PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Spurs' Off-Season Projects

Reggie Miller
08-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I hope you all enjoy and add to this list.

10. With casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq mounting, reservists Holt, Popovich, and Robinson anticipate being called up by their respective branches by September (at the latest).

9. Brent Barry and his family are driving around rural America in their custom van, solving groovy mysteries.

8. Robert Horry is busy calculating when he needs to jump ship to Portland.

7. Originally intending to tour Europe in support of his new rap CD, Tony Parker is now stuck doing “dumb girly stuff” with Eva.

6. Tim Duncan will be doing what he has done every off-season since he came into the league. PLANNING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

5. Bruce Bowen is still busy answering his hate mail from the Phoenix series by sending back autographed photocopies of his butt.

4. Suspicious that other teams have begun to mine the Spurs’ sources of talent in Europe and South America, R.C. Buford will be scouting Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan later this month.

3. Manu Ginobili is studying old Harlem Globetrotters’ game tapes for inspiration, and he is now determined to perfect the timeless “hidden ball trick” on the NBA level.

2. Fabricio is currently locked up in intense negotiations with Oberto Snacks and is reported to be holding out for “Reggie Bar” money.

1. Spurs’ management hopes to conclude its brainwashing/behavior modification research with the Rand Corporation, aimed at making even more opposing players leave their bench in 2007-2008.

dougp
08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
It started off bad, i.e. #10 but the rest were pretty amusing.

ShoogarBear
08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
. 8. Robert Horry is busy calculating when he needs to jump ship to Portland.:rollin

5. Bruce Bowen is still busy answering his hate mail from the Phoenix series by sending back autographed photocopies of his butt.
:lmao

barbacoataco
08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Suns fans kept that "Bowen butt picture" for their private enjoyment.

DR WU
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Suns fans kept that "Bowen butt picture" for their private enjoyment.

Suns fans will be dissappointed to discover that Bruce Bowen "buttshots" were really headshots, featuring his large and shiney forehead. :ihit

Darkwaters
08-07-2007, 04:00 PM
8. Robert Horry is busy calculating when he needs to jump ship to Portland.

Truly a thing of beauty.

:rollin

They were all pretty funny (well, mostly) but this one takes the cake.

Reggie Miller
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks, gang. I came up with that during my lunch hour. It probably could have used a little "polishing." It's interesting that y'all like the Horry comment, because I thought of that one first and sort of built the list around it.

cornbread
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Good stuff.

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
0. Eradicate the Lux Tax Monster.