PDA

View Full Version : Trail Blazers: Dudley retires

ducks
10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, October 1, 2003

News
Long-timer NBA center Chris Dudley announced his retirement on Tuesday, the Associated Press reported. Dudley played only three games with Portland in 2002-03, his 16th season in the league. The Yale grad was originally a fourth-round pick of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1987. "I've been blessed to have spent my career playing a game that I love," Dudley said in a statement. "The fans and the community have been immensely supportive and it's now time to move on to the next chapter of my life. Although I will miss playing in the NBA, I'm looking forward to more time with my family."

Views
Dudley was one of the league's worst shooters, but he made up for that lack of skill by being a tough rebounder and hard-nosed defender. He was never much of a fantasy basketball player, but he was a nice role player for the Nets, Knicks, and Blazers throughout the 1990s and we applaud him for that. Good luck in life after basketball, Chris.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=fanball-trailblazersdudleyre&prov=fanball&type=lgns)