PDA

View Full Version : Standing eye to eye with Rick Fox in 2002

Clutch20
08-04-2007, 12:23 PM
This is a retelling of a strange occurance of me standing eye to eye with Rick Fox and some LA Lakers, must have been back in '02.

While the Lakers were in town to play the Spurs (later on in the Western semis-Lakers win 4-1)
Phil Jackson wanted to keep his boys from getting into mischief or letting mischief get to them, so he asked someone on the Spurs (can't remember who) to recommend a night spot that was upper scale and secluded. That person recommended Marks On The Riverwalk, being that the owner was his friend and that he had been there and saw the customers as ok to mix with.
Jackson was relieved.

Ha!

What old Phil didn't know was that that night was promo night!

Camel cigarette company had backed up it's truck earlier in the day loaded with desert sheik's tents (4), fake full-size camels (3), sheik costumes for the band (3, crap!), and had dropped off 6 coordinators dressed in female desert full costumes..................
......and a group of scantily clad slave girls (5), skimpy little gold spandex glittery looking outfits suitable for drooling over.

The stage lights were swinging madly to the pulse of the music we were playing in our sheik costumes wearing sunglasses, the slave girls were gyrating any part of their body that would cooperate, the club crowd got into the mood and were pumped......................

.......and that's when Rick Fox and Co. walked in. They walked into a bedlam of absolute wantoness, a scene as lustful and sexual that any movie has ever depicted!!!!!

At first, they stopped at the opening in back of the club next to the aquariums and stood for a few moments. Then most of them stayed there except for Rick. He came onto the dance floor and lazered his eyes onto one slave girl's rear end, moved closer to her, shook his head, then walked towards the band, stopped dead center at the keyboard player dressed as a sheik and looked me straight into my eyes, which were covered by the shades. The only reason I could stare right back was because the stage was raised a foot and some inches, otherwise I would have had to look up at him.

Rick then turned around, looked at his crew, and one by one they came closer to the stage where Rick was at. The first was Tyrone Lue, then Devean George, then Pargo (?) but no Shaq or Kobe.

They stuck around for about an hour, drinking talking but not dancing, no one went up to them or bothered them, they were just taking in the all the surrealism as much as they could, then went upstairs to the vip cigar lounge for some expensive relaxation.

That night will be one I'll never forget, my buds and I went afterwards to Mi Tierra's to compare notes and observations.

The band's name is 3 Stepz
This is not the best of pics but the only one I have right now, I'll get a better one later to replace this one............

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/3-stepz-web-informal-2.jpg