PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo my new front runner

inconvertible
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
August 3, 2007
Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation
Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

“This shows that we mean business,” said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. “There’s no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us.”

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would “cause a worldwide economic collapse.” IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN’s Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were “reprehensible” and “absolutely crazy.” Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.

–CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich

inconvertible
08-03-2007, 02:31 PM
This Is The Only Way

boutons_
08-03-2007, 02:35 PM
It's not only the Muslim religion this asshole is against:

http://maxblumenthal.blogspot.com/2006/08/tom-tancredos-catholic-problem-without.html

Bombing religious buildings that are used by everybody to punish the radical, lunatic, terrorist fringe (ie, people like Tancredo) is a sure formula to push more people into extremism.

Dumbfuck Repugs.

Extra Stout
08-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Buck Rogers, since you are a nonwhite hyperconservative Catholic, Tancredo would have your ass deported. Still like him?

Nbadan
08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
What an ass-wipe....bomb Mecca...

:lmao

smeagol
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey Buck Rogers, since you are a nonwhite hyperconservative Catholic, Tancredo would have your ass deported. Still like him?
Yeah, those pesky Catholics . . .

Extra Stout
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Tom Tancredo is the candidate of choice among white supremacist groups.

Nbadan
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
On another note, I've heard some interesting Huckabee rumors...

smeagol
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
How can a guy like Tancredo even get elected to Congress?

Jamtas#2
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
That is ridiculous. Bombing holy lands to keep them from attacking?!?! How could you not believe that would incite the worst type of violence? What a foolish idea, horrible to have elected leaders with that kind of thought process.

xrayzebra
08-03-2007, 04:23 PM
That is ridiculous. Bombing holy lands to keep them from attacking?!?! How could you not believe that would incite the worst type of violence? What a foolish idea, horrible to have elected leaders with that kind of thought process.

Yes, we wouldn't want to make them mad at us, would
we. They may want to bomb our barracks, sink one of
our ships or horror of horrors, bring down two skyscrapers
and kill several thousand people.....oh, no, lets not make
them mad.

Jamtas#2
08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
them mad.

Yeah, ask the Japanese how bombing Pearl Harbor scared the US from getting involved in WW2.

You actually think that bombing the holy land would curb violence ray?

Jamtas#2
08-03-2007, 05:10 PM
It's one thing to be tough on terror. It's another thing to just be foolish.

UV Ray
08-03-2007, 05:11 PM
them mad.
Bomb Mecca and be prepared to pave the entire Middle East. But, I'm sure you'd volunteer.

Jamtas#2
08-03-2007, 05:13 PM
them mad.

You are also only speaking of the terrorists here. Destroying the holy land involves upsetting many more groups than just the terrorists.

exstatic
08-03-2007, 07:06 PM
The House of Reps always has more weird characters than the Senate, both left and right.

Extra Stout
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
them mad.
If you nuke the holy cities, you pretty much have to commit to killing most of the Muslims on Earth, including the ones in the USA.

TLWisfoine
08-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Tom Tancredo is the candidate of choice among white supremacist groups.

That honor belongs to Ron Paul.

braeden0613
08-04-2007, 01:39 AM
That honor belongs to Ron Paul.
Huh?? Why do you say that?

TLWisfoine
08-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Huh?? Why do you say that?

Read up on what he said about black people after the LA riots. I'll try to find it myself and post later.

Wild Cobra
08-04-2007, 04:56 AM
Bombing would be rather severe, and wouldn't have to be nuclear. However, the radicals will not stop until killed. There is no negotiating with them. My perspective is this. Bombing their most holy of sights may be the solution. First, we tell the worshippers of Allah that if they do not stop their own kind from attacking us and other sects, that we will destroy their temples. We give them a deadline for all attacks to stop. After this. we start with perhaps the 20th most important temple, or the temple of the group that leads the attack if known. We tell the Muslims with a 24 hour notice that we are attacking a particular site, and do it. Every time there is an attack in the name of Allah, we destroy another temple with 24 hour notice. Every time, we tell the communities why their temples are being destroyed. We remind them that the radicals are from their faith, so they must take an active roll in stopping the radicals. When we get so far, we might say give use specific person, or Mecca, or other sites of the most importance will be destroyed. We could tell them "Give us Usama Bin Laden dead or alive, or we bomb Mecca."

