PDA

View Full Version : DAMN Iron Man will give TDK a run for it's Money!

The Red Hood
07-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Here is the leaked San Diego Comic Con Trailer from what I can see this is going to be pretty bad ass Robert Downey is fucking hilarious and the Iron Monger looks fucking SICK not to mention the Iron Man suite

and Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” was a nice touch but I am still siding with The Dark Knight

http://www.dailymotion.com/ingy489/video/x2n6nu_iron-man-exclusive-comic-con-clip_shortfilms

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2751/ironmanew2sp1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Trainwreck2100
07-29-2007, 03:02 AM
one has morgan freeman, and the other one has Samuel L.

spyder
07-29-2007, 03:44 AM
damn...it does look bad ass

The Red Hood
07-29-2007, 03:54 AM
This sorta slipped under the radar because Joker little scavenger hunt stole the show at the CC

dougp
07-29-2007, 11:21 AM
At first when I saw his suit - I was like, WTF that's way too big - I hope they don't keep it throughout the entire movie ... but then they show you the overall and it was like "Ok, now that's just bad ass."

But when he walks out with the flamethrowers, it looks like a bad B horror movie -ATTACK OF THE IRON MAIDEN! lol

METALMiKE
07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
:wow WOW

Mister Sinister
07-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Batman>Iron Man. End of Story.

peewee's lovechild
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Iron Man is going to kick all sorts of holy and unholy ass.

But, I still think TDK is going to be better.
Iron Man is an origin story, after all.

I can't wait to see either of them.

mardigan
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73950&highlight=iron

I agree, this movie is going to be the shit, I cant wait to see this. Terrence Howard as War Machine? Game over man, game over

peewee's lovechild
07-29-2007, 02:00 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73950&highlight=iron

I agree, this movie is going to be the shit, I cant wait to see this. Terrence Howard as War Machine? Game over man, game over

Fuck that, Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is gonna rape the silver screen!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Robert is a good actor but unfortunately for marvel Bale is still much better.

The Red Hood
07-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Well I think it is safe to say TDK and Iron Man will me compared next year

''All I knew about Iron Man was...that he doesn't get trippy around bats. We're definitely not doing the Batman Begins super-dark, barely-okay-to-bring-your-kids-to version. It's (Iron Man) more accessible, I believe than that (Begins). That's important.'' - Robert Downey Jr.

lets just hope this does not turn out like Fantastic Four, a few things to remember....

1.)Favreau has created a buzz with showing a full trailer, Nolan has done the same with showing 45 seconds of the Bat symbol and some voice-over work.

2.)"Iron Man" is trying to be the "Batman Begins" of Marvel by going for the "realism" approach

3.)Tony Stark is essentially a drunk Bruce Wayne.

peewee's lovechild
07-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Well I think it is safe to say TDK and Iron Man will me compared next year

''All I knew about Iron Man was...that he doesn't get trippy around bats. We're definitely not doing the Batman Begins super-dark, barely-okay-to-bring-your-kids-to version. It's (Iron Man) more accessible, I believe than that (Begins). That's important.'' - Robert Downey Jr.

That phrase right there gives me cause for concern.

The reason that BB worked was because of the dark, gritty nature of the story. It brought an element of reality to it.

If Iron Man goes for fun, family friendly fare . . . it's going to fail. And, it's going to fail big time. I'm hoping Downey was being sarcastic there.

leemajors
07-29-2007, 07:23 PM
That phrase right there gives me cause for concern.

The reason that BB worked was because of the dark, gritty nature of the story. It brought an element of reality to it.

If Iron Man goes for fun, family friendly fare . . . it's going to fail. And, it's going to fail big time. I'm hoping Downey was being sarcastic there.
so now they should try to turn tony starks into bruce wayne? tony starks/iron man was always a more outgoing, accessible character than batman. i think you're reading a bit too much into the comment.

peewee's lovechild
07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
so now they should try to turn tony starks into bruce wayne? tony starks/iron man was always a more outgoing, accessible character than batman. i think you're reading a bit too much into the comment.

That's not what I meant, far from it.

What I'm worried about is that they'll try to make it too-family friendly, which is where Marvel had gone wrong recently. And, he's no Bruce Wayne, but there is a dark past to Starks that always haunts him, he was heavily dependent alcoholic. But, that's what makes his character. If you try to clean that up, you don't have the redeeming qualities that Stark should have upon becomming "Iron Man".

