PDA

View Full Version : Spurs play in a barn????

da_suns_fan__
08-05-2007, 11:18 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/0802p2main0803.html

Circle these dates
Suns' return to San Antonio among intriguing games

Doug Haller
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 2, 2007 11:41 PM
• PDF version

Got to hand it to the NBA schedule gurus. They know an explosive matchup when they see one.

Is it really a surprise that the Suns open the 2007-08 season in Seattle, where recently traded Kurt Thomas will have waited months to deliver the season's first flagrant foul?

Surely, the NBA will remind the night's officials of comments Thomas made to The Republic shortly after learning he was dealt to Seattle for some office supplies and a case of Pat Burke hair-restoration tonic.

"I had a great time in Phoenix. I was fortunate enough to be around some great guys and a great coaching staff. The city is great. I can't say a bad thing about Phoenix."

Obviously, the words of a man motivated by revenge.

Or not.

Two other Suns games that caught our eye:

• Dec. 17 at San Antonio: Steve Nash's nose gash aside, all the ugliness from last year took place in the barn Texans call the AT&T Center.

Just think about it: Raja Bell missing a possible winning free throw during the regular season; Tim Donaghy's presence in Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals; Robert Horry's hard foul; Bruce Bowen's knee to Nash's private region.

Speaking of Bowen, he spoke to the Dallas Cowboys last week about the importance of understanding your role within the team structure. So if the Cowboys start eye gouging, kneeing crotches or kicking Achilles' tendons, Suns fans might know why.

By the way, the person who invited Bowen to Cowboys camp: Team consultant Calvin Hill, otherwise known as Suns forward Grant Hill's father.

• March 26 at Boston: If he hasn't demanded a trade by then, Kevin Garnett should have the Celtics near the top of the Eastern Conference standings, not that it means much.

But let's face it: Garnett's move to the East helps the Suns tremendously. More than anyone - David Stern included - the guy has tormented Phoenix.

In 2006, Garnett swatted a Shawn Marion shot at the buzzer, preserving a 103-101 win at US Airways Center. Last season, he scored 44 points to help Minnesota snap Phoenix's record 17-game winning streak.

What we're trying to say is, good riddance.

:lol

Findog
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Pussy

da_suns_fan__
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Pussy

Thats it????!!!!

Wheres the endless pictures of former Suns?

Or the statement that Im a bandwagon fan and wouldn't be able to pick our Charles Barkley or Kevin Johnson out of a lineup???!!!!

btw - Charles Barkley is a commentator for TNT. I could be the biggest bandwagoner in the history of sports and still be able to pick him out of a lineup.

Thats like saying "This guy is a bandwagon Bulls fan...he probably couldn't even pick Jordan or Pippen out of a lineup".

Or the Lakers and Magic Johnson. Celtics and Bird. Dallas and................................eh............. .Renaldo Blackman?!!

E20
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
The Suns suck.

da_suns_fan__
08-05-2007, 11:28 PM
The Suns suck.

Thanks Mr. Rosen. What else you got?

E20
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks Mr. Rosen. What else you got?
Well, what? They do. :lol

Findog
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Thats it????!!!!

That one word says so much....and in your case, pretty much says it all.

Renaldo Blackman?!!

Rolando Blackman.

da_suns_fan__
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, what? They do. :lol

So nothing?

The Spurs REALLY suck.

There...I "outdid" San Antonio's finest.

da_suns_fan__
08-05-2007, 11:33 PM
That one word says so much....and in your case, pretty much says it all.

Rolando Blackman.

Oops. Thanks for the correction! :toast

sa_kid20
08-05-2007, 11:36 PM
what are you exactly trying to accomplish be starting this thread?

E20
08-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Well I guess if winning 4 championships and a bunch of other awards and garnering the most wins in the past decade in all 3 major US sports is considered to be 'really sucky'........then the Phoenix Suns suck REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad.

But, then again the Suns are fun to watch, so Phoneix fans can't complain. You guys are happy with your 2nd round Playoff exits.

Findog
08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
what are you exactly trying to accomplish be starting this thread?

