PDA

View Full Version : New Snaq interview about Kobe

Chris Childs
08-04-2007, 03:43 PM
DGN: What do you think about the Kobe situation in Los Angeles?

Shaq: He was pushing hard for an upgrade in talent, now hes sitting back and quiet. He had to watch the Celts get The Big Ticket, he probably didnt like that.

DGN: What will it take for Kobe to be happy in Los Angeles?

Shaq: He wont ever be happy there. Management has made its decision. 3 years ago the front office chose a young kid named Kobe Bryant over me, it was tough, but I had to accept it and move on. They are a stubborn organization. They wanted to go young, they forced me out. The wanted to build around Bryant. Well 3 years later, they have made it pretty obvious they have chosen someone else over Bryant. They have turned down several all stars because they are so high on Andrew Bynum. The fact is they have to give up Bynum to make Kobe happy, and they wont. They have chosen Bynum over Kobe just like they chose Kobe over me. Kobe has to accept that. Look at the management, they could have had Kidd, Baron, Jermaine, KG, and the list goes on. The way they are built you either trade Bynum for a star and let Kobe win now, or you wait on Bynum for the future and trade Kobe or let him stay around and wait for Bynum. Its obvious they have chosen to go with Bynum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think about this?

DISCUSS

Medvedenko
08-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Too Funny...but maybe the big fella is right...the thing before though was Kobe was already a HOF player when Shaq was traded....

Fabbs
08-04-2007, 04:44 PM
who is DGN?

ShoogarBear
08-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Shaq is just trying to stir shit up.

ALVAREZ6
08-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Shaq is just trying to stir shit up.It does seem that way, plus Shaw's tone gives you that impression. But he sort of is right in that argument. I still think it's Kobe's team though, but they did have chances to bring in some talent.

Fabbs
08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Link?

spurscenter
08-05-2007, 03:55 PM
DGN: What do you think about the Kobe situation in Los Angeles?

Shaq: He was pushing hard for an upgrade in talent, now hes sitting back and quiet. He had to watch the Celts get The Big Ticket, he probably didnt like that.

DGN: What will it take for Kobe to be happy in Los Angeles?

Shaq: He wont ever be happy there. Management has made its decision. 3 years ago the front office chose a young kid named Kobe Bryant over me, it was tough, but I had to accept it and move on. They are a stubborn organization. They wanted to go young, they forced me out. The wanted to build around Bryant. Well 3 years later, they have made it pretty obvious they have chosen someone else over Bryant. They have turned down several all stars because they are so high on Andrew Bynum. The fact is they have to give up Bynum to make Kobe happy, and they wont. They have chosen Bynum over Kobe just like they chose Kobe over me. Kobe has to accept that. Look at the management, they could have had Kidd, Baron, Jermaine, KG, and the list goes on. The way they are built you either trade Bynum for a star and let Kobe win now, or you wait on Bynum for the future and trade Kobe or let him stay around and wait for Bynum. Its obvious they have chosen to go with Bynum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think about this?

DISCUSS

SHAQ is 100000000 % correct

LakeShow
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Shaq is just trying to stir shit up.

I think this will do it! :dramaquee

ShoogarBear
08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I think this will do it! :dramaqueeI don't know. When you have the reputation he does, you have a lot higher bar to clear.

On the standardized Shaq-Kobe quote scale, this doesn't rate higher than a 5 or 6.

Now, if Shaq had said something about Vanessa . . . :stirpot:

LakeShow
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't know. When you have the reputation he does, you have a lot higher bar to clear.

On the standardized Shaq-Kobe quote scale, this doesn't rate higher than a 5 or 6.

Now, if Shaq had said something about Vanessa . . . :stirpot:

I was thinking moreso of stirring the pot with the Lakers and Kobe. He and Shaq seem to be friends again but reading this will probably piss him off again.

Fabbs
08-07-2007, 03:10 AM
I was thinking moreso of stirring the pot with the Lakers and Kobe. He and Shaq seem to be friends again but reading this will probably piss him off again.
Why? I would think it would validate what in large part brought on Kobes PMS a while back. Kobe would find this supportive.

ShoogarBear can this op quote be linked as Childs appears to be on vacation. Or is "DGN" some acronymn that supposed to be all known?

TDMVPDPOY
08-07-2007, 04:46 AM
what goes around, comes around

MajorMike
08-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Snaq has always been spot on and serious when talking about the Laker FO. I have no reason to doubt him.