PDA

View Full Version : What about bringing in Dee Brown?

urunobili
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.deebrown11.com/blog/

he is definitively more than Beno...
:wakeup

CubanMustGo
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
More than Beno but probably wants more $$ too.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
he hasn't done much since winning that dunk contest.

BeerIsGood!
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
he hasn't done much since winning that dunk contest.
:lol Gonna have to bust out the Pumps.

timvp
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I was actually going to start a thread about him. Dee Brown would be a perfect fit as a Beno replacement. You could put him behind Vaughn to start with and then let him try to win the backup job eventually.

Right now his best asset is speed, but that's a good match with Parker. You have Parker backed up by Brown and the other team wouldn't have a chance to rest. Brown is also a high character guy who could fit right in.

:tu to Dee Brown.

urunobili
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
He could develop greatly in the Spurs system... how much do you think he is willing to sign for? 3M a year?

BeerIsGood!
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
What to do with Beno if they want to bring in Brown?

timvp
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
He could develop greatly in the Spurs system... how much do you think he is willing to sign for? 3M a year?He basically got let go from the Jazz because they decided to go with Ronnie Price. They rescinded a qualifying offer of under $1M. That said, I'm thinking a fully guaranteed minimum contract is probably enough.

urunobili
07-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Drill body is his fate on this team... or... just trade him somewhere for a promising Bowen's replacement

timvp
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
What to do with Beno if they want to bring in Brown?Before signing Brown you'd have to trade Beno somewhere.

If the Spurs are able to move Beno, Brown is my number one option as a third point guard at the moment.

urunobili
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
He basically got let go from the Jazz because they decided to go with Ronnie Price. They rescinded a qualifying offer of under $1M. That said, I'm thinking a fully guaranteed minimum contract is probably enough.

that is cheap enough to make a shot at getting him.. plus.. i have the feeling y'all would love to have him in town...

yavozerb
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
What about Zabian Dowdell, possibly at the league miniumum as our other pg..The guy can play d and everyone loved him prior to draft night..Played summer ball with sonics (who do not need another pg)..

mando6599
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
What about Zabian Dowdell, possibly at the league miniumum as our other pg..The guy can play d and everyone loved him prior to draft night..Played summer ball with sonics (who do not need another pg)..

I really like that idea, frankly. I wondered why no one drafted him on draft night. Maybe there's something we don't know about him that turns GM's sour. I don't know.

Avitus1
07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
I think getting him would be good he seems like he can get better throughout the years.

Sam
07-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Brown got let go because he wasn't the role model and family values man that they want. He was wanting Williams to go to strip clubs and party all the time. Since Deron is newly married and is basically the star of the team, the Jazz couldn't let Brown ruin it all. Not to mention Brown was supposedly the ringleader in the strip club fiasco earlier in the season. I can't see the Spurs going after him at all.

Bruno
07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know enough Dee Brown to know if he would be a good 3rd string PG but I think Spurs should try to get a big combo guard as 3rd PG if they trade Beno.
Parker has some troubles with big PGs and Vaughn is a midget : a big combo guard could be useful against big PG and against 2 PGs lineup.

I really like that idea, frankly. I wondered why no one drafted him on draft night. Maybe there's something we don't know about him that turns GM's sour. I don't know.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1824727&postcount=10

Dowdell has done nothing with Seattle SL team. I wonder if Seattle still want to keep him or if Spurs are interested in him after his poor SL.

bdictjames
07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know enough Dee Brown to know if he would be a good 3rd string PG but I think Spurs should try to get a big combo guard as 3rd PG if they trade Beno.
Parker has some troubles with big PGs and Vaughn is a midget : a big combo guard could be useful against big PG and against 2 PGs lineup.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1824727&postcount=10

Dowdell has done nothing with Seattle SL team. I wonder if Seattle still want to keep him or if Spurs are interested in him after his poor SL.
I dont think so, he's pretty small plus has no offensive skills in the paint.

timvp
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Brown got let go because he wasn't the role model and family values man that they want. He was wanting Williams to go to strip clubs and party all the time. Since Deron is newly married and is basically the star of the team, the Jazz couldn't let Brown ruin it all. Not to mention Brown was supposedly the ringleader in the strip club fiasco earlier in the season. I can't see the Spurs going after him at all.

Williams has been married for a while now. He was married coming into the league. And Brown was the most innocent of the four players involved in that strip club case. He was at the strip club but didn't go to the room with the stripper (as DWill, Millsap and Brewer did).

Brown is actually more of a nerd than he is a guy who lives at strip clubs. He was at the top of his high school class ... the same high school Michael Finley went to.

