PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Is A Bad Teammate?

ducks
12-10-2004, 03:05 PM
headlines says kobe is a badteamate

would like to read it

please post it

:smokin

ducks
12-10-2004, 03:09 PM
here is part of it but I can not get the rest
Thursday, December 9, 2004

By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

Chad Ford's Chat Wrap with SportsNation on Thursday

What were the Lakers thinking this summer when they let Kobe Bryant dictate whom the team acquired in the offseason?

Everyone knows they were desperate to re-sign Bryant, but once you give up that type of power to a player, he isn't giving it back.

Since making his free agent power play this summer, Kobe already has helped exile Shaquille O'Neal, Gary Payton and Derek Fisher. Kareem Rush was given away last week for two second-round picks.

Tuesday, Bryant nailed the door shut on a Karl Malone return to the Lakers.

In a radio interview, Bryant said he didn't think Malone was coming back, then criticized the Mailman for leaving the team up in the air.

"It's not really fair to hold it over the guys' heads that are here," Bryant said. "The guys that we have here are working hard, practicing hard every day. It's kind of tough for them to be looking over their shoulder, wondering if he's going to come back and then everybody is going to disappear.

"It's really not fair for us to sit around and speculate how long this is going to go on. I mean, you can't sit up here and speculate for the remainder of the season whether or not he is going to come back. I mean, that's not fair to the guys that are working here."

“ I get the feeling that everyone there is pretty miserable. I know [my client] wants out and he claims others do too. It's hard enough to have a coach on you all the time, but then when a player is doing it, too, it's just too much. ”
—An agent of an unhappy teammate of Kobe Bryant's
Oh, the hypocrisy. Wasn't it Bryant who held his impending free agency over the heads of the entire organization last year? Wasn't everyone looking over their shoulders wondering if Bryant was going to bolt to the Clippers? Maybe Malone isn't the player the Lakers need right now, but Bryant shouldn't be the one making that decision or delivering the message.

But that's not the worst of it.

Useruser666
12-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Bump. Got the rest?

ducks
12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I am not a member
this is just the teaser

violentkitten
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM
you !@#$ing tease

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Sweet, so we get to speculate what the worst part is? I'm going to say that Kobe threatened to rape Malone if he came back to LA. And then shot the ball 400 times.

ALVAREZ6
12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
headlines says kobe is a badteamate

would like to read it

please post it

Isn't Kobe just on a roll?
Hes a bad teammate, hes a cocky and arrogant bastard, he rapes teenagers, and no one likes his ass anymore.

sickdsm
12-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Rome was saying yesterday that theres reports of Kobe threatening to TRADE some of his teamates.

LAL PR issued a statement saying Kobe does NOT speak on behalf of their views.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Kobe and Lakers management's marriage is turning sour. How many karats will Kobe have to buy to say "I'm sorry for flushing one of the great sports franchises down the toilet"? Of course, I think management deserves a kick in the nuts for letting him declare himself unofficial GM.

sickdsm
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
He was also mentioning how ironic was that Kobe was saying that its not fair to the guys there while Karl keeps them hanging and doesn't let them know where he's going.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 08:25 PM
This is great stuff. Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.

timvp
12-10-2004, 08:41 PM
The lack of Laker fans in this thread make me believe that all this Kobe bashing is true.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-10-2004, 09:57 PM
does anyone have insider?

ducks
12-10-2004, 10:09 PM
maybe someone can go to lakerground and find it

I do not have time this evening

ShoogarBear
12-10-2004, 10:58 PM
It'd be tough for a Laker fan casually perusing the board to know what this thread was about.

The point about Kobe being hypocritical since he held his free agency over them all last year is excellent. Too bad the gutless LA media doesn't have the balls to ask him about that very issue.

The only one in LA with less balls, apparently, is Mitch Kupchak.

timvp
12-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Good point, Shoog. Perhaps now we'll reel the Laker fans in.

Kaster
12-11-2004, 05:15 AM
The lack of Laker fans in this thread make me believe that all this Kobe bashing is true.

