PDA

View Full Version : Greg Ellis

Flight3107
07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Is really starting to piss me off, Get your foot right, play football, and stop bitching about how the Cowboys owe you something.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
He owes me a 10+ sack season

mardigan
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
He would have had it last year if he didnt hurt himself.
He bitches every year about something it would seem, he always ends up being fine once the season starts.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
He would have had it last year ...

And thats why he owes me.

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
just cut him. the guy's been a bigger pain in the ass than TO. and we've got guys that can do his job anyways.

BUMP
07-30-2007, 05:26 PM
we've got guys that can do his job anyways.

did you follow the Boys at all last season?

what happened to our defense when Ellis went down with an injury? currently we only have one guy who might be able to play the spot and he's an unproven rookie. what happens if he doesnt pan out? keep Ellis, DANG IT

monosylab1k
07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
did you follow the Boys at all last season?
apparently you didn't.

you do know who ran our defense last year? old ass stodgy stubborn ancient Bill Parcells and his 1945 gameplan.

Spears, Canty, Burnett, Carpenter, everyone on that defense is going to be 10x better now that they've got a gameplan that was created after the Korean War.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Yesterday on KSAT news when Jerry Jones was the guest, he said he will NOT restructure Greg Ellis's contract. Not ifs, ands, or buts about it.

mardigan
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
He makes 2.5 million this year, at his age coming off an injury he wont get more if the Boys cut him, and he knows it. He has no leverage
He will be playing when the season starts.
And Mono's right about the lb depth, we dont need him
But is definitely nice to have him, you can never have enough pass rushers

BUMP
07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
apparently you didn't.

you do know who ran our defense last year? old ass stodgy stubborn ancient Bill Parcells and his 1945 gameplan.

so apparently you really didnt follow the Cowboys last year.

Mike Zimmer ran the defense not Parcells. i doubt you know who Zimmer even is.

:wakeup no point in arguing with you

scott
07-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Where is Zimmer now?

Flight3107
07-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Where is Zimmer now?

Atlanta

O-Factor
07-31-2007, 12:20 AM

In Zimmer's defense he had some great defenses prior to Bill Parcells arrival in Dallas. He had no history coaching the 3-4 defense and basically did what Bill told him to do. Being conservative on D hurt us last year, not Zimmer.

medstudent
07-31-2007, 12:22 AM
when I go to the Dome, I'm going to be wearing this for Ellis

http://www.amber-brkich.com/tar/3-8/suckitup.jpg

BeerIsGood!
07-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Ellis will be fine. Let him bitch and ignore it. He won't hold out because the Cowboy's would just let him rot on the side, and he knows he needs to play his ass off to convince people he isn't damaged goods to get another contract somewhere else when his deal is up. He signed the contract, and he'll play it through.

Flight3107
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Ellis says retirement is possibility

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

SAN ANTONIO -- Another day in the Greg Ellis chronicles featured the seemingly beleaguered linebacker talking about his next move if the Cowboys don't give in to his demands for a new contract.

Ellis said his frustration is all about loyalty.

He said he has given his all to the Cowboys and wants them to show him their commitment by adjusting his contract.

"Emotionally, it's hard to be married to a person if they are stepping out on you every night," Ellis said.

Ellis is hoping to meet with owner Jerry Jones in the next week to work something out.

He didn't rule out retirement, though Ellis understands the Cowboys could penalize him for an early departure by forcing him to pay back a portion of his signing bonus.

"I love to play, but it's hard to be in a situation where the commitment is not there," he said. "I'd be lying to say [retirement] hadn't crossed my mind. But I'm not stupid. Jerry [Jones] has the right to force me or make me or whatever you want to call it to keep me on this team.

"Again, it's just the emotions for me would be really low. If we can't get something done... I won't be the same football player."

Demanding Phillips

Much has been made of the Cowboys having an easier time in training camp with the laid-back Wade Phillips as head coach rather than the demanding Bill Parcells.

