PDA

View Full Version : Williams/Greek/ Mahinmi update please!

lotr1trekkie
08-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Has the Greeek officially been released? Why Not? Why haven't we signed our #2 pick? Will we? Does Mahinmi have a Euro contract yet? Is he trying out for the French NT? What with Oduka? Too many offers? Finally, how does this Toros thing work for the Spurs? Does the team have a GM? Will the Spurs fill out the roster or will other teams assign players they've signed?

Darkwaters
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
You just asked every question that we have been collectively arguing for the last 3 weeks. If we knew I promise you their would be an absolute litany of forum literature on it by now. At this point all we have is speculation.

lotr1trekkie
08-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Just curious. Some listers seem to track where these guys are and where they are going. Still curious about how the Toros's deal works for the Spurs unless we have a couple of prospects on the inactive list that will play there.

Bruno
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Has the Greeek officially been released? Why Not?

Spanoulis hasn't been released but reports say that he still want to leave the NBA.
Greek article about that are really funny to read. Spanoulis' birthday is on August 7th and his agent has said that he wants to make him teh biggest gift he could have by giving him back his freedom. :lo

Why haven't we signed our #2 pick? Will we?

Spurs will likely sign Williams. The only way they don't sign him is if his traded or agrees to play in Europe.
Spurs have no reason to rush a Williams signing, he isn't a free agent and can't sign with another nba team. Not signing him gives more option to SA.
Spurs must just make a contract offer between September 6th, if they don't do it, Williams will be a free agent .

Does Mahinmi have a Euro contract yet?

No

Is he trying out for the French NT?

No, he was selected to play with them but has renounced to French NT after his injury.

lotr1trekkie
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Thank you, Bruno! Zorba gets released on the 8th. Great! 3 roster positions. Why offer Williams a roster spot when he shot under 20% in a summer league? As far as Mahinmi goes he must have something going for him if he was chosen to tryout?
Still don't see the Toros as an asset unless we have a couple of prospects to play there.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Has the Greeek officially been released? Why Not? Why haven't we signed our #2 pick? Will we? Does Mahinmi have a Euro contract yet? Is he trying out for the French NT? What with Oduka? Too many offers? Finally, how does this Toros thing work for the Spurs? Does the team have a GM? Will the Spurs fill out the roster or will other teams assign players they've signed?

Just an FYI, triple shots of espresso aren't for everybody.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Based on what some spurs forum pundits said about williams i still do not follow the logic in signing him.at.all.

I'd rather have Romain freakin Sato Kori Ellis said he had a 6 foot 11 wingspan.

AFBlue
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Based on what some spurs forum pundits said about williams i still do not follow the logic in signing him.at.all.

I'd rather have Romain freakin Sato Kori Ellis said he had a 6 foot 11 wingspan.

The Logic:

Williams is cheap, has defensive ability and desire, and the Spurs just made him a high-second round pick barely a month ago.

Yes, his shooting form is horrible and he failed to connect with regularity during the 10-game summer league. But I have to think the Spurs FO and coaching staff noticed it when he came in for a workout and got a feel from Chip Engelland as to whether it could be fixed.

Bottom Line: I'm not passing judgement on his talent or future potential with this team after 10 summer league games. And neither will the Spurs. He'll be with the Spurs in training camp, signed before the season, and playing with the Toros all year.

BTW....Williams reportedly has a 7'1 wingspan, and he uses it all to disrupt passing lanes and block shots.