PDA

View Full Version : Should Ving Rhames go to jail for this?

thepeopleslawyer
08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A 40-year-old man was mauled to death by as many as four dogs at the home of Ving Rhames on Friday, authorities said.

The victim, who hasn't been identified, had worked at the actor's home for about two years and was responsible for caring for the dogs, said Los Angeles Police officer Sandra Gonzalez.

Four mastiffs were seized by animal services, she said.

Police got a call at 7:15 a.m. from someone reporting a dead body at the home. Gonzalez didn't know who made the call.

The victim was found on the front lawn, she said.

Rhames, 46, who appeared in "Pulp Fiction" and the "Mission: Impossible" series of films, wasn't at home when the attack occurred, she said.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/03/people.vingrhames.dog.ap/index.html

T Park
08-03-2007, 03:26 PM
depends on if its found out he provoked em.

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Ving Rhames is one huge mofo...and he's in almost every movie.

atxrocker
08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
why in the fuck would you get that impression? he cared for the dogs for 2 years, that does not make any sense. and how in the fuck do you figure it could be proved one way or the other?

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Damn that sucks....what a terrible death, a bunch of asshole dogs tearing you apart.

JMarkJohns
08-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Mastiffs are amazing dogs. I've known of three and all three were beyond loyal, not vicious, but certainly protective animals, most where their bark was worse than their bite.

My cousin had an albino mastiff. This thing was massive, weighing well over one-hundred pounds - probably closer to 150, and was named Zombie because of its pale skin and reddish/pink eyes. Crazy looking animal, but, aside from his vicious bark, I don't think he'd hurt anyone.

Again, it's probably nurture and since he was in charge of the care for the animals, may very well be his fault.

atxrocker
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
lol @ all the mastiff apologists. if they were pitbulls everyone would have completely different takes.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
lol @ all the mastiff apologists. if they were pitbulls everyone would have completely different takes.True.

Mastiffs are a family dog and very children oriented. Yes they are protective but its highly unlikely for one to attack unprovoked. I've been around these dogs for years and never have I ever heard of one attacking.

They're big and on average they are around 180 lbs can near 3 feet tall. They are currently in the biggest bred.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/mastiff.htm

also my favorite dog.

Melmart1
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
lol @ all the mastiff apologists. if they were pitbulls everyone would have completely different takes.
lol @ "all" the mastiff apologists, considering there were only five replies before this, and only three were not you, and only one was a mastiff "apologist."

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/mastiff.htm
From the site:

Height: Dogs from 30 inches (76cm)
Bitches from 27 inches (69cm)
Weight: Dogs about 160 pounds (72kg)
Bitches about 150 pounds (68kg)
:lol

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
BTW that's a really good site, give a lot of information for pretty much every single race of dog.

atxrocker
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
lol @ "all" the mastiff apologists, considering there were only five replies before this, and only three were not you, and only one was a mastiff "apologist."

wow, you really do go out of your way to ride my nuts. and for the record, i considered tpark one as well since his post insinuating they were probably provoked seems like they get the benefit of the doubt because they weren't your typical pit or rottweiler and such. and the point still stands you dumb cunt that if it were a breed that the media loves to enhance as vicious that most people would automatically fault the dog and not the caretaker who watched over them for years.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
wow, you really do go out of your way to ride my nuts. and for the record, i considered tpark one as well since his post insinuating they were probably provoked seems like they get the benefit of the doubt because they weren't your typical pit or rottweiler and such. and the point still stands you dumb cunt that if it were a breed that the media loves to enhance as vicious that most people would automatically fault the dog and not the caretaker who watched over them for years.

If I could go out and shoot every pit bull in the world in the head I would. No apologies.

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Michael Vick would love this thread.

atxrocker
08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
If I could go out and shoot every pit bull in the world in the head I would. No apologies.

that has got to be the most disturbing, uneducated things i have ever heard in my life. you should seriously seek help if you're serious about that. some of the best dogs i have ever known have been pitbulls.

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 04:11 PM
If I could go out and shoot every pit bull in the world in the head I would. No apologies.Oh word...

thispego
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Really? why?

violentkitten
08-03-2007, 04:15 PM
atxrocker: apologist for pit bulls and the sacramento kings. one dumb motherfucker too.

PM5K
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Dumbest thread ever..

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
that has got to be the most disturbing, uneducated things i have ever heard in my life. you should seriously seek help if you're serious about that. some of the best dogs i have ever known have been pitbulls.

Also some of the worst.

Luckily for you there will be a lot of breeds left to choose a new favorite after I've taken care of b'ness.

I would never trust a child near a pit bull, sweet or not, because certain bloodlines of this breed have been so severely tainted over the last 30 years that when I see a pit bull I have to automatically assume the worst.

Sure, I'd sooner shoot the breeders in the head, but that would take a little more strategic planning than I have time for.

So, somewhat regrettably, I must stick to Plan A. Sorry.

