PDA

View Full Version : Where will Karl Malone end up?

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 04:23 AM
:princess

LakerGod
12-10-2004, 04:54 AM
If not the Lakers is the Heat.

Although don't believe all the drama going on right now between Kobe and Karl, after all, It's LA!

BTW quit deleting my posts!!!

mattyc
12-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Our current losing streak may scare Karl away from his ring hunting. :spin

mysterious_elf26
12-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Our current losing streak may scare Karl away from his ring hunting. :spin

I don't think he's stupid. It's not secret around the league that the spurs like to do their damage after all star break. Conveniently, that's when Malone is planning to return.

mysterious_elf26
12-10-2004, 12:09 PM
If not the Lakers is the Heat.

Although don't believe all the drama going on right now between Kobe and Karl, after all, It's LA!

It's not going to be heat. He wants a championship and the best place to get it is in SA. Not to mention that SA is the hometown of his wife and neighboring his Louisiana home.

You could not believe the drama all you want because it is LA. But wait, the last time many didn't believe there was really a feud going on in LA, it led to departures of Payton, Shaq, and the Zen master. Well wake up. You could add the Mailman to that list. Kobe got what he wanted. The Lakers. Now let's see if he has balls of steel to take them anywhere.

samikeyp
12-10-2004, 12:11 PM

Telling Kori how to run her site...yeah, that's smart! :rolleyes

fonzy16
12-10-2004, 12:15 PM
A: in hell

bigzak25
12-10-2004, 12:18 PM
seeing rasho play recently has made me re-evaluate my willingness to sell my spurs soul to the devil for a better chance at a ring this year.

it's making me sick.

but i still think he ends up in miami.

CosmicCowboy
12-10-2004, 12:28 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bourbonstreet/6800/dealdevil.gif

I'm down with that...

sickdsm
12-10-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't think MN will be too terribly interested in competing for him the way Griffen is panning out.

Jose Conseco is selling his world series ring for $40k, maybe Kobe will buy that for Karl to smooth things over and make everyone happy.

Gummi
12-10-2004, 02:33 PM
If Rasho keeps playing like he's been doing since the season started, we might as well sign Malone and bench Rasho. I don't have the hatred for Malone like many other Spurs fans do, but I do wonder if his signing would affect the chemistry of our ballclub. Benching Rasho or make Malone come off the bench would change things for us, No minutes for Horry, few minutes for Rose, less for Rasho, and no minutes for Massenburg.

Rasho needs to step it up big time if he's going to keep his minutes because he's been playing badly since the start of the season. Not that I had huge hopes for him but he's definatly been a disappointment so far. No confidence at all and no stroke on that shot.

Streakyshooter08
12-10-2004, 02:41 PM
I would like to know if Pop and RC are interested in signing him. Because if Pop an RC don't want him, all the speculation and threads would be irrelevant. Maybe somebody will ask Pop at the Pop-Show.:)

Gummi
12-10-2004, 02:51 PM
We all know that Pop has been interested in Malone since he was a free agent in the summer of 2003. What I read and know is that the Spurs showed Malone great deal of interest that summer, but then Malone decided to sign with the Lakers and I also think that Pop wanted to make a run for Rasho. Pop wants to have two 7 footers guarding the basket most of the time. Maybe Pop knew that Malone wanted to go to LA and gave up on Malone?

Then this summer Pop along with other coaches and GM's showed Malone some interest when he decided to opt out of his contract. It's known that Pop has a great deal of interest for him, but Malone always said that he would only play for LA if he would come back. Now that has changed so who really knows. Maybe he'll end up here, maybe not, maybe he'll just retire.

wildbill2u
12-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I would like to know if Pop and RC are interested in signing him. Because if Pop an RC don't want him, all the speculation and threads would be irrelevant. Maybe somebody will ask Pop at the Pop-Show.:)

Saw somewhere that Pop and Malone have not talked since summer.

I think Pop really feels the F.O. has put together a good team and he'd be willing to go with this lineup for the rest of the year.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Would I like him in SA? Yes.
Is he such a drama queen that he'll go to Miami just for the sake of the spotlight? Yes. There were plenty of teams that he could have gone to instead of the Lakers last year, but he chose LA. Say what you will but Karl's no idiot. He had to have known that adding he and Payton to the mix with Shaq and Kobe was not going to help anyone's egos, but he went anyway. So even though the Wolves and Spurs are much more in contention than the Heat (and will still be better than the Heat should they get Malone), Karl's going to want all the cameras he can get to capture the drama of his emotional chase for that elusive ring.

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Pop said just a couple days ago that they are interested in him now, they were interested in him last summer and the summer before. But he also said that he hasn't spoken to him since the offseason.

Go-spurs-Go
12-10-2004, 04:03 PM
We never know what goes inside Malone's head, BUT here is the deal:

if he ends up in SA: he can have the ring.
if he ends up in Miami: he will end up the same as last year.
and, I don't think he will end up in the Wolves or Dallas.

pooh
12-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I would love to see Malone in a Spurs jersey...it also would be neat to see how many jump ship after he does.

violentkitten
12-10-2004, 04:11 PM
youre the best pooh

http://www.andrewstorms.com/pix/mullet3.jpg

Shelly
12-10-2004, 04:12 PM
:lol

I say he goes to the Heat.

KEDA
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
smells like a vBookie to me!!!

sickdsm
12-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Shaq had a quote the other day saying theres no way he'll pick SA over Miami.

Timothy Dunkan
12-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Per ESPN, Jim Gray spoke to Jazz owner Larry Miller during Jazz/Blazer game, he said that Malone is not signing with any team and definitely going to retire.....Malone and his wife personally told the owner about this.

The good thing about the 2 losing streaks is that it made up his mind to just retire. Spurs is the favorite to win the title and after these losing streaks, the old bastard probably doubtful and does not know which team to jump to.

Also, in quite timely fashion, the losing streak happens the same week with Krobe comments on the bastard. And this is the month where he suppose to make up his decision.

P.S. F y'all that want this oldinjuredbastarddirtyplayerchokermofo in Silver/Black uniform.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2004, 04:59 AM
It's weird that he'd give his decision to Larry Miller before giving it to teams that are interested in him. Hmm....

GrandeDavid
12-11-2004, 05:58 AM
Maybe Karl would like to stick it to Larry Miller?