Phillips doesn't scream and curse at players, but his training camp is proving to be demanding. Parcells always gave his players a day off after the first week of training camp. That will not be the case this year. The Cowboys will practice every day until the end camp on Aug. 8.

Phillips will lighten things up with a few special teams-only practices. The first was held Monday afternoon when players worked out in shorts and jerseys.

"It's not an off day mentally," Phillips said. "I told them at the end of practice I expect just as much with no pads as I do with pads on as far as concentration."

Glenn relieved

Receiver Terry Glenn didn't practice Monday and is listed as day-to-day after straining his knee in Sunday's practice.

Glenn counts his situation as a blessing. He said he heard something pop and feared he was through for the season. But results from a magnetic resonance imaging exam came back negative.

"He is still a little sore," Wade Phillips said. "We'll bring him back slowly. It seems like everything is going to be fine with him."

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/186374.html

BeerIsGood!
07-31-2007, 01:07 PM
he'll play. He still wants to play football and wont just walk away. He's trying everything he can to get some more money, which is understandable, but if he walks away it's all gone in an instant. He won't do it.

mardigan
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Fucking release him then, he wont get shit anywhere else he plays
And if he retires he will hae to give back a lot of his signing bonus
Again, stupid fuck has no leverage

BacktoBasics
08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Just seems to me he wants a little more guaranteed money now that he knows the injury isn't something you come back 100% from. I wouldn't be surprised to see a step or two lost. Not to mention if he is going to be used as a LB the lateral movement will surely suffer.

degenerate_gambler
08-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Yesterday on KSAT news when Jerry Jones was the guest, he said he will NOT restructure Greg Ellis's contract. Not ifs, ands, or buts about it.

He'd be stupid to.

Ellis whines every year. And every year he eventually shuts up after realizing that noone is listening to him.

monosylab1k
08-01-2007, 03:17 PM

LOL you're an idiot. just because he was defensive coordinator doesn't mean he did shit. Sean Payton was offensive coordinator the year before but everyone knew that Bill was calling all the shots.

Bill ran the defense and was the reason the defense failed. Did you hear Dan Campbell's comments? He said that the Lions, the posterboys of ineptitude, knew EVERYTHING the Cowboys were going to do on defense because they NEVER MIXED THINGS UP and that is ON BILL.

yeah, there's no point in arguing with me because you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

BeerIsGood!
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Enough Is Enough Already

Mickey Spagnola - Email
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
July 31, 2007 7:11 PM

SAN ANTONIO - Greg, Greg, Greg, enough all ready.
Right, you guys, too? Tired of this? Tired of every day Greg Ellis being asked if he's unhappy, and Greg only too happy too reveal how much?

Tired head is setting in.

So let's cut right to the bottom line on all this nonsense, although I'm sure Ellis doesn't think this is nonsense, and as I've said before, there is nothing worse than a man mad at his money. Come on, we've all been there before. Just makes your blood pressure rise to combustible levels.

But here's the deal: There is nothing Ellis can logically do. Now I said logically, because he always can make some sort of rash decision, but it sure wouldn't be a good one or gain him any sort of leverage.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess someone will ask Ellis about his displeasure with his contract that will guarantee him $2.5 million in base salary this year if he is on the Cowboys' roster the first week of the regular season. And I'm betting he will once again moan, begin all this talk again about being unable to play to the best of his ability if he's not "emotionally" into what he's supposed to do.

Then on Wednesday, when Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is scheduled to meet with the media out here at training camp once Wade Phillips has completed his daily press conference (scheduled for 11:30 a.m. and can be heard on DallasCowboys.com), he, too, will be besieged with questions about the "Ellis situation," which I'm guessing to him is no situation at all.

First, Ellis is under contract, for this season and then two more.

Second, Ellis legitimately has bursitis in his left heel, which is keeping him out of practice, so there is no funny business going on. Ellis is not jacking around, concocting a fake injury in protest of his contract.