Melmart1
08-03-2007, 04:25 PM
lol @ you thinking I am riding your nuts. You are overthinking the situation. In reality, I tend to point out the ridiculousness of dumb posts, and since a disproportionate amount of your posts fall under that category, it just appears that I am riding your nuts.

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
lol @ you thinking I am riding your nuts. You are overthinking the situation. In reality, I tend to point out the ridiculousness of dumb posts, and since a disproportionate amount of your posts fall under that category, it just appears that I am riding your nuts.I was actually going to point that "all" part out as well, but I didn't feel like taking the attention away from the case at hand. I figured someone else would, and it didn't take long. :lol

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
If I could go out and shoot every pit bull in the world in the head I would. No apologies.This is one of the funniset posts ever, BTW.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Also some of the worst.

Luckily for you there will be a lot of breeds left to choose a new favorite after I've taken care of b'ness.

I would never trust a child near a pit bull, sweet or not, because certain bloodlines of this breed have been so severely tainted over the last 30 years that when I see a pit bull I have to automatically assume the worst.

Sure, I'd sooner shoot the breeders in the head, but that would take a little more strategic planning than I have time for.

So, somewhat regrettably, I must stick to Plan A. Sorry.I guess you feel the same way about all cocker spaniels?

tlongII
08-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Why would Rhames go to jail? He wasn't even there! :lol

My brother has a 3 year old mastiff that is 175 lbs. It is MASSIVE!

His name is Rio and I think he's great. He is super-protective of my niece and nephew though. He's so big that he could do serious damage.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I guess you feel the same way about all cocker spaniels?

Yes. Thanks for reminding me. I'll add them to the hitlist.

J.T.
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I want to see what all the Michael Vick haters have to say now.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes. Thanks for reminding me. I'll add them to the hitlist.Why don't you just kill all dogs since most have bitten at some point or another.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I want to see what all the Michael Vick haters have to say now.We say

"hope Mike Vick gets the chair".

leemajors
08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I want to see what all the Michael Vick haters have to say now.
what the hell does this have to do with vick? were these mastiffs taken from a group of which the rest had been drowned, electrocuted, and beaten to death?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Why don't you just kill all dogs since most have bitten at some point or another.

You don't breed bad dogs do you?

If so, please PM me your approximate location and I'll take it from there.

leemajors
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5537568

ABC says the cause of death hasn't even been confirmed:

Police say the victim is the 40-year-old caretaker of the property. There were apparently large dog bites on the body.

Police say they are not sure whether it was the dog mauling that proved fatal, or if the man suffered some other type of health problem.

A pair of 200-pound mastiffs have been quarantined by Animal Control, along with two other dogs found on the property.

Slomo
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Also some of the worst.

So, somewhat regrettably, I must stick to Plan A. Sorry.I'm with you on this one!

Why don't you start from your place and go North East I'll start here and go South West. When we meet halfway I'll buy the first round of beer.

How does that sound?

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm with you on this one!

Why don't you start from your place and go North East I'll start here and go South West. When we meet halfway I'll buy the first round of beer.

How does that sound?That would put you guys somewhere around Philly, so count me in.
:drunk

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 05:09 PM
You don't breed bad dogs do you?

If so, please PM me your approximate location and I'll take it from there.Yes I do. Feel free to raid

1 AT&T Center
San Antonio, TX
Phone: (210) 224-9600

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Mastiffs are insane. They were bred as gladiator dogs IIRC, have little or no feelings in their nerve endings, used to go up against animals a dog normally would have no chance against. You can kick one as hard as you possibly can right in the head and it would not budge.
They're like tanks.
What a horrible way to die.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Seriously, anyone who is an apologist for pit bulls or rotts for that matter is just plain nutz. I'm sure these breeds were great at one time, but humans have a way of fvcking up good things. Not the dogs' fault really, but don't try to defend the breeds as being no worse than a cocker spaniel.

Here's something interesting:

"Through January 20, 2002, the log of life-threatening and fatal attacks showed that pit bulls had committed 592 (45%) of the 1,301 total attacks qualifying for inclusion, including 280 (21%) of the attacks on children, 222 (60%) of the attacks on adults, 51 (34%) of the fatal attacks, and 321 (45%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Rottweilers had committed 291 (22%) of the attacks, including 24% of the attacks on children, 63 (17%) of the attacks on adults, 36 (24%) of the fatalities, and 159 (22%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Combined, pit bulls and Rottweilers had committed 72% of all the attacks, 45% of the attacks on children, 77% of the attacks on adults, 58% of the fatalities, and 67% of the maimings and disfigurements."

Source:

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/danger.htm#statistics

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Mastiffs are insane. They were bred as gladiator dogs IIRC, have little or no feelings in their nerve endings, used to go up against animals a dog normally would have no chance against. You can kick one as hard as you possibly can right in the head and it would not budge.
They're like tanks.
What a horrible way to die.Great with kids too. My niece and newphews ride theirs like horses.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Seriously, anyone who is an apologist for pit bulls or rotts for that matter is just plain nutz. I'm sure these breeds were great at one time, but humans have a way of fvcking up good things. Not the dogs' fault really, but don't try to defend the breeds as being no worse than a cocker spaniel.

