antonio yet the Magic were the NBA's biggest draw during the mid ninetees.

New York is, BY FAR, the largest market in the country yet Orlando and Houston drew a much bigger rating in 95 than when that same Houston team went up against the Knicks the year before.

Market sizes...give me a break.

And this garbage about how talking heads are to blame...they put this idea that the Spurs are boring years ago....thats ridiculous. Are you going with the "Spurs used to be boring but not anymore" argument?

85-76

75-72 :dramaquee

83-82

Those are the final scores from three of the four games from this years finals. The Spurs have NO ONE to blame but themselves. :nope

Try again.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Here is a stat for you, in 9 games the Spurs/nuns played this season, how many did you win? 3! Wow! OMG! LOL, your nuns are 3 of 9 this season against the more dominant Spurs. Look for more of the same next year.

mikejones99
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
no need to reduce that shit, Roxsfan. pussy in Michigan need to relax.

judaspriestess
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Excuses excuses.

Orlando is a MUCH smaller market than San Antonio yet the Magic were the NBA's biggest draw during the mid ninetees.

New York is, BY FAR, the largest market in the country yet Orlando and Houston drew a much bigger rating in 95 than when that same Houston team went up against the Knicks the year before.

And this garbage about how talking heads are to blame...they put this idea that the Spurs are boring years ago....thats ridiculous. Are you going with the "Spurs used to be boring but not anymore" argument?

85-76

83-82

Those are the final scores from three of the four games from this years finals. The Spurs have NO ONE to blame but themselves. :nope

Try again.
Orlando was a big draw because of snaquille o'neal being on that roster, a fact you conveniently forgot to post. He is by far one of the most popular players in NBA history and will draw ratings no matter where he goes.

yourcheatinheart
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Here is a stat for you, in 9 games the Spurs/nuns played this season, how many did you win? 3! Wow! OMG! LOL, your nuns are 3 of 9 this season against the more dominant Spurs. Look for more of the same next year.

can the league spot us a game like it did for the bitch ass spurs?? spurs are garbage. suns in 7

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Orlando was a big draw because of snaquille o'neal being on that roster, a fact you conveniently forgot to post. He is by far one of the most popular players in NBA history and will draw ratings no matter where he goes.

My point exactly.

Doesn't matter what market youre in if your an exciting player/team.

Shaq and Penny Hardaway were perfect examples of this.

It doesn't matter what market Duncan and the Spurs are in...they would still be considered boring.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
It doesn't matter what market Duncan and the Spurs are in...they would still be considered boring.

...and STILL 4 time champions, LOL!

justanotherspursfan
07-30-2007, 04:10 PM
My point exactly.

Shaq's popular and he's won titles. The Suns may be popular, but they're still losers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
can the league spot us a game like it did for the bitch ass spurs?? spurs are garbage. suns in 7
No. Spurs in 6. :toast

da_suns_fan__
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Shaq's popular and he's won titles. The Suns may be popular, but they're still losers.

Thus far...but can they do it?

Can they SAVE basketball?

Suns vs. Celtics.

The NBA will be back, baby.

It will be FAN-TASTIC again!

Go Suns!

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
"Can the suns save basketball" :lmao ......Quit trying to make "basketball needs saving" happen, because its not. A major American sport like basketball will never need saving. What it needs is ANOTHER Spurs title next year! Back to back baby!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Thus far...but can they do it?

No. The Spurs can though. :toast

Can they SAVE basketball?

Basketball doesn't need to be saved.

Suns vs. Celtics.

Spurs vs. Celtics :toast

The NBA will be back, baby.

It will be FAN-TASTIC again!

They were never gone in the first place.

Go Suns!

Go Spurs!

judaspriestess
07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
My point exactly.

and Orlando is not so popular after shaquille left, it has nothing to do with the team. shaquille o'neal is a phenomena all his own, a larger than life character.

I don't really care if the Spurs are considered boring. Thats a boring argument. Thats all the ammo you have, stop beating a dead horse.

You sound like a trained parrot.

DOMINATOR
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
suns fan's are lame if they think ratings even matter. at the end of the day suns dont have a damn ring all they have is ratings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/DOMINATOR5/suns_suck.jpg

Switchman
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Excuses excuses.

85-76

83-82

Try again.

