PDA

View Full Version : vince young fighting at practice...

johngateswhiteley
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
...how come nobody is talking about this?

apparently, vince young went fisticuffs with a DB whom he thought hit his WR too hard at practice today.

atxrocker
08-02-2007, 07:36 PM
because vy is a serious competitor and practice got heated. in the post interview it was obvious that it was a heat of the moment sort of thing. can't hate on being a passionate player now can you, jgw?

NorCal510wned
08-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm passionate about p.a.t.'s

johngateswhiteley
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
can't hate on being a passionate player now can you, jgw?

of course not, and i wasn't there nor do i know what happened. i thought some of the t-sips on this board would be talking about it though...or the vyoung haters.

Fillmoe
08-02-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ofmo_vince-young-pimp-slaps-db_sport

stretch
08-03-2007, 06:26 AM

apparently, vince young went fisticuffs with a DB whom he thought hit his WR too hard at practice today.
first off, that wasnt even a fight, you dumb fuck.

second, if you knew shit about football, you would know that stuff like that happens on a very regular basis, but doesnt mean a thing.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 07:07 AM
first off, that wasnt even a fight, you dumb fuck.

second, if you knew shit about football, you would know that stuff like that happens on a very regular basis, but doesnt mean a thing.

Yeah JGW, take that.

Stretch played four years of High School Football, so he "knows shit about football".

BeerIsGood!
08-03-2007, 07:30 AM
That was a very nice open handed push to a no-name DB's face mask. I enjoyed it.

monosylab1k
08-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah JGW, take that.

Stretch played four years of High School Football, so he "knows shit about football".
did he say anything that wasn't true?

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 07:58 AM
did he say anything that wasn't true?

I just get tired of hearing people talk about how they "know football" when most likely they never played beyond high school.

monosylab1k
08-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I just get tired of hearing people talk about how they "know football" when most likely they never played beyond high school.
and you don't "know football" if you've played/watched it all your life? you have to be a professional?

so unless you're a professional chess player, you don't "know chess"?

BeerIsGood!
08-03-2007, 08:09 AM

There are a ton of great coaches in every sport that never played beyond high school, or never even played high school. They obviously "know" their sport, so it's very possible to "know" a sport without playing college or pro ball

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 08:10 AM
and you don't "know football" if you've played/watched it all your life? you have to be a professional?

so unless you're a professional chess player, you don't "know chess"?

There are a ton of great coaches in every sport that never played beyond high school, or never even played high school. They obviously "know" their sport, so it's very possible to "know" a sport without playing college or pro ball

Alright, alright, both good points. You guys are right.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Having said that, just because JGW doesn't like VInce Young, doesn't mean he doesn't "know football".

Not everyone has to agree with Texans on everything that is or has been Texas football.

BeerIsGood!
08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Having said that, just because JGW doesn't like VInce Young, doesn't mean he doesn't "know football".

Not everyone has to agree with Texans on everything that is or has been Texas football.

He seems to know football pretty well, but his VY hate can be entertaining and far reaching at times. Maybe it's because football season hasn't gotten going yet, but he seems a lot more toned down than last year. Hopefully that won't last long.

DarkReign
08-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Personally, I dont see how anyone could not like VY. Im a Michigan fan, and that guy single-handedly beat the entire Michigan squad. I know that doesnt mean much considering Michigan absolutely sucks outside the Big 10, but watching that performance was just...well, I have never seen anything like it before.

Ive been a VY fan since. Hope he does well this season, rookie QBs rarely do well.

stretch
08-03-2007, 08:57 AM

Well, if stats means more than winning (which he has clearly proven he would rather have good stats than wins), then you dont know football. Anyone that knows football knows that winning is all that matters. Dan Marino has all the stats in the world, but guess what? He will never be considered amongst the highest caliber QBs such as Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman, because those players didnt only have solid stats... they had RINGS.

Now, back to the topic... his dislike for Vince had nothing to do with me saying that he doesnt know football on this topic. It had to do with the fact that he thinks its some huge deal that VY smacked a DB, who was out of line with that hit to begin with. It is VY's team, and its his job to make sure they dont do stupid stuff like that, especially considering how crappy his WR core already is. The last thing they need is more injuries. But the fact is, altercations like this happen on a regular basis in practices and training camps. Ask any NFL player. It always happens, but doesnt really mean much of anything. I bet Matt Leinart has gotten into a few altercations himself as well. But it doesnt matter, because it happens from time to time.

samikeyp
08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Dan Marino has all the stats in the world, but guess what? He will never be considered amongst the highest caliber QBs such as Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman, because those players didnt only have solid stats... they had RINGS.

