PDA

View Full Version : Kobe And Wife Vanessa May Be Calling It Quits

ducks
08-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Kobe And Wife Vanessa May Be Calling It Quits

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_216022047.html

(CBS) LOS ANGELES Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa may soon be calling it quits.

There have been reports for some time now that Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa’s marriage has been on the rocks. These reports seem to be valid, as a contact close to Kobe has stated that the basketball star is prepared to get a divorce.

The couple has been married for 6 years now and has withstood their share of controversy, but now an insider has reported, "They've been trying [to make things better] now for more than a year, but it's just not working out ... Kobe's in the process of moving out [of their home] and both are ready to officially end things (MediaTakeOut.com)."

This break up will not likely be the explosive, high profile scene that we have come to expect from Kobe over the last few years.

Rather than make a drawn out public spectacle of their split, Kobe and Vanessa will likely come to a quiet settlement.

The source close to the couple has stated, "There's very little for [Kobe and Vanessa] to fight over. Since there was no pre-nuptial agreement, Vanessa's entitled to half the marital assets ... Besides, Kobe stands to make a lot more money in the years to come - and that will be all his (MediaTakeOut.com)."

Kobe Bryant has had a very lucrative basketball career, to say the least, and is estimated to have earned nearly $200 million.

This is, of course, community property and subject to the conditions of the settlement. However, at this point in Kobe’s career the best may yet to come.

Over the next four seasons, the Lakers will be are committed to Kobe to the tune of $88.6 million. In addition to his lucrative salary, Kobe’s endorsement deals will continue to pay him nicely, like his $18 million still left with Nike.

After all is said, Kobe Bryant is not likely to walk away in any kind of dire financial straights

SpursWoman
08-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Unfortunate, but no big shocker.

....and don't make me get out my red pen on that one. :lol

http://catcode.com/cit041x/handmarkup.jpg

ducks
08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
he is no saint but I have heard she is worse then him

SequSpur
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
What the fuck does this have to do with the Spurs you fucking idiot?

ducks
08-04-2007, 10:35 AM
did kori ask you to be her deputy you fucking idiot

boutons_
08-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Rupert Murdoch Tabloid Forum

(or maybe the WSJ)

SequSpur
08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
did kori ask you to be her deputy you fucking idiot

No dude, you're really starting to annoy the shit out of me.

I'm not going to turn a blind eye to your special ed skills in this forum. Everybody else gets it, but you continue to be a dumb ass.

1Parker1
08-04-2007, 11:23 AM
:lol She seems like a greater bitch than Kobe!

There's very little for [Kobe and Vanessa] to fight over. Since there was no pre-nuptial agreement, Vanessa's entitled to half the marital assets ... Besides, Kobe stands to make a lot more money in the years to come - and that will be all his

I don't get it...how can all his future earnings be all his alone>? Since there was no pre-nup and they live in Cali, isn't she due half of his future earnings as well? Esp if she has the kids?

exstatic
08-04-2007, 11:26 AM
:lol She seems like a greater bitch than Kobe!

I don't get it...how can all his future earnings be all his alone>? Since there was no pre-nup and they live in Cali, isn't she due half of his future earnings as well? Esp if she has the kids?
Future earnings aren't community property, but if they have kids there will be child support. I think that's it, though. Because of community property, I don't believe alimony is in order, although I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Mitch Cumsteen
08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Paging Karl Malone... it's open season for hunting little Mexican girls.

T Park
08-04-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't like Kobe because hes an adultering piece of trash.

This though, is sad to see.

Too bad they couldn't work it out. Understandable though, she prob can't trust the guy.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Why Is This In The Spurs Forum Forum.

judaspriestess
08-04-2007, 12:23 PM
If it starts off topsy turvy it will always be topsy turvy.

Words never rang so true more than for these two. Too bad their marriage is ending, no matter what I'm sure a divorce is painful and really expensive in this case.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2007, 12:28 PM
You happy Sequ?

Kori Ellis
08-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Future earnings aren't community property, but if they have kids there will be child support. I think that's it, though. Because of community property, I don't believe alimony is in order, although I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

They might split the current assets, then give her alimony for the first couple years so she can "get on her feet" :lol and then obviously she'd get child support the whole time, which I'm sure will be excessive.

JamStone
08-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't like Kobe because hes an adultering piece of trash.

You don't like 80% of NBA players, if that low a percentage.