Troll. Penis Envy. Spurs have 4 titles, Suns have 0. It takes quite the d-bag to get me to sympathize with the Spurs and their fans.

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2007, 11:44 PM
It is a fucking barn, it houses livestock for a couple weeks a year. That being said, it's a barn that houses more trophies than the entirety of the Pheonix suns organization.

Kermit
08-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Reads like another Suns article laced with excuses. No suprise there. They'll start blaming their ineptitude on David Stern's hemorrhoid in the coming months. I've yet to see a member of the Sun's organization take responsibility for their shortcomings or see their fan base place the blame on the players and I guess that I never will. What an organization of losers.

judaspriestess
08-06-2007, 12:23 AM
keep talking trained parrot, keep talking

AAACK spurs are boring, spurs are boring AAACK

spursfan09
08-06-2007, 12:30 AM
The Spurs could play inside your mother's house and it wouldn't make a difference. We'd still have 4 more rings than the Suns franchise has.

AnkleBreaker21
08-06-2007, 12:33 AM
we some barn winning motherfuckas though:lol

Leetonidas
08-06-2007, 12:59 AM
:sleep

rayray2k8
08-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Do you sun fans actually think we care what you think? This is starting to became a tired act already..

Switchman
08-06-2007, 01:41 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6465/waterthug2rv.gif

Johnny RIngo
08-06-2007, 02:12 AM
The obsession continues...

One year from now da_s0ns_fan will be bitching on the Houston/Denver/Utah forums after the S0ns get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Avitus1
08-06-2007, 02:14 AM
You do know a new season is coming up right? Maybe its time to stop making up excuses for sucking in the past and make new excuses for sucking in the future.

Slomo
08-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Well at least our "barn" is still standing...

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Spurs_visit_phx.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2007, 07:21 AM

Talk about being bitter... let it go Phoenix..let it go... move one

Soul_Patch
08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Lol....another notch on the fucking absolutely pathetic tree. Seriously suns, suns fans, suns media...get over it already.

Are you guys really gonna be fucking cutting your wrists in the corner all summer, you lost...thats it...excuses or not, nothing is going to rewind and see if possibly it would have been different. its done, over with, come to reality...you have a shot to do it again next year, not likely, but hey...at least look forward you fucking twats.

MajorMike
08-06-2007, 08:36 AM
On another note, I was getting a little worried there. It was already Monday and no Spur fans had started any threads about the Suns. But of course, the obsession continues....

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Rocky beat Drago by training in a barn. There's nothing wrong with barns.

Fun barn fact: Not only are the Amish masters at raising barns, they have won the exact same number of NBA championships as the Phoenix Suns.

BobcatsDynasty
08-06-2007, 09:25 AM
The Suns are a fluke.

MajorMike
08-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Fun barn fact: Not only are the Amish masters at raising barns, they have won the exact same number of NBA championships as the Phoenix Suns.

Oh, SNAP!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Suns fans are clearly worried about this...

SRJ
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
keep talking trained parrot, keep talking

AAACK spurs are boring, spurs are boring AAACK

angel_luv
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM

:lol :lol

hater
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
it's only a barn when we play the chicken shit suns

Mister Sinister
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/who_cares_03.gif

tsb2000
08-06-2007, 06:45 PM
That's a barn where championship teams are raised, thank you. :)

Truth be told, you would be amazed at how much the AT&T Center and US Airways center are alike. Aside from the seat fabric color, it's just about the same place on the inside. :spin

Switchman
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Rocky beat Drago by training in a barn. There's nothing wrong with barns.

lol winner.

/end thread

SpurForLife
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/who_cares_03.gif

:clap :lol

Spursdynastydynasty
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
The Suns are a fluke.
You are a fluke. Spursdynasty is the greatest great of all the great posters in the history of great posters. Your posts are flukes.

Dex
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Our barn is newer than your barn.

And it has more banners, too.

slayermin
08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
The beer is cold and the food is damn good in our barn. And to my surprise, I did not detect any smell of manure. What else do you want?

