PDA

View Full Version : And the idiots on this forum think...

Yonivore
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
...Republicans are in lock-step with one another

The Washington Post (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/house/party-voters/) decided to take a look at the 110th Congress to see which party exercises the most partisanship -- and the Democrats win the prize.

In fact, the Democrats take nine of the top ten partisan spots, as well as scoring 8 points higher in partisanship as a party. The lone Republican ties for first, though:

100% - Charlie Norwood (R-GA)
100% - Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
99.7% - Nita Lowey (D-NY)
99.4% - Juanita Millender-McDonald (D-CA)
99.1% - Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
98.9% - Xavier Bacerra (D-CA)
98.7% - Diana DeGetter (D-CO)
98.6% - Gary Ackerman (D-NY)
98.6% - Hilda Solis (D-CA)
98.6% - Ellen Tauscher (D-CA)
98.6% - Al Wynn (D-MD)

Now, before you libs gloat that a Republican took the top spot (tied with Ms. Pelosi), Norwood is dead, and has been since February. After Norwood, the next Republican comes in at 94.8%. JoAnn Davis (R-VA) has only cast 134 votes, however, as she has missed significant time while fighting a recurrence of breast cancer. She comes in at #174 on the list of partisans -- which means that Democrats occupy all of the previous 173 slots, of those among the living, anyway.

In comparison, Republicans occupy all of the ten positions for the least partisan Representatives. The percentage of party line votes for these range between 68%-78.4%. The first Democrat at that end of the spectrum comes in at #18.

If people want to know which party better puts bipartisanship into practice, and which holds the top living 173 slots for partisanship in Congress, the Post has the information for them, go check it out.

Hey, and, what do you know? The Democrats win in the Senate (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/party-voters/), too! The Republicans make it a little closer, being less partisan by only six percentage points this time (88.5%-82.3%), but the Democrats sweep the Top Ten Partisans again:

97.8% - Dick Durbin (D-IL)
97.1% - Ben Cardin (D-MD)
97.1% - Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
97.1% - Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
97.0% - Joe Biden (D-DE)
97.0% - Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
96.7% - Jack Reed (D-RI)
96.7% - Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
96.6% - Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
96.6% - Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

The most partisan Republican in the Senate is the newly-seated John Barasso of Wyoming, at #13 on the list but with only 51 votes. Of Republicans who have served more than a few weeks, Johnny Isakson (R-GA) is tops ... at #28. Republicans take the top 14 spots of the most bipartisan Senators, with Lousiana's Mary Landrieu breaking the Democratic jinx.

Democrats -- They put the part[y] in partisanship!

Norcal's Left Nut
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Dude, does the Republican Party pay you by the word or the post? Either way with the amount of time and effort you spend posting here you must not have a job!

Yonivore
07-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Dude, does the Republican Party pay you by the word or the post? Either way with the amount of time and effort you spend posting here you must not have a job!
Doesn't take long to steal what I post.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Do you have a point Yoni? Everyone in Congress, both parties, suck donkey balls. We need a reset button on Congress. Every single fucking one of themt.

PixelPusher
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't remember anyone on this board complaining about "lockstep" Republicans...not since they got their asses handed to them in November of '06 anyway. Republicans in disarray? Gee, you think it might have something to do with the Iraq war and Bush cooties?

medstudent
07-31-2007, 12:18 AM
So what you're saying is that a lot of repugs vote against their own party? Good call, I like them more already.

sabar
07-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Do you have a point Yoni? Everyone in Congress, both parties, suck donkey balls. We need a reset button on Congress. Every single fucking one of themt.

gtownspur
07-31-2007, 02:42 AM
I don't remember anyone on this board complaining about "lockstep" Republicans...not since they got their asses handed to them in November of '06 anyway. Republicans in disarray? Gee, you think it might have something to do with the Iraq war and Bush cooties?

Boutons, NbaDan, have been saying that, btw, i'd assume you and GGA pretty much thought the same. It's not like if the stats were stacked against Republicans, you would 've held your nose high and not post an article like this, you've done it many times.

George Gervin's Afro
07-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Democrats stick together whether they are right or worng. Many on the right have long admired and hated the fact that dems don't stab eachother in the back. I guess when you are in the minority for 12 yrs you learn how to survive.

I will fully acknowledge that the democrats have faults. The leadership has tended to go down roads that I would not if I were in control. My biggest problem with posts like these is people like Yoni who never acknowledge that their party acts the exact same way 95% of the time. that's hypocritical.. Yes I admit it dems aren't perfect and I am not enamored by the Democratic leadership... I still despise Dick Cheney

xrayzebra
07-31-2007, 07:36 AM
... I still despise Dick Cheney

Gee who would have thunk it....... :rolleyes

George Gervin's Afro
07-31-2007, 07:39 AM
yes ray dick is a dick.

xrayzebra
07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
I cant believe that Charlie Gonzales didn't make the list in the
House. He is always in "lock step".

George Gervin's Afro
07-31-2007, 08:13 AM
I cant believe that Charlie Gonzales didn't make the list in the
House. He is always in "lock step".

Gonzaels has zero credibility..just like dick and dubya... I guess the apple doens't fall far from the political tree huh ray..! :lol

Yonivore
07-31-2007, 08:43 AM
My biggest problem with posts like these is people like Yoni who never acknowledge that their party acts the exact same way 95% of the time.
Actually, as the article points out, it's somewhere south of that number.

I still despise Dick Cheney
Why?