Holy shit. Since when the fuck did 100 point games mean your team were some baller ass mofos. Are they giving out ratings trophies all of a sudden? I guess the Spurs are boring because they don't appeal to all the Americans who stay glued to their T.V.s to watch breaking news on Paris Hilton. Thank the gods us Spurs fans don't have to continuously boast about ratings, crooked refs, and any other Kleenex bullshit that the Suns are obsessed with.

Fuck the haters. They are missing great basketball. Last time I checked the Spurs beat the Suns again and again at their own run 'n' gun style of play. Trust me, nothing is boring about sending you guys fishing every year.

Spurs are 4 time champs, Suns still suck...

And I hate the nuggets the most. Karl is a whiney bitch, Melo is a bitter thug who runs from fights haha, and Iverson....we talkin' bout practice!?

Findog
07-30-2007, 09:42 PM
suns fan's are lame if they think ratings even matter. at the end of the day suns dont have a damn ring all they have is ratings.

What goes unsaid is that he'd trade those "ratings" and media hype for a title in a heartbeat. Any fan of a ringless team would. Popularity smack is the weakest trash talk around, why should a Spurs fan give a fuck if fans of other teams don't like them?

Findog
07-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Spurs fans love to cling to the "And 1!" argument.

If you don't like the Spurs, you must only like "And 1" basketball.

Yet "And 1" basketball doesn't draw any interest either. No one cares about "And 1" basketball just like no one cares about the Spurs! So much for THAT argument.

Here's something else nobody cares about: your obsession with Nielsen ratings. Hardcore fans only care about what happens on the hardwood. Maybe there's a Nielsens messageboard you can continue this line of argument, no?

Spurs should take note.

Defense and a bench wins championships. Suns should take note.

What are you griping about anyway? You root for the ESPY's "Team of the Year," Spurs fans root for a champion. Everybody's happy.

J.T.
07-30-2007, 10:03 PM

The one thing Spurs and Mavs fans can agree on. At least we can take time out of hating each other to hate on Jeff. Reminds me of all that was once good in this world and could be good again.

wildchild
07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Excuses excuses...

Orlando is a MUCH smaller market than San Antonio yet the Magic were the NBA's biggest draw during the mid ninetees...

Are you kidding? :dizzy

himat
07-31-2007, 07:34 AM
Cavs/Ridiculous amount of flopping that actually works.

BUMP
07-31-2007, 08:11 AM
for me its the Lakers

their fans just kind of sit back and have that cocky "we've won 14 titles" attitude which makes them feel they are a force to be seriously be reckoned with all the time

Strike
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Phoenix. I loathe the way people jock their nuts because of their inferior style of play. And because they have some of the whiniest bitch ass players I've ever seen.

Findog
07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm stealing this joke from Bill Simmons, but everytime I see D'Antoni stomping around on the sidelines reacting to a call, brow furrowed, with that 'stache, I wonder where have I seen this before?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/240/444140822_76d94d2d64_o.jpg

"Hey Ref! Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/444136570_a6a9177c10_o.jpg

Soul_Patch
07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
lol...another da_suns_fan ratings rant.

OH NOES THE RATINGS!!

i will put $100 american dollars on the suns missing the WCF in 08, i am very close to saying id put money on them going out in the first round, but ill give them a small bit of credit, hell they have the experience, seeing as they are yearly playoff losers. Anyway, that should be an easy bet for you to take Da_Suns_fan...you are putting them in the finals already (lol).

lets see if you can put your money where your mouth is. Im sure there is some way to middle man this bet.

Your shit is weak dude....you are constantly here bitching about ratings, and how the spurs dont garner any respect or whatever in the league....yet...you are HERE on the SPURS messageboard more than most SPURS fans...

i would also make a sizable bet that you watched some, if not ALL of the finals last year...once again negating your weak ass argument that no one cares.

You care more than the majority of the spurs fanbase, so stop making yourself look like a fucking fool...you, along with your gimick of a basketball team will continue to ride the spurs ballsack for the foreseeable future. And just when you could possibly make a run at out doing us....oh shit...your whole team is gonna implode when nash go's...

back to the lottery with you...maybe then we can smack talk about whether the spurs or the suns will get in the top 5 picks in 2012...

fucking douchebag.

Soul_Patch
07-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh...and to answer the original post.

Im a fairly big suns hater now....only because of last years playoffs.

The organization acts as if they should be defaulted the championship...as if they should have some sort of winners respect....when in reality...they have NEVER won a god damn thing.

