PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Ultimatimum...

florige
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Anybody have a chance to check it out???

dickface
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
i'm still recovering from the motion sickness i got watching it.

florige
08-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I was okay after the first scenes with him running in Moscow. Those scenes had me kind of dizzy. :dizzy

dickface
08-06-2007, 11:33 AM
overall it was a fun movie, but the bullshit factor was way up on this one. it made The Transporter look realistic in comparison. Bourne should have suffered broken bones/death about 50 times throughout the film but the worst damage he gets is a few cuts and scrapes and a small limp that goes away in 10 seconds.

florige
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I could'nt make it past 5 minutes of the Transporter. Or Crank for that matter while we are on the subject. That one crash with the police car was brutal though. :smokin

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Very good action scenes, loved the film overall, but it's probably my third favorite in the series. Identity is still my favorite, as everything just flowed and made complete sense, while the action/fight scenes were very good. Supremacy is next, largely because the car chases were fantastic and it made more sense with the whole "Tying off loose ends" aspects. This one has great action, but the story kind of goes around in circles and asks you to believe a little more than reason lends.

Still, it's very good and worth every bit of admission.

Marklar MM
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Me and the girl will probably see this Tuesday afternoon with our free tickets.

ALVAREZ6
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
It was a good movie, not as great as hyped up though.

The bullshit factor is up in every movie. Live Free or Die Hard-very.

Transporter is very bullshit too as mentioned, but I still like that movie. Not the 2nd one, that movie blows.

florige
08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I really can't get down with Jason Strantham period. The only movie I thought that he did okay in was The Italian Job.

Marklar MM
08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Snatch was a good movie.

dickface
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Wolverine gets hurt easier than Jason Bourne.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Transporter was fun. I liked the car chase to start things off, and enjoyed the over-the-top fight scenes. I wasn't a big fan of The Italian Job, despite loving Theron, and being BIG fans of Wahlberg and Norton.

It's not nearly the BSer that Live Free or Die Hard was. There were times I was just laughing out loud at the absurdity of those stunts/scenes. Fun movie, but it's like they wrote in Willis' character from Unbreakable into his Die Hard character.

florige
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Very good action scenes, loved the film overall, but it's probably my third favorite in the series. Identity is still my favorite, as everything just flowed and made complete sense, while the action/fight scenes were very good. Supremacy is next, largely because the car chases were fantastic and it made more sense with the whole "Tying off loose ends" aspects. This one has great action, but the story kind of goes around in circles and asks you to believe a little more than reason lends.

I'm hearing that too. Alot of people on the IMDB board are still leaning more t-wards the first and second movies. Out of the three this one was definatley the most far-fetched.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like how did he just manage to walk into the CIA building and into one of the head honcho's office. I guess when Noah called for all available agents he meant damn near everybody in the building except the ones still in the observation room.

dickface
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm more concerned with how he can get into numerous high speed car wrecks, jump through about 50 glass windows, and fall 10 stories into ice cold water and still be able to swim off like he's fucking Michael Phelps.

He'd also own everybody at the X-Games with his motorbike skills.

Bigzax
08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
the transporter dude is badass. crank was cool too. he and jetli are making a flick called war. i hope it's just as good!

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Like how did he just manage to walk into the CIA building and into one of the head honcho's office. I guess when Noah called for all available agents he meant damn near everybody in the building except the ones still in the observation room.

Yeah. That's the biggest aspect for me as well. Everyone in that building would have known what Bourne looked like. No way he waltzes right in to Vosan's office.

I heard that, in the next film, The Bourne Legacy, it will be revealed that his actual, real and honest to goodness name is Clark Kent.

ALVAREZ6
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I really can't get down with Jason Strantham period. The only movie I thought that he did okay in was The Italian Job.I like Jason Statham's movies.

Crank sucked but in general I like him as an action actor.

lilmads
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I loved Bourne Ultimatum. I liked the actions sequences even if u felt a lil dizzy at times ;) Overall, its worth watching.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought it was great and had no problem following the movie or the plot. This is a must for my DVD collection. :tu :tu

florige
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I like Jason Statham's movies.

Crank sucked but in general I like him as an action actor.

Alot of my friends like him too. After seeing him in transporter I never really gave him to much of a chance in anything else. I don't mind watching him when he's not the lead actor.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
That new movie with Jet Li looks good.

florige
08-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I loved Bourne Ultimatum. I liked the actions sequences even if u felt a lil dizzy at times ;) Overall, its worth watching.

Only at the very beginning. After that I was cool.

florige
08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah. That's the biggest aspect for me as well. Everyone in that building would have known what Bourne looked like. No way he waltzes right in to Vosan's office.

I heard that, in the next film, The Bourne Legacy, it will be revealed that his actual, real and honest to goodness name is Clark Kent.

Clark Kent, or Jack Bauer. Either way both seem to never freakin die.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Not necessarily.

florige
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Who do you think in the CIA building besides the janitor wouldn't know what Bourne looked like? If I were the acting CIA boss I would replay the tape of him walking up to the office and fire every person who let him just walk by them. He was a priority.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Who do you think in the CIA building besides the janitor wouldn't know what Bourne looked like? If I were the acting CIA boss I would replay the tape of him walking up to the office and fire every person who let him just walk by them. He was a priority.

