PDA

View Full Version : I Hate This Song

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 07:43 AM
I know we talked about this in other forums, but I just want to know who here hates this song as much as I do? I feel like I slamming my head in the wall when they are playing this!!

PLAIN WHITE T'S LYRICS

"Hey There Delilah"

Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
and we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You'll know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This ones for you

What you do to me.

ALVAREZ6
08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
fuckin gay song I saw two kids coming off the track and hoping into a car and listening to this song.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 07:49 AM
fuckin gay song I saw two kids coming off the track and hoping into a car and listening to this song.

Uggghhh I hate that fucking song!!!

Thunder Dan
08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah that song sucks.

Not only does it suck, but it pertains to me and I fell it's like a direct slap in the face to me personally. (WARNING: this is about to get really gay) But I am somewhat of a rock snob, i.e. I really like music, and stuff I don't like people within 500 feet of me will know. But the opening lyrics kill me becuase not only does the guy sound like a giant douche bag, but it's basically my life right now since the girl I had been dating over the last year, and still wish I was dating, moved to New York City in May. Fuck bands that have to be so blatenly obvious with their lyrics. It's impossible for anyone to find this song anymore painstaking than me. Terrible terrible song.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah that song sucks.

Not only does it suck, but it pertains to me and I fell it's like a direct slap in the face to me personally. (WARNING: this is about to get really gay) But I am somewhat of a rock snob, i.e. I really like music, and stuff I don't like people within 500 feet of me will know. But the opening lyrics kill me becuase not only does the guy sound like a giant douche bag, but it's basically my life right now since the girl I had been dating over the last year, and still wish I was dating, moved to New York City in May. Fuck bands that have to be so blatenly obvious with their lyrics. It's impossible for anyone to find this song anymore painstaking than me. Terrible terrible song.

doesnt help that it plays every other song on the radio

Thunder Dan
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
doesnt help that it plays every other song on the radio

At my work they have XM on over the stereo and here is the playlist

Nickelback
Plain White T's
Gwyn Stefani
Nickelback
Chris Doughty
Plain White T's
Nelly Fertado
Nickelback
Bon Jovi
Plain White T's
Nickelback

anyone that pays 12 bucks a month to listen to this station needs a serious punch in the mouth

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Nickelback
Plain White T's
Gwyn Stefani
Nickelback
Chris Doughty
Plain White T's
Nelly Fertado
Nickelback
Bon Jovi
Plain White T's
Nickelback

anyone that pays 12 bucks a month to listen to this station needs a serious punch in the mouth

LOL XM sucks.......Sirius is the way to go.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 10:02 AM

Nickelback
Plain White T's
Gwyn Stefani
Nickelback
Chris Doughty
Plain White T's
Nelly Fertado
Nickelback
Bon Jovi
Plain White T's
Nickelback

did it really play that song over and over? Its funny on 101x this morning, they let callers call in and rant about anything and this chick ranted how much she hates this song. She said it was nice for the first 100 times she heard it but now she can't stand it. Nice to see that chicks hate it as well.

Thunder Dan
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
LOL XM sucks.......Sirius is the way to go.

Yeah thats what I have in my car. I basically just listen to Howard, Disorder, Underground Garage, Boombox, Lithum, Left of and sometimes Alt-Nation (though it has become emo nation). But on Xm there are only 2 decent channels, Ethel and Lucy. But I hate their DJ's on Ethel. If you have ever listened to it, they act like they are way too cool to be doing their job. It goes like this before every song, (in a smug, too cool voice) "Heres Modest Mouth;Ethel"

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Anything by that no talent hack Fergie

u2sarajevo
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I had never heard this song before until about a minute ago. I got 58 seconds in and I was to the point that either I would shut down the browser window or put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

So I agree.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I had never heard this song before until about a minute ago. I got 58 seconds in and I was to the point that either I would shut down the browser window or put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

So I agree.

I take it you shut the browser window??

ALVAREZ6
08-02-2007, 12:40 PM
This is TSA's favorite song

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM
This is TSA's favorite song

I think O-factor touches himself to this song too!!

50 cent
08-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree. I hate that fucking song.

SpursWoman
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I like it.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I like it.

Im not surprised!!

SpursWoman
08-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Why's that? Because I'm a girl?

The raging testosterone in this thread is pretty impressive. :dramaquee

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Why's that? Because I'm a girl?

The raging testosterone in this thread is pretty impressive. :dramaquee

THATS exactly why, find ONE guy ONE guy that likes that worthless song. Oh yeah and he can't be gay cause that just wouldn't count now would it?

CuckingFunt
08-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't like that song, so I don't listen to it.

Problem solved.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't like that song, so I don't listen to it.

Problem solved.

Neither do I, everytime it comes on the radio I change it. ( it came on the radio this morning when I made this post and it gave me the urge to see who else hates it)

ashbeeigh
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I liked it the first 100 times. After the 101st time I started to bang my head against the car door.