MajorMike
07-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Lakers - just always have; always will.
Mavs - Blackman, Thuguardo, Nellie, Dirk, Stack - just a bunch of classless thugs that Cuban wants to throw some cash and make look like the Spurs at to fix it.
Detroit - never liked 'em back with Zeke and still don't; thug central (but isn't Detroit anyway?). Almost changed my mind in the teal days with Hill. Having Sheed doesn't help. Dumas is overrated as a GM.

I don't dislike the Suns, I actually have always sort of liked them, even dating back to the Barkley days. It is simply the Suns' fans that bring the franchise down. As classy as Nash, D'Antoni and Marion can be at times, that is offset by Bell and Amare and even D'Antoni himself at times - a couple of kids with no class, and the fanbase. Without Amare, I would put the Suns as one of my fave teams.

Soul_Patch
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't dislike the Suns, I actually have always sort of liked them, even dating back to the Barkley days. It is simply the Suns' fans that bring the franchise down. As classy as Nash, D'Antoni and Marion can be at times, that is offset by Bell and Amare and even D'Antoni himself at times - a couple of kids with no class, and the fanbase. Without Amare, I would put the Suns as one of my fave teams.

These are my thoughts exactly before this past seasons playoffs. I dunno, maybe all the absurdity of the suns fanbase has jaded me...

da_suns_fan__
07-31-2007, 09:58 AM
These are my thoughts exactly before this past seasons playoffs. I dunno, maybe all the absurdity of the suns fanbase has jaded me...

For the good of the league, you should be hoping for a Suns vs. Celtics matchup too.

I don't think the NBA could survive another finals with scores in the seventies.

dallasmavsnfuego214
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Mavs - Blackman, Thuguardo, Nellie, Dirk, Stack - just a bunch of classless thugs
i question that.

why would you call such a classy guy a classless thug?

is it because he's black?

Soul_Patch
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
you can thank the NBA's beloved Lebrons for that.

Findog
07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
For the good of the league

Tim Duncan is only the best power forward of all-time. The League needs a heavyweight and a villian, the Spurs provide that. What made the Finals boring was San Antonio not having a worthy opponent.

you should be hoping for a Suns vs. Celtics matchup too.

Already done. Get over it:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/738893400_7563c32bff.jpg

Are you going to whine about that too?

I don't think the NBA could survive another finals with scores in the seventies

Yeah, the league is going to disband if God Forbid the ESPYs "People's Favorite" doesn't learn how to play defense, doesn't get a backup for Nash and once again falls short. The NFL is King, the NBA is a solid #2. The NBA is doing just fine.

Findog
07-31-2007, 10:18 AM
i question that.

why would you call such a classy guy a classless thug?

is it because he's black?

Ding Ding Ding!!!! The name says it all: Blackman. They don't care for darkies in Oklahoma.

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Thuguardo
apparently they're not too fond of Mexicans either.

Findog
07-31-2007, 10:29 AM
apparently they're not too fond of Mexicans either.

What a dipshit. Rolando was class, on and off the court, and Najera made something of himself coming from an impoverished background. He's a hustle guy that every team would like to have as a role player.

BUMP
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Rolando Blackman-classless thug?

well, im not sure how to respond to that one. calling a pretty classy guy with no off court trouble a classless thug, i mean everyone has their own opinion but, i dont know. thats a new one to me

Findog
07-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Rolando Blackman-classless thug?

well, im not sure how to respond to that one. calling a pretty classy guy with no off court trouble a classless thug, i mean everyone has their own opinion but, i dont know. thats a new one to me

He's a black guy. In Oklahoma, that automatically = Thug.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I hate phoenix for their stupid ass fans. Don't they know we laugh at them? They have the whiniest coach in the history of professional, college, highschool, or peewee sports. Who is so tough that he crumples up a piece of paper on camera to show how mad he is :lmao. They have the dumbest player in the league in Amare, the ugliest in Marion, the dirtiest in Bell, and the classless in Nash. Yes I've said it. Its quite pathetic in interviews the way Nash quietly tries to take a jab at the series. Face it suns fans , some teams are better than others and you are the exact opposite of the Spurs!!!!!! 4 BABY!

BUMP
07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
. Its quite pathetic in interviews the way Nash quietly tries to take a jab at the series.

lol that is kinda true.