Well, it is Chad Ford. Does anything else need to be said? Or will the Clippers trade Wilcox and Simmons for Dunleavy's son this week?

iminlakerland
12-11-2004, 07:39 AM
This is getting lame. Kobe is an egotistical maniac. But it makes me wonder how much the media is really trying to ruin the dude. Is Kobe really this big of an asshole or is the media just trying to cash in out of this.

I personally dont think he did anything horrible with Karl. Karl = being drama queen. Now the entire relationship with Shaq, and Phil you got the mix of 2 more huge egos. But until his teammates who are on the team now come out and say what ever needs to be said whether kobe is a bad team or not come out and say it. this bullshit needs to stop.

ducks
12-11-2004, 08:28 AM
rome is not chad ford read what sickdsm wrote

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 09:13 AM
wow, Kobe is without a doubt the reason for the fall of one of the best franchise teams ever.

He's just an ignorant ass who wants more for himself.

Kobe doesn't know what a team is.

ShoogarBear
12-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Karl is a drama queen?

When it comes to drama queening, Malone is Lindsay Lohan.

Kobe is Meryl Streep.

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't mind having Malone. Of course, he would only last this season.

That dude is getting old.

pjjrfan
12-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm no big Kobe fan, or Laker fan, but what's wrong with what he said? It's basically the truth, and everyone knows that Malone is just as guilty of playing games as Kobe. The other stuff, I think someone in the Laker organization is starting to look at what the Spurs are doing, especially when it comes to the draft. Remember, Manu, Girecek, and Scola are all 2nd rd. picks. Two of these guys are integral parts of their teams, and Scola has people salivating over him and jealous that the Spurs have his rights. Now they have to get a capable scouting team that will find the level of talent that can help this team in the long run.

Guys Kobe has been in the league for 7 or 8 years, it's not like he suddenly became an asshole overnight, he has pretty much been a consistent asshole since he came into the league. If the players don't know that, they haven't been doing their homework.

2pac
12-11-2004, 01:24 PM
By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

Chad Ford's Chat Wrap with SportsNation on Thursday

What were the Lakers thinking this summer when they let Kobe Bryant dictate whom the team acquired in the offseason?

Everyone knows they were desperate to re-sign Bryant, but once you give up that type of power to a player, he isn't giving it back.

Since making his free agent power play this summer, Kobe already has helped exile Shaquille O'Neal, Gary Payton and Derek Fisher. Kareem Rush was given away last week for two second-round picks.

Tuesday, Bryant nailed the door shut on a Karl Malone return to the Lakers.

In a radio interview, Bryant said he didn't think Malone was coming back, then criticized the Mailman for leaving the team up in the air.

"It's not really fair to hold it over the guys' heads that are here," Bryant said. "The guys that we have here are working hard, practicing hard every day. It's kind of tough for them to be looking over their shoulder, wondering if he's going to come back and then everybody is going to disappear.

"It's really not fair for us to sit around and speculate how long this is going to go on. I mean, you can't sit up here and speculate for the remainder of the season whether or not he is going to come back. I mean, that's not fair to the guys that are working here."

I get the feeling that everyone there is pretty miserable. I know [my client] wants out and he claims others do too. It's hard enough to have a coach on you all the time, but then when a player is doing it, too, it's just too much. ”

— An agent of an unhappy teammate of Kobe Bryant's
Oh, the hypocrisy. Wasn't it Bryant who held his impending free agency over the heads of the entire organization last year? Wasn't everyone looking over their shoulders wondering if Bryant was going to bolt to the Clippers? Maybe Malone isn't the player the Lakers need right now, but Bryant shouldn't be the one making that decision or delivering the message.

But that's not the worst of it.

What left Bryant's mouth after that speaks volumes about whose team this really is.

"They are here giving me 110 percent," Bryant said of his teammates.

Really? The Lakers are playing for Kobe now?

That wasn't a slip of the tongue. Two player agents who represent players on the Lakers and one league source told Insider that Bryant was ruling the Lakers with an iron fist, getting in players' faces and acting as if he owned the team. According to one agent, Bryant even threatened to trade his client if he didn't do things The Kobe Way.