I don't need to see another "Fantastic Four".

Avitus1
07-29-2007, 09:15 PM
This movie looks cool worried about it becoming another Fantastic Four, but it wont be nearly as good as TDK. Though I'm sure Marvel has learned its lesson from Hulk, and Electra. I'd throw F4 in there but people still watch those crap movies.

florige
07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Iron Man is going to kick all sorts of holy and unholy ass.

But, I still think TDK is going to be better.
Iron Man is an origin story, after all.

I can't wait to see either of them.

Hey PeeWee, is there anything in this world (nothing tragic) that would stop you from seeing the TDK the day it comes out? I think nothing short of WWIII would stop you from seeing that damn movie when it comes out. :lol

E20
07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Tony Stark is the complete antithesis of Bruce Wayne. I agree with PeeWee's concern where it might be too light hearted so families could go see it together. I have to say that Batman is still the better superhero. They're both human, but Bats does shit with a kevlar suit, Iron Man's suit is made of shit I dont' even know (adamantium maybe), proton beams/cannons. Also, Batman has the number 1 fictional villian of all time: The Joker.

E20
07-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I totally agree with Red Hood. The 50 second TDK trailer had me wet/shit my pants. I was foaming by the mouth and it was so simple. It's jus the Bat symbol with Alfred giving a sick line and then the Joker saying:

"Starting tonight, people will die.......I'm a man of my word.......INSERT JOKER LAUGH."

And I was like DAYYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMM

E20
07-30-2007, 12:25 AM
On a side note -- I'm donning that same facial hair as Downey(pictured in 1st post) and Johnny Depp, a fusion of theirs.

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
From what I saw of the movie it looks like Robert Downey Jr. has really nailed Stark.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey PeeWee, is there anything in this world (nothing tragic) that would stop you from seeing the TDK the day it comes out? I think nothing short of WWIII would stop you from seeing that damn movie when it comes out. :lol

If God himself tried to stop me from entering the theater, I would kick his ass to a bloody pulp!!

Nothing will stop me from watching that movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Tony Stark is the complete antithesis of Bruce Wayne. I agree with PeeWee's concern where it might be too light hearted so families could go see it together. I have to say that Batman is still the better superhero. They're both human, but Bats does shit with a kevlar suit, Iron Man's suit is made of shit I dont' even know (adamantium maybe), proton beams/cannons. Also, Batman has the number 1 fictional villian of all time: The Joker.

I agree with everything that you said except the very last thing.

The number 1 fictional villian of all time: DARTH VADER.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM
From what I saw of the movie it looks like Robert Downey Jr. has really nailed Stark.

That's what gives me so much hope.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
The number 1 fictional villian of all time: DARTH VADER.

Vader used to be #1 until "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" happened. He lost alot of has badassness because of that. Basically learning that Vader was some whiny ass emo douche teenager ruined it for me.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Vader used to be #1 until "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" happened. He lost alot of has badassness because of that. Basically learning that Vader was some whiny ass emo douche teenager ruined it for me.

This is heresy!!!!!

You dare to spout your blasphemy out in public????

Darth Vader will always be the most badass villian ever!!

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 08:44 AM
This is heresy!!!!!

You dare to spout your blasphemy out in public????

Darth Vader will always be the most badass villian ever!!
http://vadercoaster.ytmnd.com/

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
http://vadercoaster.ytmnd.com/

I refuse to listen to you blatant heresy.

Besides, what other villian can choke you without touching you?

The Red Hood
07-30-2007, 09:48 AM
If God himself tried to stop me from entering the theater, I would kick his ass to a bloody pulp!!

Nothing will stop me from watching that movie.

:lol I don't blame you for saying that, TDK is going to be every Batman fans dream movie, the movie that we all have wanted for years.......

I just hope that their aren't any crying babies in the theater when peewee sees TDK at least for their sake :lol

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
:lol I don't blame you for saying that, TDK is going to be every Batman fans dream movie, the movie that we all have wanted for years.......

I just hope that their aren't any crying babies in the theater when peewee sees TDK at least for their sake :lol

I will stab all crying babies and napalm the theater if they ruin this for me.

DarkReign
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
See what happens when you stray from ST for a day?

You miss a cool-ass thread with a kickass trailer, only to discover it the next day, and the site had to bring it down.

SHIT!

florige
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Aww man, that would be tragic for some poor unfortunate family let me tell you that much.

