PDA

View Full Version : Duncans having baby

Frank Brickowski
08-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Rumor has it that Amy Duncan was admitted to Methodist Hospital today for the birth of their second child.

T Park
08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
If so, congrats to em. I heard this one is a boy this time supposedly.

Duncan with two kids. seems scary :lol

ducks
08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
spurs will need duncan jr in 20 years

ducks
08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Rumor has it that Amy Duncan was admitted to Methodist Hospital today for the birth of their second child.
glad amy is not him

sa_kid20
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Congrats

:toast

duncan228
08-03-2007, 03:02 PM
The last time we had a "rumor" about Amy being in labor it was Game 7 in '05.

Glad it's the off season!

Best wishes to them, I hope Mother and Child are well.

remingtonbo2001
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Possible names???

inconvertible
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM

world b. free duncan

TIM "THE NATURE BOY" DUNCAN JR.

TIM "DONUTS" DUNCAN JR.

J.T.
08-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh, snap. I look forward to living though the second coming of the Duncan Dynasty.

Tim will teach his son everything he knows.

inconvertible
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh, snap. I look forward to living though the second coming of the Duncan Dynasty.

Tim will teach his son everything he knows.

and then chose to play golf.

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Aw.... how wonderful! Congrats to them. :)

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm thinking something like Amare Nash Duncan.

E20
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Manu Tony Duncan Mohammad AJ-Rose-Nesterovich

Should be his name.

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Manu Tony Duncan Mohammad AJ-Rose-Nesterovic

Should be his name.

tlongII
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I hope the Blazers get his draft rights.

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe he'll name a son Greg Oden Duncan.

That way, Timmy can get used to being Greg Oden's Daddy.

Clutch20
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Congratulations again Tim Duncan, Amy and family if this rumor is true!

Put some more water into the soup pot, the Spurs family just got bigger.
I recommend that sometime next year Uncle Tony next door gives mom and dad take a night off and takes care of baby Duncan as an anniversary present (would also be a good practice for Tony!)

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I hope the Blazers get his draft rights.

Would be ironic if Duncan Junior ended up playing for the Celtics. :)

mbass
08-03-2007, 06:31 PM
What if baby duncan turns out to be short like Amy???

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Then maybe he will be a doctor.
(Didn't Amy study to be one? )

RobinsontoDuncan
08-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Would be ironic if Duncan Junior ended up playing for the Celtics. :)

now that would be irony at its finest

ducks
08-03-2007, 06:45 PM
he could be a point guard
his dad is not a bad one

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I can't wait to hear about ducks' son named Lebron

ducks
08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
ducks will never name his duckling lebron

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
ducks will never name his duckling lebron

Middle name.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM

Amy isn't short for a woman.

ducks
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Middle name.
no

I do not name my ducklings after nba players that have no class and get their asses handed to them

I have a duckling named David though :smokin
I named him after David Robinson

he was a good class guy

T Park
08-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah Amy is like 5'9 I think.

ducks
08-03-2007, 07:12 PM
she better have long legs to keep up with tim

bigfundamental21
08-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Tim and Amy! Go for Three!

mrcoon29
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't believe Amy is 5'9" - I've talked with her a few times over the years (sitting down) and she wasn't towering over me. I believe Amy is more in the 5'6" range.

Congrats to the Duncan's and the new kid on the block. :toast

Ginobilly
08-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't believe Amy is 5'9" - I've talked with her a few times over the years (sitting down) and she wasn't towering over me. I believe Amy is more in the 5'6" range.

Congrats to the Duncan's and the new kid on the block. :toast

yeah I seen her too and she's no 5'9, she's between 5'6/5'7 which is still tall for a girl in the US.

JP le Requin
08-03-2007, 08:58 PM
they did a baby to baby..now its back to back!!

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I missed the evening news. Any update?

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2007, 12:42 AM
damn why couldnt amy wait for another 24hrs and have the baby on the 4th of august!!! :D:D:D:D

yeh i turn 25 today...4th august......

themvp
08-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Congrats to them!

TheAuthority
08-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Don't you guys find it a little creepy that you're this involved in Duncan's personal life. Hey, he's a great basketball player, it's alright to be a fan of him. However, it's pretty weird/creepy to care that much.

ducks
08-04-2007, 09:08 AM
when wife goes to the game and looks like she is having a baby it is not creepy
now other personal stuff yes

angel_luv
08-04-2007, 09:49 AM
damn why couldnt amy wait for another 24hrs and have the baby on the 4th of august!!! :D:D:D:D

yeh i turn 25 today...4th august......