Soul_Patch
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
he also said dirk was a thug....lol...

i dislike dallas, but mostly its a rivalry thing. i secretly root for them when they aren't playing the spurs, because they are from texas...but dirk...a thug??

my texas teams

1. Spurs
2. Rockets
3. Mavs

Findog
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I hate phoenix for their stupid ass fans. Don't they know we laugh at them? They have the whiniest coach in the history of professional, college, highschool, or peewee sports. Who is so tough that he crumples up a piece of paper on camera to show how mad he is :lmao. They have the dumbest player in the league in Amare, the ugliest in Marion, the dirtiest in Bell, and the classless in Nash. Yes I've said it. Its quite pathetic in interviews the way Nash quietly tries to take a jab at the series. Face it suns fans , some teams are better than others and you are the exact opposite of the Spurs!!!!!! 4 BABY!

BUT THE SUNS ARE POPULAR AND THE SPURS ARE BORING.

/dumb_suns_fan

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 10:51 AM

/dumb_suns_fan

Hey you can't spell boRING with out R-I-N-G, and you can't spell EXcITment without E-X-I-T!!!

atxrocker
07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
this is easy. mavs then spurs. only hard thing is deciding which i hate more at times. but for the sake of the thread, i'll go with the mavs. i seriously hope dirk loses an arm or leg in a freak accident.

atxrocker
07-31-2007, 11:17 AM
only player in the league i hate as much as dirk is hoebron, btw

Findog
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
this is easy. mavs then spurs. only hard thing is deciding which i hate more at times. but for the sake of the thread, i'll go with the mavs. i seriously hope dirk loses an arm or leg in a freak accident.

You stay classy, King Fan.

At least Dirk doesn't beat his lady or starve his pets.

atxrocker
07-31-2007, 11:35 AM
fuck yourself. and your burt reynolds avatar is as shitty as your teams chances of ever winning a championship.

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:35 AM
i seriously hope dirk loses an arm or leg in a freak accident.
hey just DIY and then turn yourself in so everybody gives you credit for it. since you're no stranger to the inside of a prison cell i'm sure you'd have no problem doing the time in order to fullfill such a great desire.

atxrocker
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
who in the fuck and why in the fuck would anyone ever consider having that piece of shit in their avatar anyways? leave it to a goddamn mavs fan.

atxrocker
07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
hey just DIY and then turn yourself in so everybody gives you credit for it. since you're no stranger to the inside of a prison cell i'm sure you'd have no problem doing the time in order to fullfill such a great desire.

hey mono..aka dickface did you forget to log into your troll name? and your jail burn is quite original if i say so myself. now go back to the only thing you're really good at.... sucking dicaprios dick you little fuck.

Findog
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
fuck yourself. and your burt reynolds avatar is as shitty as your teams chances of ever winning a championship.

Ooh, so much hostility! I'm not begrudging you your right to hate on opposing teams, but if you seriously wish injury on a guy, then you're sick in the head. I wouldn't wish that on Artest or Michael Vick.

Trashing avatars. Weak. But you're right, the Kings have a title and the Mavs don't. Please tell us all about your fond memories of Bob Davies and the 1951 Rochester Royals:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/508445747_b44b8a25cf_o.jpg

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM
hey mono..aka dickface did you forget to log into your troll name? and your jail burn is quite original if i say so myself. now go back to the only thing you're really good at.... sucking dicaprios dick you little fuck.
naw i save dickface these days to call cuckingfunt a man.

lol you mock how "original" my "jail burn" is and immediately talk dicaprio. lol fuck off with that weak shit, faggot. i'm sure your tampon is getting a little crusty so i'll give you a pass this time around.

Findog
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
who in the fuck and why in the fuck would anyone ever consider having that piece of shit in their avatar anyways? leave it to a goddamn mavs fan.

Who in the fuck and why in the fuck would anyone ever want to be a Kings fan? I can't believe you guys hired the soul glo guy as your coach:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/508461505_88261d3c23_o.jpg

Findog
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
your burt reynolds avatar is as shitty as your teams chances of ever winning a championship.

Horry for Three!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/585486150_88955e5ee8_o.jpg

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
the kings are about as relevant as C-Webb looking for a new home.

Findog
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
the kings are about as relevant as C-Webb looking for a new home.

That must explain the hostility. His team is fucked: not bad enough to have a good chance at winning the #1 pick, not good enough to make the playoffs and do some damage. Enjoy picking 11th for the next five years, King fan!

