PDA

View Full Version : Post-Trade Deadline Roster

Melmart1
07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Since all the talk is scattered about in several threads, I thought I would bring it together in this one.

NOw of course, the waiver thing will come into play starting tomorrow. If I am a betting woman, Jamey Wright and Sosa are waived and Rangers will try to get something (anything) for them.

Gabbard takes Wright's place in the rotation.
Rheinecker stays in the majors, though I am not sure in what roll. With Mahay gone, that leaves CJ Wilson as the only lefty in the pen. So Rheinecker could take Mahay's place, or stay in the rotation and call up someone else.

Benoit is the closer until Aki comes back, then he goes setup.

Salty will go to 1B. I would rather him stay at Catcher, waive Melhuse, use Wilkerson at 1B and Laird as backup catcher or catcher on days when Wilkerson is in the outfield.

In a perfect world, Botts will get called up this week to take Sosa's place. Hairston gets waived since Kinsler is being activated today.

Flight3107
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Looks like AJ Murray is on his way up

Melmart1
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
So he take Mahay's spot as situational lefty. Which means Rheinecker stays in the rotation. So I guess Jamey Wright's days as a Ranger are done.

BeerIsGood!
07-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Now's the time to get these young guys work - get as many young players as possible in the majors to work with the vets and with Wash and get this shit going for 2008. They have 2 months of OJT to get a jump and get people accustomed.