ATRAIN
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
one has morgan freeman, and the other one has Samuel L.

is that 5 from resident evil?

The Red Hood
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
See what happens when you stray from ST for a day?

You miss a cool-ass thread with a kickass trailer, only to discover it the next day, and the site had to bring it down.

SHIT!

Don't worry, here click any one of these links they all have it on there just try to hurry up and watch it just in case they delete them but I doubt it
I would try the very first link that seemed to load the quickest for me while the other links are a little slower :) :tu

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/iron+man+comic+con/video/x2ng08_iron-man-comiccon-preview_blog

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nisf_video-ironman-footage-from-comiccon_shortfilms

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/744175/video_ironman_footage_from_comiccon_www_theluis_co m/

http://www.livevideo.com/video/1B1B344A96A642D4BCBC108E8A09C451/-video-ironman-footage-from-c.aspx

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1127737097

E20
07-30-2007, 01:43 PM
The Joker was voted the best villian in 2006 by Wizard magazine and the Joker in Tim Burton's Batman is listed as the 45th in the Top 50 villains by the American Insitute, I guess he'd go higher, if he were actually portrayed the way he was meant to be.

Darth Vader <<<<<<<<< The Joker

Darth Vader is weak, he reported to a higher power and it would get bitch slapped by the Emperor dude and he turns good in the end again. He has weak points about his family and shit that he can't control, he turned evil to help his wife or whatever. The Joker has no weak points as the Martian Manhunter said he is the: Most demented and twisted/insane of all human souls. The Joker just doesn't care who he kills or what he does. He doesn't care what happens to himself or anybody else. I mean who else can say, except OBL, that the whole US declared war on one man -- Joker.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Darth Vader before George Lucas ruined his own legacy with the second trilogy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joker

Darth Vader as we all see him now and will always see him <<<<<<<< Joker.

DV was as ruthless as they come, without feeling, and a do whatever it takes master in the first three movies.

E20
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Darth Vader before George Lucas ruined his own legacy with the second trilogy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joker

DV was as ruthless as they come, without feeling, and a do whatever it takes master in the first three movies.
In Anaking Gaywalkers own mind though he was doing it to help his wife.........Joker doesn't give a fuck he does it for fun without thinking about it.

I mean if you have read the Batman/Spiderman crossover where Carnage and Joker team up and Carnage is like: Oh man your my idol Joker, you're the reason why I became a pyshcomaniac killer.......Joker then is like okay that's nice and trys to blow up Carnage in the same room as him without giving a damn who he is trying to mess with. He's like yeah FUCK you carnage I'm the Joker.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
That is why i said to starwars fans who think the second trilogy was abomination, poorly done, and shouldn't have existed, darth vader was ruined....but the whole concept of linking movies 30 years apart is stupid.
Darth Vader from the first series owns the Joker in every conceivable way, do you really think some crazy unstable maniac would become second in command of a galactic empire? It takes intelligence and foresight to temper your evil nature, allowing you to become more than just a freakishly adept killer.

I never read that series;sounds really interesting as I like Carnage alot. But if Carnage really said that, it doesn't sound very Carnage-like, at all. Something uncharacter-like always happens in crossovers like that, even back in day.

E20
07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
That is why i said to starwars fans who think the second trilogy was abomination, poorly done, and shouldn't have existed, darth vader was ruined....but the whole concept of linking movies 30 years apart is stupid.
Darth Vader from the first series owns the Joker in every conceivable way, do you really think some crazy unstable maniac would become second in command of a galactic empire? It takes intelligence and foresight to temper your evil nature, allowing you to become more than just a freakishly adept killer.

I never read that series;sounds really interesting as I like Carnage alot. But if Carnage really said that, it doesn't sound very Carnage-like, at all. Something uncharacter-like always happens in crossovers like that, even back in day.
If you want a Joker with power read the Superman comic, I forgot which Ish, but Joker steals Mr.Myxzptls powers and rules the universe. The only person who is unaffected is Superman, because he is Super.

I guess you could say Darth Vader is an organized evil dude.
The Joker is a chaotic/insane evil dude who doesn't really fucking care what happens to him or anybody else.........can Darth Vader say that?

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Joker has always been my favorite villain.

Vader used to be cool but now Vader is a punk. I used to think he was cool until not only the "NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" but then Hayden Christenson played Anakin and the poor kid can barley act "I dont like..... sand." That was retarded!