Third, when Ellis is on the field rehabbing, he's working hard, and when he's not rehabbing, he's giving advice to the younger guys while watching practice. His gray T-shirt was soaked on Tuesday from working so hard off to the side.

Fourth, the Cowboys need Ellis to play that outside linebacker spot on the strong side, no matter they drafted Anthony Spencer to eventually do so. They will not release Ellis out of frustration over his complaints. Not going to happen.

Fifth, the Cowboys will not redo his contract, one he signed as an extension in 2003, when he received a $4.2 million signing bonus - and sooner than he would have received that kind of money had the club waited until his deal had expired. Because if Jones did so, then he would have opened a can of worms he never would be able to control. There would be anarchy among the ranks, everyone lining up at his office door asking for more money. Hey, you did it for Ellis, why not me?

Sixth, Ellis won't, as he is making overtures of doing, retire. Come on. I don't like my money, but to express my displeasure, then I'm just not going to make any money at all.

But this is where this business can become ugly. If Ellis walks out of camp, under the guise of retiring, the Cowboys can start fining him for not being in camp while under contract. That's what the Giants are doing now with Michael Strahan, fining him to the tune of $14,288 a day. Teams also can threaten to suspend a player for the entire season without pay, yet retain his rights.

And worse, if Ellis did retire prematurely, like actually file papers with the league, the Cowboys could say, uh, you know that $4.2 million signing bonus we paid you in 2003, well, we want a prorated portion of that back since you walked out on a signed contract for no good reason. So not only would you not make money this season, you would have to pay for not making any money.

Does any of that make logical sense to any of you?

Jones doesn't want to go there, believe me. He likes Greg Ellis. He respects Greg Ellis. And he's not mad at Greg Ellis . . . as long as his 10th year veteran doesn't cross that line into no-man's land. Can't believe even Ellis' agent, James Williams, is advising his client to thus protest. He knows better, too.

But let's just not fool ourselves about what this is all about. Sure, Ellis sees writing on the future wall with the Cowboys drafting linebackers in the first rounds of the past three drafts. But you know what, I'm guessing Kavika Pittman wasn't overly enthused by Ellis's arrival just two years after he was the team's first pick. This is just sort of the laws of the jungle: The young always is poised to replace the old. Catches up with all of us, no matter if it's football or what.

Sure Ellis is concerned with his playing time, and probably most of all, the likelihood of moving inside to a defensive tackle position on the nickel so Spencer can come in to rush the quarterback from his outside spot. But man, don't know how many more times the Cowboys can tell Ellis his is a vital piece to their 2007 puzzle. They want him.

No, this is all about the money. He wants more, but he's not eligible to get any, and knows he has no shot of ever receiving one of those huge signing bonuses floating around the league these days in the expanded salary cap era. That's because he has three years left on his deal and he turns 32 on Aug. 14. By time his deal runs out, he'll be turning 35 before that 2010 season, and knows the chances of receiving even a $5 million signing bonus at that stage of his career is rather remote.

To him, it's now or never.

But here is the illogical factor in all this. If Ellis doesn't get this signing bonus here, out of the goodness of Jones' heart, then which of the other 31 teams, assuming he was released and a free agent, would pay a 32-year outside linebacker/defensive end entering his 10th season coming off a surgically-repaired Achilles - and let's emphasize, that's an Achilles - who had to remove himself from the first time he tried to practice in pads this summer a huge signing bonus?

This is not the BONFL - Benevolent Order of the National Football League. These guys are businessmen, and you are right, most will do whatever it takes to win. But they all didn't earn enough money to afford one of these $50 million-$1 billion operations because they are bad businessmen. They don't routinely just hand away money.

Now my guess is, this too shall pass, and frankly, I thought it would have passed already - should have passed already, except the media can't resist an easy story. Just ask Ellis the question - have you had that proverbial meeting with Jones or are you unhappy - then turn on your mini-recorder and the story just writes itself. Easy Street.

Everybody gets what they need - Ellis a forum, the media a story, but in the meantime, there is Jones, bracing his patience.

