PDA

View Full Version : Celtics sign House, Manuel

mardigan
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
August 01, 2007
Celtics add two
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff
The Celtics signed guards Eddie House and Jackie Manuel this afternoon to one-year contracts, Danny Ainge said.

"Eddie is one of the best shooters in the league," Ainge said. "He adds firepower to our bench and depth to our backcourt."

With regard to Manuel, a former North Carolina player, "He's a great defender."

While no additional moves are imminent, Ainge also said the Celtics "were not done yet."

Boston has 11 players under contract with the addition of House and Manuel.

House (6-1) played last season with the Nets, appearing in 56 games and averaging 8.4 points in 16.9 minutes per game. He has played for the Heat, Clippers, Hornets, Bucks, Kings, Suns and Nets in seven seasons in the league after playing in college at Arizona State.

His best season was 2005-06 when he appeared in 81 games for the Suns and averaged 9.8 points.

Manuel (6-5) was an undrafted free agent with Orlando at the start of last season but was waived in training camp. He played with the Los Angeles Defenders of the NBA Developmental League and averaged 9.5 points and 3.8 rebounds.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Boston starts to rebuild roster, signs House to one-year deal
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: August 1, 2007, 5:28 PM ET

The Boston Celtics began filling out their trade-depleted roster Wednesday a day after acquiring Kevin Garnett, agreeing to terms with journeyman guard Eddie House on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

The Celtics will use a portion of their mid-level exception to sign House, a person involved in the talks told ESPN.com. Boston will still have $3.8 of its exception left.

House, a seven-year veteran who spent last season with the New Jersey Nets, will be joining his eighth NBA team. He is a career 38 percent 3-point shooter.

The signing of House will bring the Celtics' roster up to 13 players, including unsigned second-round draft picks Gabe Pruitt and Glen Davis. Boston made a deal that included two draft picks and five players Tuesday to acquire Garnett from Minnesota. The Celtics surrendered Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff in the deal.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider. To e-mail Chris, click here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2957622

I like both moves, scoring off the bench and a guy whos going to be a damn good defender one day

BacktoBasics
08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Good bench player and a even better practice player. Good fillers in my opinion.

himat
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
House was good in Phoenix. I have no idea who Manuel is.

mardigan
08-01-2007, 04:33 PM
House was good in Phoenix. I have no idea who Manuel is.
He was undrafted out of Carolina, started on their champoinship team a couple of years back, solid defender