Joker is the best villain because he does everything for one reason, to get a laugh. Of course he also does shit to mess with Batman but thats a whole different reason. For the most part everything he does is random though you usually find that each of his crimes has a theme or is part of a grander joke. He also has a tendency to leave his victims smiling.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
If you want a Joker with power read the Superman comic, I forgot which Ish, but Joker steals Mr.Myxzptls powers and rules the universe. The only person who is unaffected is Superman, because he is Super.

The Joker is a chaotic/insane evil dude who doesn't really fucking care what happens to him or anybody else.........can Darth Vader say that?

No. I guess it all comes down to what you prefer in an evil villain. I actually do appreciate the crazy maniacal type, I like Joker alot, like I said Carnage too.

Darth Vader is just something of a different beast to me.

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 02:09 PM

http://www.comicscreatorsguild.co.uk/nowreadthis/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/sej.jpg

http://www.da-planet.com/images/news/tournaments/Prankrateon/emperorjoker.jpg

I've never read that comic but I've seen it at the local comic shop.

E20
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.comicscreatorsguild.co.uk/nowreadthis/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/sej.jpg

http://www.da-planet.com/images/news/tournaments/Prankrateon/emperorjoker.jpg

I've never read that comic but I've seen it at the local comic shop.
They really fucked up now-a-days..........SHIT That art is horrendous it makes both Supes and Joker look FUCKING LIKE SHTISN TGOSIH make me mad :pctoss Joker looks like he's on the toilet constipated.

Samething with Marvel's Ultimate Series (i.e Ultimate Spiderman or Ultimate X-Men)

The drawings are getting a little TOO bright/Spongebob type. Superman looked his best in the Death of Superman arc.

Man, Superman looks like Dean Cain or whatever his name is in the TV show: Lois and Clark............

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I fully agree with you the art looks retarded which has a lot to do with me not picking up that comic.

The Ultimate universe from Marvel is mostly disappointing to me. They turned Dr. Doom into a goat man. Still he was better as goat man then he was in the F4 movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Dude, I'd rather take my chances fighting the Joker than facing Vader.

I don't care what you say about him being all emo, he was still the most ruthless mother fucker in the universe.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Vader killed little children in cold blood.

He looked into their eyes and killled the living shit out of them.

How hardcore is that???

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
He did it because he was told too not because it was his plan or anything. He was being someones bitch...

E20
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Well since Iron Man's coming out, when will we see Captain Marvel or Thor on the big screen?
http://nitro1.fw.hu/gallery/kepek/Rags%20Morales/thor_vs_captain_marvel.jpg

Not to confuse anybody, that picture is from a crossover Thor(from Marvel) vs Captain Marvel(from DC) - both with God powers. :lol

mardigan
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Joker aint shit, hes just crazy, no super powers to speak of really.
There are far worse villians to have to deal with than the Joker, Vader being one of them

E20
07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Joker aint shit, hes just crazy, no super powers to speak of really.
There are far worse villians to have to deal with than the Joker, Vader being one of them
We're talking about who has more evil/murderous intent.

mardigan
07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
We're talking about who has more evil/murderous intent.
Oh well thats the Joker no doubt, Vader showed time and again that he still showed faint signs of having a heart, Joker doesnt give a fuck

E20
07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.makeusmiletees.com/batmantshirt.html
I'm buying that shirt and wearing it to opening night.

LMAO An Ironman thread became a Batman thread. :lol

The Red Hood
07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.makeusmiletees.com/batmantshirt.html
I'm buying that shirt and wearing it to opening night.

LMAO An Ironman thread became a Batman thread. :lol

NICE :lol Batman even OWNS Iron Mans threads

E20
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
NICE :lol Batman even OWNS Iron Mans threads
So, Redhood if I'm thinking/guessing correctly did you choose your S/N, 'RedHood', because of DC comics?

The Red Hood
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
So, Redhood if I'm thinking/guessing correctly did you choose your S/N, 'RedHood', because of DC comics?

Caught me red handed nice catch

DarkReign
07-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Holy hell! Thanks for the links!

When the trailer showed the first of the suit, I was a little disappointed. But the coolest thing about that trailer was the suit progression, just like the comic book.