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Trashing avatars. Weak.
that's what you do when you don't know shit about basketball and have absolutely nothing else of substance to say.

Findog
07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
that's what you do when you don't know shit about basketball and have absolutely nothing else of substance to say.

Hmm...I'm guessing the retort will be something along the lines of the Mavs being soft chokers. It's an original burn, I haven't heard it before. Last time I checked, the Mavs have actually knocked off a defending champ and made a Finals. If they have "no chance in hell" of winning a title, then the Kings might as well be playing the D-League.

TheZackAttack!
07-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Hmm...I'm guessing the retort will be something along the lines of the Mavs being soft chokers. It's an original burn, I haven't heard it before. Last time I checked, the Mavs have actually knocked off a defending champ and made a Finals. If they have "no chance in hell" of winning a title, then the Kings might as well be playing the D-League.

He'll proabably bitch about how your avatar is in black and white next.

ShoogarBear
07-31-2007, 12:51 PM
No better entertainment than watching Mav Fan vs. King Fan vs. Sun Fan on a Spurs board.

Brutalis
07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Mavs - Always give everyone something to hate
Suns - Being cocky is one thing, being cocky with a cock in your mouth is another
Lakers - Own the honors of having the most superficial fake fan base in the world

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Mavs - Always give everyone something to hate
Suns - Being cocky is one thing, being cocky with a cock in your mouth is another
Lakers - Own the honors of having the most superficial fake fan base in the world

spurs - fans have thier heads so far up thier asses they can lube thier urethra with thier tongue.

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 06:54 AM
spurs - fans have thier heads so far up thier asses they can lube thier urethra with thier tongue.
i might have laughed at this if it wasn't riddled with spelling errors.

oh yeah, star wars dicaprio and this thing :toast so don't bother responding.

Findog
08-01-2007, 07:21 AM

I laughed bc it's coming from a guy who claims Phoenix would take San Antonio in a seven game series. Didn't the Spurs send the Suns fishing two months ago? And is Grant Hill an upgrade over James Jones and Kurt Thomas?

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I laughed bc it's coming from a guy who claims Phoenix would take San Antonio in a seven game series. Didn't the Spurs send the Suns fishing two months ago? And is Grant Hill an upgrade over James Jones and Kurt Thomas?
hey Sun Fan legitimately believed that James Jones was going to net them a lottery pick in a trade.....that's how idiotic they are. it's also hilarious because when Sun Fan claims another fanbase has their head up their ass, it's tough to hear them because you have to listen for a muffled voice emanating from the sphincter.

jacobdrj
08-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Horry for Three!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/585486150_88955e5ee8_o.jpg
Wade for 50?

Findog
08-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Wade for 50?

Bron for his team's last 25 points?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/524955475_020a539e05_o.jpg

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Wade for 50?
who did he drop 50 on?

Findog
08-01-2007, 08:32 AM
who did he drop 50 on?

He scored 42 points against us on 21 FTAs, but no 5-spot.

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
He scored 42 points against us on 21 FTAs, but no 5-spot.
yeah...you'd figure if someone wants to talk smack they'd get their facts right.

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah...you'd figure if someone wants to talk smack they'd get their facts right.

According to nba.com, Wade's never dropped 50 on anybody, his career high is 48 against Philly.

TheZackAttack!
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM

And we still have 4 championships too bitch.

BUMP
08-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Bron for his team's last 25 points?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/524955475_020a539e05_o.jpg

good one

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM

trying to clown on my spelling??? that's what you do when you don't know shit about basketball and have absolutely nothing else of substance to say. :toast

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 07:00 PM

mavs fans should be worried that they have a "mvp superstar" and team whos as soft as boiled noodles and continually chokes year in and year out.

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
hey Sun Fan legitimately believed that James Jones was going to net them a lottery pick in a trade.....that's how idiotic they are. it's also hilarious because when Sun Fan claims another fanbase has their head up their ass, it's tough to hear them because you have to listen for a muffled voice emanating from the sphincter.

this is the first i've ever heard of the suns trying to get a lottery pick for james jones?? mind naming the source you get that fabricated shit from?? :toast

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM

use your own advice :toast

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
And we still have 4 championships too bitch.

grow 'em pretty witty in texas huh??

