PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys suck!!

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Who else hates the stupid cowboys here? This thread is dedicated to O-factor (da suns fan wannabe) since he invaded our TEXANS forum!!

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
The Texans suck ass.

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
The Texans suck ass.

yeah Im not denying that but at least im not delusional like the stupid O-factor

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
yeah Im not denying that but at least im not delusional like the stupid O-factor

But, the Texans still suck ass.

johnsmith
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll always have a warm place in my heart for the Texans ever since they beat the Cowboys in their first game.

Which reminds me, why is San Antonio a Dallas Cowboys town but a Houston Astros town for baseball.

Bandwagoning at it's best?

J.T.
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Forever playing for 2nd place in the AFC South.

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I'll always have a warm place in my heart for the Texans ever since they beat the Cowboys in their first game.

Which reminds me, why is San Antonio a Dallas Cowboys town but a Houston Astros town for baseball.

Bandwagoning at it's best?

Because they dont have a pro baseball and pro football team. Also the cowboys have been around longer so most of Texas supports them.

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
But, the Texans still suck ass.

Yeah I know, but the cowboys aint much to look at either!!

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah I know, but the cowboys aint much to look at either!!

Oooooooo, you just started something here.

Tell you what, why don't we make this interesting.

Since you're saying that "the Cowboys aint much to look at", let's make a public wager, if you're willing to back up what you say that is.

I'll bet you $100 that the Cowboys will have a better season than your piece of shit Texans.

J.T.
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Since you're saying that "the Cowboys aint much to look at", let's make a public wager, if you're willing to back up what you say that is.

I'll bet you $100 that the Cowboys will have a better season than your piece of shit Texans.

Put me down for 10 million on Dallas.

Token Black
08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
The Cowboys this year are a 50x better team than the Texans. The Cowboys are a legit Superbowl contender while the Texans are still trying to find a line that wont "Carr" the new quarterback

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM

LOL hummm well considering that we have a new QB and new RB, I am on the losing side of this bet...........YOUR ON MOTHER FUCKER!!!

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
LOL hummm well considering that we have a new QB and new RB, I am on the losing side of this bet...........YOUR ON MOTHER FUCKER!!!

All right, I'll send you my mailing address later.

Just write out the check and send it to me now.
I'll also accept a payment plan.

How many cases of beer can I buy with that??

God damn, you and Midge are really helping with my alcohol addiction.

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:34 AM
All right, I'll send you my mailing address later.

Just write out the check and send it to me now.
I'll also accept a payment plan.

How many cases of beer can I buy with that??

God damn, you and Midge are really helping with my alcohol addiction.

oh yeah I have a gambling addiction so thats the only reason I took the bet hahaha

peewee's lovechild
08-03-2007, 11:36 AM
oh yeah I have a gambling addiction so thats the only reason I took the bet hahaha

Thank god for gambling addiction.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Who else hates the stupid cowboys here? This thread is dedicated to O-factor (da suns fan wannabe) since he invaded our TEXANS forum!!

HAHAHA Just like a pussy to talk shit to someone who isn't online......Hey remember when the Astros got sweept by Chicago in the World Series. I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:51 AM

What am i delusional about, that the Cowboys are a SUPERIOR team??? Is that what Im delusional about.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Because they dont have a pro baseball and pro football team. Also the cowboys have been around longer so most of Texas supports them.

Most of Texas also likes to be winners Bandwagoner! Thats why they are Cowboys fans EVERYWHERE!

John Patrick
08-03-2007, 11:53 AM
SA a Stros town?

You learn something new everyday..

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:54 AM
HAHAHA Just like a pussy to talk shit to someone who isn't online......Hey remember when the Astros got sweept by Chicago in the World Series. I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just like a troll to bring up something off topic to try to piss people off.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM

200 dollars bitch, put your money where your pussy faced mouth is. Come on you have a gambling addiction(:lmao) right. My guess is you are too pussy to take my bet Bandwagoner.

peewee's lovechild
This is getting good.

peewee's lovechild
200 dollars bitch, put your money where your pussy faced mouth is. Come on you have a gambling addiction(:lmao) right. My guess is you are too pussy to take my bet Bandwagoner.

You're moving onto my territory here.