Looks kick-ass, but I dont remember Tony Stark being such a pompous ass. But Downey brings a nice change in that respect.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Well since Iron Man's coming out, when will we see Captain Marvel or Thor on the big screen?
http://nitro1.fw.hu/gallery/kepek/Rags%20Morales/thor_vs_captain_marvel.jpg

Not to confuse anybody, that picture is from a crossover Thor(from Marvel) vs Captain Marvel(from DC) - both with God powers. :lol

Thor's already been on the big screen. See: Adventures in Babysitting.

E20
07-30-2007, 05:56 PM
If anybody wants to read an excellent crossover read JLA vs Avengers. It's the only crossover that is cannoically recognized by both the Marvel and DC universe, so this series actually happend and both the Universes, after this crossover, acknowledge each other. The bad part is the main baddy, Krona, in this actually KILLS GALACTUS with one beam from his hand.........which is total bullshit and kind of made it absurd even for a comic book, but still I think Galactus>>>>>Krona, I guess they were rushing it.....when they did that to Galactus.

Here's a sight, Superman carrying Thor's hammer* and Captain America's shield:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0309/16/jlaavengers4.jpg

Nobody can do this except for Thor, Superman was only able to do it ONCE, because the Hammer allowed him. There are other scenes where Superman can't even lift it off the ground. :lol

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Galactus getting owned like that is retarded, I'm shocked the Marvel Universe didn't fold in on itself.

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I know this should be in its own topic but I figured that this forum has already got the attention of comic book geeks. Anyways... did anyone see the Watchmen Teaser poster?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/5923/_1185732509.jpg

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh well thats the Joker no doubt, Vader showed time and again that he still showed faint signs of having a heart, Joker doesnt give a fuck

He sure didn't have a problem torturing Princess Lea in Episode IV or torturing Han Solo in Episode V.

How about chopping his own son's hand off??

Vader was a cold hearted son of a bitch, so what if he was in love when he was young.

The Joker probably got all evil because his dad used to fuck him up the ass and his only girlfriend dumped him for his best friend.

John Patrick
07-30-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.comicbookgirl.com/posts/boner.gif

This must be all over the Internet, but it always gives me a laugh.

On a better note..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Manwholaughs.jpg

To me, the reason Joker pwns Vader is simply because Vader had good in him and the fact that Joker has absolutely none...

Kermit
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM
He sure didn't have a problem torturing Princess Lea in Episode IV or torturing Han Solo in Episode V.

How about chopping his own son's hand off??

Vader was a cold hearted son of a bitch, so what if he was in love when he was young.

The Joker probably got all evil because his dad used to fuck him up the ass and his only girlfriend dumped him for his best friend.

What you all fail to realize is that Vader exterminated a race of people on a planet. 200,000 Fallen died as a result of weapons testing as told in "Shadows of the Empire." I'd say that's 199,000 more than the Joker has got around to killing.

J.T.
07-30-2007, 11:02 PM
What you all fail to realize is that Vader exterminated a race of people on a planet. 200,000 Fallen died as a result of weapons testing as told in "Shadows of the Empire." I'd say that's 199,000 more than the Joker has got around to killing.

Pics or it didn't happen.

E20
07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Once again Vader was working under Emperor Palptine, he was doing it because someone was telling him to, basically throughout Star Wars Anakin/Vader was bitch because he was taking orders up the ass from everybody: Obi, Wife, Yoda, Luke, Palptine everybody......in the end his good truimphed.........Joker has no good he is Evil Incarnate.

PeeWee, Joker became insane like this:
-Was a Nuclear/Chemical Engineer, gave that up to become a comedian, he sucked at it and him and his wife were low on cash, his wife was pregnant.
-Out of need for money joker decided to help a gang and don the Red Hood mask, but at the night of the burglary Joker found out his wife and baby had died and he wasn't there to do anything, so he wanted to back out of the operation, but he couldn't.
-The cops found out about the burgarly and Joker was caught bewteen a crossfire of the two crooks and the cops, then Batman comes and the two crooks get away, leaving the sane joker shitting his pants and running away, he can't see, so he falls into a pool of chemicals and finally makes it out to the gutters. When he sees his reflection in a pool of water he notices his skin is white, hair gree, and lips are red. He then goes crazy because of all the bad things that has happend in his life and goes berserk and into the current Joker. His smile is his own self mutalation.

Joker has killed tons of people for his own fun and amusement. He once killed 26 people in half a day, killed women, children, old people whoever for the fun of it............Vader has nothing on Joker. Except the silly invisibile choke slam hold and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Which would paraylze Joker with laughter.