Trainwreck2100
08-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, once a whore always a whore.

lotr1trekkie
08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
He's still an unconvicted rapist who paid millions so he didn't have to take the stand in a civil case and therefore face perjury charges. Maybe OJ and Kobe can hang out. You is what you is!

lurker
08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I can't believe a CBS affiliate would use a site like mediatakeout.com as a source. What's next, using stories from theonion.com?

Kori Ellis
08-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I can't believe a CBS affiliate would use a site like mediatakeout.com as a source. What's next, using stories from theonion.com?

:lol I was going to say that too. It's odd CBS would quote a tabloid. Maybe the publications are owned by the same company :)

BradLohaus
08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Paging Karl Malone... it's open season for hunting little Mexican girls.

:lol I wish I had a pic of him in that safari outfit. I remember seeing one in the paper or a magazine when that all happened.

Chris Childs
08-04-2007, 03:49 PM
......Kobe is still a Bitch if he leaves that overrated piece of trash

Medvedenko
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Who Cares....

Avitus1
08-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Thats a shocker. :-/

baseline bum
08-04-2007, 05:34 PM
LMAO @ his chick demanding a trade. Does that mean he'll start talking to his dad again since he was right about her ass? :lol

itzsoweezee
08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
should've listened to his parents. kobe is mental case, and now he's going to paying millions and millions every year to some chick he hates. dumbass.

dallaskd
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Did he ask to be traded?

Switchman
08-05-2007, 12:50 AM
He should just buy out her contract.

LA24
08-05-2007, 09:34 AM

There's a reason he posted this in the
NBA NEWS CENTRAL forum.

I think you're the idiot in this case.

SpursWoman
08-05-2007, 09:47 AM
There's a reason he posted this in the
NBA NEWS CENTRAL forum.

I think you're the idiot in this case.

It was originally in the Spurs Forum and was moved here, so...uhhh... *ahem*

He should just buy out her contract.

He's going to, to the tune of 100 million or so. :wow :lol

lebomb
08-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Im shocked it lasted this long.............noone, and I mean NOONE should marry at 18-19yrs old these days. I think everyone should experience a whole lotta life before they marry. IMHO.

lefty
08-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Did he ask to be traded?

Well, as a rule of thumb, he does that every other day

sa_kid20
08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
well i guess kobe will be busy trying to get those tattoos removed now

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Or maybe not:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/kcbstv-takes-down-kobe-bryant-divorce-story-link-13512.php

CBS-TV WEBSITE TAKES DOWN BRYANT DIVORCE REPORT: KCBS in Los Angeles cited on its website Friday a report from Mediatakeout.com that stated a "a divorce is imminent" between Kobe and Vanessa Bryant.

KCBS Kobe Bryant Divorce

After SbB linked the KCBS.com report, we received this via email from KCBS sports producer Gordon Allen: "That story was reported only on kcbs.com and not on any TV newscast. It is a seperate (sic) entity from the sports/news department at KCBS and should be attributed that way."

One of two things is happening with this. Either KCBS-TV is terrified of blowing up its relationship with Kobe Bryant (even if it is first with the news - which is an enormous story in Los Angeles).

Or uber-connected L.A.-based KCBS sports anchors Jim Hill and Steve Hartman (and KCAL's John Ireland) may have shot down the report upon speaking with Bryant.

1Parker1
08-05-2007, 04:16 PM
:lol He's flip-flopping as he was with the trade talks earlier this summer!

mikejones99
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Another Multi million dollar whore gonna get paid. When are NBA players gonna realize you should rent bitches and not buy them? NO cunt should be paid more than $1000 a month. Paying for a used vagina is just horrible when you won't even be able to use it anymore but still have to pay.

ploto
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
The child support money is for the children- at least it should be spent that way.

I just think it is interesting the assumptions being made by the people in this thread. He cheats and she is the whore.

lebomb
08-05-2007, 08:48 PM
The child support money is for the children- at least it should be spent that way.

I just think it is interesting the assumptions being made by the people in this thread. He cheats and she is the whore.

No shit, people are dumbasses.......yall honestly think she would cheat on Kobe Bryant??? With whom?? Not any ordinary guy......it would have to be Brad Pitt or some shit. Gosh people are ignorant. :rolleyes

ploto
08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
No shit, people are dumbasses.......yall honestly think she would cheat on Kobe Bryant??? With whom?? Not any ordinary guy......it would have to be Brad Pitt or some shit. Gosh people are ignorant. :rolleyes
I am not presuming to say that she did or did not cheat, but we do know for a fact that he did.

MajorMike
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Three words. Al. Lee. Mony.