Happy birthday :)

gospursgojas
08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I thought Tim owed Robert Horry his son's name for Game 5 of the 05 Finals. :)

Robert Duncan

Big Shot Rob Duncan

RashoFan
08-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Don't you guys find it a little creepy that you're this involved in Duncan's personal life. Hey, he's a great basketball player, it's alright to be a fan of him. However, it's pretty weird/creepy to care that much.
I don't feel that people on this site are that "INVOLVED" with the Duncan's personal lives...I feel that we are naturally curious about the baby news just as any one would be about their favorite players, celebs, etc. I feel that we think of the Spurs Players as "family". "Distant Family" if you will, like 3rd cousins...we care about them and we celebrate with them their joys and sorrows. It is just how this community is.....FAMILY.

Avitus1
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Congrats to the Duncans....

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 05:19 AM
I don't feel that people on this site are that "INVOLVED" with the Duncan's personal lives...I feel that we are naturally curious about the baby news just as any one would be about their favorite players, celebs, etc. I feel that we think of the Spurs Players as "family". "Distant Family" if you will, like 3rd cousins...we care about them and we celebrate with them their joys and sorrows. It is just how this community is.....FAMILY.

I find it to be on the brink of hilarity how ignorant that is. I'm sorry. Let me explain why; Tim Duncan does not give a shit about you, or the members of the community. lol I think that is pretty obvious. Of course he would never say that, because it wouldn't be right to say that, but I think it goes without being said. Of course, he may do some things in the community every now and then, and that could be a basis for your next argument, but remember, the NBA more than likely requires him to do those things.

He's even said in interviews he doesn't care about being a role model to kids. That pretty much means he just wants to do his thing and have people leave him alone. I'm not trying to portray him as an asshole, because I think he's probably a nice guy, but to say he would care enough to even give you the time of day... well, he wouldn't. lol

thebrownanswer
08-05-2007, 05:32 AM
I find it to be on the brink of hilarity how ignorant that is. I'm sorry. Let me explain why; Tim Duncan does not give a shit about you, or the members of the community. lol I think that is pretty obvious. Of course he would never say that, because it wouldn't be right to say that, but I think it goes without being said. Of course, he may do some things in the community every now and then, and that could be a basis for your next argument, but remember, the NBA more than likely requires him to do those things.

He's even said in interviews he doesn't care about being a role model to kids. That pretty much means he just wants to do his thing and have people leave him alone. I'm not trying to portray him as an asshole, because I think he's probably a nice guy, but to say he would care enough to even give you the time of day... well, he wouldn't. lol

stop being a party pooper.....
GO SPURS GO!

Kori Ellis
08-05-2007, 06:47 AM
He's even said in interviews he doesn't care about being a role model to kids.
Can you provide a quote on that? I have never heard Duncan say anything close to that.

But you are The Authority, so I guess we shouldn't question. :rolleyes

mbass
08-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Can you provide a quote on that? I have never heard Duncan say anything close to that.

Thank you Kori for questioning "The Authority" - I have never heard Duncan say that he didn't care to be a role model to kids either - Barkley yes, Duncan no. And where does this guy come off thinking that he knows Duncan so well - kind of funny.

Winery
08-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I say Duncan Duncan

mikeanthony21
08-05-2007, 08:33 AM

Well hell, since you're "The Authority," I guess I'll just have to take Timmy off my Hallmark List! :rolleyes

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 08:44 AM

I got that from his interview with John Thompson. He seemed VERY disinterested in the role he has on shaping the lives of kids. I don't fault him for it. I doubt I would care much, either. At the same time it was disappointing to hear. I don't have the exact quote. That is just the impression I walked away from the TV with.

Kori Ellis
08-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I got that from his interview with John Thompson. He seemed VERY disinterested in the role he has on shaping the lives of kids. I don't fault him for it. I doubt I would care much, either. At the same time it was disappointing to hear. I don't have the exact quote. That is just the impression I walked away from the TV with.

So it was just your impression, he didn't exactly say it?

Because you initially posted this:

He's even said in interviews he doesn't care about being a role model to kids.

That would indicate that he actually said outright that he doesn't care about it. I'm not even saying you are right or wrong about what you are perceiving. But I don't think he's ever said that. Are you talking about the John Thompson interview from years ago? Or something recent?

duncan228
08-05-2007, 09:34 AM

The interview where Duncan says something like "I'm not in show business, I play basketball."?