I'm cleaning his bank account.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I was thinking the other day when we swept Cleveland about how the Astros got swept, :lmao

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Yeah Ofactor it was a A and B conversation so GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:57 AM

then I guess I'll settle for sloppy seconds then, his piggy bank account or something like that

ATRAIN
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I was thinking the other day when we swept Cleveland about how the Astros got swept, :lmao

Its funny how you dont care about baseball yet you comment on it. You talk about Bandwagon, how about when the stros were playing a series against the Rockies and you were going for them, what would you call that?

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah Ofactor it was a A and B conversation so GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE

What the fuck are you 7 years old, That was funny Bandwagoner. Keep embarassing yourself, it makes me laugh.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Its funny how you dont care about baseball yet you comment on it. You talk about Bandwagon, how about when the stros were playing a series against the Rockies and you were going for them, what would you call that?

I would call it making fun of you

samikeyp
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
So because I grew up in a town without a pro football team and I root for a team from a different city and have stuck with that team for 30 years through bad seasons and good, I am a bandwagoner?

Fuck you.

O-Factor
08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
So because I grew up in a town without a pro football team and I root for a team from a different city and have stuck with that team for 30 years through bad seasons and good, I am a bandwagoner?

Fuck you.

No that makes you a true fan, like most of us here.

mardigan
08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
This thread is unacceptable

johnsmith
08-04-2007, 10:38 AM

Fuck you.

No, I'm talking about the baseball part of it really. I understand that SA is a Cowboys town, and always will be. But then why do far more SA residents root for the Astros?

My guess is that if the Rangers ever become good, SA will suddenly become a Texas Rangers town.

Bandwagoner.

StylisticS
08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
No, I'm talking about the baseball part of it really. I understand that SA is a Cowboys town, and always will be. But then why do far more SA residents root for the Astros?

My guess is that if the Rangers ever become good, SA will suddenly become a Texas Rangers town.

Bandwagoner.

The Astros captured the hearts of San Antonians moreso than the Rangers have is my assumption. I wouldn't throw out that bandwagon term so loosley unless the Rangers actually do win. Though I will say, there are many Ranger fans in San Antonio. But south Texas historically has always favored the Houston Astros and have been a bit more successful even w/o having a world series ring between the two franchises. Not to mention that the Astros were in Texas 7 years before the Rangers came here from Washington.

samikeyp
08-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Bandwagoner.

I think in the case of baseball, its all about proximity for a lot of people. However, even living in SA for as long as I did, I really didn't root for one over the other. Then again, I am not a huge baseball fan so I can't speak for those who are.

Melmart1
08-04-2007, 10:44 PM

Bandwagoner.
I am not a bandwagoner, and all these Rangers "fans" who will come out of the woodwork when they do become good in a few years can all kiss my white-looking Mexican ass.

Also, where the fuck are all these Rangers fans in SA that someone mentioned earlier? I only know one other one besides myself. Everyone else I know is either Astros/Texans fans or JUST a Cowboys fan. I only know one other Cowboys/Rangers fan besides myself who is also a Spurs fan.

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't think San Antonio actually has a baseball team that is followed by the majority of the City's populace. I think most folks see baseball as something that takes place between the NBA playoffs and the beginning of two-a-days. I actually don't know too many native San Antonians who are as passionate about baseball as they are about the NBA or the NFL.

BeerIsGood!
08-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Don't they show primarily Astro's games on TV on FSN Southwest in SA? I know when I visit my parents there is never a Rangers game on TV. Most of the time that is who you root for - the team you can watch.

Melmart1
08-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't they show primarily Astro's games on TV on FSN Southwest in SA? I know when I visit my parents there is never a Rangers game on TV. Most of the time that is who you root for - the team you can watch.
Yeah, but at least they have the Rangers on the alternate channel 50, and on channel 4 on occasion. Except for the other day, when they had the Astros on FSN AND the alternate channel!!! As if it's not hard enough to be a Rangers fan, then they have to go and add insult to injury. :lol

I still want to know where these SA Rangers fans are. I think they are mostly myth.