Actually I have heard more than one analyst refer to Marino as one of the best ever. I don't think he was the best ever but a lot of people consider him as such based on his stats. Its all a matter of opinion, really. I think he is one of the best ever and I am as Cowboy blue as you can get. Although I do agree with you about winning...fairly or not, that is how athletes are judged. However, I don't think stats should be the "end all, be all" of what determines who is great or not. You can't always just go on titles either. Jeff Hostetler took over for Phil Simms and led the Giants to the win in Super Bowl 25. He has a ring and Marino doesn't so does that mean he is better than Marino? I don't think so and most people would agree. Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams and Jim McMahon all won rings and I wouldn't put them ahead of Marino either. I think what you said was true, solid career and a ring. I think in Marino's case, he still can be considered an elite QB but with a big hole in his resume.

Just my .02

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I still say that the Texans should've drafted Vince Young.

Biggest mistake ever.

stretch
08-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Actually I have heard more than one analyst refer to Marino as one of the best ever. I don't think he was the best ever but a lot of people consider him as such based on his stats. Its all a matter of opinion, really. I think he is one of the best ever and I am as Cowboy blue as you can get. Although I do agree with you about winning...fairly or not, that is how athletes are judged. However, I don't think stats should be the "end all, be all" of what determines who is great or not. You can't always just go on titles either. Jeff Hostetler took over for Phil Simms and led the Giants to the win in Super Bowl 25. He has a ring and Marino doesn't so does that mean he is better than Marino? I don't think so and most people would agree. Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams and Jim McMahon all won rings and I wouldn't put them ahead of Marino either. I think what you said was true, solid career and a ring. I think in Marino's case, he still can be considered an elite QB but with a big hole in his resume.

Just my .02

Don't get me wrong, he is among the best QBs ever. But not at the level of guys like Montana, Elway, Aikman, and Young, like i said, because those guys not only had solid stats, they had rings. And not once did i say that rings instantly makes you better than Marino either. I'm not sure what the point of this post was, considering not one part of my post argued any point you made, but rather was in agreement with them.

Vince Young makes plays and wins games for his team. I'll take 8 wins, 4 of them being comebacks, over an extra few points on my QB rating and 3 more losses any day.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
It had to do with the fact that he thinks its some huge deal that VY smacked a DB, who was out of line with that hit to begin with

Really?

And:

of course not, and i wasn't there nor do i know what happened. i thought some of the t-sips on this board would be talking about it though...or the vyoung haters.

Hardly seems like he was making a "huge deal" out of it like you said he was. See, this is my problem. Whenever anyone says anything, it doesn't even have to be negative, about anything Texas, then Texans get all up in arms about it.

J.T.
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I know Football because I spend an inordinate amount of time playing Madden.

gtownspur
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Dallas UT fans = fags.

Token Black
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a race card and I'm not afraid to use it

stretch
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Really?

And:

Hardly seems like he was making a "huge deal" out of it like you said he was. See, this is my problem. Whenever anyone says anything, it doesn't even have to be negative, about anything Texas, then Texans get all up in arms about it.
You just love to be ignorant, don't you?

And I honestly dont care about people saying negative things about Texas. I don't care if anyone says anything about Texas, period. Not sure where you got that idea.

stretch
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Dallas UT fans = fags.
San Antonio residents/fans = fags.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
:lol

samikeyp
08-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, he is among the best QBs ever. But not at the level of guys like Montana, Elway, Aikman, and Young, like i said, because those guys not only had solid stats, they had rings. And not once did i say that rings instantly makes you better than Marino either. I'm not sure what the point of this post was, considering not one part of my post argued any point you made, but rather was in agreement with them.

Vince Young makes plays and wins games for his team. I'll take 8 wins, 4 of them being comebacks, over an extra few points on my QB rating and 3 more losses any day.

And not once did I say you said rings instantly makes anyone better than Marino.

The point of this post...well, its a message board which is a place to express your opinion which is what I did. So if I am not arguing with someone, I can't express my opinion?

Vince Young makes plays and wins games for his team. I'll take 8 wins, 4 of them being comebacks, over an extra few points on my QB rating and 3 more losses any day

This I agree with. I would rather have wins.

gtownspur
08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I have a race card and I'm not afraid to use it

I didn't know mouse was black.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
You just love to be ignorant, don't you?

And I honestly dont care about people saying negative things about Texas. I don't care if anyone says anything about Texas, period. Not sure where you got that idea.

Explain where I was ignorant.

Then explain where JGW made a "huge deal" out of this.

You throw around insults constantly but you don't back any of your shit up. "You're ignorant", really, why?

stretch
08-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Explain where I was ignorant.

