PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Takes the Gloves Off

Wild Cobra
08-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Here I was searching for a good link with various radio talk show hosts meeting with the president, and I found an interesting interview with Mitt Romney by Jan Mickelson, on WHO radio.

Here’s the kicker. They go off air about 10 minutes into the 20 minute, and supposable Romney thinks he’s not being recorded. I think he knew better, but Romney sure had great responses on and off the air.

Go to the below link and watch the You Tube clip:

Mitt Takes the Gloves Off (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/g/f3863b1b-59be-4e66-be28-bd48562ec10e)

Text of link:

Yesterday, Mitt Romney went into Iowa radio host Jan Mickelson’s studio for a conversation about politics. At least it should have been about politics. Instead, Mickelson decided he wanted to grill Romney on the Mormon church and Mormon theology. (I also thought Mickelson’s comments on politics, namely that the President should overrule the Supreme Court when in the President’s opinion the Court oversteps its bounds, were a tad on the screwy side as well.)

Mickelson’s station, WHO, had a video recorder on the governor that was recording his off-air comments, something that Romney was unaware of. On the air, Mickelson stated that according to Mormon theology, Romney should have been excommunicated from the Mormon Church because he was once pro-choice. Off the air, Romney tried to gently tell Mickelson that he didn’t know what he was talking about. Although I’ve never heard even a snippet of Mickelson’s show before today, I bet Mickelson holding forth on something he knows nothing about happens on a not infrequent basis. The off air exchange (that once again Romney didn’t know was being taped) was at times heated. WHO today posted the footage on its website.

Dirty pool aside, I don’t think Romney has looked better at any time during the campaign. Firm, decisive, authoritative – that’s the guy I know. While it’s a shame that some members of the media will decide that Romney should have to defend his faith and insist that he campaign for theologist-in-chief as well as commander-in-chief, it was wonderful to see Romney making such a strong case for his candidacy and the proper role of religion in the campaign.

The footage above starts a bit slow, but give it time. I promise you it heats up.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-04-2007, 08:41 AM
His name is Mitt Romney and he has the chin, gray hair, oldness and whiteness that just screams "President"

DarkReign
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
He actually came across wonderfully, IMO.

Its refreshing to see a religious person, who so happens to be running for office, be quite fair in his conviction to NOT impress his/her religious views upon the masses.

I dont think he could have come across any better, under the circumstance.

Side note: that host needs to learn what a conversation is. he was much more inclined to listen to his voice than anyone he was interviewing.