Melmart1
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Speaking of insult to injury, they have yet to start showing the Rangers game on channel 50. But the Astros game started right on time on FSN :rolleyes And there is a 35 minute wait to talk to someone about it at TWC. Jerks!

jaespur21
08-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Exactly. plus i believe they used to, or mayb still do, show them on CW. use to be UPN. Ive Seen mayb parts of a Astros game here and there over the years but i wouldnt say im a fan but if I EVER went to a baseball game it would be a Astros game since i have friends in HTOWN.

My 5 brothers n I are born Cowboys fans. and sayin the Cowboys suck is stupid hate all u want ill still Root for them. and the texans i dont even have to say anything bout that

Bigzax
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Go Skins!

i don't really care about the cowboys, but 88 had a nice speech yesterday. props to him.

leemajors
08-06-2007, 12:08 AM
was it bigzax or manny sporting the skins theismann jersey and spear logo cap at boys training camp today?

Loose Cannon
08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
The Cowboys are a legit Superbowl contender

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/3636/redxmarkmi2.jpg

samikeyp
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
The Cowboys are a legit Superbowl contender

In the NFC, isn't everybody? :)

Loose Cannon
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
No.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
NFC blows; Cowboys legit contender

SAtown
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
So should we tell Laredo, Corpus, and all of the other NBA-less cities to fuck off and not root for the Spurs anymore?

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I bet on Astros and Ranger games frequently and because of that I end up watching them alot on TV. I don't think that makes me a fan of the teams necessarily but I do watch them. As for the cowboys, I hate them and I always have. I think it is Jerry Jones and the cowboys who have kept San Antonio out of the league for so long and I look forward to the day that a San Antonio team beats the shit out of the cowboys at the new Texas Stadium.

Until then it's: Hail To The Redskins!!!

samikeyp
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
So should we tell Laredo, Corpus, and all of the other NBA-less cities to fuck off and not root for the Spurs anymore?

According to some, yes.

I think there was some misunderstanding by some people. You are not a bandwagoner if you live in SA and you root for the Cowboys, you are a bandwagoner if you start jumping ship and root just for winning teams.

Something I have said many times on this site....a true fan stays with their team no matter what. I have more respect for fans of teams I dislike who stay with their team through good and bad times than I do fans of my teams who just hang on in the good times.

samikeyp
08-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I think it is Jerry Jones and the cowboys who have kept San Antonio out of the league for so long and I look forward to the day that a San Antonio team beats the shit out of the cowboys at the new Texas Stadium.

Sadly, its more TV market than anything. Jerry doesn't have the kind of power to determine who gets franchises. Especially with all the times and ways he has pissed off the NFL. :)

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Sadly, its more TV market than anything. Jerry doesn't have the kind of power to determine who gets franchises. Especially with all the times and ways he has pissed off the NFL. :)

That's actually good to hear. If Jones cannot keep a team out of San Antonio then I'm sure we'll get a team eventually. As the 29th largest metro area now and growing rapidly I can see this TV market getting a franchise very soon. Especially if you consider that Austin would be considered apart of our market. I see San Antonio having a team within 3-5 years imho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio

samikeyp
08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I hope so and I agree it should a Austin-SA market. I think a team could survive in SA if it is marketed regionally. The team will have San Antonio on it but it could be South Texas' team.

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I hope so and I agree it should a Austin-SA market. I think a team could survive in SA if it is marketed regionally. The team will have San Antonio on it but it could be South Texas' team.

Exactly. And that is probably what the league envisions this area being. A singular market for one team which would also include the entire South Texas region.

mardigan
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Dont know if it would ever work with a team in SA.
I remember when the Saints were thinking of moving here, and Fox was going to televise their games instead of the Boys, and everyone flipped shit. People in SA just love the Cowboys to much. As much as I love San Antonio, if they got a football team, I would root for them, except when they played the Cowboys.

peewee's lovechild
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
The Washington Foreskins will be humiliated this year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-06-2007, 08:43 PM
:lmao Foreskins

leemajors
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
having a team in SA would suck ass. especially with networks only able to show 1 or 2 games a week. you're gonna end up pissing off every texan and cowboy fan that lives outside of houston or san antonio by being forced to show SA games every week.

Fillmoe
08-06-2007, 09:51 PM
best thread ever

peewee's lovechild
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
having a team in SA would suck ass. especially with networks only able to show 1 or 2 games a week. you're gonna end up pissing off every texan and cowboy fan that lives outside of houston or san antonio by being forced to show SA games every week.