J.T.
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
That's the most common Joker origin story, originally told in the Killing Joke comic, but it's also been said that Joke recreates his origin every time, because he's so crazy he can't remember it. You can't buy evil like that. Seriously, new trilogy destroys any street cred Vader had. If turning good at the last minute didn't already do that for him.

Joke > Vader

J.T.
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Vader is like that guy in school you look up to because he gets every girl because caught the winning touchdown in a game, then you come back to town a few years later and he's working at Taco Bell, living in a trailer park, married to Rosanne Barr, and is a fan of the Dallas Mavericks.

Seriously, for 2.95 movies Vader is a BAMF and then he turns all gay in the last 10 minutes of Jedi. Somewhere George Lucas is sitting on his fat ass reading this, saying "You Have Been Trolled!" to all of us.

O-Factor
07-31-2007, 01:20 AM
here is an updated link. The first one didn't work when I tried it. I was skeptical about the movie at first, but after seeing this. HOLY SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdxpAmge_4&NR=1

TxJudsonRocketTx
07-31-2007, 04:45 AM
Gambit needs a movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Once again Vader was working under Emperor Palptine, he was doing it because someone was telling him to, basically throughout Star Wars Anakin/Vader was bitch because he was taking orders up the ass from everybody: Obi, Wife, Yoda, Luke, Palptine everybody......in the end his good truimphed.........Joker has no good he is Evil Incarnate.

PeeWee, Joker became insane like this:
-Was a Nuclear/Chemical Engineer, gave that up to become a comedian, he sucked at it and him and his wife were low on cash, his wife was pregnant.
-Out of need for money joker decided to help a gang and don the Red Hood mask, but at the night of the burglary Joker found out his wife and baby had died and he wasn't there to do anything, so he wanted to back out of the operation, but he couldn't.
-The cops found out about the burgarly and Joker was caught bewteen a crossfire of the two crooks and the cops, then Batman comes and the two crooks get away, leaving the sane joker shitting his pants and running away, he can't see, so he falls into a pool of chemicals and finally makes it out to the gutters. When he sees his reflection in a pool of water he notices his skin is white, hair gree, and lips are red. He then goes crazy because of all the bad things that has happend in his life and goes berserk and into the current Joker. His smile is his own self mutalation.

Joker has killed tons of people for his own fun and amusement. He once killed 26 people in half a day, killed women, children, old people whoever for the fun of it............Vader has nothing on Joker. Except the silly invisibile choke slam hold and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Which would paraylze Joker with laughter.

I know the Joker origin.

But, Anakin WILLINGLY turned to the dark side. And, he chopped off Mace Windu's hand in the process of helping Palpatine. Palpatine would have been killed if it wasn't for Anakin/Vader.

Joker once killed 26 people in half a day???
Vader killed three times that much (most of them just children) in just a few minutes of Episode 3.

Plus, Vader killed Jedi. Fucking Jedi!!!!!! Who the fuck has Joker ever killed??? If he's such a badass, why hasn't he killed Batman or any other hero?

I don't give a shit how you try to frame it, Vader owns Joker's ass.

The Red Hood
07-31-2007, 09:39 AM
here is an updated link. The first one didn't work when I tried it. I was skeptical about the movie at first, but after seeing this. HOLY SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdxpAmge_4&NR=1

Don't worry, here click any one of these links they all have it on there just try to hurry up and watch it just in case they delete them but I doubt it
I would try the very first link that seemed to load the quickest for me while the other links are a little slower :) :tu

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/iron+man+comic+con/video/x2ng08_iron-man-comiccon-preview_blog

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nisf_video-ironman-footage-from-comiccon_shortfilms

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/744175/video_ironman_footage_from_comiccon_www_theluis_co m/

http://www.livevideo.com/video/1B1B344A96A642D4BCBC108E8A09C451/-video-ironman-footage-from-c.aspx

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1127737097

E20
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
I know the Joker origin.

But, Anakin WILLINGLY turned to the dark side. And, he chopped off Mace Windu's hand in the process of helping Palpatine. Palpatine would have been killed if it wasn't for Anakin/Vader.

Joker once killed 26 people in half a day???
Vader killed three times that much (most of them just children) in just a few minutes of Episode 3.

Plus, Vader killed Jedi. Fucking Jedi!!!!!! Who the fuck has Joker ever killed??? If he's such a badass, why hasn't he killed Batman or any other hero?

