PDA

View Full Version : Is TO a Hall of Famer?

Vinnie_Johnson
08-04-2007, 01:05 AM
I was taking a look at Irvin's numbers and he is only like 125 yards away with like 56 more TD'S. I would say yes how about you?

TheTruth
08-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Of Course.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Of Course.

I think he should be but the baggage and no rings thing? I would put him in.

TLWisfoine
08-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Hell yeah he is!!!

BeerIsGood!
08-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Irvin's in there soley because of the big impact he had with a 3 time Championship team. He made plays on the biggest level, and so far TO has had one great game winning catch in a PO game with SF (in a game he dropped like 4 passes prior), and a bunch of small yardage catches in a Super Bowl in a losing cause in the first game he had played since the regular season due to injury. I think his numbers are getting there, but I still say he has to either do something on a championship team or play for a few more years and really make his stats outstanding to warrant a HOF invite.

John Patrick
08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
maybe

BUMP
08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
4th all time in reception TDs. yes he is in

O-Factor
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes he does. He has the numbers and is not done playing. If he can pad his stats some more he should be a lock on stats alone. But if Dallas can make a Super Bowl run and he is a big impact like he should be, he's gotta be a lock. People say he has baggage, but ESPN is a whore for T.O. Case in point, last year when he missed alot of training camp due to injury, ESPN reported every day about him, how he is being a distraction and all that bullshit. But Steve Smith missed all of training camp last year after having a huge year the year before and ESPN never touched him. Im a diehard Cowboy fan and I was tired of ESPNs CNNSI.com coverage of T.O. Yeah T.O. has a mouth on him and speaks his mind, but has he ever been arrested for drunk driving? Beaten a woman? Been caught with drugs? Done any sort of illegal activity? No no no and NO! All he did was call McNabb a bitch and Garcia gay, and sign a football with a sharpe. Big freakin deal.
I love Micheal Irvin, he wil always be one of my favorite Cowboys for his passion. But he had off field problems and so did alot of other Hall of Famers, so I don't buy that T.O. has "baggage"

greenroom
08-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes he is a Hall of Fame WR

johnsmith
08-04-2007, 10:49 AM
This is an argument that I've been making forever now and I get mixed reviews, but I still say Rod Smith deserves to get in too.

Rod Smith: 849 receptions
11389 yards
68 touchdowns
2 Super Bowl Rings

Terrell Owens: 801 receptions
11715 yards
114 touchdowns

Fuck yes Owens should get in. When it's all said and done, he'll be number 2 on damn near every stat category behind Rice.

mardigan
08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes

Vinnie_Johnson
08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
No Philly fans? I bet they all say no.

TLWisfoine
08-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes he does. He has the numbers and is not done playing. If he can pad his stats some more he should be a lock on stats alone. But if Dallas can make a Super Bowl run and he is a big impact like he should be, he's gotta be a lock. People say he has baggage, but ESPN is a whore for T.O. Case in point, last year when he missed alot of training camp due to injury, ESPN reported every day about him, how he is being a distraction and all that bullshit. But Steve Smith missed all of training camp last year after having a huge year the year before and ESPN never touched him. Im a diehard Cowboy fan and I was tired of ESPNs CNNSI.com coverage of T.O. Yeah T.O. has a mouth on him and speaks his mind, but has he ever been arrested for drunk driving? Beaten a woman? Been caught with drugs? Done any sort of illegal activity? No no no and NO! All he did was call McNabb a bitch and Garcia gay, and sign a football with a sharpe. Big freakin deal.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :clap

TLWisfoine
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM
No Philly fans? I bet they all say no.

Screw Mcnappy, Screw the Eagles, and screw Philly and everyone who resides there.

Flight3107
08-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Vinnie_Johnson
08-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Screw Mcnappy, Screw the Eagles, and screw Philly and everyone who resides there.

I'M Down Fuck Philly :elephant

O-Factor
08-05-2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.terrellowens.com/downloads/myspace/layout2/TOLayout_2.jpg

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I say no. Owens is definitely not a hall of famer. Yes he has good numbers but I think there is more to it than that. Owens has been a blight on every team he has played on from the start. He's disruptive, selfish, childish, non-team oriented, a media hog and if I'm not mistaken bipolar and has ADHD. To think that anyone would vote for that pariah to be in the hall of fame is beyond me. Owens is the epitome of who shouldn't go into the HOF.

It would be a slap in the face and an insult to all of those players already in the hall who helped make their respective teams better to put that freak into the hallowed halls of the HOF. Owens is the type of player who rips teams apart just being there. Is this type of player you want to see at the HOF? I don't think so.

mardigan
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I say no. Owens is definitely not a hall of famer. Yes he has good numbers but I think there is more to it than that. Owens has been a blight on every team he has played on from the start. He's disruptive, selfish, childish, non-team oriented, a media hog and if I'm not mistaken bipolar and has ADHD. To think that anyone would vote for that pariah to be in the hall of fame is beyond me. Owens is the epitome of who shouldn't go into the HOF.