Then explain where JGW made a "huge deal" out of this.

You throw around insults constantly but you don't back any of your shit up. "You're ignorant", really, why?
Obviously ignorant to the fact that JGW quite often says brainless stuff about VY, and takes shots at him in any way possible. common sense would lead one to believe that with JGW's history, this thread about a meaningless minor altercation that he called a "fight" and that he engaged in "fisticuffs", was made to be a shot at VY, when all he did was yell and smack a dudes helmet for doing something out of line, which happens all the freakin time.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Obviously ignorant to the fact that JGW quite often says brainless stuff about VY, and takes shots at him in any way possible. common sense would lead one to believe that with JGW's history, this thread about a meaningless minor altercation that he called a "fight" and that he engaged in "fisticuffs", was made to be a shot at VY, when all he did was yell and smack a dudes helmet for doing something out of line, which happens all the freakin time.

None of that stuff is really that obvious dude.

And as far as this thread being meaningless, please go through all the NFL threads and tell me which one's are or aren't meaningless since you are the authority on what should matter to everyone.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2007, 05:26 PM
That hit was uncalled for, and Vince is without a doubt the leader of the team. Colour me misinformed but a leader should set the tone for what is and is not called for in a practice session or any situation for that matter.

2centsworth
08-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Stretch, you won the argument IMO. Why would anyone make a big deal out of a fight in football practice? BTW, I totally argee with you in saying that JW doesn't know football. Plus, John Smith made it plainly obvious he never played football but somehow he knows a lot about the sport.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Stretch, you won the argument IMO. Why would anyone make a big deal out of a fight in football practice? BTW, I totally argee with you in saying that JW doesn't know football. Plus, John Smith made it plainly obvious he never played football but somehow he knows a lot about the sport.

:rolleyes

stretch
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
None of that stuff is really that obvious dude.

And as far as this thread being meaningless, please go through all the NFL threads and tell me which one's are or aren't meaningless since you are the authority on what should matter to everyone.
I never called it a meaningless thread. I called the altercation meaningless. Try reading the posts before replying, dumbshit.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I never called it a meaningless thread. I called the altercation meaningless. Try reading the posts before replying, dumbshit.

Fuck, you're right.

Back to football season.

chode_regulator
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
well i think everyone is dumb

im obviously the only person on here who knows anything about football, or baseball, or basketball. really just sports in general.

im not sure why yall are arguing, you might as well just sit back and agree wtih whatever i say all the tiem and not have your own opinion. bc honestly if you have an opinion and its different than mine, it just means youre dumb

midgetonadonkey
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I still say that the Texans should've drafted Vince Young.

Biggest mistake ever.

Vince Young has the intelligence level of a retarded 2 year old. Fuck him. He couldn't read a defense if it was presented to him in braille.

That's what a UT education will get you.

John Patrick
08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
that is one fast retard.

John Patrick
08-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Vince Young has the intelligence level of a retarded 2 year old. Fuck him. He couldn't read a defense if it was presented to him in braille.

presented in braille.....

i probably couldnt read that either..

T Park
08-05-2007, 02:46 AM
Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schuab

BeerIsGood!
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM

:lol Texans fans green with jealousy at the man they passed up who led the shitty Titans to a respectable record. How's that pussy Mario Williams working out for ya?

leemajors
08-05-2007, 11:18 AM

he was lucky the texans weren't playing anything resembling defense on the final play of the texans/titans game last year then.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Dan Marino has all the stats in the world, but guess what? He will never be considered amongst the highest caliber QBs such as Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman, because those players didnt only have solid stats... they had RINGS.

I don't think anyone would say Aikman is better than Marino. Football isn't a one-man sport. Marino is probably better than all of those quarterbacks. Just because his team couldn't get it done doesn't mean much. Not in football. The only player I've ever seen lift an entire football team on his back, has been Barry Sanders.

DNS Error
08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
A certain game here in SoCal a year ago comes to mind...

the same dude will look to do it again this year with less help than last year..

TheAuthority
08-06-2007, 06:46 AM
A certain game here in SoCal a year ago comes to mind...

the same dude will look to do it again this year with less help than last year..

Is LaDanian Tomlinson who you're talking about? I hope I'm wrong. So wait... he didn't play on a team with a good defense... Antonio Gates... Philip Rivers... great special teams...? I mean, that argument makes no sense at all. lol

monosylab1k
08-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Is LaDanian Tomlinson who you're talking about? I hope I'm wrong. So wait... he didn't play on a team with a good defense... Antonio Gates... Philip Rivers... great special teams...? I mean, that argument makes no sense at all. lol
I think he's talking about Vince Young single-handedly beating USC's ass, but that was well over a year ago.