Probably saying to himself, too, Greg, Greg, Greg.

Much ado about nothing. He'll play and like it.

ggoose25
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Achilles tear has Cowboys LB Ellis worried about career
Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys linebacker Greg Ellis is no longer worried about losing his job to a rookie or about wanting a new contract. His new concern is whether he may be forced to retire because of an injury.

Ellis tore his left Achilles tendon last November and went through an aggressive rehabilitation to trim a few months off the usual 12-month recovery so he could be back for the start of training camp. Thinking he was ready, he went out for the first workout, but lasted only a few minutes.

The pain forced him to stop. Nearly three weeks later, a spot above his heel and below the surgically repaired tear is still hurting him badly.

"It's a pain you can't deal with," he said. "It never goes away -- even when I wake up in the morning, walking around, the whole deal."

An MRI shows no problems, so the team's medical staff isn't too alarmed by this first setback in what had been a flawless recovery. They remain confident Ellis will return. Ellis wishes he could share their optimism.

"It's just frustrating," he said. "What the heck is going on? Why won't it go away? I just keep saying maybe there's something to the time period."

Ellis was hurt Nov. 12, meaning Sunday was the nine-month mark. Waiting three more months would be nice, but the season starts in four weeks, at home against the New York Giants on Sunday, Sept. 9.

"I want to be ready for the Giants game," he said. "I want to be part of it."

No current player has been with the Cowboys longer than Ellis, who hopes to be heading into his 10th season. He's led the team in sacks six times and has been the captain of the defense the last two years.

He made headlines last year when coach Bill Parcells moved him from defensive end to outside linebacker so he'd be a better fit in the team's 3-4 scheme. Ellis was so afraid of failing that he asked to be traded or released, or to have more security written into his contract. He wound up being tied for the lead in sacks when he was hurt.

In April, the Cowboys spent their top pick on Anthony Spencer, a college end being converted to outside linebacker. Seeing Dallas invest in his replacement, Ellis squawked again. He continued grumbling even after his training-camp setback. His slow return has prompted accusations that he's faking it.

"This is not about me trying to get more money," he said. "This might be it for me. Hopefully it's not, but that's the reality of the situation."

The question may become how long Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Wade Phillips are willing to wait for him.

What if he needs that full year? That would mean Dallas going at least seven games with essentially a 52-man roster.

Ellis could go on injured reserve, but that would wipe out his entire season. He can't go on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list because he's already participated in a practice, even if it was only the initial few minutes of the very first one.

"That's what it always comes down to, the business side of it," Ellis said. "What are Jerry and Wade going to do? I don't know. They haven't talked to me about it."

Phillips sees no reason to have that chat.

"Our guys say he's day-to-day," the coach said. "I am going with that."

While the team has been steady with its prognosis, Ellis keeps picking up negative vibes elsewhere.

For instance, at the preseason opener last Thursday, Pat Summerall told him, "You know, Greg, a lot of guys don't make it back from this." Ellis also got a call last week from his wife, who was in North Carolina when longtime Panthers safety Mike Minter held a tearful news conference announcing his retirement.

"She was like, 'If this is it, I don't want you to be crying and stuff. I want you to be all right,'" Ellis said. "I told her, 'I'll be all right. I can't tell you I won't shed a tear or two.'"

Ellis admits the thought has entered his mind. With his 32nd birthday on Tuesday and only one good leg, he can't help but wonder if he's already played the last game of his career.

"They say some people don't make it back, some make it back and have no problems and some make it back and they're not quite the same guy," he said. "Which category am I going to fall in?"

------------------------

I'm really starting to hate this same old shit. Someone needs to bitch slap this guy.

Obstructed_View
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Ellis needs to stop answering questions. He should realize that he comes off as a malcontent, even when someone seeks him out to ask about his contract.