If that's the interview you're referring to, I came away with a different impression. Duncan doesn't want to be on a pedastal, adored and admired. He wants to play, to win. And he likes his private life private. He has charities for bereaved children and he finances a program on St. Croix for kids. The same way he lets his game speak for him he lets his charities show where his heart is.

The Thompson interview doesn't seem to be on YouTube anymore, I recommend you find a way to see it again and listen closer. I may see Duncan through rose colored glasses but I know he's never said what you think you heard.

angel_luv
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Question to The Authority:

Even if it were true that a person's favorite basketball player didn't care two cents about said fan, what real good does your bringing it to their attention do?

Why purposely set out to convince someone that they do not matter?

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 10:29 AM
So it was just your impression, he didn't exactly say it?

Because you initially posted this:

That would indicate that he actually said outright that he doesn't care about it. I'm not even saying you are right or wrong about what you are perceiving. But I don't think he's ever said that. Are you talking about the John Thompson interview from years ago? Or something recent?

From years ago. And of course he didn't say that outright. He'd have been ripped a new asshole for saying something that controversial, especially for Tim Duncan to say something that inappropriate, it would have been all over... like him getting thrown out last year. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. He's not Charles Barkley, he isn't going to be blunt about it. I make my own conclusions, and usually they are pretty on point, because I use logic and not imagination.

I think you're taking the interview part too far, though. I know all of you would love to think he cares a lot about the lives of each and every one of you, like you do his... but that just isn't realistic. He doesn't know you, or care to know you. It's childish thinking, really. To think that he would care. No point in sugarcoating everything.

Kori Ellis
08-05-2007, 10:32 AM
From years ago. And of course he didn't say that outright. He'd have been ripped a new asshole for saying something that controversial, especially for Tim Duncan to say something that inappropriate, it would have been all over... like him getting thrown out last year. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. He's not Charles Barkley, he isn't going to be blunt about it. I make my own conclusions, and usually they are pretty on point, because I use logic and not imagination.

I think you're taking the interview part too far, though. I know all of you would love to think he cares a lot about the lives of each and every one of you, like you do his... but that just isn't realistic. He doesn't know you, or care to know you. It's childish thinking, really. To think that he would care. No point in sugarcoating everything.

:lol Where did anyone say they thought that he cared about each and every person he doesn't know.

I think you're taking the interview part too far, though.

Are you talking to me? I just asked you what interview you were talking about? How is that taking it too far?

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Question to The Authority:

Even if it were true that a person's favorite basketball player didn't care two cents about said fan, what real good does your bringing it to their attention do?

Why purposely set out to convince someone that they do not matter?

It more than likely won't do any good. People's ways don't change overnight. Hopefully one day they'll realize, man, I was stupid for caring about someone on a personal level, who couldn't care the least bit about me. Actually, he doesn't even know you, so for him to not care, would require actually knowing these people, which he doesn't.

Why would I do it? Because this message board is about discussion and I was bringing something new to the table.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
:lol Where did anyone say they thought that he cared about each and every person he doesn't know.

Are you talking to me? I just asked you what interview you were talking about? How is that taking it too far?

What I mean is, people are worried too much about the interview and are deviating from my original point, which is obvious, he does not care about you or the city. He isn't even from America. I bet he's back in the Virgin Islands right now getting fellatio from a model and drinking an iced tea.

Kori Ellis
08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
What I mean is, people are worried too much about the interview and are deviating from my original point, which is obvious, he does not care about you or the city. He isn't even from America. I bet he's back in the Virgin Islands right now getting fellatio from a model and drinking an iced tea.

:lol You are an idiot.

mikeanthony21
08-05-2007, 10:46 AM

...and something tells me you're really a disgruntled Phoenix Suns fan disguised as a Spurs fan who's only purpose on this board is to create a disruption of biblical proportions.

RashoFan
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I find it to be on the brink of hilarity how ignorant that is.
I'm sorry...but F YOU!

I'm sorry. Let me explain why; Tim Duncan does not give a shit about you, or the members of the community. lol I think that is pretty obvious.
No I and several others don't think that is "pretty obvious"

Of course he would never say that, because it wouldn't be right to say that, but I think it goes without being said.
Then he would be an arrogant ass, very much like yourself.

