PDA

View Full Version : Free Sean Marks

timvp
12-10-2004, 03:47 AM
nzkickass has been asking for it for a while and now it is time to see what the Spurs have. Tim Duncan mentioned him first as the player that impressed him in training camp. The coaches have been high on him.

Now is the perfect time to give him a try. Rasho Nesterovic has taken off some time to promote his rap album, so the Spurs can put him on IR. Or let Tony Massenburg try on some suits.

Give this Kiwi a try. He's a guy who can dunk with authority and also pop the jumper.

Now lets see how it translates to SPURS BASKETBALL.

Freedom.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 04:28 AM
It's an unknown scary proposition. I don't know who I'd put on IR to give him a shot. I wonder if he has looked good in practices lately.

He's such an unknown factor, it's a little intriguing.

MI21
12-10-2004, 07:14 AM
I don't know how much people have seen of him, but he is the exact opposite to Rasho. He will try and dunk everything around the rim, doesn't stop hustling and actually looks like he wants to be out there.

Give him a shot.

boutons
12-10-2004, 07:30 AM
I fail to see how putting a non-producing, low-minutes Klutzenberg on IR to give Sean a chance is "scary". Sean had a great leadership effort in Athens for the Tall Blacks. Rebounding, power moves, dunking, carrying his weak team.

He has been hanging around loyally as Spurs practice meat waiting for a chance that gets handed to foul-a-minute Klutzenberg. Reward the guy now, give him a chance in Dec/Jan because the chance won't be there after the ASB. The worst he could do is play like Tony. If he works out, he has a few good years left him.

And there's something poetic about Sean playing for two teams with black uniforms!! :)

ducks
12-10-2004, 09:25 AM
PUT BARRY ON IT FOR 5 games to practice shooting

whottt
12-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Don't forget Horry ducks...

Barry, Beno, Rasho, and Horry need to be cut or traded for players good enough to play on this team...until then put them on the IR and use some players good enough to play for Greg Popovich...anything is better than running a 6 man rotation.

Manu and Parker need to be moved to the bench.

Starters should be:

Duncan
Malik
Devin

Other two starts slots left empty, because quite honestly there is no one good enough on this team to fill them,

That'll send messages, that'll teach them a lesson, that'll show em'.

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:05 PM
god Whottt, would you get the fuck off it already.

Jesus H Christ.

Id activate Marks and bench Massenburg, no problem there.

I still dont see how Rasho had a bad game last night.

ducks
12-10-2004, 12:08 PM
rasho had a good game
he had a block right before he came out and then benched the rest of the evening

nzkickass
12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks Timvp for posting that message.

FREEDOM

boutons
12-10-2004, 03:12 PM
"thanks Timvp for posting that message."

But it looks Kori is going to get him to retract it! :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Sit Horry for a few games. I like Massenburg's toughness. In a league where some guys guard like their trying not to break a nail, here's a guy who makes his fouls count.

BigVee
12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
In my opinion Massenburg is a non-value add goon. Give Marks a shot.

bigzak25
12-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Free Rasho.

Maybe it's time TD passed on the torch like DRob did with him. :lol

Go-spurs-Go
12-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Like timvp said, I think we should give Kiwi a try. He showed he can play in Athens. And now, we just have to see whether he fits into the NBA or not. But first, we have to give me the chance to play.

It just doesn't make sense when we sign a guy (and have some kind of expectation on him), but we never use him.

One question though, is he 100% healthy recently?

FromWayDowntown
12-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Since Radoslav has decided to go walkabout, I'd think that perhaps he's the one who will come up with the mystery ailment de jour. I don't know how you alter the starting lineup at that point -- start Malik or Massenburg (ala Kevin Willis, Feb. 03), maybe -- but it couldn't be much worse.

I'm down with shaking the Big Slovenian up somehow.

NZ Spurs
12-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Sean had a great leadership effort in Athens for the Tall Blacks. Rebounding, power moves, dunking, carrying his weak team.

The team was far from weak. thats like saying Chancey Billups carried his weak team to the championship.

If Marks gets activated he will get minutes because he will hustle. He will be used to try and motivate Rasho by taking his minutes. But if that happens the Spurs are in trouble. They need Rasho to be playing well.

Rasho at his peak >>>>>>> Marks at his.

I would love to see Marks step on the floor with the silver and black on his back it would be a proud moment for me, but I would far rather see Rasho stepping up.

Is Marks even healthy anyway? I heard he got injured helping Beno hand out the donuts.

boutons
12-10-2004, 05:53 PM
"weak" in that they didn't get to the medal round. We all know the Kiwis are not weak in spirit! :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 06:22 PM
I think the Big Slovenian Sensation needs a high ankle sprain or something.

T Park
12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
yup.

Penalize him after a good game from last night.

Dont build on it.

Makes sense.

Why not IR Massenburg, why the fuck Rasho, makes no sense.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Give Rasho's minutes to Barry.

timvp
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
yup.

Dont build on it.

Makes sense.

Maybe because he's 6-for-25 over his last six games. Ever since that Sixers game that he played awesome in, he's gone in the hole.

He needs help.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Horry hasn't been much better lately, either.

I'd try him in place of either, though this team needs another shotblocker if Rasho isn't going to play.

Das Texan
12-10-2004, 07:03 PM
yup.

Dont build on it.

Makes sense.

1 decent game out of what 6?

big deal.

for him to get benched for an entire half tells you something. rasho needs to grow some nuts.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Or maybe getting benched for half a game along with Pop getting on him will send the message home. Let's give him a game to see if the strong play against the rockets was a fluke or a sign of things to come.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 07:05 PM
He has to play well in the minutes he's given. That will give him more minutes.

His D was pretty good but his shot looks almost as bad as Barry's.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah, the jumper's not working. I would have liked to have seen him drive on Yao. Yao's a decent blocker if the Rockets funnel guys towards him in the paint, but he doesn't have the lateral movement to guard on the ball.

grjr
12-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Like timvp said, I think we should give Kiwi a try. He showed he can play in Athens. And now, we just have to see whether he fits into the NBA or not. But first, we have to give me the chance to play.

So...you reveal yourself, eh?

One question though, is he 100% healthy recently?

You don't know?