At some point, either all the temples will be destroyed or all the radiacls will lost funding and credibility. If things keep going like they are, we may have to resort to such tactics. Radical Islam practices have been a cancer on this earth far too long. We have the means to stop them. Shouldn't we?

Let them know, their God is not as strong as the USA! Destroy all of Allah's temples if we must, to show he is a worthless God to worship.

TLWisfoine
08-04-2007, 05:43 AM
^^^WTF, Chill out!!! :smokin

Jamtas#2
08-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Bombing would be rather severe, and wouldn't have to be nuclear. However, the radicals will not stop until killed. There is no negotiating with them. My perspective is this. Bombing their most holy of sights may be the solution. First, we tell the worshippers of Allah that if they do not stop their own kind from attacking us and other sects, that we will destroy their temples. We give them a deadline for all attacks to stop. After this. we start with perhaps the 20th most important temple, or the temple of the group that leads the attack if known. We tell the Muslims with a 24 hour notice that we are attacking a particular site, and do it. Every time there is an attack in the name of Allah, we destroy another temple with 24 hour notice. Every time, we tell the communities why their temples are being destroyed. We remind them that the radicals are from their faith, so they must take an active roll in stopping the radicals. When we get so far, we might say give use specific person, or Mecca, or other sites of the most importance will be destroyed. We could tell them "Give us Usama Bin Laden dead or alive, or we bomb Mecca."

At some point, either all the temples will be destroyed or all the radiacls will lost funding and credibility. If things keep going like they are, we may have to resort to such tactics. Radical Islam practices have been a cancer on this earth far too long. We have the means to stop them. Shouldn't we?

Let them know, their God is not as strong as the USA! Destroy all of Allah's temples if we must, to show he is a worthless God to worship.

So if the terrorists let us know that they would destroy a US city and keep attacking us unless we handed over George Bush to execute, you'd be all aboard with getting rid of him?

xrayzebra
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
If you nuke the holy cities, you pretty much have to commit to killing most of the Muslims on Earth, including the ones in the USA.

Hmmmm, wonder how the Muslims get away with
blowing up their own churches? And no one really
retaliates. Like the the ones in Iran and Pakistan.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Nuke mecca, new york, the vatican too.
Give me a bomb, I'll drop it on you.
Why stop at only two?
We've shown the world, just what they can do.
What a waste, not to destroy.
Come play at war, man, and bring your best toy.

Jamtas#2
08-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm, wonder how the Muslims get away with
blowing up their own churches? And no one really
retaliates. Like the the ones in Iran and Pakistan.

What do you expect them to do? Blow up the rest of their holy sites in retaliation? I hope you realize that the effect of one of your own doing something like that would not equal an outsider doing the same thing.

Did Pearl Harbor keep Americans from joining world war 2?
Did 9/11 scare Americans and change their policy on how we handle the middle east in the way the terrorists wanted?

But somehow, you believe that destroying that which is most sacred to religious zealots, will convince them to tone it down or give up? And I'm sure other people wouldn't rush to join their cause after an attack on non-military innocent houses of God.
No, the terrorists would come to see that we are not going to tolerate it, put down their weapons and just give up. The same people who are so scared of death that they run suicide missions in full belief that their God will reward them, will not grow increasingly angry that we destroy places of worship. They will come to understand what is right and give up. And the other Muslim members who weren't with the terrorists wouldn't come and join them if the US destroyed their temples. They would say the US was right to do so, let's round up these terrorists and hand them over. Our God wouldn't want us to fight in defense of what we believe. Only Americans do that.
This is really what you think?

xrayzebra
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I think it is an option that should not be taken off the table. But
as a strategy, no I see no need to bomb their most holy sites. But
Their Masques may be an all together different matter. They use
them to hide weapons, training and as their headquarters for
the leaders of their different cells/groups. What I am saying is
that their religious temples should not be placed off limits
because it would anger them. Hell, aren't they angry with us
now? And in the past weren't they angry with us. Do you think
they would hesitate to blow-up one of our churches? If they
thought it would further their cause they would do it in a
New York Minuet.

