PDA

View Full Version : Cavs take good look at Hudson, they should TAKE BENO INSTEAD!

ducks
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Cavs take good look at Hudson

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/8908557.html

Cavs take good look at Hudson
Ex-Minnesota player is part of a quiet but active summer for brass

By Brian Windhorst Beacon Journal sportswriter

Published on Saturday, Aug 04, 2007

It might not be popular to fans dying for action in a summer of blockbuster trades, but the Cavaliers are staying the course and taking a conservative approach.

With two months until the start of training camp, the Cavs will continue to be methodical when it comes to making roster moves. That does not mean Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry hasn't been active. The Cavs have explored numerous options, but like most teams that made the playoffs last season, they have been quiet.

Here is an update of the goings-on:

There are no serious discussions with restricted free agents Anderson Varejao or Sasha Pavlovic. The sides have exchanged proposals and are waiting for the unpredictable late-summer market to develop. The Cavs, who control the rights to both players, are not in any hurry to make a deal.

After getting close to a trade with the Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs that would've landed Mike Bibby last month, the sides have stopped serious discussions. League sources said the Cavs have made it known that they will not trade Drew Gooden or be involved in a sign-and-trade with Varejao unless they get a quality big man in return. Which is why the rights to Argentine big man Luis Scola were in play in the Bibby talks that involved Gooden.

The Cavs have spoken to a number of free-agent point guards, but have been reluctant to sign any. They are looking for a starter-quality point guard; those players are only available by trade at this point. They also don't want to bring in a player who would stunt the growth of guard Daniel Gibson.

They looked into the availability of Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro, whose rights seem close to being traded from the Washington Wizards to the Memphis Grizzlies. The latest free agent whom the Cavs have contacted with some interest is Troy Hudson, whose $12 million buyout of his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves became official Friday.

Hudson, a 10-year veteran who averaged 5.9 points and 2.1 assists last year, would play for the NBA minimum and is interested in coming to the Cavs.

''Troy would have great interest in the Cavs,'' said Bill Neff, Hudson's agent. ''I hope they kick the tires on him and see if he can help.''

Sources said the Cavs had cursory discussions with Golden State Warriors restricted free-agent wing Mickael Pietrus. The talks never got serious, and the Cavs are not pursuing him at the moment.

The team has been looking to make a deal for a fifth big man; it appears that free agent Scot Pollard will not return.

After conducting numerous interviews, coach Mike Brown is still considering options in adjusting his coaching staff. He has been looking for a replacement for assistant Kenny Natt, who left for the Sacramento Kings last month. noweb

ploto
08-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I know people want to dump Beno but I think he's coming into camp in great shape.

ducks
08-04-2007, 09:39 AM
if he plays fine and shoots and not bring up the ballbut he is taking up a roster spot and is not helping the spurs

if beno plays he must play with manu and barry
2 other ball handlers why baby the baby

angel_luv
08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I know people want to dump Beno but I think he's coming into camp in great shape.

I believe.
Dajmo Beno. :)

SequSpur
08-04-2007, 10:26 AM
if he plays fine and shoots and not bring up the ballbut he is taking up a roster spot and is not helping the spurs

You absolutely make no fucking sense.

himat
08-04-2007, 10:29 AM

:wtf

ducks
08-04-2007, 10:34 AM
beno struggles bringing the ball up the court
when he plays he must play with manu and barry
(tp will be on the bench)

Bruno
08-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I have nothing against keeping Beno as 3rd string guard : he knows the team, is a good quite and is quite talented.
Spurs could dump him if they need to save some money or if they have found a good PG prospect somewhere.
The good news is that lot of teams are looking for a PG and the remaining FA crop is very weak. Teams like Cleveland, Golden State, Charlotte or New Jersey could be interested in Beno and they have trade exceptions/cap space available to get him

SequSpur
08-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Where does it mention Beno?

exstatic
I think if that Cavs/Beno rumor had a shred of truth to it, it would have been done by now. The need for a PG/shooter is definitely there in Cleveland. They must think as much of him as our FO and fans.

People like to extrapolate who might use their trade exceptions on which players, when in fact they may never use it because of payroll constraints.

exstatic
It doesn't. That's ducks' shouted wish.

SAtown
08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Misleading title

Trainwreck2100
08-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hudson signs with Boston and his buddy KG.

Budkin
08-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't liking the Beno when is he playing bball for Spurs team!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hudson signs with Boston and his buddy KG.

HUDSON TO FOLLOW?

The agent for Troy Hudson said the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to buy out the point guard's contract, making him a free agent — and possibly headed to Boston.

Bill Neff said he has reached a verbal agreement with Wolves owner Glen Taylor to sever ties. Minnesota will pay Hudson just under $6 million this year and just over $6.3 million next season, which is about 80 percent of what Hudson was owed.

One team that could be in Hudson's sights is Boston. Hudson and new Celtic Garnett are good friends who played together in Minnesota for the past five seasons.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/celtics-one-hudson-1793064-timberwolves-minnesota

ShoogarBear
08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I know people want to dump Beno but I think he's coming into camp in great shape.What a shock.

I guess getting rid of that lazy influence from Butler makes all the difference.

Obstructed_View
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Unless Pop steps in front of a bus before camp it doesn't matter what kind of condition he's in. He'll have to play nearly flawless basketball just to stay on the court. He gets benched the first time there's a mistake, sometimes when it isn't even his. I think he's a waste of a roster spot on this team, and he'll be very good somewhere else. I'm not sure why he was re-signed. I'd have much rather seen him let go for nothing than Scola.

dg7md
08-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Beno sucks.

ducks
08-04-2007, 06:39 PM

well you can read wow it does not
ducks does :clap

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
You absolutely make no fucking sense.

:lol