PDA

View Full Version : Flip-Happy Crepes

peewee's lovechild
08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I just saw "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and he challenged a couple of chicks who own a place called "Flip-happy Crepes" in Austin.

It was a crepe challenge and Bobby lost.

Does anyone here from Austin know about this place???
If so, is it any good??
And, exactly where is this place?

It looked pretty damn good, but I don't want to drive up only to be disappointed.

leemajors
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
http://www.fliphappycrepes.com/main.html

never even heard of it, but it's pretty close to where my wife works - right around barton springs and south lamar.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
A friend of mine was in that episode! She became friends with one of the owners and got invited to the fake picnic that Food Network had them throw. She was drunk as hell during the entire shoot, so they got a few goofy reactions shots from her. Anyways, my friend (and most everyone she knows) absolutely swears by that place. I don't know if that makes them good enough to warrant a special trip to Austin, but they are supposed to be terrific.

peewee's lovechild
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
A friend of mine was in that episode! She became friends with one of the owners and got invited to the fake picnic that Food Network had them throw. She was drunk as hell during the entire shoot, so they got a few goofy reactions shots from her. Anyways, my friend (and most everyone she knows) absolutely swears by that place. I don't know if that makes them good enough to warrant a special trip to Austin, but they are supposed to be terrific.

The crepes they make look real good, and if your friend swears by it . . . then I'll take your word for it.

I think I'll go visit Austin real soon.

Thanks.

CubanMustGo
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Bobby Flay = creep, not crêpe.