Sam
07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/does-larry-miller-want-dee-brown-out-of-utah/

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/is-dee-brown-out-of-a-job/

timvp
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/does-larry-miller-want-dee-brown-out-of-utah/

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/is-dee-brown-out-of-a-job/

Yeah, I saw those stories but they are using some bad sources. Here's the story on the strip club case from the police report:

http://www.localnewsdaily.com/news/story.php?story_id=116803050643073400

When everything was going down, Brown was playing video games in another room. I don't know how the story has been twisted to the point that it's Brown who was the person who masterminded the plot.

Sam
07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I saw those stories but they are using some bad sources. Here's the story on the strip club case from the police report:

http://www.localnewsdaily.com/news/story.php?story_id=116803050643073400

When everything was going down, Brown was playing video games in another room. I don't know how the story has been twisted to the point that it's Brown who was the person who masterminded the plot.

Me either, Tim. Just telling you what I've read. Now from what I've heard, he was also a problem at Illnois. I don't know. My point is...with all this around him. He's not going to be a Spur.

tmtcsc
07-30-2007, 07:44 PM
must have been some hell of a video game

:lol Maybe it was Galaga. Does anyone remember how you could get the enemy aliens from not shooting ? That was cool back in the day.

itzsoweezee
07-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Me either, Tim. Just telling you what I've read. Now from what I've heard, he was also a problem at Illnois. I don't know. My point is...with all this around him. He's not going to be a Spur.

lol, you're full of shit dude. i went to illinois when he was there. out of all the players on the team, he was a model citizen. seems like you hear a lot but don't know much.

MoSpur
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
What's up w/Brevin Knight?

Spurs Brazil
09-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Dee Brown's still looking around
Greetings from Las Vegas, where the U.S. basketball team took Friday off after playing on six consecutive days before that. They play Puerto Rico on Saturday at 5 p.m. MDT (ESPN Classic) for a spot in the Olympics.

I saw ESPN's Chris Sheridan set the over/under at 42 points. I think I'm going to take the under. No way the Americans lose but no way Puerto Rico shoots 7 of 33 from three-point range (as they did in Tuesday's 39-point loss) a second time.

Jazz guard Dee Brown, meanwhile, updated his blog on Friday. He acknowledged that the uncertainty over his contract situation has started getting to him, though he is also excited about the debut of a mixtape he worked on for two months in Salt Lake City.

Brown wrote that he has "never been this stressed out before" and that it was important to be in Chicago with family nearby beacuse he's "been a little down about my basketball situation."

But Brown is ready to go somewhere on a moment's notice. He said he has lost 12 pounds and is well below his playing weight last season of 195 pounds, which was the heaviest he'd played at before.

"My grandma was like Dee getting 'fat' but I was eating good, working out and not playing in many games," Brown wrote. "So I'm learning to eat healthy, train and rest the right way, and make sure I'm living how a professional should."

He has a qualifying offer still outstanding from the Jazz but it is not guaranteed. The Jazz signed Ronnie Price to be their No. 3 point guard, seemingly leaving Brown without a job, though he can cash a check just by signing the offer and reporting to camp.

"No deals from other teams have came up, Utah Jazz deal is still on the table," Brown wrote. "Like I said before, I have so much to say about this situation but I will beat my tongue on this one."

Brown added: "I'm ready to find out what's new for me, what's going to hapen and when it happens I will be ready to go out there and play - - that simple."

--Ross Siler

http://blogs.sltrib.com/jazz/2007/08...ing-around.htm

pad300
09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Does anyone here think we might have a shot at getting Charlie Bell in an S&T? He played with Milwaukee and did really well last season, but hasn't got a lot of interest as a restricted FA...
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/DimeMagazine/2007/09/02/In_it_to_Win_it

One of the real sleeper free agents still out there is Charlie Bell. A restricted FA with the Bucks, Charlie’s agent says he’s weighing offers from one NBA squad (whom he won’t name) and a couple European teams. If you didn’t know, Bell was The Man when he played in Spain and Italy, and actually took a pay cut to come to Milwaukee a couple years ago. We don’t know why more NBA teams aren’t after him — Bell is solid on D, can play both backcourt spots, and he can score a little bit (13.5 ppg). If he were on a team like the Cavs, he might be their fourth or fifth-best player …

It's Dime Magazine, but they are right, he was a decent PG last year. Does anyone think a S&T might be possible? A suggestion:

Udrih (1,747,096 $ this coming year) and a 1st round pick 2008 for
Charlie Bell (signed at 2283870 $ + 8% raises for 3 years)

Follow that up with a real SF (6'8"+, 220+) and I would be pretty happy with next years roster

C - Oberto, Elson,
PF - Duncan, Mahnimi, Horry, Bonner
SF - Bowen, Udoka?, SF signing
SG - Manu, Finley, Barry
PG - Parker, Bell, Vaughn