I don't give a shit how you try to frame it, Vader owns Joker's ass.
Okay, so I'm not gonna change your opnion, because we see as being evil in two different perspectives, but if you're gonna base being evil on how many people a person has killed then Vader gets owned by hefty NUMBER of other Marvel/DC villians.

peewee's lovechild
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Okay, so I'm not gonna change your opnion, because we see as being evil in two different perspectives, but if you're gonna base being evil on how people a person has kiled than Vader gets owned a NUMBER of other Marve/DC villians.

So, your arguement on the Joker is so weak that you have to bring in other villians???

Besides, name me one other villain in any comic book series that has killed an entire planet of people.

(Galactus doesn't count because he's an entity)

peewee's lovechild
07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Okay, so I'm not gonna change your opnion, because we see as being evil in two different perspectives, but if you're gonna base being evil on how many people a person has killed then Vader gets owned by hefty NUMBER of other Marvel/DC villians.

Besides, you guys were saying that Vader was all emo becuase of his girl. Well, the Joker was the exact same thing because he turned into crime because of his wife and kid dying.

So, once again, what's your point??

Darth Vader is the baddest mother fucker in the universe.

mardigan
07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
So, your arguement on the Joker is so weak that you have to bring in other villians???

Besides, name me one other villain in any comic book series that has killed an entire planet of people.

Thanos, the hardest villian of all time

E20
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM

My arguement isn't weak, it's on a different side. You're saying Vader is more evil beacuse he killed more people. I'm saying Joker is more inherently evil for different reasons. Besides Galactus whose body count is uknown and tolls in the trillions, there are:

Thanos
Krona
Phoenix
Abraxas
Darkseid
Doomsday
Mephisto
The Beyonder

There is more.........

E20
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Besides, you guys were saying that Vader was all emo becuase of his girl. Well, the Joker was the exact same thing because he turned into crime because of his wife and kid dying.

So, once again, what's your point??

Darth Vader is the baddest mother fucker in the universe.
That is one Orgin of the Joker story, the most common one. Joker has said many times that he always recreates his orgin, because he is too crazy to remember anything.

The Red Hood
07-31-2007, 06:57 PM
That is one Orgin of the Joker story, the most common one. Joker has said many times that he always recreates his orgin, because he is too crazy to remember anything.

He'd rather have it be multiple choice

John Patrick
07-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Joker or Vader, Joker or Vader...

mardigan
08-08-2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.theincrediblehulk.net/
Website for the new Hulk movie is up, not much to it yet, but still cool. Directed by the guy who did Transporter.
Got Ed Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth (as the Abomination, oh shit!) and William Hurt in it, cant wait for this one.

Also, the casting for Watchmen has been announced, this movie is going to be amazing
http://imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

florige
10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Man I love this fucking movie.

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL wtf is up with this bump man? I bought the Blu Ray of Iron man, the 2 disc special ed is bad ass. OH yeah Flo my friends and I got our podcast picked up by Itunes and we did an Ironman edition yesterday, wanna check it out?

IronMexican
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
The Iron Mexican > Iron Man.

florige
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL wtf is up with this bump man? I bought the Blu Ray of Iron man, the 2 disc special ed is bad ass. OH yeah Flo my friends and I got our podcast picked up by Itunes and we did an Ironman edition yesterday, wanna check it out?

Yeah I'll check it out. Man I can only imagine how badass this movie looks on Blu-Ray.

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah I'll check it out. Man I can only imagine how badass this movie looks on Blu-Ray.

Ill pm you the link. Yesterday's podcast should be posted sometime tonight, its still being edited. Its about a hour long, its not just about iron man. My friend manages the site and get's paid to do movie/tv reviews and now the podcast. Yeah dude that movie is amazing on 1080p.

Anti.Hero
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Is there anything in the special features that hints at other marvel movies/iron man 2?

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Is there anything in the special features that hints at other marvel movies/iron man 2?

Not really, the 2nd disc is pretty long as is basically the steps it took in making the movie. Following Favreu around and such, its pretty bad ass how they did that shit. I finally saw the Capt. Amer shield in the movie.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2008, 02:57 PM
i finally saw this movie tuesday. it was pretty good. The Dude looked very menacing.

florige
Not really, the 2nd disc is pretty long as is basically the steps it took in making the movie. Following Favreu around and such, its pretty bad ass how they did that shit. I finally saw the Capt. Amer shield in the movie.

