PDA

View Full Version : Lovers' scuffle costs TV reporter her job

Sunshine
08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Web Posted: 08/01/2007 11:04 PM CDT

Jeanne Jakle
Express-News

KSAT-TV has fired police reporter Gina Galaviz a week after she was charged with assault following a fight with her boyfriend.
"Gina is no longer employed at KSAT 12," station spokesman David Cuccio said Wednesday in an e-mail.

When reached for comment Wednesday, Galaviz said she couldn't talk because she had guests. Subsequent calls to her went unanswered.

According to a police report, Galaviz, 43, and her boyfriend, Ronald Aguillen, 46, were arrested after a fight July 25 that started in a bar and continued in the home of an acquaintance. Both were charged with assault bodily injury/family violence.

According to the report, Galaviz had a black eye, bruises on her legs and scratches on her arm; Aguillen had scratches on his neck, chest and arm and a bite mark on his hand.

The story was carried by a number of media outlets, including some of KSAT's broadcast competitors.

This was the second time Galaviz, who has spent much of her career as a police reporter, has been the focus of news reports.

In 2004, she accused her then-boyfriend Ron Segovia, who was a city councilman, of throwing an apple at her and pointing a gun at her. Segovia, a retired police officer, denied the gun incident.

He wasn't charged at the time, and a grand jury later decided there wasn't enough evidence to pursue a criminal case against him.

Galaviz joined KSAT in 2001.. Over a span of almost 20 years, the San Antonio native and Jefferson High School graduate also has worked for two other local network affiliates, KENS and KMOL (now WOAI). She also did a stint at Dallas-Fort Worth TV station KTVT.

She has filed memorable reports during sweeps ratings months, including a series on gentleman's clubs for KENS and, more recently, a story on prostitution for KSAT, during which Galaviz herself was propositioned by a motorist.

While at KMOL, she appeared on "The Montel Williams Show" to talk about crime reporting. A year later, in 1998, the San Antonio Police Officers Association honored her for her work.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/tv/stories/MYSA080207.3B.galaviz.31aca6a.html)

Shelly
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Sounds like she needs to stay away from men named Ron!

BacktoBasics
08-02-2007, 08:24 AM
This chic gets around

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2007, 09:34 AM
and, more recently, a story on prostitution for KSAT, during which Galaviz herself was propositioned by a motorist.

:lmao
can;t believe I missed that!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Yeah, that sounds pretty hilarious...I was looking for that video, but couldn't find it.

Sunshine
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah, that sounds pretty hilarious...I was looking for that video, but couldn't find it.

It was Gerry Grant.....oh wait, she's too old for his taste.

MrChug
08-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Three words...

FI

NAL

LY

fatsack
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
......a story on prostitution for KSAT, during which Galaviz herself was propositioned by a motorist.

how much did she get?

Mixability
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM

I can't believe someone propositioned her ugly ass.

Sunshine
08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
how much did she get?

Enough to fund a night out at the bar for her and her boyfriend.

mrsmaalox
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Complete psycho