Of course, he may do some things in the community every now and then, and that could be a basis for your next argument, but remember, the NBA more than likely requires him to do those things.
As see on http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php/Tim_Duncan
Created the Tim Duncan Foundation in November of 2001. Amy serves as the executive vice president of the organization which is setup to serve “the areas of health awareness and research, education and youth sports and recreation” in San Antonio, Winston-Salem and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Foundation holds two major fundraisers each year: the annual Tim Duncan Bowling for Dollar$ Charity Bowl-A-Thon and the annual Slam Duncan Charity Golf Classic (since its creation the Foundation has raised approximately $750,000).
Through the Tim Duncan Character Champions program donates 50 tickets to each game to students who demonstrate integrity, respect, dependability, fairness, caring or civic responsibility Member of the NBA All-Star Reading Team.
Not only is SA a community he has performed charity work, Tim also has Winston-Salem and the U.S. Virgin Islands. :clap Thank you Tim and Amy Duncan for all your hard work!!! :clap

He's even said in interviews he doesn't care about being a role model to kids. That pretty much means he just wants to do his thing and have people leave him alone.
As Kori has asked, so shall I... Can you provide a quote on that?

I'm not trying to portray him as an asshole, because I think he's probably a nice guy, but to say he would care enough to even give you the time of day... well, he wouldn't. lol
I wear a watch, and I would't ask Tim for the time of day. I would say "Hi Mr. Duncan" and I would think he would say Hi in return. I would NOT be all up on Tim Duncan if he was with his family or friends. But I may say hello to him if he is not otherwise occupied.

I am not normally so bitchy on here, but I apoligize for telling you "F YOU" and stating that "you are and arrogant ass."
You irked me with the word "ignorant". I will not bear any grudges against you.

RashoFan
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Disregard providing a quote from the interview...it is a dead horse issue.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 10:57 AM
...and something tells me you're really a disgruntled Phoenix Suns fan disguised as a Spurs fan who's only purpose on this board is to create a disruption of biblical proportions.

You'd be wrong, then. Ask me anything about Duncan's career and I'll tell you.

I'm more a fan of Duncan than the Spurs. I don't buy into Popovich being any kind of "genius", at all. I don't think their front office is that great, either. How hard is it to put pieces around one of the best players ever? Not too hard. I could do it with my eyes closed, hands tied behind my back. I give Tim Duncan a call in the offseason, tell him to talk to some quality veterans to try to bring them on board, and then I look like a genius when they sign for the minimum. It's real easy when you have someone like Duncan. I give props to people like Brian Collangelo, now that guy deserves some praise. R.C. Buford? Not so much.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry...but F YOU!

No I and several others don't think that is "pretty obvious"

Then he would be an arrogant ass, very much like yourself.

As see on http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php/Tim_Duncan
Created the Tim Duncan Foundation in November of 2001. Amy serves as the executive vice president of the organization which is setup to serve “the areas of health awareness and research, education and youth sports and recreation” in San Antonio, Winston-Salem and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Foundation holds two major fundraisers each year: the annual Tim Duncan Bowling for Dollar$ Charity Bowl-A-Thon and the annual Slam Duncan Charity Golf Classic (since its creation the Foundation has raised approximately $750,000).
Through the Tim Duncan Character Champions program donates 50 tickets to each game to students who demonstrate integrity, respect, dependability, fairness, caring or civic responsibility Member of the NBA All-Star Reading Team.
Not only is SA a community he has performed charity work, Tim also has Winston-Salem and the U.S. Virgin Islands. :clap Thank you Tim and Amy Duncan for all your hard work!!! :clap

As Kori has asked, so shall I... Can you provide a quote on that?

I wear a watch, and I would't ask Tim for the time of day. I would say "Hi Mr. Duncan" and I would think he would say Hi in return. I would NOT be all up on Tim Duncan if he was with his family or friends. But I may say hello to him if he is not otherwise occupied.

I am not normally so bitchy on here, but I apoligize for telling you "F YOU" and stating that "you are and arrogant ass."
You irked me with the word "ignorant". I will not bear any grudges against you.

Thank you for this reply. I laughed. You're good. "I wear a watch" Touche.

FromWayDowntown
08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I think the basic premise of The Authority's argument is evidence of the decay of our society, in some ways. According to The Authority -- it seems -- caring about someone on a personal level makes sense only if there is reciprocation. I think that's asinine. I think many people in this world care on a personal level about others without regard to the existence of a personal relationship. It's like saying that nobody should have cared on a personal level about those who suffered after Katrina unless you knew who those people were. It's like saying that care makes sense only if the person for whom you are concerned might be willing to reciprocate that concern. For all I know, there are boatloads of people that I've encountered in my life, none of whom could give a crap about me, but all of whom I care about. I'm sure that's true of a lot of others, as well.