Damn I totally missed that!

balli
Meh, I thought they both sucked.

florige
i finally saw this movie tuesday. it was pretty good. The Dude looked very menacing.

Who Obadiah's Iron Man?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Who Obadiah's Iron Man????

Trainwreck2100
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM

where was it?

florige
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
???

What dude were you talking about? Iron Man?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
What dude were you talking about? Iron Man?
The Dude.

florige
10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
The Dude.

Ohhh him. I didn't know who you were referring to at first. Yeah he was badass.:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Ohhh him. I didn't know who you were referring to at first. Yeah he was badass.:lolthere's only one Dude......and he abides.

timvp
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Has OP posted since that emo offed himself?

florige
10-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Has OP posted since that emo offed himself?

I thought he/she got banned.:lol

peewee's lovechild
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
TDK was better, but Iron Man was kick ass.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-03-2008, 04:50 PM
where was it?
http://www.firstshowing.net/img/ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg
Visible just under Tony's right arm.

florige
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/img/ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg
Visible just under Tony's right arm.

Damn good fucking eye dude!

florige
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
TDK was better, but Iron Man was kick ass.

Man that suit is quite possibly the coolest shit I have ever seen. Not to mention Tony Stark is the ultimate badass....

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Damn good fucking eye dude!

I wish I could take credit. I saw it three times in the theater and never noticed. I only found out after a conversation with my sister, who only found out after checking out some movie message boards. According to her (or more accurately the nerd ramblings she came across) it was put into the shot in post production. The initial trailer has that same shot in it with just an empty space on the table.

CuckingFunt
10-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I wish I could take credit. I saw it three times in the theater and never noticed. I only found out after a conversation with my sister, who only found out after checking out some movie message boards. According to her (or more accurately the nerd ramblings she came across) it was put into the shot in post production. The initial trailer has that same shot in it with just an empty space on the table.

Silly nerds. It could have also been removed in post production to keep the super sneaky stuff out of the adverts.

florige
10-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Silly nerds. It could have also been removed in post production to keep the super sneaky stuff out of the adverts.

:lol

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 11:47 PM
hey flo did you get to listen to the podcast?

lefty
10-04-2008, 01:02 AM
If I remember correctly, the black guy is supposed to take over as Iron Man, as Tony Starks becomes an alcoholic (based on the ol' comics)

Trainwreck2100
10-04-2008, 01:04 AM
If I remember correctly, the black guy is supposed to take over as Iron Man, as Tony Starks becomes an alcoholic (based on the ol' comics)

The black guy becomes war machine

florige
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Robert Downey should nail that fucking part of the role if thats the case.

florige
10-04-2008, 09:25 AM
hey flo did you get to listen to the podcast?

I'm about to check it out now. My computer was acting shitty last night before I had to go in.

Mister Sinister
10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I bought this on DVD while wearing a Cap belt buckle. Should I feel terrible for this?

Trainwreck2100
10-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I bought this on DVD while wearing a Cap belt buckle. Should I feel terrible for this?

Wasnt the civil war Cap a scrull

Mister Sinister
10-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Wasnt the civil war Cap a scrull
No. Skrulls revert to Skrull form when their bodies undergo decomposition. The funeral held in Arlington Nat'l Cemetery for Cap was for the benefit of the public, while Steve Rogers's body was buried at sea in the Arctic where he was discovered.

Trainwreck2100
10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
No. Skrulls revert to Skrull form when their bodies undergo decomposition. The funeral held in Arlington Nat'l Cemetery for Cap was for the benefit of the public, while Steve Rogers's body was buried at sea in the Arctic where he was discovered.

He'll be back

lefty
10-04-2008, 11:59 PM
The black guy becomes war machine

Maybe he does in the movie, but in the old comics, he takes over as I.M

Robert Downey should nail that fucking part of the role if thats the case.

Do you refer to his latest movie where he plays a black guy? :lol

Mister Sinister
10-05-2008, 09:32 AM
He'll be back
Rogers is dead, sad as it is. Bucky Barnes is wearing the flag these days.

Mister Sinister
10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe he does in the movie, but in the old comics, he takes over as I.M
He did both. He took over as Iron Man when Stark lost his company to Stane, wearing the Iron Man armor, then later donned the VTRBS (Variable Threat Response Battle Suit), a.k.a. the "War Machine" armor.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-05-2008, 01:27 PM

Dude......come on.