That's why you get the NFL Sunday Ticket.

leemajors
08-06-2007, 10:35 PM
That's why you get the NFL Sunday Ticket.
i have time warner. i'm not interested in paying for sunday ticket and switching to directv. i have been able to watch cowboys games for 30 years on local tv, and there is no reason that should change.

peewee's lovechild
08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
i have time warner. i'm not interested in paying for sunday ticket and switching to directv. i have been able to watch cowboys games for 30 years on local tv, and there is no reason that should change.

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM

You'd better get used to watching the cowpigs on Sunday Ticket soon because that is the way it's going to be. Nothing lasts forever including Dallas' domination of this market. When San Antonio gets it's team you can either get Sunday Ticket or move to Dallas.

leemajors
08-06-2007, 11:43 PM
You'd better get used to watching the cowpigs on Sunday Ticket soon because that is the way it's going to be. Nothing lasts forever including Dallas' domination of this market. When San Antonio gets it's team you can either get Sunday Ticket or move to Dallas.
san antonio doesn't need a team. if anything the NFL should contract a team or two. the alamodome had 3-4 times as many people in it watching dallas training camp as they did for the alamodome title celebration for the spurs - i was at both.

bresilhac
08-07-2007, 03:11 AM
san antonio doesn't need a team. if anything the NFL should contract a team or two. the alamodome had 3-4 times as many people in it watching dallas training camp as they did for the alamodome title celebration for the spurs - i was at both.

How can you say that San Antonio doesn't need a team? This is the most sports starved area in the country. We've got no pro football team, no major college football team and no major league baseball. This region is ripe for an NFL team. And contrary to what you brainwashed Cowboy fans may think not everyone in San Antonio is a Dallas fan myself included.

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM

San Antonio would have an instant fan base from Austin all the way down to the Valley. And, since it isn't a long distance to travel, people from all over that region would flock to the Alamodome to watch a game.

leemajors
08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
San Antonio would have an instant fan base from Austin all the way down to the Valley. And, since it isn't a long distance to travel, people from all over that region would flock to the Alamodome to watch a game.
the NFL wouldn't bring a team to San Antonio to play in the Alamodome. Why, when you can put a team in a city willing to build a brand new state of the art stadium?

leemajors
08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
the instant fan base theory hasn't panned out very well for the texans quite yet.

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 09:13 AM
the instant fan base theory hasn't panned out very well for the texans quite yet.

Don't say that Midge or Atrain.

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
the NFL wouldn't bring a team to San Antonio to play in the Alamodome. Why, when you can put a team in a city willing to build a brand new state of the art stadium?

Name me one city that is willing to do that, just one!!

L.A. withdrew from NFL considerations because they didn't want to build a new stadium. Minnesota still hasn't approved Ziggy Wolf's plea for a new stadium.

Fucking Jerry "motherfucking" Jones had to shop several cities until one finally decided to say yes, and only after he promised to put down some money himslef!!

You don't know what you're talking about.

leemajors
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Name me one city that is willing to do that, just one!!

L.A. withdrew from NFL considerations because they didn't want to build a new stadium. Minnesota still hasn't approved Ziggy Wolf's plea for a new stadium.

Fucking Jerry "motherfucking" Jones had to shop several cities until one finally decided to say yes, and only after he promised to put down some money himslef!!

You don't know what you're talking about.
i just don't think the NFL wants to give a new franchise a ten year old stadium. i already think the NFL should contract. hell, every major sport should contract a few teams.

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
i just don't think the NFL wants to give a new franchise a ten year old stadium. i already think the NFL should contract. hell, every major sport should contract a few teams.

And yet, they were willing to send a franchise to L.A. wich has a much, much, much older stadium.

mardigan
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Maybe, maybe not. It would take years for a team in SA to turn the Cowboys fans, a lot of people me included have been Boys fans all are lives. Not saying it wouldnt work, but to say it would for sure isnt a certainty either.

mardigan
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
And yet, they were willing to send a franchise to L.A. wich has a much, much, much older stadium.
And a much, much bigger fanbase, not to mention a lot more money.