George Gervin's Afro
08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
what ray and WC don't understand that this will bring the remaining 90% of the muslims into the fight. then the problem goes from dealing with a small % to 1 billion people... UH do you think this might make them mad ray/WC? you always seem to think that this won't be such a bad thing.. how do we deal will 1 billion pissed off muslims? round them up and send them to the gas chambers? in the name of peace?

Jamtas#2
08-04-2007, 09:50 AM
New York Minuet.

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”

This is what Tancredo is pushing for, not just select Masques. I don't think they would hesitate to blow up our churches at all, doesn't mean we should do them same. If someone tried to rape my sister, I wouldn't respond by trying to rape his sister. What does that solve? Now I've become a villain as well who will help call people to his side?

xrayzebra
08-04-2007, 09:55 AM
what ray and WC don't understand that this will bring the remaining 90% of the muslims into the fight. then the problem goes from dealing with a small % to 1 billion people... UH do you think this might make them mad ray/WC? you always seem to think that this won't be such a bad thing.. how do we deal will 1 billion pissed off muslims? round them up and send them to the gas chambers? in the name of peace?

How in the hell do you know "the remaining 90%" will
come into the fight. I beg to disagree with you. Some
may, but some might just look at what we have done
and say: hey they mean business and I really don't
care to get my butt blown away.

I have a question. Do you know about the monastery we
blew away in Italy during WWII. How many Catholics
in Italy turn against us for that?

Wild Cobra
08-04-2007, 03:56 PM
George, of course it will make them mad. That's the idea. It sould make them mad enough to kill and turn over their own, who are the radicals. The remaining 90+ percent (probably 99.9+%) might actually do such a thing since they would have access to the radicals more so than access to us.

braeden0613
08-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Read up on what he said about black people after the LA riots. I'll try to find it myself and post later.
I think you are referring to a newsletter that was published under his name in 90s...here is what the ron paul wiki says about it

Alleged racial remarks
A 1996 article in the Houston Chronicle[62] alleges that Ron Paul made comments in a 1992 edition of his Ron Paul Survival Report (a newsletter that he had published from 1985) which could be construed as racist, including disparaging remarks about fellow congressperson Barbara Jordan, and that this could help his political opponents.[63]

In a 2001 interview with Texas Monthly magazine, Paul acknowledged that the comments were printed in his newsletter under his name, but explained that they did not represent his views and that they were written by a ghostwriter.He further stated that he felt some moral responsibility for the words that had been attributed to him, despite the fact that they did not represent his way of thinking:

"They were never my words, but I had some moral responsibility for them...I actually really wanted to try to explain that it doesn't come from me directly, but they [campaign aides] said that's too confusing. 'It appeared in your letter and your name was on that letter and therefore you have to live with it.'"[64][7]

He further stated:

"I could never say this in the campaign, but those words weren't really written by me. It wasn't my language at all. Other people help me with my newsletter as I travel around. I think the one on Barbara Jordan was the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady... we wanted to do something on affirmative action, and it ended up in the newsletter and became personalized. I never personalize anything."[7]

Texas Monthly wrote in 2001, at the time they printed the denial, "What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this." They state that it would have been easier for him to deny the accusations at the time, because the controversy would have destroyed most politicians.[7]

In an April 2007 column on his official House of Representatives website,[65] Paul criticizes racism, saying:

"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist."[65]

To me this seems to be a desperate try to find something negative about ron paul...this is the best they can do?? A newsletter he probably didnt write 15 years ago? come on

[

Extra Stout
08-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Destroy all of Allah's temples if we must, to show he is a worthless God to worship.
Ah, that's the real gist, isn't it? Tear down the minarets around Hagia Sophia! Slay the heathen in the name of Christ!

