PDA

View Full Version : What the doctor ordered?

Jimcs50
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
You know, another thought here.

The NBA really needed this great comeback performance. The league needs to get some good things happening right now because of all the negative publicity it has received.

This was just what the doctor ordered, IMO. The Rockets were struggling and the fans were booing them the last month, and this is just the shot in the arm needed to get the fans back into the game. TMac is a superstar and the superstars need to rise up and carry the league back to prominence, like Bird and Magic did in the late 70's and early 80's before them.

Now if we can get a 30-20-10 game from Timmy in the next weeks...this will be even better.

boutons
12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
hmm, ain't no media coverage of TMac Miracle That Killed The Spurs like there was The Artest Atrocity That Killed The Pacers. oh well, only Bad News sells.

I do NOT want to see LeBron go for miraculous 40-20-15 Saturday night.

Jimcs50
12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
alas, that is testament to our society, I guess.:(

Solid D
12-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Certainly no comparison to the 2 events (Rockets comeback v. Pacers enter stands and throw down with fans), but negative news tends to be what people focus on.

I wouldn't say that T-Mac's heroics weren't noticed. It's been the lead story on Talk Radio and news updates when I was listening earlier and certainly a main item in the major media Sports sites, i.e. ESPN, SI-CNN, CBSsportline, NBA.com, etc.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
I guarantee if a baseball player did something equivalent to T-Mac performance, we'd hear nothing else for days.

The NBA gets more unwarranted crap from the media than all the other sports combined.

1Parker1
12-10-2004, 09:54 PM
i disagree. They have been covering the Spurs vs Rockets game here on the local news stations in Philly! They never cover anything outside of the Sixers or Eagles :)

Tek_XX
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Great, the only time they say us is when we get our nuts handed to us, perfect.

Manu20
12-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Well I have not watch ESPN because I don't want to see that again.
At least Manning is going to break the record on the Houston Texans. (Touchdowns)

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 10:59 PM
As a doctor - total BS to this thread "about good for NBA". Spurs as a class organization are what is good for NBA and do not get publicity except bad when something like this happens. I am also sick and tired of hearing from BSPN how McGrady stole the ball and "took total balls to shoot" the 3. Brown slipped it popped out and McGrady got a gift. How inaccurate is that?

McGrady has had his great moment in Sun. Fine, this will eventually hurt Houston back as he will ballhog ball all the time now.

MadDoc

Guru of Nothing
12-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I picked a bad night to skip a Spurs' game (or did I?).

LakerGod
12-11-2004, 04:28 AM
What an embarrasment for the Spurs and it happened on national TV! :lol

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 10:41 AM
What an embarrasment for the Spurs and it happened on national TV! :lol

Laker, you have no room to talk.

The lakers suck balls, kobe is an ass, ...
get with the program.

You know what, you dont even care about the lakers.

You're not a laker fan, you're an anti - Spurs fan.

You would rather see the spurs lose than the lakers win.

LakerGod
12-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Laker, you have no room to talk.

The lakers suck balls, kobe is an ass, ...
get with the program.

You know what, you dont even care about the lakers.

You're not a laker fan, you're an anti - Spurs fan.

You would rather see the spurs lose than the lakers win.
And who said I'm not a Laker fan?

Prove it!

I've been a Laker fan since the Magic Johnson days so STFU!

slayermin
12-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Great, the only time they say us is when we get our nuts handed to us, perfect.

That is true. But it's news because the Spurs are the favorites to win it all. No one would care if we sucked.