SpursWoman
08-02-2007, 02:07 PM
You missed it! It was just on 96.1! :elephant :lol

Mixability
I liked it the first 100 times. After the 101st time I started to bang my head against the car door.

Did it uncross your eye?

SpursWoman

Much easier to just change the channel. :spin

ashbeeigh
08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Much easier to just change the channel. :spin

:lol It's not as bad as Umbrella though.

SpursWoman
08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
:lol It's not as bad as Umbrella though.

My daughter and I like that song, too ... much to User's dismay. Although he has some pretty funny alternative lyrics for it. :lol

ashbeeigh
08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
My daughter and I like that song, too ... much to User's dismay. Although he has some pretty funny alternative lyrics for it. :lol

It was our theme song at our church over the summer. Seeing 40 1st through 5th graders singing "Under my umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh-eh" through the pouring Dallas rain in June was hilarious. It got old but it was hilarious none the less.

atxrocker
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
this song was the summer anthem for 10 year old girls everywhere. it's got to be one of my most hated songs of recent years.

SpursWoman
08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
London Bridge is much worse. Sorry.

T Park
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
its a song about a guy that misses his girl who moved away.

is life really that perfect your complaining about a song?

Christ...

monosylab1k
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
i wholeheartedly agree with this. if you think any other song is the worst song ever, you're forgetting that Fergie makes music.

jman3000
the song sucks giant ass balls.

ATRAIN

Christ...

That guy needs to grow some balls and YES IM COMPLAINING!! IT SUCKS ASS and I hate that its all over the radio!!

Mixability
08-02-2007, 02:33 PM

London Bridge = Hollaback Girl

:pctoss

monosylab1k
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
London Bridge = Hollaback Girl

:pctoss
i realize that this is comparing horse shit with dog shit, but Gwen Stefani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fergie.

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 02:36 PM
i wholeheartedly agree with this. if you think any other song is the worst song ever, you're forgetting that Fergie makes music.

well I never hear her music because I dont listen to pop stations, the thing about this Delilah song is that they play it on rock stations so yeah i have to change the station and its annoying cause they play it at least every hour.

jman3000
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
tis why God invented the cd player.

jman3000
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
or for you youngsters, the "mp3 player"

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM
or for you youngsters, the "mp3 player"

I have a MP3 cd player in the car and a Ipod, but I do enjoy the radio from time to time....PLUS when in the car with others they use the radio

CuckingFunt
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I have a MP3 cd player in the car and a Ipod, but I do enjoy the radio from time to time....PLUS when in the car with others they use the radioClear Channel ruined radio. And MTV ruined videos. And the only station I like on XM is available on the internet only.

My iPod rules all.

atxrocker
08-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Christ...

just admit that you like it and get back to eating your 4 patty whopper and spare us your bullshit for the love of god.

JMarkJohns
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm starting to dislike the theme to "Fresh Prince" ... can't really put my finger as to why, but I'm sure I'll find another reason or two by the end of the day :rolleyes

Mixability
08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
i realize that this is comparing horse shit with dog shit, but Gwen Stefani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fergie.

The fact that you've listened to both enough to be able to differentiate and compare, makes me feel sorry for you.

JMarkJohns
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I remember when Stafani was fronting No Doubt. Pre-Tragic Kingdom. She was freakin' awesome. I remember how cool she still was even with the success of TK. Then it all went downhill...

What the hell happened?

Mixability
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
What the hell happened?

MTV

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
As much as I hate Fergie, Hey There Delilah beats all her songs in being gay.

monosylab1k
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
The fact that you've listened to both enough to be able to differentiate and compare, makes me feel sorry for you.
it saddens me, too.

http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/e/cash-hurt-still.jpg
"What Have I Become?"

BeerIsGood!
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM
That song makes me yearn for the summer of hearing Wild, Wild, West followed by Livin' La Vida Loca at least 4 times an hour, every hour (I worked at a place that had the radio on all day on the top 40 station). I believe that was the summer of '99

ashbeeigh
08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
That song makes me yearn for the summer of hearing Wild, Wild, West followed by Livin' La Vida Loca at least 4 times an hour, every hour (I worked at a place that had the radio on all day on the top 40 station). I believe that was the summer of '99

You're right. It was '99. Freshman year of high school for me. :)

ATRAIN
08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
what about who let the dogs out and mambo number 5. Both were lyrically retarted, but I would take those anyday over this Delilah SHIT!!

u2sarajevo
08-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Here's a stumper, what would you pick:

Wet T-Shirts singing the gay Delilah song OR Barney singing his gay "I love you" song?

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Here's a stumper, what would you pick:

Wet T-Shirts singing the gay Delilah song OR Barney singing his gay "I love you" song?

Barney hands down