Extra Stout
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity!
http://www.37thtexas.org/image/crusades.jpg

UV Ray
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I have a question. Do you know about the monastery we
blew away in Italy during WWII. How many Catholics
in Italy turn against us for that?

You're comparing the reaction of Catholics to the strategic intent of the Allies in the Battle for Monte Cassino with the potential reaction of hundreds of millions of Muslims around the world to your idiotic strategy for the the bombing of Mecca?
:rolleyes

sabar
08-05-2007, 12:19 AM
New York Minuet.I agree. We should also bomb hospitals and schools as they are used more often to hold weapons! There is no way this could fail! :rolleyes

E20
08-05-2007, 01:03 AM
I LOL'ed at this discussion. :lmao

xrayzebra
08-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Laugh out Louded? How do you do that?

xrayzebra
08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Ah, that's the real gist, isn't it? Tear down the minarets around Hagia Sophia! Slay the heathen in the name of Christ!

Oh, come on ES. No one on here wants to tear down the
minarets and slay anyone in the name of Christ.

I think most, I know I do, just want to live our life and
let them live there's. They picked this fight, not us.

But will you concede that those we are fighting, OBL and
his henchmen do want to take our rights away from us,
including tearing down our churches, temples (Jews), and
converting us to be Muslims on pain of death.

Did you listen to Newt's talk WC posted? Did you hear
his statement that if these terrorist had their way that
not one woman would be in the audience. That was
a true statement.

We are facing a determined enemy, like it or not.
Denying that will not change the fact. And they will
not be deterred in their efforts until we kill them or
defeat them in no uncertain terms. Talking to them
will not change any of those facts.

SRJ
08-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Religion sucks.

There is no God, Allah, god, or anything else.

And yet, people are willing to die and kill for something every bit as real as the Tooth Fairy.

I hate life.

xrayzebra
08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Religion sucks.

There is no God, Allah, god, or anything else.

And yet, people are willing to die and kill for something every bit as real as the Tooth Fairy.

I hate life.

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it, but
you have the right to reject religion. Now.

That may not be true in the days to come.

SRJ
08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it, but
you have the right to reject religion. Now.

That may not be true in the days to come.

You're exactly right. In the "EVIL" United States, I can say things like this and not be put to death. But when the Islamist Conquest comes, I better shut the fuck up and make slaves out of all my female relatives while forsaking a BLT and bowing before Mecca.

Islam is the enemy of human progress. It is inherently evil, even if the moderate Muslims live like you and I.

Chief
08-05-2007, 02:48 PM

I think I understand what ur saying but when u say bring the "remaining" 90% ? meaning not the extremists

so ur saying out of a billion, 100 million muslims are extremist and are terrorists. Trust me, if there were, no one less then god could stop them.

Don't judge an entire religion based on extremists, this is what they want, they don't believe in the same allah as the allah that me and other muslims believe in, they have been brainwashed since they are born to think that if they do so and so, they will be rewarded and be given paradise.

it's a sickness that extremists have and they twist every word possible to their benefit.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Why do people insert such unsaid silly ideas? I never implied we do it in the name of Christ. I specifically stated we do it to show the USA is stronger than their God.

If we break the faith of the radicals, the problem is solved. I should have assed that point.

Extra Stout
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm amazed. Arabs haven't even figured out toilet paper yet, and think pederasty is just ordinary leisure activity, but even they have figured out you can deprogram radicals the way we deprogram cultists -- reconnect them with their families and get them one-on-one with mainstream clerics who can straighten out their brains. The Saudis have done this with great success.

Meanwhile, back here in the States, we have a bunch of right-wingers who think nuking everything is the best solution. Marvelous. I guess we can say with some certainty where the descendants of the Visigoths ended up.

mookie2001
08-05-2007, 04:31 PM
no, no, no, you gotta listen to the way people talk, you cant just say AHFirmative or some shit like that...

Extra Stout
08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Why do people insert such unsaid silly ideas? I never implied we do it in the name of Christ. I specifically stated we do it to show the USA is stronger than their God.