Here's something interesting:

"Through January 20, 2002, the log of life-threatening and fatal attacks showed that pit bulls had committed 592 (45%) of the 1,301 total attacks qualifying for inclusion, including 280 (21%) of the attacks on children, 222 (60%) of the attacks on adults, 51 (34%) of the fatal attacks, and 321 (45%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Rottweilers had committed 291 (22%) of the attacks, including 24% of the attacks on children, 63 (17%) of the attacks on adults, 36 (24%) of the fatalities, and 159 (22%) of the maimings and disfigurements.

Combined, pit bulls and Rottweilers had committed 72% of all the attacks, 45% of the attacks on children, 77% of the attacks on adults, 58% of the fatalities, and 67% of the maimings and disfigurements."

Source:

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/danger.htm#statisticsThis is a pointless argue but its been discussed here before. I'm sure many many breeds that aren't pits or rotts don't get reported for minor bites but I promise you if a pit nips you its 911 and ring the hurricane bell. Tough stat to relate too. I liken it to the way Dallas reports their crime rates, it was simply inflated.

I don't know if they mean attack or bite because cocker spaniels have or had the highest bite rate of any breed.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
This is a pointless argue but its been discussed here before. I'm sure many many breeds that aren't pits or rotts don't get reported for minor bites but I promise you if a pit nips you its 911 and ring the hurricane bell. Tough stat to relate too. I liken it to the way Dallas reports their crime rates, it was simply inflated.

I don't know if they mean attack or bite because cocker spaniels have or had the highest bite rate of any breed.

58% of fatalities from rotts and pits. How can you spin that any other way? I'll take my chances with cocker spaniel.

Let's let a cocker spaniel bite you and then we'll let a rott bite you and we'll see how you feel after each round. I'll take my chances with the cocker spaniel.

Dumb ass mutherfvcker.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Great with kids too. My niece and newphews ride theirs like horses.

I've only seen one mastiff in my life but they seem like great dogs. Very timid actually. They remind me of big grizzled dopey lazy stoner guys who may seem scary on the outside but are big softies on the inside.

This mastiff got half his face ripped off by a pitbull and just stared at the pitbull like "im sorry, did you want something?"
To actually piss one off, or get killed by four of them.

Wow.
What a horrible horrible way to die. Last breed of dog on earth I'd want to piss off.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Should Ving Rhames go to jail for this?

LOL

wth did he have to do with it? (doggy mind control maybe?)

2Blonde
08-03-2007, 05:37 PM
This is a pointless argue but its been discussed here before. I'm sure many many breeds that aren't pits or rotts don't get reported for minor bites but I promise you if a pit nips you its 911 and ring the hurricane bell. Tough stat to relate too. I liken it to the way Dallas reports their crime rates, it was simply inflated.

Yes. Thanks for reminding me. I'll add them to the hitlist.

Well I'm just glad you decided to add them to your list, because I for one am getting damn tired of all the headlines I keep seeing about those f^%$#ing Cocker Spaniels ripping apart yet another toddler :clap

T Park
08-03-2007, 05:49 PM
If I could go out and shoot every pit bull in the world in the head I would. No apologies

You and Mike Vick would make great friends..

T Park
08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Seriously, anyone who is an apologist for pit bulls or rotts for that matter is just plain nutz. I'm sure these breeds were great at one time, but humans have a way of fvcking up good things. Not the dogs' fault really, but don't try to defend the breeds as being no worse than a cocker spaniel

Yup gotta blame someone.

HAD to be the dog's fault.

Love ignorance.

ALVAREZ6
08-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I think even if the 4 dogs attack Ving, he'd whoop the shit out of all of 'em.

mavs>spurs2
08-04-2007, 02:19 AM
I think even if the 4 dogs attack Ving, he'd whoop the shit out of all of 'em.

:lol You really are clueless.

mavs>spurs2
08-04-2007, 02:21 AM

Since you're such a badass why dont you go out and kill them all with your bare hands pussy?

Pit bulls are great dogs in the right hands, unfortunately there are always going to be uneducated fucks like yourself.

ALVAREZ6
08-04-2007, 02:24 AM
:lol You really are clueless.Ving'll stomp all over them bitches.:ihit

If the situation gets desperate, he whips out the 9 and it's all over.

:makemyday
"Make my day, mastiff!"

mavs>spurs2
08-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Ving'll stomp all over them bitches.:ihit

If the situation gets desperate, he whips out the 9 and it's all over.

:makemyday
"Make my day, mastiff!"

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=382492&in_page_id=1770

hmm..

ALVAREZ6
08-04-2007, 02:29 AM
I don't give a fuck.

E20
08-04-2007, 02:31 AM
I agree with Alvarez.

TheAuthority
08-04-2007, 08:22 AM

ROFL