PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a movie at the Drive In?

mouse
12-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Anyone remember the Drive In? I know Shelly and others are to young but The Drive in was the place to be. Anyone have any Drive in Stories?

Did anyone hide in the Trunk? Besides me...........Anyone remember the 2.00 dollar car load night? They went out of Business on the southside of San Antonio, If anything, us Mexicans can cram a car full of our familia. 14 Mexicans in a wagon was not a big deal. It was average.

They made there money on the 2.00 dollar popcorn sprayed with a mix between Fake Butter and WD40:lmao Just think...

If not for the Drive In many of you would not be here... :lmao

Guru of Nothing
12-10-2004, 11:33 PM
The Jet Theater Drive-In in West Texas.

Yessiree!

ZStomp
12-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I like Mission Drive In here in town.....lets have a GTG there! :lol

samikeyp
12-11-2004, 12:40 AM
the San Pedro Drive in....you now know it as Embassy Oaks.

Jekka
12-11-2004, 01:21 AM
That used to be a drive in?

2Blonde
12-11-2004, 09:27 AM
When I was a kid in Oklahoma, my Mom took us every Saturday night. She popped up a huge grocery sack full of popcorn and filled the cooler with koolaid and Diet Dr. Pepper ( for herself ) and loaded us and the lawn chairs up and headed out to the Drive in. We would back in to our spot, open up the rear of the station wagon and camp out for the evening. We got to run wild and play on the playground at the front right below the bigscreen. Those were awesome times. I miss being able to do that stuff with my daughter. But times change.

...2Blonde

Solid D
12-11-2004, 09:50 AM
They just don't make em like that any more:

*Parking at the right angle on one of those hills
*One of the few movie theatres you could get french fries
*Parking/fog lights only please.
*Hanging that metal speaker on the window and rolling the window up if it was cold or started to rain.
*Double Features the rule, not the exception

Solid D
12-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Mouse, were you that kid that used to throw gravel?

samikeyp
12-11-2004, 10:24 AM
That used to be a drive in?

yup. I remember seeing "Moonraker" and "Clash of the Titans" there.

maxpower
12-11-2004, 10:54 AM
At the mission, if I'm not mistaken I saw a double feature of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Misery....Talk about a pairing. Well, technically I slept through most of misery.

Jimcs50
12-11-2004, 11:03 AM
When I lived in California as a kid, we used to go to the Drive In in Sacramento and it was an all night deal. They showed 4 movies and at the end of the 4th movie, my two sisters and I would all be crashed in the backseat when my mom and step dad would start up the car to go home.

I do not think we three ever made it to the 3rd movie before crashing...so who knows what went on in the front seat whilst we were in deep slumber in the back.:)

I also lost my virginity at the San Pedro Drive In, so I have some fond memories of the outdoor theaters. I am a gentleman, so I will not say which girl I lost it with. :)

SpursWoman
12-11-2004, 11:44 AM
straining our necks until they almost popped off trying to look through the wooden fences at the *adult* movies. :nerd :angel

Jimcs50
12-11-2004, 11:48 AM
straining our necks until they almost popped off trying to look through the wooden fences at the *adult* movies. :nerd :angel

One of the screens at the SanPedro Drive In had the adult movies and when I was a kid, I used to tell my mom that we were going to the playground by the snack bar and we would sneak over and check out those movies. :)

Hook Dem
12-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Ah yes...the good 'ol driveins in Corpus Christi..."Boulevard"," Corpus", "Osage", etc. I think I was the first one to get run over on the way to the bathroom. No "lights" allowed. Couldn't see that tank coming. Busted a lot of windows by leaving without putting the speaker back. Yes....we snuck in by hiding in the trunk too! Sometimes, they wouldn't let us out. It was the place to be to "make out". Met some skanks there also. Selectivity hadn't been invented then. But what the hell...it was dark. Who's gonna know? :lmao

mouse
12-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Mouse, were you that kid that used to throw gravel?

Bro I hate to admit this but I was a well behaved kid, my father was an instructor at west point in the 1960s, He took going to the drive in's serious,
We had at least two Fire drills before we loaded the station wagon with the proper gear and supplies. We had our check list read out loud as the neighbors watched me shout "Yes sir We have the first aid kit"

We had to be there two hours before the show to set up our base camp. The only time I saw kids tossing gravel was on the South side when there was at least 200 Mexican kids running around screaming and fighting while there parents where in there cars having sex . That area was set up as a cheap Day Care,

You needed to go to the Varsity Drive off Bandera and culebra road, At night you could go to the front of the drive in and wait for me by the swings and score a four finger bag of weed for 10 bucks as I would walk out the exit and return to Mr. Pizza Disco dance club in 1978

Solid D
12-11-2004, 02:42 PM
:rollin

Solid D
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Bro I hate to admit this but I was a well behaved kid.....
.................................................. .................................................. ...
You needed to go to the Varsity Drive off Bandera and culebra road, At night you could go to the front of the drive in and wait for me by the swings and score a four finger bag of weed for 10 bucks as I would walk out the exit and return to Mr. Pizza Disco dance club in 1978

:spin

Tonto
12-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Tonto not happy, white man take Tonto's land kill many buffalo, Him use land for white man movies like Jaws and Bruce Lee's five fingers of death,

Tonto not like drive in bring build on sacred ground where Tonto bury loved ones,

Solid D
12-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Tonto not like drive in bring build on sacred ground where Tonto bury loved ones,

Ah, so that's what those mounds were for where the speaker poles and cars/trucks were parked.

http://members.tripod.com/~ClaytonMoore/lr_silv8.jpg

http://members.tripod.com/~ClaytonMoore/hiyosilv.wav

^^^ Click here and hear me, the star of the silver screen! ^^^

Experiment2100
12-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Went to the mission saw the double feature of
Godzilla and Spiceworld

MannyIsGod
12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Dude the speaker poles are old school, it's all radio now.

OH OH, and what the fuck. They close Mission for the winter?@?@?@? It doesn't open again untill March. THATS BULLSHIT.

samikeyp
12-11-2004, 07:37 PM
One of the screens at the SanPedro Drive In had the adult movies and when I was a kid, I used to tell my mom that we were going to the playground by the snack bar and we would sneak over and check out those movies.

I see I wasn't the only one! :)