There's a difference between being a celebrity voyeur and being someone who feels a connection to a celebrity on a more personal or intimate level, even if there's never been a personal connection made. I've never met Tim Duncan, or Tony Parker, or Manu Ginobili, or Rasho Nesterovic, or Derek Fisher, but I do care about what happens to them in their personal lives because I've come to know something about them through my passion for the NBA. I don't think I'm foolish or naive to see things that way, either. I suspect a lot of people who follow the NBA closely have the same, very genuine, concerns for these men and the things that happen in their lives. It doesn't matter to me that I'm a nobody to them and that I'm unlikely to ever become anything other than a nobody. My capacity for caring about someone's life isn't tied to the likelihood that such person will care about what happens in my life.

Frankly, I'd hope that the same is true for most of us.

duncan228
08-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I think the basic premise of The Authority's argument is evidence of the decay of our society, in some ways. According to The Authority -- it seems -- caring about someone on a personal level makes sense only if there is reciprocation. I think that's asinine. I think many people in this world care on a personal level about others without regard to the existence of a personal relationship. It's like saying that nobody should have cared on a personal level about those who suffered after Katrina unless you knew who those people were. It's like saying that care makes sense only if the person for whom you are concerned might be willing to reciprocate that concern. For all I know, there are boatloads of people that I've encountered in my life, none of whom could give a crap about me, but all of whom I care about. I'm sure that's true of a lot of others, as well.

There's a difference between being a celebrity voyeur and being someone who feels a connection to a celebrity on a more personal or intimate level, even if there's never been a personal connection made. I've never met Tim Duncan, or Tony Parker, or Manu Ginobili, or Rasho Nesterovic, or Derek Fisher, but I do care about what happens to them in their personal lives because I've come to know something about them through my passion for the NBA. I don't think I'm foolish or naive to see things that way, either. I suspect a lot of people who follow the NBA closely have the same, very genuine, concerns for these men and the things that happen in their lives. It doesn't matter to me that I'm a nobody to them and that I'm unlikely to ever become anything other than a nobody. My capacity for caring about someone's life isn't tied to the likelihood that such person will care about what happens in my life.

:clap

You have the best posts on almost any topic.

Thanks for once again putting things in perspective for both the OP and the rest of us.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 11:55 AM

To be perfectly honest, I don't care about Katrina. It didn't affect my life whatsoever. I'd be more than willing to bet, if people were to take a lie detector test on whether or not they cared about the Katrina tragedy, they would all say they did care, and 90% would fail. That's just how life is. I don't think it's wrong not to care. Shit happens. People die every day. People are starving in Africa, does that weigh on your mind? Is that going to effect your day-to-day life? If you say yes, you're most likely full of shit.

Also, forgive me if I don't sympathize for Derek Fisher and his attempt to get in the spotlight one last time, by exploiting his daughter's cancer. It's sick on his part. Really, it is. He should be ashamed of himself. Either stay with your kid and care for it, or play basketball and don't bring that shit to the courts. I want to watch a basketball game, not a made-for-TV drama.

RashoFan
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
May I ask that we all stop "hijacking this thread"? We should have another thread to continue to debate...Let us continue to congratulate the Duncans on the newest addition to their family, assuming the arrival of their second child has occured.

unnosy
08-05-2007, 12:10 PM
i feel so sorry for you.
it is obvious you have major issues. i hope you can get some sort of help

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
i feel so sorry for you.
it is obvious you have major issues. i hope you can get some sort of help

Don't talk about my new friend RashoFan like that, you really don't know her. That isn't very nice.

FromWayDowntown
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't care about Katrina. It didn't affect my life whatsoever. I'd be more than willing to bet, if people were to take a lie detector test on whether or not they cared about the Katrina tragedy, they would all say they did care, and 90% would fail. That's just how life is. I don't think it's wrong not to care. Shit happens. People die every day. People are starving in Africa, does that weigh on your mind? Is that going to effect your day-to-day life? If you say yes, you're most likely full of shit.

Also, forgive me if I don't sympathize for Derek Fisher and his attempt to get in the spotlight one last time, by exploiting his daughter's cancer. It's sick on his part. Really, it is. He should be ashamed of himself. Either stay with your kid and care for it, or play basketball and don't bring that shit to the courts. I want to watch a basketball game, not a made-for-TV drama.

I guess life is easier when you're that callous.

RahsoFan is right -- Congrats to Tim, Amy and Sydney on their new addition. I hope that all goes well (or has gone well) for all of them.

