PDA

View Full Version : Avery Johnson plans to invest in new SA Convention Center Hotel...

TheWriter
12-10-2004, 03:16 AM
This is from an EXPRESS-NEWS article talking about three different proposals from three different companies for a new 1,000 room convention center hotel downtown. Anyway, the city council has to choose one of them and interestingly enough Avery Johnson plans to invest in one of the proposals.

"FaulknerUSA said most of its $77.3 million would come from a New York-based investment fund that would kick in $47.3 million. The developer would add $10 million and San Antonio investors — including restaurateur Lisa Wong and former Spur Avery Johnson — would contribute another $5 million."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/citycouncil/stories/MYSA120804.1A.convention_hotel.d049c416.html

timvp
12-10-2004, 03:35 AM
And they say he has nothing to do with the city.

Retire #6.

:smokin

boutons
12-10-2004, 07:47 AM
AJ's $5M has nothing to with the city, it's HIS investment for himself. It ain't exactly a Carver Academy project, and the 5* luxury hotel guests aren't exactly Carver Academy students. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 09:28 AM
AJ's $5M has nothing to with the city, it's HIS investment for himself. It ain't exactly a Carver Academy project, and the 5* luxury hotel guests aren't exactly Carver Academy students. :)

Damn AJ for trying to make money!

I suppose D-Rob bought into the Spurs for the sole reason of saying he's an owner, right?

boutons
12-10-2004, 09:38 AM
I wasn't damning anybody for making money. I was just saying these AJ $$$ had nothing to with the Spurs or the city.

ducks
12-10-2004, 09:44 AM
damm he has to stoop this low to make sure he gets his number retire

jalbre6
12-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Seriously guys, you wanna make some money? Invest in anything that Lisa Wong does. At age 30 she was worth $2M, owned two restaurants, and now is the CEO also of the company that runs the Riverwalk cruise boats.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 10:47 AM
It's not like this is the first thing AJ invested in San Antonio. I understand that he has many millions invested in housing projects, land developments and other projects throughout the city.

samikeyp
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Investing this way is helping the city. As someone who has been in the travel industry for 12 years, I can tell you that investments like this help attract more lucrative events to San Antonio and help our economy. The more big events we get, the more we prove we can pull them off and thereby attracting even more events. This city's lifeblood is tourism. Committments like this only improve San Antonio.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
It's smart business for him, half the people in this town apparently worship him.