It would be a slap in the face and an insult to all of those players already in the hall who helped make their respective teams better to put that freak into the hallowed halls of the HOF. Owens is the type of player who rips teams apart just being there. Is this type of player you want to see at the HOF. I don't think so.
You mean guys like L.T. and Irvin who had felony cocaine charges? Or maybe Ray Lewis who will one day be there and was charged with murder. Or Warren Moon who beat his wife.
Stupid post, even bringing up things like bipolar and adhd like that is a reason he shouldnt be there. Guy doesnt get in trouble, takes care of his kids, sets up a great foundation, and puts up monster numbers.
People that hate T.O. will say no, but other than the fact that they hate him, they have no argument

TLWisfoine
08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
It would be a slap in the face and an insult to all of those players already in the hall who helped make their respective teams better to put that freak into the hallowed halls of the HOF. Owens is the type of player who rips teams apart just being there. Is this type of player you want to see at the HOF? I don't think so.

You mean it would be an inslult to the number of drug abusers, wife beaters, and other assholes who are in the Hall. This isn't the Hall of morality filled with honest noble men you know!!! :dramaquee

mardigan
08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
You mean it would be an inslult to the number of drug abusers, wife beaters, and other assholes who are in the Hall. This isn't the Hall of morality filled with honest noble men you know!!! :dramaquee
No shit man, how many times has T.O. ever been in trouble with the law?

TLWisfoine
08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
^^^Damn, you beat me!!! I agree with you.

monosylab1k
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Plus Owens has never gotten in any sort of off-the-field trouble. He may be an asshole but he's still a law-abiding citizen which is more than can be said for alot of other guys who don't get villified anywhere near the level TO does.

A couple more solid years and he's a lock for the HOF.

monosylab1k
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
^^^Damn, you beat me!!! I agree with you.
beat me too

bresilhac
08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
You mean guys like L.T. and Irvin who had felony cocaine charges? Or maybe Ray Lewis who will one day be there and was charged with murder. Or Warren Moon who beat his wife.
Stupid post, even bringing up things like bipolar and adhd like that is a reason he shouldnt be there. Guy doesnt get in trouble, takes care of his kids, sets up a great foundation, and puts up monster numbers.
People that hate T.O. will say no, but other than the fact that they hate him, they have no argument

Then I guess I miss the point on who should go into the HOF. What's stupid and idiotic is the fact that scum such as those you mentioned are inducted and guys like Art Monk have to wait for decades to be placed into the Hall. Incidentally, who made you the arbiter on who's posts are stupid and who's aren't? Or was it that you simply disagreed with my response that mad it stupid?

monosylab1k
08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
guys like Art Monk have to wait for decades to be placed into the Hall.
decades?

Monk is debatable anyways. His numbers are more a product of longevity than of him being a truly spectacular player.

slayermin
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes, easily.

Fillmoe
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
hes a washed up piece of shit.... and he will never be a winner

monosylab1k
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
hes a washed up piece of shit.... and he will never be a winner
still bitter

TLWisfoine
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Monk is debatable anyways. His numbers are more a product of longevity than of him being a truly spectacular player.

Very true, but if Lynn Swann can make it then Monk should as well.

mardigan
08-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Then I guess I miss the point on who should go into the HOF. What's stupid and idiotic is the fact that scum such as those you mentioned are inducted and guys like Art Monk have to wait for decades to be placed into the Hall. Incidentally, who made you the arbiter on who's posts are stupid and who's aren't? Or was it that you simply disagreed with my response that mad it stupid?
Its an opinion board, and my opinion was that your post was stupid. You made no points to back up why T.O. shouldnt be in the hall other than him being a bad teamate, and then listed a.d.d. (which I have and isnt any kind of inhibitor to my daily life) and bi-polar diseases (not even sure if he has those either) like those should be reasons for him not to get in. Then you name Monk, who has way less tds than T.O., and will be passed in total yards and receptions within 2 years.
I realize that most people hate T.O., but as far as I know, getting into the hall isnt about being a good person or getting along with all your teamates, I was pretty sure it was about what you do on the field, and on the field, TO is a hall of fame reciever.
And like I said before, other than talking shit and having a big ego, what exactly has this guy done that makes him such a horrible person?

TLWisfoine
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Its an opinion board, and my opinion was that your post was stupid. You made no points to back up why T.O. shouldnt be in the hall other than him being a bad teamate, and then listed a.d.d. (which I have and isnt any kind of inhibitor to my daily life) and bi-polar diseases (not even sure if he has those either) like those should be reasons for him not to get in. Then you name Monk, who has way less tds than T.O., and will be passed in total yards and receptions within 2 years.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Dude bresilhac don't mess with Mardigan.