If we break the faith of the radicals, the problem is solved. I should have assed that point.
Yes, just like the creation of Israel showed them how the UN was stronger than their god. They've been so placid ever since that happened.

Also, have you noticed how ants just give up and die when you poke a stick in their mound?

TLWisfoine
08-05-2007, 05:56 PM

Wow, you know a lot of your rhetoric on how we should show our military might on everyone sound just like the British, and the Romans before them. How did they fare in the end?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM

Colorado has some very white conservative districts. The Grand Wizard could probably get a house seat in the right Colorado district.

TLWisfoine
08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Colorado has some very white conservative districts. The Grand Wizard could probably get a house seat in the right Colorado district.

Very true.

Spurminator
08-05-2007, 06:40 PM
George, of course it will make them mad. That's the idea. It sould make them mad enough to kill and turn over their own, who are the radicals.

How does one come by a ticket to the distant planet you live on? I'd love to visit sometime. I've never seen a unicorn.

Extra Stout
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Colorado Springs is a richer version of Idaho.

smeagol
08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Don't you dare nuke Argentina!

We will retaliate by bombing you with cows, dulce de leche and crooked politicians.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't forget that huge stockpile of objective 9/11 books, by which every Argentinian citizen becomes a 9/11 expert.

mookie2001
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
theyve got a huge stockpile of arms too, im sure all their well regulated militias are prepared

Wild Cobra
08-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Don't you dare nuke Argentina!

We will retaliate by bombing you with cows, dulce de leche and crooked politicians.
Are your crooked politicians worse than our crooked politicians?

smeagol
08-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Don't forget that huge stockpile of objective 9/11 books, by which every Argentinian citizen becomes a 9/11 expert.

I have one that says that the US governemnt is behind 9/11.

Is that the one you read mookie every night after you tuck him in his bed?

smeagol
08-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Are your crooked politicians worse than our crooked politicians?

Are you kidding me?

You fuckers have no clue how good you have it.

Extra Stout
08-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Are you kidding me?

You fuckers have no clue how good you have it.
Argentines act as though official corruption is what people are supposed to do. It's as though a bunch of them came over from Italy or something.

smeagol
08-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Argentines act as though official corruption is what people are supposed to do. It's as though a bunch of them came over from Italy or something.
Corruption is the Third World's trademark. Argentina is deeply committed to the Third World. We feel comfortable in it. My conclusion is we do not want to develop. We like being friends with Chavez.

CbF would like it here.

xrayzebra
08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Corruption is the Third World's trademark. Argentina is deeply committed to the Third World. We feel comfortable in it. My conclusion is we do not want to develop. We like being friends with Chavez.

CbF would like it here.

Do you import your crooked politicians from Mexico? I
know we get some of ours from there.

smeagol
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Do you import your crooked politicians from Mexico? I
know we get some of ours from there.
Nah . . . we breed them inhouse.

We send them many of our soccer players because . . . well they suck at soccer (sorry, wrong forum!)

Extra Stout
08-06-2007, 02:23 PM

CbF would like it here.
I guess the American Deep South must be Third-World then... but I think we already knew that.

xrayzebra
08-06-2007, 03:07 PM
ES, every heard of the Sunshine belt. And the Rust belt.

Which is growing and which is shrinking?

possessed
08-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Colorado Springs is a richer version of Idaho.
Tell me more about Idaho. The way I see it, it's getting more racially diverse up here than it's ever been. The Aryan Nations was chased out of here by the courts and citizens years ago. Nor do we have any extremist politicians holding a seat in the state that I'm aware of, maybe you know differently.

Extra Stout
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
ES, every heard of the Sunshine belt. And the Rust belt.

Which is growing and which is shrinking?
I say "Deep South" and you throw "Sun Belt" back at me, as if Dallas were the same thing as Yazoo City, Mississippi.

gtownspur
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I say "Deep South" and you throw "Sun Belt" back at me, as if Dallas were the same thing as Yazoo City, Mississippi.
yes cities and states are different, whooda thunk?