PDA

View Full Version : Bold idea reclamation project of all time

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Pursue Malone again like crazy. If doesn't work out bring up Marks and or Scola for the playoffs if his European stint ends or that Lithuanian.

Dump immediately Rasho and Barry for an inactive Artest now. Make him the reclamation project of all time and Duncan, Bowen and him on same team = best defense history NBA. NBA more likely to let him come to SA to diffuse situation with Pistons a little perhaps. Indiana gets some potential help right now and the salaries could be close.

Next year depending on how it sorts out go with a team that will win multiple championships and put fear into NBA:

Scola, the Lithuanian, cannot remember name but has to be tougher and a more interior space eater than Rasho and is definetely mentally tough coming back from his cycle accident) and Brown.

Next year lineup of my dreams

Duncan
Malone (plays 20-25 or so) then defers to Scola and Rose (who also backs up Duncan)
Artest - defers to Bowen 20 minutes a game.
Ginobli and Brown (Brown also gets minutes on front line some for 25 game)
Parker and Beno
Marks and/or the Lithuanian Center and/or Wilks or some other find as 11 and 12.

Starting 3 legitimate all stars (2-3 among best ever at certain things) and maybe 4-5 eventually all stars with Ginobli and Parker = dream team with depth +.

Multiple championships as Malone schools Scola and Rose in art of game. Scoring/passing at all positions and/or can put 5 of best defenders on floor when needed in NBA.

MadDoc

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:23 PM
win now

get chandler not artest who has a felony

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Get Malone would win anyway = just play Brown, Beno and Rose more with him.

The difference is that Malone and Artest are real superstars - Chandler is an enigma who could pan out but really could suck.

I would rather take a risk if doing that on Curry who would at least fill the middle legitametly and has been awesome at times.

Period.

MadDoc

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:28 PM
artest wants to retire in 2 years I read awhile ago

mailman is a ROLE PLAYER AT BEST

chandler is doing more then rasho this season except for maybe blocks

artest might just retire I would not put it past him

these to are not true superstars right now

chandler is just as good as rasho now and maybe alot better

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:33 PM
spurs are clear the favorites right now
they need to take advantage of it this year

they are no guarantees they will all be healthy next year
and other teams do trades and get fa's that make their teams >>>>spurs

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2004, 11:33 PM
http://www.ronartest.com/phpbb/

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:34 PM
I would take Chandler for Rasho and Barry but don't believe salaries would work out.

Let Artest and Malone retire! My feeling is that both would hang on for 2-3 years including this one. Malone gets > legitamacy as champion and scoring leader. Under this scenario that gives Scola and Brown time to grow, funds to sign them and keep them down the road, and Spurs to keep finding studs and perhaps also keep Beno.

If both go 2 years we would still be favorite for Championship with Malone this year and next 2 years would be very interesting.

MadDoc

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:38 PM
brown is good enough now
has room to improve still though

BULLS WANT TO GET RID OF EVERYTHING THAT JERRY BROUGHT TO THE BULLS AND START OVER WITH THEIR NEW GM

not sure if numbers work but chandler could be had.

exstatic
12-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Artest = Ricky Williams

He's a NUTBAG that the Spurs would not even pursue. Sheesh. The UTTER PANIC in here after two losses.

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I doubt Ghost would even want artest now with the spurs

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 11:44 PM
The Spurs are off to their best start in recent years, why would you want drastic changes?

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:45 PM
How about a way to get both Chandler and Curry if salaries close to match for Barry, Rasho and Rose (hate to see him go but)!!! Clear mucho salary and shake up team but keep enough core to still be strong as *&%#. Both talented big talent just not well coached in my view and playing besides Duncan at times = good gracious the possibilities. Do this only if getting Mailman for extra leadership and mentorship. Awesome potential.
Risk is there but Spurs have some backups if don't pan out oversees!

Start Duncan
Malone
Bowen with lots of Brown
Ginobli
Parker

Horry also as mentor and for experience = not bad big line up and with Brown, Beno, Parker and Ginobli perhaps keep up Wilks vs. Massenburg?
MadDoc

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:47 PM
No panic but if there is a chance to lock down multiple championships in future do it.

The best time to deal is out of great strenth (i.e. Spurs still) vs. desperation!!!!

MadDoc

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Chandler and Curry are on rookie contracts totaling about $8.5M. Those three Spurs contracts you listed total over $16M.

SequSpur
12-10-2004, 11:49 PM
I opened this topic and saw Artest, then you lost me.