Do you really think everyone in the CIA building knows the identify of every CIA agent? This is Jason Bourne damnit not Valerie Plame.

florige
08-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Do you really think everyone in the CIA building knows the identify of every CIA agent? This is Jason Bourne damnit not Valerie Plame.

Maybe not every CIA agent, but Bourne was a level 4 priority. I'm guessing that means thats the highest priority. I guess the same applies for Hannibal Lecter if he were to walk into the FBI headquarters in DC and ends up in Clarice Starling's office.

florige
08-06-2007, 12:59 PM
That new movie with Jet Li looks good.

Which one was that?

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 01:43 PM
There's no damn way Bourne walks, undisguised, up to, through and out of the CIA headquarters without anyone noticing the very person that they've been hunting for a handful of years now, let alone who've they've been trying to track at the highest of priorities for all the days in which the movie takes place from start to that point.

You can't walk through a store without being monitored these days. Don't tell me CIA headquarters doesn't have a camera angle for every square inch of ever floor.

Like I said, it stretched you beliefs of reason.

Still, a great flick. Fun and full of action!

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
That wasn't the CIA HQ, it was blackbriars HQ.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
There's no damn way Bourne walks, undisguised, up to, through and out of the CIA headquarters without anyone noticing the very person that they've been hunting for a handful of years now, let alone who've they've been trying to track at the highest of priorities for all the days in which the movie takes place from start to that point.

You can't walk through a store without being monitored these days. Don't tell me CIA headquarters doesn't have a camera angle for every square inch of ever floor.

Like I said, it stretched you beliefs of reason.

Still, a great flick. Fun and full of action!

But not everyone was supposed to know who he is. Come on now.

cornbread
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I am debating about going and seeing this movie today.

To those who have seen it, yes or no??

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes!!

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I am debating about going and seeing this movie today.

To those who have seen it, yes or no??

Catch a matinee showing of it and save yourself a couple of dollars.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
That wasn't the CIA HQ, it was blackbriars HQ.

OK, I still maintain that every one of the buildings with CIA offices will have enough security to make sure someone like Jason Bourne isn't able to waltz right in, steal top secret documents, and leave before ever being noticed.

My dad is a lawyer, and I've gone to his office several times. I can't get in without either a keycard to open the initial gate and entrance, and a regular kep to get in his office or, if no keycard, make my way through security, where I must empty my pockets, handover my cell phone and pass through a metal dectector, then check in at the entrance desk, where if my information clears, I'm buzzed in to the office area. All the while, in every hallway, camera's are recording my every move.

I'm telling you, in real life, it would not have been as easy as the movie made.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
OK, I still maintain that every one of the buildings with CIA offices will have enough security to make sure someone like Jason Bourne isn't able to waltz right in, steal top secret documents, and leave before ever being noticed.

My dad is a lawyer, and I've gone to his office several times. I can't get in without either a keycard to open the initial gate and entrance, and a regular kep to get in his office or, if no keycard, make my way through security, where I must empty my pockets, handover my cell phone and pass through a metal dectector, then check in at the entrance desk, where if my information clears, I'm buzzed in to the office area. All the while, in every hallway, camera's are recording my every move.

I'm telling you, in real life, it would not have been as easy as the movie made.

Yes it would be if in real life you were Jason Bourne.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM

He was trained to get through all that crap. He found the location because the front company was the same as the one in Europe. they cleared the building of agents to track him down, And the only people that knew to look for him was the tac team in the office, which he proceeded to lock in. It makes perfect sense that not everyone in that building would know him cause all the agents were gone, and why would they pass out Bourne's pics to office workers, they had no idea he was in America.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes it would be if in real life you were Jason Bourne.

I'll agree, in movie world, I buy that Bourne can do whatever the hell he wants, whenever he wants, however he deems necessary. The fact that they have successfully made such a movie reality, while maintaining a level of real world reality is what is so great about Bourne in the first place. So, to that end, I agree and appreciate the film for what it is.

But this film, more than any other in the series, certainly bends the laws of real world reality more than others. It walks the fine line without you completely laughing out loud at the absurdity as I did about four or five times in Live Free or Die Hard.

Ultimatum is a great watch. Well worth the money. Just check aspects of you sense of reality at the entrance. Then you'll enjoy it that much more.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
He was trained to get through all that crap. He found the location because the front company was the same as the one in Europe. they cleared the building of agents to track him down, And the only people that knew to look for him was the tac team in the office, which he proceeded to lock in. It makes perfect sense that not everyone in that building would know him cause all the agents were gone, and why would they pass out Bourne's pics to office workers, they had no idea he was in America.

Very good explanation, but I still don't believe it's that simple. All the training in the world didn't get him out of handing the Hotel Clerk his passport in Supremacy, a move that gave up his identity. I doubt he can walk in and get away without presenting some form of identification at check in in order to access the upper level offices.

