PDA

View Full Version : FL Republican Blames Black Males For Solicitation Charge

Nbadan
08-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh sure, blame the victim....

Rep. Allen says he feared black men in park

TAMPA - Police released taped statements from a state leader accused of trying to buy sex in a men's room. State Representative Bob Allen says he was feeling nervous and offered sex to get away from a man he didn't trust.

Allen chairs the House Energy Committee and co-chairs Senator John McCain's presidential campaign in Florida. He is the Police Union's 2007 Lawmaker of the Year, and he recently sponsored a bill to crack down on soliciting sex in public parks.

But he told police he did offer sex to an undercover officer in a public park men's room.

"He goes, you want $20 if i give you (oral sex). I'm like I don't want (oral sex), but I'll tell ya... I can give you one. What if I give you one?" said Allen.

Allen also warned the man of undercover cops.

"I said they're around here, you ought to know about that."

Allen didn't know he was talking to a policeman until he pulled out a badge. He explained his behavior shortly after his arrest.

"This (undercover officer) is a pretty stocky black guy, and there's other black guys around in the park that—you know!"

Allen said he was also frightened of the weather. So he fled to the men's room.

"I said the building is safer than staying out here, so I went back in and I sat down."

He said he offered the man in the men's room what he thought he wanted, just so he could get out safely.

"I went ahhh -- I'm about to be a statistic. You catch all kinds of people, so a legislator is like whoa! You know, especially one that's the (police union) guy of the year...this is too ironic!"

Allen sponsored six different sex crime bills just this year -- three focus on indecent exposure and soliciting sex. He was arrested last month in Titusville. He said he will keep fighting in court.

Linky (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3966415&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)

...the hypocrisy.....the hypocrisy..................

possessed
08-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeesh, could there be anything more embarrassing?

Ever since the George Michaels story, I quit using restrooms in public parks. Plenty of trees in the parks in my area.

DarkReign
08-07-2007, 09:21 AM
What a lame attempt at an excuse.

This is in the all-world of dumbass explanations.

Oh, Gee!!
08-07-2007, 09:25 AM
geigh

Oh, Gee!!
08-07-2007, 09:34 AM
He said he offered the man in the men's room what he thought he wanted, just so he could get out safely.

this guy is a true hero. he is a brave american, and fine example for the nation's yutes.