PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker withdraws from ...

Kori Ellis
08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
TONY PARKER WITHDRAWS FROM BASKETBALL WITHOUT BORDERS

DUE TO SPRAINED LEFT ANKLE

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that, due to a sprained left ankle, Tony Parker will miss the 2007 Basketball without Borders Europe event. The camp runs from August 6-10 in Paris. Parker suffered the injury this week during practice with the French National Team. He is returning to the States and will be examined in San Antonio on Friday.

“Unfortunately, this injury requires me to return to San Antonio so I can be examined by team doctors and begin a rehabilitation program,” said Parker. “I am extremely disappointed that I cannot participate in this year's Basketball without Borders event in Paris. Since I attended the BWB in Beijing two years ago I have looked forward to hosting the event in my own country.”

Parker will begin his rehabilitation program immediately upon his return to the States. His status will be determined following his examination. Parker will rejoin the French National Team as soon as he receives medical clearance.

SpursDynasty
08-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Wonderful.

I think from now on, after a championship, every Spurs player should refrain from any basketball participation other than the NBA.

MoSpur
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Its hard to deny his country.

ducks
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
good

E20
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Nothing new...............he f'ed up his shooting hand during last summer.

Clutch20
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Is it so bad being selfish?
What I think would be bad is Basketball without Tony.
And being without his jersey-combusting blow-bys.

thispego
08-01-2007, 12:20 PM
hmmm too bad for Tony and the french, i'm sure they would have had fun

ashbeeigh
08-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Didn't they already move the date because of his wedding or some crap like that? I love him, but seriously. And I understand all the yes he's a 60something million dollar investment bullshit but :madrun

And if I'm wrong excuse my rant.

angel_luv
08-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Feel better Tony :)

genghisrex
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
A sprained ankle at the beginning of August doesn't sound like anything to get worked up about, but I'm glad Tony's going to work with the team trainers.

duncan228
08-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I hate to sound selfish but I'm glad he's out. Let him heal, rest. Let all of them heal and rest. Nothing more than staying in shape works for me.

I want the repeat.

jmard5
08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
He better be healthy and in good shape this upcoming season. By the way, is he supposed to work on his 3 point shot now with Chip?

Bruno
08-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Parker missing BB without borders is more a geographical thing that a health thing.
While Parker will likely be healthy on August 6th, he won't be in France but in SA.
Blaming someone for not being able to be at the same time on 2 continents is kinda weak.

ploto
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Parker missing BB without borders is more a geographical thing that a health thing.
While Parker will likely be healthy on August 6th, he won't be in France but in SA.
Blaming someone for not being able to be at the same time on 2 continents is kinda weak.

Parker will rejoin the French National Team as soon as he receives medical clearance.
How much you want to guess this takes a really, really long time?

Bruno
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
How much you want to guess this takes a really, really long time?

We will see.

On thing is sure : France NT staff thinks that it's a very slight injury and that Parker should be cleared to play very soon.

French NT has games on 10th,11th and 12th August (the 12th August game is against Slovenia ;) ). I can see Spurs asking Parker not to play these games with the jet lag thing but if French NT doctors are right about Parker's injury, Parker should be at 100% on August 10th.

French NT coach has already said that, if Spurs said to Parker that he won't be back with French NT this summer, it will likely means that Parker will never play again with French NT. He has said that he can't work with players that are out for the summer as soon as they have a meaningless little injury.

JPB
08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
We will see.

On thing is sure : France NT staff thinks that it's a very slight injury and that Parker should be cleared to play very soon.

French NT has games on 10th,11th and 12th August (the 12th August game is against Slovenia ;) ). I can see Spurs asking Parker not to play these games with the jet lag thing but if French NT doctors are right about Parker's injury, Parker should be at 100% on August 10th.

French NT coach has already said that, if Spurs said to Parker that he won't be back with French NT this summer, it will likely means that Parker will never play again with French NT. He has said that he can't work with players that are out for the summer as soon as they have a meaningless little injury.

I can't understand that. You don't want to build your team around one or two guys that can be out for good or bad reasons at any moment. It's not a comfortable position to work in. I think he's also putting some pressure, supposing he could...
But I think at the end, it's TP's decision and for now he wants to play with french NT and make the olympics. After that, I don't think he'll play very long with it.

ploto
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
What I find interesting is that for 2 summers (2004 & 2005) people harrassed Beno when the exact same thing happened to him. He had to come back to SA early from his NT in Slovenia both summers because the Spurs wanted to look at injuries. Because it was Beno, people wrote it off as "his" fault, but the Spurs called him back, just like they have Tony the past 2 summers.

French NT has games on 10th,11th and 12th August (the 12th August game is against Slovenia ).
And again in Maribor later in the month.

Bruno
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
And again in Maribor later in the month.

Yep, France and Slovenia will faced themselves 4 times this year : August 10th in Strasbourg, August 24th in Maribor, August 26th in Maribor and September 5th in Alicante for the euro.

CubanMustGo
08-01-2007, 04:07 PM
How many times do you guys have to be told that this has nothing to do with b-ball and everything to do with gymnastique a la Eva?

timvp
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Basketball Without Borders is a glorified basketball camp. The NBA players who attend don't play basketball. They just talk.

Some people in this thread are confused with what exactly Parker withdrew from.

What I find interesting is that for 2 summers (2004 & 2005) people harrassed Beno when the exact same thing happened to him. He had to come back to SA early from his NT in Slovenia both summers because the Spurs wanted to look at injuries. Because it was Beno, people wrote it off as "his" fault, but the Spurs called him back, just like they have Tony the past 2 summers.In 2004, Beno thought he tore his ACL. Turned out to be a knee bruise. I forgot which of injury it was in 2005 but I'm sure it was nothing ... like usual.

ShoogarBear
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
:lol at the attempt to compare Beno's injury history with Tony's.

SsKSpurs21
08-02-2007, 01:14 AM
phew, its just a sprained ankle...after that wedding i thought maybe it was from a groin pull! eva likes it rough! :lol