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 10:35 PM
this is the first i've ever heard of the suns trying to get a lottery pick for james jones?? mind naming the source you get that fabricated shit from?? :toast
yeah, this post here -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811957&postcount=5

now go suck a cock.

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
trying to clown on my spelling??? that's what you do when you don't know shit about basketball and have absolutely nothing else of substance to say. :toast
except for the fact that your post had no basketball relevance whatsoever.

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 10:37 PM
same to you dumbshit.

that's it, back to the ignore list with you. what a stupid asshole.

Roxsfan
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
no need to reduce that shit, Roxsfan. pussy in Michigan need to relax.

oh, the pic........I see.....no problem.....but:

well, its not a sig, and this is only the 3rd time I have posted it.
I happen to think it is hawt. :smokin
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.nba.cheerleaders1117/images/rockets016375919.jpg

Roxsfan
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
That must explain the hostility. His team is fucked: not bad enough to have a good chance at winning the #1 pick, not good enough to make the playoffs and do some damage. Enjoy picking 11th for the next five years, King fan!

yeah and firing adelman for the drunk-driver dude and now soul-glow :elephant :rolleyes

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM

trying to clown on my spelling??? that's what you do when you don't know shit about basketball and have absolutely nothing else of substance to say.

Tell me what that post had to do with basketball please.
__________________________________________________ __

mavs fans should be worried that they have a "mvp superstar" and team whos as soft as boiled noodles and continually chokes year in and year out.

Or maybe you should've said something that actually had to do with that quote.

this is the first i've ever heard of the suns trying to get a lottery pick for james jones?? mind naming the source you get that fabricated shit from??:toast

yeah, this post here -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...957&postcount=5

now go suck a cock.

He got his facts right, now get your spelling right.

grow 'em pretty witty in texas huh??

4>0.

justanotherspursfan
08-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Didn't stop them from sending your no-defense team home, now did it?

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Didn't stop them from sending your no-defense team home, now did it?

But But But But duhmare was huwt!

Roxsfan
08-01-2007, 11:28 PM

so he didn't drop a Hawaii 50 on your ass, but that's not too far off........right?

http://www.onlyinhouston.org/attachments/wysiwyg/35/hawaii50_logo.jpg

http://www.blaxploitation.com/images/cover_gifs/cover_hawaii_50.gif

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM
so he didn't drop a Hawaii 50 on your ass, but that's not too far off........right?

Dwyane Wade's career high is 48 points against Philly in April of 05. He scored 42 against Dallas in Game 3 of the Finals on 21 FTAs. For the series, he averaged 35 ppg on 17 FTAs per game. His FG % against Dallas was actually lower than what he shot during the regular season.

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:30 PM
oh, the pic........I see.....no problem.....but:

well, its not a sig, and this is only the 3rd time I have posted it.
I happen to think it is hawt. :smokin

She should take off that top, and I can think of two reasons.

Roxsfan
08-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Dwyane Wade's career high is 48 points against Philly in April of 05. He scored 42 against Dallas in Game 3 of the Finals on 21 FTAs. For the series, he averaged 35 ppg on 17 FTAs per game. His FG % against Dallas was actually lower than what he shot during the regular season.

K, .....oh and wtf was that dude ranting about your ava?

fond memories of smokey and the bandit(s) and cannon ball run........ :smokin

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 11:33 PM
yeah, this post here -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811957&postcount=5

now go suck a cock.

that was it?? you are fucking sad trying to pass around spurstalk rumors as fact. plus it says james jones and the suns 2 first round picks for the number 8, not james jones for the number eight. put your fucking self on ignore, with your foot in your mouth. i like the cocksucker put down to by the way, really stepping your game up. no go choke on a cock like your boy dirk.

Roxsfan
08-01-2007, 11:34 PM
She should take off that top, and I can think of two reasons.

I have a pics of a hot blonde rox cheerleader's bare BIG tit/tits when she was dancing around and did not realize that her sexy busty love mounds popped free.........but I can't post b/c spurs talk doesn't have "manage attachments" and I don't want to host pics.

yourcheatinheart
08-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Tell me what that post had to do with basketball please.

Or maybe you should've said something that actually had to do with that quote.

He got his facts right, now get your spelling right.

4>0.

what the fuck is this??? if you have the time to disect every word i say, then disect this you sad, sad sack of shit. fuck the spurs.

