PDA

View Full Version : Sarver strikes again

Darkwaters
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Just saw this on eBay...

http://i15.tinypic.com/6fynehw.jpg

JMarkJohns
08-01-2007, 09:51 AM
I've seen this, and while I know it's false - or at least presume, pray, beg - If it didn't piss me off so much, It'd probably make me laugh.

I wonder what Kerr likes of being Sarver's errand boy/mouthpiece?

I doubt it was the job he had in mind.

RonMexico
08-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I wish Steve Kerr would still have his job at Yahoo Sports, except now it would be a blog of his first year dealing with the cheapest and 2nd most obnoxious owner in the NBA.

I love Sarver's justification that Phoenix ranks 24th in the league in terms of revenue but in the same sentence talks about how great Suns fans are at supporting the team. I would go try to find the quote, but that would require me reading another article where we traded away way too much to get a trade exception from Seattle.

Holt's Cat
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Fuwk you we have the cheapest owner in sports.

CubanMustGo
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I love Sarver's justification that Phoenix ranks 24th in the league in terms of revenue but in the same sentence talks about how great Suns fans are at supporting the team. I would go try to find the quote, but that would require me reading another article where we traded away way too much to get a trade exception from Seattle.

Well, both can be true. Great fans don't necessarily translate to revenue. If SA didn't have the luxury of going to the Finals three of the last five years its revenue would be in the toilet.

That said, according to this January, 2007 Forbes article (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/32/biz_06nba_NBA-Team-Valuations_Revenue.html) Phoenix ranks seventh, not 24th, in revenue .. and in terms of operating revenue (e.g. net profit), ranks second. Yet in terms of debt as a percentage of team value, the Suns are tied for worst in the league. Hmm ...

George Gervin's Afro
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
I wish Steve Kerr would still have his job at Yahoo Sports, except now it would be a blog of his first year dealing with the cheapest and 2nd most obnoxious owner in the NBA.

I don't blame you... the Suns out spurred the spurs with that move.