PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs this year's Red Sox?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
And I don't mean that they have some century long curse on them. I mean their damn hair. I was just talking to a friend and mentioned that since Dallas split up Nash and Shaggywitzi the Spurs may be the worst haired team in the league now. Tim looks like he bought himself a fro starter kit much like Horry's, Manu's shagging it up a little himself, and Beno and Barry look like mini-me versions of Nash and Dirk.

And what was the key to the Bo-Sox this year? Damon's Jesus look, Arroyo's cornrows, and Manny and Pedro activating their heads.

I'm not saying this guarantees a championship or anything, but it couldn't hurt. It certainly explains the .800 start.

boutons
12-10-2004, 05:34 PM
don't forget Pops own "power-wanna-be-mullet" :)

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Injuries to other teams explain the Spurs start.

But we do have a frizzy bunch.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2004, 05:40 PM
I almost forgot about Pop's mullet in training. It's hard to believe that even with that haircut it's only the third worst haircut among Texas coaches in the NBA behind Nelly's "Steve Nash at 75 years old" look and Jeff Van Gundy's "Combover of Doom".

sickdsm
12-10-2004, 07:23 PM
I really noticed Tims and Manu's hair last night. I don't like either of them but Manu's just looks awkward. Like he's either going to grow it out or he's 3 months overdue for a mopjob. But either one of them beats the poodle twins here in 'Sota.

T Park
12-10-2004, 08:22 PM
The Schwinn Handlebar brothers Sprewell and Hudson?

violentkitten
12-10-2004, 08:45 PM
http://www.splashcru.com/images/Paulmooney3.jpg

tpark's posts make ducks' posts seem like shakespeare

ShoogarBear
12-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Manu is overcompensating for his impending bald spot, I think.

Unfortunately, growing it long just calls more attention to it. You notice it's really thick everywhere except at the top.

He just needs to bit the bullet and Danny Ferry it.