Oh, it gets loud in the AT&T. If everyone is up and cheering, it's definitely an intimidating environment.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Are the Suns attempting to resort to building smack? :lmao

Seriously, does this even deserve a "scoreboard"?

JMarkJohns
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I wish my team's barn had four Championship banners hanging from it.

Xylus
08-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I like how a few Suns trolls that frequent this board = All Suns fans in the world + the media.

I'd like to take this moment to give a nice "Fuck You" to anyone who generalizes all Suns fans.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I like how a few Suns trolls that frequent this board = All Suns fans in the world + the media.

I'd like to take this moment to give a nice "Fuck You" to anyone who generalizes all Suns fans.
I love how the Suns fans that jump on my each and every post that doesn't specifically qualify only the morons, manage to do so with such efficiency that I don't even have time to go back and edit my post, which I was about to do when I saw the above, yet they are nowhere to be found when the Suns trolls are causing problems and being a nuisance.

Oh well, since the qualifications are only for the benefit of the one Suns fan who isn't consistently a whining crying pussy, and he already knows who he is, I'm done.

If you aren't going to take on the morons that set a poor example, then you aren't any better than they are and don't deserve to be separated from them.

JMarkJohns has distinguished himself from the other Suns fans by his example. You will achieve the opposite result by crying about how unfairly you are treated.

td4mvp21
08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
The originality of Suns trolls continues to amaze me. I have never heard anyone call the AT&T Center a barn before :tu.

:lmao

Suns fan: "The Spurs own our team, so let's insult their arena since we have nothing else to fall back on."

JMarkJohns
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Xylus. I too hate the generalizations. But I've realized to just let it go. They don't have a problem with us. They have an issue with the idiots who are only here to incite. I do as well, hence their inclusion on my ignore list.

I hate that they are the very vocal, very ignorant minority. But I can't post 10-times per day here. I can't keep up, and I found that by trying to make people recognize their generalizations are silly, that I spent more time doing that, than trying to set an example.

Whining about people whining about others whining doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm not on here enough to that, and post in the threads I actually can contribute to.

I think most every poster with more than 500 posts to their names knows that there are several quality Suns fans on the board. There fight isn't with them. I know you, Louis, Ron Mexico, BillsCarnage, OldDirtMcGirt and a handful of others fall into that category. I'm sure they do to, but sometimes it's forgotten in the face of vast amounts of BS.

Anyways, I think Phoenix resorting to this petty stuff is silly. It proves nothing except that some of these moronic fanatics here actually have a media voice. If nothing, it validates their short-sighted notions, that, in reality, are wrong.

wildchild
08-11-2007, 10:08 AM
The Suns give pain. They don't know how to lose, though they try it :lol

Nashfan
08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Xylus. I too hate the generalizations. But I've realized to just let it go. They don't have a problem with us. They have an issue with the idiots who are only here to incite. I do as well, hence their inclusion on my ignore list.

I hate that they are the very vocal, very ignorant minority. But I can't post 10-times per day here. I can't keep up, and I found that by trying to make people recognize their generalizations are silly, that I spent more time doing that, than trying to set an example.

Whining about people whining about others whining doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm not on here enough to that, and post in the threads I actually can contribute to.

I think most every poster with more than 500 posts to their names knows that there are several quality Suns fans on the board. There fight isn't with them. I know you, Louis, Ron Mexico, BillsCarnage, OldDirtMcGirt and a handful of others fall into that category. I'm sure they do to, but sometimes it's forgotten in the face of vast amounts of BS.

Anyways, I think Phoenix resorting to this petty stuff is silly. It proves nothing except that some of these moronic fanatics here actually have a media voice. If nothing, it validates their short-sighted notions, that, in reality, are wrong.

I agree with you. You seem to have your head on straight and are not just a homer. I am proud you are a Suns fan unlike the guy called "Da Suns Fan" and "Your Cheatin Heart" who really pull Suns fans down in the eyes of other fans. :clap

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Mav Fan went through the same thing. The ones that stuck it out are getting along pretty well (I think, you'll have to ask them).