07-30-2007, 06:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2953302

A-Rod has no comment on Canseco's words about new book
ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 29, 2007, 10:43 AM ET
Comment
Email
Print
When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.

Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."

When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."

"Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.

In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.

Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.

Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.

Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

John Patrick
07-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Damn it...

guess this leaves Pujols as the only untainted one with a chance to reach it..

monosylab1k
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Damn it...

guess this leaves Pujols as the only untainted one with a chance to reach it..
I'm alot more suspicious of Pujols than I am of A-Rod.

I guarantee you he doesn't have shit on A-Rod....Canseco knows that attaching some "juicy" bullshit about him will sell more books. A-Rod doesn't have the steroid look and I seriously doubt he's used them.

greenroom
07-31-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm alot more suspicious of Pujols than I am of A-Rod.

I guarantee you he doesn't have shit on A-Rod....Canseco knows that attaching some "juicy" bullshit about him will sell more books. A-Rod doesn't have the steroid look and I seriously doubt he's used them.

Just curious on what the Steroid look is? He has bulked up and got bigger?