BTW, when Ellis got hurt in '99, the Cowboys lost three of their last four games. That was before Bill Parcells.

mardigan
11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Ellis has been great, 5 and a half sacks since he's came back, glad he got that extra cash

san antonio spurs
11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
apparently you didn't.

Spears, Canty, Burnett, Carpenter, everyone on that defense is going to be 10x better now that they've got a gameplan that was created after the Korean War.
so you are a cowboys fan
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
so you are a cowboys fan
no, i live in dallas.

so you are a lurker

san antonio spurs
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
no, i live in dallas.

so you are a lurker
i know you live in dallas, so you reference it as your team :lol
________
Cute_Cunt (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Cute_Cunt/)

johnsmith
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
no, i live in dallas.

so you are a lurker

you do know who ran our defense last year?

stretch
11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
lol, broncos

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
i know you live in dallas, so you reference it as your team :lol
i've already stated my views on the Cowboys so maybe you can go lurking and find it for yourself.

san antonio spurs
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
i've already stated my views on the Cowboys so maybe you can go lurking and find it for yourself.
so is it your team or not.
I'm lazy to go find it :lol
________
JUST_TURNED18 live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/JUST_TURNED18)

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
i've never seen a bigger dickriding bitch in all my life than johnsmith. that fag gets put on blast constantly so he just hides and waits till somebody else pipes up and then tries to sneak attack like a little faggot.

and if it's true, jay cutler fracturing his leg is the greatest thing that could have happened to the broncos :lmao

johnsmith
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
lol, broncos

lol, raiders.

Last place team in the worst division in football.

Don't worry, you have your other six or seven teams to fall back on, but the Raiders are your number one aren't they.

johnsmith
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
i've never seen a bigger dickriding bitch in all my life than johnsmith. that fag gets put on blast constantly so he just hides and waits till somebody else pipes up and then tries to sneak attack like a little faggot.

and if it's true, jay cutler fracturing his leg is the greatest thing that could have happened to the broncos :lmao

No, I just haven't been on here for about a week or so.

You still bandwagoning on your favorite team since 2001?

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
so is it your team or not.
I'm lazy to go find it :lol
that's too bad.

maybe one day in your lurking ways you'll stumble across it.

san antonio spurs
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM

i guess you realise how stupid you look by writing this
________
Glass pipe (http://glasspipes.net/)

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
not really.

i didn't wish a broken leg and i wasn't happy it happened. i just stated a fact, that not having cutler in there will only help denver. nice try lurker.

johnsmith
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Mono knows all, don't argue with him. Hell, he even told us how he'd rather have Steve McNair on his team over John Elway.

I mean that just screams, "I know football".

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Mono knows all, don't argue with him. Hell, he even told us how he'd rather have Steve McNair on his team over John Elway.

I mean that just screams, "I know football".
well not everyone can get beaten 55-10 in a super bowl i suppose. it takes someone special to let that happen.

stretch
11-05-2007, 12:31 PM
lol, raiders.

Last place team in the worst division in football.

Don't worry, you have your other six or seven teams to fall back on, but the Raiders are your number one aren't they.
lol, Broncos.

Only one more win than the last place team in the worst division in football. To make it worse, people actually had high hopes for the Broncos, but they are dissapointing everyone because they (and Jay Cutler in particular) suck. The Raiders are just doing what people expected of them. Also, the Raiders have had some very close games, and could have easily won 3 of them. The Broncos have just gotten their asses kicked in every loss (aside from the Green Bay.)

lol, Jay Cutler.

samikeyp
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
well not everyone can get beaten 55-10 in a super bowl i suppose. it takes someone special to let that happen.

True but look who they were playing...that Niners team was awesome.

I like McNair too but at least Elway won Super Bowls.

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
anyways, Greg Ellis, he's great. Except when he's whining about money and faking injuries to get more money. He's really helping us. And by "us" I mean the Cowboys. And by "the Cowboys" i mean a team that isn't "my team" but a team I still follow since I live in the city and hear about them constantly. And by calling them "us" I mean that I can say whatever the fuck I want. thanks.

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM