Scola :pctoss
Yao

vs.

Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

Rocker WILL be the 2nd best team in the west, behind the Spurs. The Rockets O was always garbage now with Francais/James/Scola all being viable scoring options they can now be very deadly on O, and they will continue to be very good on D. Adelman is also a monster upgrade from the coaching standpoint

mavsfan1000
08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd take Dallas or Phoenix over Houstson. Francis is so overrated.

bdictjames
08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
They're using the Suns style, so I dont think they're a championship team yet.

djohn14
08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd take Dallas or Phoenix over Houstson. Francis is so overrated.
I agree with you, and yes Francis is overrated. But...He isn't a bad 2nd option, and is a great 3ed option. He just isn't a great player.

Findog
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
JVG is a better coach than Adelman. Francis is done, and they had Mike James before. So he scored 20 ppg for a shitty Toronto team, color me impressed. And how much of an upgrade is Scola over Juwan Howard. On paper this team has improved. We'll see.

wildbill2u
08-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree with you, and yes Francis is overrated. But...He isn't a bad 2nd option, and is a great 3ed option. He just isn't a great player.
The problem will come when Francis still sees himself as the FIRST option and dribbles the clock out looking for a one on one opportunity.

barbacoataco
08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Agree with last post. Francis, T-mac and Scola are all gonna want to take shots, and then you have Yao, who shoots the highest %, but isn't that agressive in taking shots. This team could be real good, but they will have to find chemistry, and put ego aside a little.

Switchman
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought last year would be tough for whoever had to go through the West, but this season...god damn.

ShoogarBear
08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
If Francis and Bonzi are both rejuvenated by Adelman, and if Scola pans out to be a contributor, Houston will be in the top 3 teams in the West.

Those are three relatively big ifs, though. In fact, the most likely if may be Bonzi making a comeback.

exstatic
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Spurs win a series, 5 games. The Spurs are a team, the Rox an amalgamation of talent. The team wins every time, at least when it counts.

tlongII
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Aaron Brooks is going to be the big surprise for the Rockets. That kid can play some serious hoops.

DOMINATOR
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
shouldnt you compare top 8-9?
battier
bonzi
hayes
could even add head and brooks but i doubt they would get significant minutes in a big series.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Francais
James
Tmac
Yao

Rocker WILL be the 2nd best team in the west, behind the Spurs. The Rockets O was always garbage now with Francais/James/Scola all being viable scoring options they can now be very deadly on O, and they will continue to be very good on D. Adelman is also a monster upgrade from the coaching standpoint

Get your hand off the panic button, seriously.

You have five guys there who are all most effective when they shoot the ball - how exactly are you going to work that? Besides, Francis is vastly over-rated and may just be the downfall of that team as he over-dribbles and takes poor shots, and James is also a shoot-first PG. I doubt Francis will start.

You obviously haven't learned much about basketball from the Spurs - a cohesive TEAM will beat a bunch of talented gunners any day of the week.

v2freak
08-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Francis isn't rated, so how can he be overrated? No one's looked at him for years

confined
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Texas just owns all

YODA
08-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Rockets except for Yao = to much ego and not enough team play.

Yoda

jaffies
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Utah > Rockets

screw_ston713
08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
lol damn rockets havent even played 1 game together under adleman and every1 seems to know so much more than the guys who get paid to put this team together. let adleman with a .610 record do his job. even without these new acquisitions didnt rockets beat spurs 1nce with yao and 1nce with just tmac this year .

ALVAREZ6
08-07-2007, 12:19 AM
They have Francis too?

Shit I didn't know that. He's more of a detriment to the team though.

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Francais
James
Tmac
Yao

vs.

Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

Scola was traded to a division rival for nothing b/c he is nothing! Get over it. He's a younger Juwan Howard i.e. can't rebound or defend.

screw_ston713
08-07-2007, 12:33 AM
hes a yonger jawan? lol it was nothing wrong with jawan we traded him to get a pg. jawan is 34 and rox didnt want to deal wit his contract. jawan is nowhere near as athletic as scola. i dont understand why the defending champs gotta find every little thing to hate on rox. this team is clearly better than our team last year but yet spurs fans try and make it seem like rockets were scrapping for the 8th seed last year. rockets were a 52 win team with crap now we have a better roster and now we gone be worse hmmmmm HATE enjoy ya crown

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-07-2007, 12:43 AM
hes a yonger jawan? lol it was nothing wrong with jawan we traded him to get a pg. jawan is 34 and rox didnt want to deal wit his contract. jawan is nowhere near as athletic as scola. i dont understand why the defending champs gotta find every little thing to hate on rox. this team is clearly better than our team last year but yet spurs fans try and make it seem like rockets were scrapping for the 8th seed last year. rockets were a 52 win team with crap now we have a better roster and now we gone be worse hmmmmm HATE enjoy ya crown

Way to misinterpret the thread, chump.

I think most people here believe the Rockets are better than last year, but are objecting to Dynasty's :madrun shtick.

You only see what you want to see.

:rolleyes

screw_ston713
08-07-2007, 12:50 AM
lol didnt understand one word of that scrub

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
definately aint hatin on the rockets. they will be good competition this year. with Yao theyve played D, thats for sure.... i still think the Spurs will beat them and lets see if if u u stay around screwston to find out

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 12:59 AM
lol damn rockets havent even played 1 game together under adleman and every1 seems to know so much more than the guys who get paid to put this team together. let adleman with a .610 record do his job. even without these new acquisitions didnt rockets beat spurs 1nce with yao and 1nce with just tmac this year .

they're just afraid man, afraid. Of what you ask :wtf , that the roxs might actually stay healthy and play as a team and balance more O without giving up D...that they actually have depth to kick ass or overcome injuries or rest their stars thru the year. Those that were objective, thanks.........the rest of the haters are just homers for their respective teams.

Adelman is a better coach than jvg(stubborn and wouldn't develop young talent)
Roxs are deeper
Hopefully they put it together.
Roxs>Utah

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:00 AM
hmmmmm HATE enjoy ya crown
Enjoy the 1st round :lol

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Im definately aint afraid...bring it on htown

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
they're just afraid man, afraid. Of what you ask, that the roxs might actually stay healthy and play as a team and balance more O without giving up D...that they actually have depth to kick ass or overcome injuries or rest their stars thru the year. Those that were objective, thanks.........the rest of the haters are just homers for their respective teams.

Adelman is a better coach than jvg(stubborn and wouldn't develop young talent)
Roxs are deeper
Hopefully they put it together.
Roxs>Utah
H.O.F.P. (hooked of fucking phonics)

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 01:04 AM
just stating the FACTS or for my dogs...FAQS hommeeeee

Tmac has never advanced EVER. not even ONCE and thats 4 sho

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:04 AM
S.T.F.U shut the fuck up ^ :elephant :smokin
Homers :hat

screw_ston713
08-07-2007, 01:06 AM
lol i read all the post and us rox fans dont come in here disrespecting the champs or hating on them but hopefully the spurs will underestimate us just like the spurs fans do

screw_ston713
08-07-2007, 01:10 AM
why every other post is about rockets in the spurs forum. all offseason i just been seeing alot of rockets post not mavs not suns but rockets, a team supposedly spurz shouldnt even be worried about

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:12 AM
why every other post is about rockets in the spurs forum. all offseason i just been seeing alot of rockets post not mavs not suns but rockets, a team supposedly spurz shouldnt even be worried about

Manu said he was worried about seeing the roxs in the postseason, I think his opinion matters more than homerisitic views.

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 01:16 AM
S.T.F.U shut the fuck up ^ :elephant :smokin
Homers :hat
ive met ppl that stutter but never internet stutterers

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:17 AM
lol i read all the post and us rox fans dont come in here disrespecting the champs or hating on them but hopefully the spurs will underestimate us just like the spurs fans do
What in the hell did you just say? Maybe there should be a spell check or diction check on this forum......

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 01:18 AM

i respect the rockets. i like the way they play n everything. i just said that i believe the spurs will beat em. whats wrizzong with that my dizzogg back to guitar hero brb its my turn

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Manu said he was worried about seeing the roxs in the postseason, I think his opinion matters more than homerisitic views.
They say that about every team. it's called respect. I'm not on the team, I'm a fan.... 7 games you loose, bottom line.

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:19 AM
ive met ppl that stutter but never internet stutterers

cracking walnuts dude. Calm the fuck down. Here it comes, get ready. Ready..........get the fuck over it dude.................. :rolleyes

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:20 AM
By the way... the name ROXS is a bit fruity for an NBA team IMO.

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:20 AM
They say that about every team. it's called respect. I'm not on the team, I'm a fan.... 7 games you loose, bottom line.

7 games we loose, that's right brother we loose...as in not tight and clicking and winning.

7 games you LOSE :clap :rolleyes

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:22 AM
By the way... the name ROXS is a bit fruity for an NBA team IMO.

does not bother me..I'm a rox fan, roxs fan, rocket fan, rockets fan, Houston fan, H-town, whatever......you sit around and stare at your online name and jerk-one to it :wtf

RC's Boss
08-07-2007, 01:24 AM
7 games we loose, that's right brother we loose...as in not tight and clicking and winning.

7 games you LOSE :clap :rolleyes
Not sure what the fuck you said there :drunk Have you been drinking? Never mind... Good night Forrest Gump. Way to waste a fucking keyboard. I'll wait until tomorrow, when the regulars are on here. Going back and forth w/ a retard makes me question my own sanity.

jaespur21
08-07-2007, 01:25 AM
cracking walnuts dude. Calm the fuck down. Here it comes, get ready. Ready..........get the fuck over it dude.................. :rolleyes

No problem didnt think of you @ all while i was rocking out right now. well ppl are here and i must get off this thing. peace out

screw_ston713
08-07-2007, 01:29 AM
What in the hell did you just say? Maybe there should be a spell check or diction check on this forum......
under estimate is a word. and were u trying to spell dictionary? whats a diction?

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Not sure what the fuck you said there :drunk Have you been drinking? Never mind... Good night Forrest Gump. Way to waste a fucking keyboard. I'll wait until tomorrow, when the regulars are on here. Going back and forth w/ a retard makes me question my own sanity.

learn the difference between lose and loose dipshit. :rolleyes

sandman
08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
whats a diction?

Steve Francis, welcome to the forum...

BigBeezie
08-07-2007, 10:24 AM
The Rockets will be slightly better....but not a champion yet.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Every year about now I think the Rockets have assembled a winner. I'm going to hold off judgment this time I think.

Demo Dick Marcinko
08-07-2007, 11:00 AM
learn the difference between lose and loose dipshit. :rolleyes

I'm no rhodes scholar like you, I can tell by your eloquent and persuasive prose. But let me give it a shot.

First take your hormone pill, douche, get laid then chill.

The Rockets should be better. Their offense should potentially improve because of their personnel addition. But in my opinion they should regress because of the loss of JVG, whose strenght was defense. It's common knowledge that Rick Adleman's forte is not defense. And never discount team chemistry, unit integrity and the players willingness and ability to buy into the coaches system and schemes.

Nothing wrong with flying under the radar and being underestimated by fans and pundits alike. Spurs have been like that for years and we seem to like it that way.

That being said, the Rox (not sure what those are) should be better. It wouldn't surprise me if they get out of the first round, but I doubt they make it out the second round.

lotr1trekkie
08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Scola will rue the day he signed with a team that has 6 offensive options before him. He isn't a Rodman-- rebound and D all nite. McGrady and Yao will command 40 shots a nite at least. That leaves about 35 for the rest of the roster. Franchise averaging 6 shots a game Alston 6, James 6, Bonzi ?, Where are Scola's points coming from? He's used to being the go to guy---can he become an Oberto?

Vingianx
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
i still like the Rockets with all their acquisitions, just gotta wait and see what they're capable off for one full season.....

DOMINATOR
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Scola will rue the day he signed with a team that has 6 offensive options before him. He isn't a Rodman-- rebound and D all nite. McGrady and Yao will command 40 shots a nite at least. That leaves about 35 for the rest of the roster. Franchise averaging 6 shots a game Alston 6, James 6, Bonzi ?, Where are Scola's points coming from? He's used to being the go to guy---can he become an Oberto?
your a fool if you think scola is going to be mad that he isn't 3rd option... he is a rookie if he thinks he should get the ball more than francis/james/bonzi/battier he is a fool and i hope he will be benched.

and lol at yall who think francis is going to ruin the team chemistry. he wants to play in houston he knows yao/tmac come first. if he doesnt like it he will be benched. if he doesnt like being benched he will be released. not like he costs alot.

mardigan
08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Link?

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Are the Rockets paper champs yet? :jack

Fabbs
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Francis isn't rated, so how can he be overrated? No one's looked at him for years
Plus people change. Listen to the Kenny Cheney song.

Big Dog Robinson is a useless piece of ballhogging crap who will never contibute anything. So squaked some before 2005 playoffs.

Franicis might change. Not saying he will.

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm no rhodes scholar like you, I can tell by your eloquent and persuasive prose. But let me give it a shot.

First take your hormone pill, douche, get laid then chill.

The Rockets should be better. Their offense should potentially improve because of their personnel addition. But in my opinion they should regress because of the loss of JVG, whose strenght was defense. It's common knowledge that Rick Adleman's forte is not defense. And never discount team chemistry, unit integrity and the players willingness and ability to buy into the coaches system and schemes.

Nothing wrong with flying under the radar and being underestimated by fans and pundits alike. Spurs have been like that for years and we seem to like it that way.

That being said, the Rox (not sure what those are) should be better. It wouldn't surprise me if they get out of the first round, but I doubt they make it out the second round.

If I had a pussy I would do more than douche it, but that is getting too far off topic. Not sure I agree with the idea of losing defensive prowess. RA is going to improve O by a significant margin and the D should only be moderately affected imo. I think he can manage his talent and the game better and truly emphasize D when it really counts...in the 4Q.

If the rockets make it out of the first round, the western conf. finals is VERY realistic.

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Shit man give them the title.

bigfish22
08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Yao Ming qtr = 3 mins on, 9 mins off.

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Are the Rockets paper champs yet? :jack

are the spurs paper-defending champs yet? :jack

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Actually, they are.

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Link?

http://buscador.lanacion.com.ar/Nota.asp?nota_id=929262&high=scola

Houston siempre fue un rival complicado para los Spurs.

-Sí, siempre nos complicó. Tienen muy buena defensa, el talento impresionante de Tracy McGrady y la estatura de Yao Ming. Nosotros nos pusimos contentos cuando Utah lo sacó de los playoffs.

Has Houston always been a tough rival for the Spurs?

- Yes, they have always been a tough match-up. They have very good defense, along with the impressive talent of Tracy McGrady and the tall Yao Ming. We were excited when Utah eliminated them from the playoffs.

So, by virtue of being happy or excited that the Roxs were eliminated...shows match-up concerns

Roxsfan
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually, they are.
:rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, it isn't 1995, but it'll do.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2007, 01:08 AM
http://buscador.lanacion.com.ar/Nota.asp?nota_id=929262&high=scola

Houston siempre fue un rival complicado para los Spurs.

-Sí, siempre nos complicó. Tienen muy buena defensa, el talento impresionante de Tracy McGrady y la estatura de Yao Ming. Nosotros nos pusimos contentos cuando Utah lo sacó de los playoffs.

Has Houston always been a tough rival for the Spurs?

- Yes, they have always been a tough match-up. They have very good defense, along with the impressive talent of Tracy McGrady and the tall Yao Ming. We were excited when Utah eliminated them from the playoffs.

So, by virtue of being happy or excited that the Roxs were eliminated...shows match-up concerns

So, by virtue of Manu trying to talk up the Rockets for the benefit of Argentine basketball fans who want to root for Scola's new team, the Rockettes are contenders. Wake me when they are healthy and playing to the potential of their talent, or at least when they implode under the gravitational pull of all the egos. At best, the odds are even as to which will actually happen.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
No, they are ACTUAL defending champs. Out of the first round yet?

nfg3
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
:toast I really don't think us Spur fans are dissing the Rockets too terriby bad. All fans run smack against the other teams, especially the ones in their division. It is our belief in the Spurs the is being stated. Given the 4 LO trophies in 9 years should be evidence enough of that. We will change our minds when beaten in a series by another team - Duncan era only - forget about the 80's & 90's - they don't count. Therefore the Mavs gained our respect while the Sons still haven't.

The Rockets are a better team from what I've seen on paper. As stated before chemistry and teamwork will be critical. How they fit into Adelman's scheme, will their D suffer from RA's offensively focused plan, does Bonzi under RA make a comeback? does Stevie Franchise play within the team framework or just be himself?...etc. There are many variables to take into account. So whether the Rockets can put it together remains to be seen. This is a work in progress. Let's see how they play together this coming year and then make a judgement by mid season. That should be plenty of time to evaluate them. This should be interesting especially if they do indeed mesh and play well as a team.

Texas could have the three best teams in the NBA come next season or maybe not. I know they will have the best and it doesn't reside up north!

mavsfan1000
08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Any team with Steve Francis as their point guard is guaranteed to lose. :lol

AFBlue
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure I would include BOTH Steve Francis and Mike James in the top 5 for the Rockets.

One guy SD21 seems to be forgetting is Shane Battier. He may not be the flashiest player, but he is a highly efficient offensive player, good defender, versatile player, and solid lockerroom leader.

Shane Battier scares me, as far as what he brings to that team defensively and with chemistry, a whole hell of alot more than Francis or James.

James
McGrady
Battier
Scola
Yao

......that's one hell of a top 5. I don't know about 2nd in the West, but it's DAMN GOOD.

spursfan09
08-08-2007, 01:12 PM

:lol
What are you talking about? They are the defending champs.

urunobili
08-08-2007, 02:36 PM

gonna be one of the VERY few times i agree with a Mavs fan... :bang

AFBlue
08-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Not that I disagree with your statement......but who says that Steve Francis is the Rockets' point guard?

I understand he's the most high-profile guy they've got, but he's also coming off of debilitating knee injuries that could make him a shade of his former all-star self.

More than likely, Adelman will experiment with a multitude of lineups run by any number of different PGs and will go with the best combination.

It's just as likely that when it's all figured out, there will be one or more PGs currently in Houston that find a new home by the February deadline....my vote goes for Head and maybe Alston as well.

Roxsfan
08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
No, they are ACTUAL defending champs. Out of the first round yet?

they have never defended a title.........they are NOT defending champs b/c they can NOT defend their titles........ever........99? 03? 05?, what makes you think this year is different :rolleyes

They're just "last-years" champs......get it...k :dizzy

Roxsfan
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM

wow, I didn't know steve francis was a maverick the last 2 years. Sonofabitch :flipoff

ShoogarBear
08-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Stevie Franchise returns to Houston.

The glory years are BACK!

ShoogarBear
08-08-2007, 10:30 PM
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce . . . CLANK!

jaespur21
08-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Roxs fan can u hate on us any more.....hope u stick around bro to see what happens this season cuz right now this is all talk.

jaespur21
08-09-2007, 01:51 AM
and yes believe this rox fan. the rockets did go b2b...but WAZ relevent then...The Spurs Were RELEVENt then and Still are. While yall Faded into obscurity.

hsxvvd
08-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Sorry, but Battier is top 3 in Houston.

Battier > Francis, Scola, James or anybody else they got.

AFBlue
08-09-2007, 10:12 AM
they have never defended a title.........they are NOT defending champs b/c they can NOT defend their titles........ever........99? 03? 05?, what makes you think this year is different :rolleyes

They're just "last-years" champs......get it...k :dizzy

That is some of the most flawed logic I've ever heard.

They're the "defending" champs because they're defending the title they currently hold.

A "defending" heavyweight champion of the world isn't "last year's" champ....he's the guy that currently holds the title and is defending it against another opponent.

Bottom Line: Spurs are the current champions and are defending their title against 29 other teams this year.

Spurs = Defending Champs

Roxsfan
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Roxs fan can u hate on us any more.....hope u stick around bro to see what happens this season cuz right now this is all talk.

I don't hate the spurs nor their fans.....

Pistol...2K4
08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Adelman is also a monster upgrade from the coaching standpoint

:lmao

Are you serious???

Pop owns Adelman
Adelman is an okay offensive coach , but his teams play NO D , and H-Town will continue to be Pop's bitch because of it...At least van Gundy gave them a chance with his D.