"I get the feeling that everyone there is pretty miserable," one agent told Insider. "I know [my client] wants out, and he claims others do too. It's hard enough to have a coach on you all the time, but then when a player is doing it, too, it's just too much."

The Lakers need to be careful. Word is spreading quickly around the league that while Bryant is an awesome player, he's a terrible teammate. When the Lakers finally have some cap room to go out and lure free agents, what top-tier player is going to want to play there?

The Lakers responded to the whole Malone mess by stating that Bryant wasn't "speaking on behalf of the Lakers management or organization."

Bryant has a $136 million contract that says otherwise.

Where will the Mail be delivered next?

Malone claims he's close to 100 percent and wants to play again this season. Where might that be? A source close to Malone told Insider on Wednesday that the Spurs, Timberwolves and Heat are the three teams Malone has narrowed it down to.

Is Vince off the block?

An Achilles injury might hinder the Raptors' efforts to trade Vince Carter.
An injury to Vince Carter's Achilles might send his trade value into a freefall.

Carter strained his left Achilles' tendon Wednesday in the first minute of the second half in Toronto's game against the Pistons.

The injury highlights a growing concern among GMs that Carter isn't healthy enough to justify a trade. Several teams sent advance scouts to watch Carter play the past week, and at least two teams were concerned enough about his health that their trade interest immediately waned.

"He's got some serious tendinitis going on right now," one GM said. "Our scout came back and said that he's not going to be able to play like the old Vince Carter, so what's the point?"

GM Rob Babcock was in no mood to talk about it after the game.

"In a situation like this, we're concerned about a player's health," Babcock told the Toronto Star after the game. "The last thing you think about is the trade stuff."

The Truth about Pierce?

Paul Pierce is the latest star player to run into tough times with his team and his coach. Pierce has looked unhappy for weeks and lost it recently when head coach Doc Rivers pulled him out of a game.

Gary Payton added a few logs to the fire on Wednesday when he criticized how Pierce plays the game.

"He needs to make some changes, but it's been like four years that he's been taking those type of shots and stuff like that," Payton said in the Boston Herald. "Now he has to understand that that's got to go. He's getting a little deeper into his career – he's more than seven years deep – and those shots are not going to make it for you.

Paul Pierce (right) and Gary Payton's relationship might take a turn after the Glove's comments.
"You can be the man here scoring 20 or 30 points, but you're not going to win basketball games, you know what I'm saying? He's going to learn. I think he's going to have to learn the hard way. It's going to take somebody like myself to keep talking to him, but he'll get the picture.

"I know he doesn't feel good after these games. I know he doesn't. So he's going to look at it and he's going to figure out what's going on."

All of that negativity has spawned a number of trade rumors. However, don't put too much stock in them.

Celtics sources say they have no interest in trading Pierce – Payton will be long gone before Pierce is, they claim. And Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, told Insider on Wednesday that Pierce wants to stay in Boston.

"He's happy in Boston," Schwartz said. "He wants to stay there. There is some frustration because Paul doesn't like to lose, but he thinks things are starting to turn around in Boston."

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Sportcamper
12-11-2004, 03:02 PM
This thread is such complete nonsense...One has to wonder how these rumors even get started... :rolleyes

Of course Kobe has a huge ego...So did Ali, Wilt, Ruth, Thorpe...Etc Etc...

It is what separates World Famous Champions from nobodies like shall we say “Bruce Bowen”... :smokin

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 03:03 PM
This thread is such complete nonsense...One has to wonder how these rumors even get started... :rolleyes

Of course Kobe has a huge ego...So did Ali, Wilt, Ruth, Thorpe...Etc Etc...

It is what separates World Famous Champions from nobodies like shall we say “Bruce Bowen”... :smokin

WTF?

speaking of nonsense...

sickdsm
12-11-2004, 05:34 PM
The differnce between those guys is that when they said they were the greatest, they were. If they would have blew apart a franchise like that, they would have went Jordan and carried it to another ring.