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:51 PM
A final comment - Spurs are going after Mailman anyway. If he signs we have players that are expendable and should look at ways for Mailman and Horry to serve as wise mentors.

Barry may still be a bargain but he looks like Turk/Jackson - up and down which is unexpected to me and he would be the one I would move the fastest. Rasho harder to move = such an upside despite criticisms when playing well for Spurs with spacing and shooting touch and perhaps now the potential for better FT stroke etc. But will his ego ever stand up to Pop's external bashing that is going on now? (Although well deserved!)

MadDoc

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:52 PM
not that I want ron

but since he can not play this season do the salaries have to match since he can not get paid?

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 11:52 PM
How would acquiring Malone make Barry expendable?

Malone is a power forward and Barry is a shooting guard.

Rummpd
12-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Not an expert on salaries, ok dump idea.

I am just sick of players going off occassionally on Spurs that otherwise have strongest defense = always the same story = almost career nights and two superb on the ball defenders would be an incredible asset.

Remember Jordan had Rodman. Perhaps, Tim could work with Artest - if he had buy in and Malone at his side a year or two.

Just a thought and perfectly happy for Spurs to sit tight!

MadDoc

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:54 PM
A final comment - Spurs are going after Mailman anyway

no one knows for sure if spurs still actually want him
they did this summer
no one also knows if mailman is healthy

Kori Ellis
12-10-2004, 11:55 PM
no one knows for sure if spurs still actually want him

Pop said that they want him but haven't talked to him since the offseason.

SequSpur
12-10-2004, 11:55 PM
You're all over the map.

Malone pursuit: Check.

Horry and wise mentor? lol

Barry=Turk/Jax? Jax is a damn stud without a brain. Hedo or Barry aren't capable of being the player Jax is.

Rasho just plain sucks.

Now where did Artest fit in?

ducks
12-10-2004, 11:58 PM
curry also wants the max not sure how much chandler wants

ducks
12-11-2004, 12:00 AM
you do know what happened when spurs had a nutcase with rodman?

Rummpd
12-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Kori:

Very valid points and again perfectly willing to sit tight and that will assuredly probably happen.

Re thought on losing Barry. Spurs would still have potential 3 shooters - Ginobli, Parker, Brown and Horry. Malone can shoot mid-range. Brown is a scorer period (he was a three near range last night and very smooth) and seems to be better defender most of time. Rasho may be such damaged goods now (I cannot see him bouncing back from too many hammerings but maybe I am wrong).

Spurs would still win if had 3-5 player combination of Malone, Scola, Brown, the Lithuanian Center prospect, and Artest around = tougher team physically and probably mentally. Especially, if Rose keeps playing well and Beno keeps developing.

Again, was just a wild thought = Spurs have never pulled a big trade ala Wolves, Nets, Suns etc. or a major external signing for awhile. Might say to players we are not going to get complacent but would be major risk granted any change (or not).

MadDoc

SequSpur
12-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Traderbob,

When you have one of the best records in the league, you have the best player, you have won 2 championships, Shaq is no longer in the West.

Why do you need to make a "MAJOR" trade? It's simple. Put Rasho on the Silver Dancer team where he belongs and get a NBDL or free agent big man to bust some ass.

Rummpd
12-11-2004, 12:12 AM
"Hedo or Barry aren't capable of being the player Jax is"

A lot of GMs and coaches have drooled over Turk especially for years! 6' 10 ability to rebound and dribble and shoot (at least in streaks) but alas he had that "confidence" problem. Now Barry seems to have sudden "Turk/Spuritis" and Rasho is the ultimate enigma (I would love to see a way to have him reclaimed especially just to prove SAS wrong and he seems like a very nice guy et. al. who when motivated is a defensive force against almost all bigs except Shaq, but is it worth it?).

Also Barry had explosive athletic ability and still does! That is one reason besides his "smarts" it might be worth keeping him around = but if it means he doesn't produce off the bench consistently like Brown does most of the time - should we keep him 4-5 years?

Sorry I started this thread, but would like to see the Spurs somehow build from an incredible core 3 + Brown/Beno even stronger in future with no questions at any position on the floor.

MadDoc

SequSpur
12-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Barry will be fine. Rasho won't.

ducks
12-11-2004, 08:32 AM
spurs drolled over hedo but let him walk last year

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-11-2004, 04:17 PM
If you want a reclamation project, grab Eddie Griffin when his contract is up next summer.

May be too late though, think he's found a home in Minnesota.