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:42 PM
K, .....oh and wtf was that dude ranting about your ava?

fond memories of smokey and the bandit(s) and cannon ball run........ :smokin

All I know is Burt Reynolds owns Bruce Lee. :toast

Findog
08-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I have a pics of a hot blonde rox cheerleader's bare BIG tit/tits when she was dancing around and did not realize that her sexy busty love mounds popped free.........but I can't post b/c spurs talk doesn't have "manage attachments" and I don't want to host pics.

hmm, I have a flickr page. Perhaps we can work something out.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2007, 11:52 PM
what the fuck is this??? if you have the time to disect every word i say, then disect this you sad, sad sack of shit. fuck the spurs.
Or you can actually come up with a decent comeback. Spurs in 6. :toast star wars, dicaprio :toast

Udrihlooms
08-02-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't hate Dallas, they're good when playing against us, though I'd love for them to get GSW every 1st round until Timmy retires... :clap

I hate the Phoenix Sucks, err Suns, Amare, D'Antoni and their crying horde of fans. :spin

Reggie Miller
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Now you have proven conclusively that you are an absolute cretin.

ESPN/ABC does this stupid shit with EVERY SPORTING EVENT THEY COVER. Are you seriously suggesting that ABC's cross-promotion is limited to Spurs' games? If you're going to insult a team or its fans, it usually helps for your snaps to have some remote basis in reality. Just a suggestion.

I'm really looking forward to fall, when you go back to school.

Reggie Miller
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Most Hated Teams as Pacers' fan:

1) Knicks; 2) Lakers; and 3) Magic.

Most Hated Teams as Spurs' fan:

1) Lakers; 2) Rockets; and 3) Jazz.

The reasons should be obvious. Compared to the Lakers, Spurs' fans have no reason to hate the Suns, and my hate of the Mavericks has lessened over time.

On the other hand, the Suns' fans make Chicago Cubs' fans seem dignified, realistic, and rational. That's pretty low. I had some marginal respect for the Phoenix team before their transparent attempts to influence the officials with their whining and lying in the playoffs this year. That's gone. Clowns like da_suns_fan don't help either.

LakeShow
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
San Antonio Spurs hands down! They used to be the class of the league, now they're just the ASS of the league. Whining to the league office more than Cuban does.

David, look at the tape, Kobe hit Ginobili too hard. Stu, Joey said he wanted to fight me., Timmie: I hope we get a fair shake from the officials. Cry me a river. Pathetic. I hate them! :fro

CubanMustGo
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Get back to us the next decade the Lakers have relevance, OK? :lol

da_suns_fan__
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Get back to us the next decade the Lakers have relevance, OK? :lol

Looking at the schedule, the Lakers appear to be more relevant than the Spurs.

O-Factor
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
the dump I took this morning is more relavent than the lakers

Texas_Ranger
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
SUNS - I just don't like them.

Johnny RIngo
08-02-2007, 07:05 PM
The '83 Nuggets. Thanks to them we have shitty, no-defense teams like the S0ns.

cherylsteele
08-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I'd rather be bored winning than excited losing.

da_suns_fan__
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
The '83 Nuggets. Thanks to them we have shitty, no-defense teams like the S0ns.

Who just continue to get so much love.....

How many times a day do you think Stern prays for a Suns/Celtics matchup in June Johnny?

I would think four is the over/under.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Doesn't matter because it ain't gonna happen.

Johnny RIngo
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM

How many times a day do you think Stern prays for a Suns/Celtics matchup in June Johnny?

Dance, monkey, Dance! :monkey

Cloud786
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Stern prays for Suns in the finals, yet you say he screwed the Suns over by suspending your 2 players in the Spurs series?

NICE!

BUMP
08-02-2007, 09:48 PM
actually screw the Lakers.

the teams i really hate even more are the Kings and Warriors. all California teams except for (yawn) the Clippers

cherylsteele
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
God answers all prayers...sometime the answer is no.

Avitus1
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Used to be the Mavs but I prefer them to the whining cry babies that the Phoenix Suns proved themselves to be. Though as soon as Cuban opens his mouth this might flip back to the Mavs.

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Used to be the Mavs but I prefer them to the whining cry babies that the Phoenix Suns proved themselves to be. Though as soon as Cuban opens his mouth this might flip back to the Mavs.

You know a team is bad when they make you prefer the Mavs!

Turbo
08-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Dallas Mavericks=Mark Cuban:arrogance
The mutant(Dirk)