PDA

View Full Version : Bucher: Artest To Knicks Deal In The Works

ducks
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Bucher: Artest To Knicks Deal In The Works
August 3, 2007 - 3:21 pm
ESPN -
ESPN's Ric Bucher said that he's "heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making" to send the talented two-way swingman back home to New York to play for the Knicks.

Bucher reports the following principal trade terms: a first-round pick, Nate Robinson and either David Lee or Renaldo Balkman.

The Knick may want to include Malik Rose but the Kings want expiring contracts. The Knicks have Dan Dickau's and Fred Jones' expiring contracts to include but this could not happen until August 28.

"Artest would love to be in New York, Sacramento would love to move him and the Knicks would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation -- it's going to get done," said Bucher. [READ]
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47466/20070803/bucher_artest_to_knicks_deal_in_the_works/

ducks
08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
damm rose still has 2 years left on that contract

J.T.
08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm sure the Minny/Boston/KG situation wasn't a slam dunk for all three parties. KG was tired of losing and put his foot down.

But if this deal goes down, is NY a contender? I'd imagine Isaiah will find a way to fuck this up too.

mardigan
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Kings better get Lee out of it

ducks
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
spurs have an expring contract in barry

himat
08-03-2007, 04:02 PM
PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford
SF: Artest
PF: Randolph
C: Curry

That is a talented team. Can they put it together though. Each of those players have a lot of issues.

E20
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Is RealGM a reliable source or is it like HoopsHype?

J.T.
08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
The Knicks are like the Rockets. Both should be a contender on paper but somehow they manage to fuck themselves over every year.

MrChug
08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd say that Sac loses miserably if they don't get David Lee...the only man Isaiah called 'untradeable'.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Is RealGM a reliable source or is it like HoopsHype?
RealGM only collects articles from every sports site and newspaper and puts it on their website. Very rarely you will see an article from RealGM itself. And this article came from ESPN. So yea, it's reliable.

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
damm rose still has 2 years left on that contract

but, but . . . the Spurs are cheap!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
:lol .... Knicks lineup looks like Jailblazers East.

I forgot what a horrible contract Malik had, too bad we didn't have him around to screw up our cap room.

2centsworth
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
what's funny about the article is the only thing I read was Malik is not an expiring contract. By the looks of it, that's all anyone else thought of too.

T Park
08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats a damn good trade for the Kings if they can get Lee, Robinson and a 1.

You'd have a great backup to Bibby. A starting 4 next to Miller.

The first rounder would be in the 20s, but it never hurts to add talent when your rebuilding.

Plus, you would be ridding yourself of a whacko cancer in Artest.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm sure the Minny/Boston/KG situation wasn't a slam dunk for all three parties. KG was tired of losing and put his foot down.

But if this deal goes down, is NY a contender? I'd imagine Isaiah will find a way to fuck this up too.

Hell, no.

They have a bunch of shoot-first guys, a starting PF and C with the same game, and Isaiah Thomas running the show. Artest might get them to the playoffs, but their roster is still a mess and he doesn't make them a contender.

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to be a third party in the deal and steal Lee somehow!

Buddy Holly
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
What's the over/under on how long before Artest murders Spike Lee?