Like I said, it worked in the movie. You explained such very, very well as to why.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM

I concur.

Findog
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM

Really? I thought this was the best one yet. I loved the first one, thought Supremacy was better, and I thought Ultimatum topped them both.

Maybe it's the war in Iraq, but the sequence at the beginning with how quickly they were able to establish 360 degree surveillance on the reporter and locate an assassin to take him out, I turned to my buddy and said "Oh yeah, like our government is that competent." But for the most part I was able to suspend disbelief.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Really? I thought this was the best one yet. I loved the first one, thought Supremacy was better, and I thought Ultimatum topped them both.

Maybe it's the war in Iraq, but the sequence at the beginning with how quickly they were able to establish 360 degree surveillance on the reporter and locate an assassin to take him out, I turned to my buddy and said "Oh yeah, like our government is that competent." But for the most part I was able to suspend disbelief.

I concur. I too thought it was the best one.

florige
08-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I actually thought that was the coolest scene of the movie whether or not any of us believes he could have really done that. I know that they had NO IDEA that he would have the balls to enter the CIA building, I would have been more conviced if they showed him opening a can of whoopass on a few security guards. But overall it was an awesome scene. Actually everyone in my theater started clapping when they showed him in the office taking the TOP Secret documents. Very cool!

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. :spin

Jimcs50
08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I liked it, but why the fuck did he have to tell Noah Vosen that he was in his office before he got out of there and before Pamela got further away from the building??? That just made it much more difficult for him.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Spoilers!!!! :spin

florige
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I liked it, but why the fuck did he have to tell Noah Vosen that he was in his office before he got out of there and before Pamela got further away from the building??? That just made it much more difficult for him.

I guess it was like a big FU to Vosen. But I see your point totally..

florige
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I just put a spoiler alert at the first post so as not to spoil it for others. :spin

SCdac
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I have yet to see it, though I've heard good things. I need to see the first two first...

I do know that the trailers we put on "Bourne" at my theater are fucking badass. It has, "Shoot Em' Up" with Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti, "3:10 to Yuma" with Christian Bale and Russelle Crowe, new "Resident Evil: Extinction", then "Hitman" based of the videogame, "Beowulf" with Angelina Jolie, and lastly "American Gangster". Lots of cool flicks.

For those who have seen "Bourne Ultimatum", would you say it's a worthwhile viewing if you haven't seen the previous ones? I wonder how lost I'd be.

J.T.
08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
For those who have seen "Bourne Ultimatum", would you say it's a worthwhile viewing if you haven't seen the previous ones? I wonder how lost I'd be.

Would you watch Return of the Jedi without seeing Empire and Star Wars first?

See the first two. It would be like reading the last chapter of a book first. Honestly, just read the Bourne books if you really want to have a good time, but they movies are fun and are the best movies Matt Damon has done in his career hands down.

florige
08-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I have yet to see it, though I've heard good things. I need to see the first two first...

I do know that the trailers we put on "Bourne" at my theater are fucking badass. It has, "Shoot Em' Up" with Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti, "3:10 to Yuma" with Christian Bale and Russelle Crowe, new "Resident Evil: Extinction", then "Hitman" based of the videogame, "Beowulf" with Angelina Jolie, and lastly "American Gangster". Lots of cool flicks.

I say at least try and check out the first one. It's so action packed though I guarantee you will probably still be into it regardless. At the very least go to www.imdb.com and type in Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremancy and read the movie overview.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
To be honest, I really can't imagine how anyone could like Supremacy or Ultimatum more than Identity. Identity is in my top-10 favorite movies. Just great!

The car chases in the Supremacy were the best of the trilogy.

UtownSpur
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I thought it was really good. BI is still the best..i think BU was just a bit better than BS. Great action sequences...that one fight scene was incredible.

missmyzte
08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
"If you were in your office right now we'd be having this conversation face-to-face". The whole theatre started laughing when he said that, even though it was in the previews it was still a great moment. Completely unbelievable, as everyone else has said, that he gets up there undetected, but a great moment.

Loved the action scenes, but 90% of those accidents would have killed an average person. He walked away, barely limping from all of them. Then swims away in the end. It did leave you saying, "Yeah, right."

My favorite moment was actually at the end when the other assassin says, "Why didn't you take the shot?" and Bourne replied, "Do you even know why you're supposed to kill me?" Don't ask me why that was my favorite moment, but it was.

florige
08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah that part was pretty cool too. I was really expecting them to pull a "24" and have dude shoot the hell out of Bourne. But I knew that the other "asset" wasn't going to shoot his fellow brother once he said that.

leemajors
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
is carlos the jackal in it at all?

AFBlue
08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
i'm still recovering from the motion sickness i got watching it.

Yeah, when I saw it was directed by the same guy who did Bourne Supremacy, I passed.

Some actually like the jerky live-feel motion, but it makes me sick and it's often so distracting that I can't tell what the hell is going on during action sequences.

That is sad because I really enjoyed the first movie, in which I was skeptical whether Damon could pull off the action guy....and he did.