TheAuthority
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes let's all hope it has gone well. We wouldn't want Tim to miss any games.

mbass
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess life is easier when you're that callous.

RahsoFan is right -- Congrats to Tim, Amy and Sydney on their new addition. I hope that all goes well (or has gone well) for all of them.

Actually I think that The Authority's attitude is reflective of an immature outlook on life - to care and be cared about is the ultimate experience of a lifetime but a perspective that one gains only from living a while. Maybe he will grow up some day.

Personally, how can one NOT help feel for those victims of Katrina, the Minneapolis bridge collapse and other such life tragedies. Whether or not these events personally impact ones life, just the sense of caring and concern shows the development of a sense of compassion and empathy, traits that The Authority has not yet developed.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-05-2007, 01:54 PM

quit using up our oxygen and kill urself already.

mikeanthony21
08-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Goddamn, you are one cynically callous individual. "Katrina... shit happens???"
:wtf

Switchman
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
haha at everyone trying to argue with The Authority.

I knew exactly what he was saying and agree with him 100%. At the end of the day, they are there to play ball and get paid millions for it. Ofcourse they don't give a shit about you. Why would they? Why should they?

Sure they will smile and act nice to the fans, they should. But seeing a forum dedicated to my child's birth would be pretty funny seeing as how none of the people actually knew me. But it's no big deal. Just something else to talk about in the off season.

I LOVE the fact that TD turns down mag covers and doesn't go in the public eye. He takes care of business and lives his life.

I will dip into a state of depression when he retires :(

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2007, 03:49 PM
You all shouldn't congradulate Tim or have sympathy for Derek because you all don't personally know them and we expect them to love each and every one of us, although all you guys are saying is congradulations and pondering the baby's name. We also shouldn't have sympathy for the people who suffered in Hurricane Katrina since we don't know them either. Tim doesn't want to be a role model and Derek is only using his cancer-sick daughter to get some recognition on TV.

1Parker1
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm confused....did they have the baby or no? :lol

It seems like this thread was started on speculation, I haven't seen the official word on it or anything....

angel_luv
08-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm confused....did they have the baby or no? :lol

It seems like this thread was started on speculation, I haven't seen the official word on it or anything....

I haven't heard that they have.

ploto
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't seen the official word on it or anything....
There won't be any official word.

wattup4
08-05-2007, 09:13 PM

But if some type of horrible tragedy happened to you, you would expect everyone to care about it and you would probably be the first one to complain that you didn't get enough attention and care that you thought you should get

TheAuthority
08-06-2007, 06:53 AM
But if some type of horrible tragedy happened to you, you would expect everyone to care about it and you would probably be the first one to complain that you didn't get enough attention and care that you thought you should get

I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't expect perfect strangers to care. I'm a realist. I would complain to the GOVERNMENT for the lack of assistance they provided, but I would not expect perfect strangers to care about my misfortune. Why should they? I certainly wouldn't be mad or sad if they didn't. I would have more important issues to worry about than whether or not someone thousands of miles away is feeling sorry for me or not. Like feeding my kids, or finding a roof to put over my head. You know, crazy things like that.

MajorMike
08-06-2007, 09:25 AM
What a great example of a thread gone horribly wrong.

mountainballer
08-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Dirk Duncan?
ok...sorry.

TheAuthority
08-20-2007, 03:07 AM
What a great example of a thread gone horribly wrong.

rofl

SpursWillOwn
08-20-2007, 04:26 AM
rofl

nice bump.

TDMVPDPOY
08-20-2007, 06:22 AM
so any news about kids name etc???

spurs=bling
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
If they did welcome another child this month, then congrats to the Duncan family.

ObiwanGinobili
08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
If they did welcome another child this month, then congrats to the Duncan family.
amen

spurs_fan09
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
awww so sweet

wildchild
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
so any news about kids name etc???

Dirk Duncan?

:lmao

HJNTX
08-22-2007, 08:58 PM
So, did she have the baby and is it's name known?

exstatic
08-23-2007, 03:08 AM

duncan228
08-23-2007, 09:24 AM

The only official word I ever found after the Duncan's had their first child, in June '05, came in his NBA.com bio after the start of the '05-'06 season.

I would assume, if his bio is updated at the beginning of this season, we may see it there. But it only said "the couple had their first child in June 2005", it didn't tell us sex or name.

We all found out sooner or later that Sydney was a girl, I figure eventually we'll know.

Gotta respect their privacy, they obviously want it.