BeerIsGood!
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I grew up in south Texas and there is no way in hell I would cheer for any new team over the Cowboys. Ever. They would probably become my 2nd favorite team that I would watch on TV occassionally if they were any good, but no way I spend my money on merch or tickets to see them play... unless they're playing the Cowboys.

I would suspect most Cowboy fans in south Texas would feel similar.

O-Factor
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe, maybe not. It would take years for a team in SA to turn the Cowboys fans, a lot of people me included have been Boys fans all are lives. Not saying it wouldnt work, but to say it would for sure isnt a certainty either.

I agree, you can't turn Cowboys fans....but a team in SA could easily convert Texan fans all over outside of Houston.

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
And a much, much bigger fanbase, not to mention a lot more money.

Can an L.A. fanbase rival that of the entire Southern Region of Texas?

L.A. has to compete against San Francisco, Oakland, and San Diego.

mardigan
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Can an L.A. fanbase rival that of the entire Southern Region of Texas?

L.A. has to compete against San Francisco, Oakland, and San Diego.
LA is like the 2nd biggest city in the US, I think they will be alright, doesnt affect them in other sports

kskonn
08-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Actually I don't remember where I read this, but I believe the Mayor of san Antonio had said that they would consider putting a state of the art Football complex in San Antonio to get a team. I believe they were considering putting it out by the Missions stadium. In my opionion that would be a very good location.

peewee's lovechild
08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
LA is like the 2nd biggest city in the US, I think they will be alright, doesnt affect them in other sports

It obviously affected them in football.

They had two teams and both of them just went away.

You're not making much of a point.

StylisticS
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Austin? I disagree. If there is any city outside of Dallas and North Texas that supports the team heavily in the state of Texas, it's Austin. So many North Texans live in Dallas and they also have a history with Austin. As been already stated in this thread, it's hard to turn a Cowboy fan into another fan of a team. Even with Houston coming in 2002, Austin was still heavily favored to the Dallas Cowboys. With that said, even though Austin still loves the Cowboys, they do not pay attention to them more than they do the Longhorns and that never will change.

peewee's lovechild
08-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Austin? I disagree. If there is any city outside of Dallas and North Texas that supports the team heavily in the state of Texas, it's Austin. So many North Texans live in Dallas and they also have a history with Austin. As been already stated in this thread, it's hard to turn a Cowboy fan into another fan of a team. Even with Houston coming in 2002, Austin was still heavily favored to the Dallas Cowboys. With that said, even though Austin still loves the Cowboys, they do not pay attention to them more than they do the Longhorns and that never will change.

So, you're telling me that the people of Austin wouldn't go to a PRO football game taking place in a city just under one hour away???

Come on man!!!

You know better than that.

If San Antonio were to get a football team, people from Austin, Corpus Christi, Kingsville, and The Valley (Brownsville, Olmito, Los Fresnos, Harlingen, Rio Hondo, McAllen, Raymondville, etc.) would come flocking to San Antonio to see the games.

StylisticS
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
You can probably still get some people from Austin no doubt. It's much closer to San Antonio obviously. But I still believe it will solidly be a Cowboy town. Not to mention that many won't drive to San Antonio anyway because they spent most of their money going to Longhorn games the day before. :lol

San Antonio deserves a team, no doubt. This is Texas after all. But if they get a team, the entire state will still be heavily favored to the Cowboys. Don't let some of these Texan fans fool you either. Houston still has thousands of Cowboy fans in it as well.

kskonn
08-09-2007, 04:58 PM
You can probably still get some people from Austin no doubt. It's much closer to San Antonio obviously. But I still believe it will solidly be a Cowboy town. Not to mention that many won't drive to San Antonio anyway because they spent most of their money going to Longhorn games the day before. :lol

San Antonio deserves a team, no doubt. This is Texas after all. But if they get a team, the entire state will still be heavily favored to the Cowboys. Don't let some of these Texan fans fool you either. Houston still has thousands of Cowboy fans in it as well.

I agree with this, I think San Antonio could easily support a team, I would porbably go to some games, but ultimately I would still be a cowboys fan.

peewee's lovechild
08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree with this, I think San Antonio could easily support a team, I would porbably go to some games, but ultimately I would still be a cowboys fan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard Cowboy fan. But, I'd support a San Antonio team. That is, until they play the Cowboys.