Marcus Bryant
08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
:hungry:

mardigan
08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Boys on Thursday

peewee's lovechild
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
As long as everyone stays healthy, the Boys will have a great season.

I hope we don't end up regretting passing on Brady Quinn.

BacktoBasics
08-08-2007, 10:24 AM
At the very least they'll have a nice first round pick even if Quinn pans out. The Bears proved that good defensive and a better than average run game can take a team far despite the lack of a high-end QB.

samikeyp
08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I wonder what the over/under is on number of dumbasses who will actually talk smack based on the results of pre-season games.

It's happened before. :lol

J.T.
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Preseason is for pussies. I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Cowboys on their preseason win over the Colts tonight. Just a notch on the way to the Super Bowl huh?

mardigan
08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Preseason is for pussies. I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Cowboys on their preseason win over the Colts tonight. Just a notch on the way to the Super Bowl huh?
No Booger, no repeat for your boys JT

fyatuk
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I always cheer for the Cowboys to lose in Preseason. Seems the worse record they have in preseason, the better they do in the regular season most years.

But still, it's about damn time we got some football again.

BeerIsGood!
08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
You don't watch pre-season football to see who wins, you watch to see how the depth chart is going to fill out and how the young players look. For the Cowboys' game the big things IMO are how Romo looks in his couple of series, how Spencer and the young defensive players compete, and how the young receivers (with Glenn out and TO not doing much) step up to compete for the 4 and 5 slots behind Crayton.

J.T.
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
No Booger, no repeat for your boys JT

Booger will be back for the playoffs like my man Bob Sanders was last year.

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-09-2007, 12:56 PM
wtf? a Colts Fan AND Spurs Fan? talk about frontrunning.

im guessing your a Red Sox fan too? :lol

J.T.
08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd rather put a waterproof cam in my toilet and watch myself take a dump than watch preseason football. But I'll watch the one series Peyton and the starters play tonight, then change the channel to toilet cam.

J.T.
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
wtf? a Colts Fan AND Spurs Fan? talk about frontrunning.

im guessing your a Red Sox fan too? :lol

I grew up in San Antonio. Spurs fan is a given.

No NFL or MLB in San Antonio makes rooting for those leagues wide open. I wish people would get off my goddamn back about living in Texas and not going for the Cowboys.

I honestly don't give a fuck about baseball. I watch the baseball playoffs and that's it.

J.T.
08-09-2007, 01:03 PM
And if I was just a frontrunner or bandwagon fan, would I have bought tickets to Indy for the first game against the Saints, to see them put up their SB banner?

I don't think all the fags around here who are like "Hey, Peyton Manning!" when I wear my jerseys around town would spent money they don't have to go to see their favorite football team in another state.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd rather put a waterproof cam in my toilet and watch myself take a dump than watch preseason football. But I'll watch the one series Peyton and the starters play tonight, then change the channel to toilet cam.
You dont like watching the rookies and new guys to see how they look? Your not excited about seeing Ugoh and Gonzalez play extensively?

J.T.
08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Sure I like to see how the new guys play but I'm all about the regular season and playoffs. I'm never really fond of preseason, camp, summer league in NBA, etc.

I guess I will watch to see how the Colts adjust to not having Tarik and Booger. I think they'll be fine. Colts demand that everyone on the O and D lines be able to play all positions on the line (I'm sure all teams do it this way) so someone will be able to slide in and fill in for those guys.

All the people hating on the Colts for losing so many defensive players can blow me. We've got plenty of guys waiting to prove they can hack it in the NFL. And they will.

maxpower
08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
It doesn't look like the dallas/ indy game is not in HD...

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM

:lol I wouldn't be surprised JT, if someone does say that. Just like I won't be surprised when I see the "Haha Cowboys lost!" post if they lose tonight.

Seriously though...while I love football and I watch pre-season games because I do, you cannot put any stock into wins and losses this early. I like to see how new veterans to the team and rookies do in real game situations so that makes it fun for me as a diehard.

What always kills me is when I hear "yeah, well, our (ever notice that there is always an "our"? like they are on the team. :lol ) 3rd string DT owned your (there is usually a "your" following the "our" :lol) 3rd string guard so our subs are better!! Whoo-hoo!"

Which is good because 3rd string o-line/d-line matchups happen so often in the regular season! :)

As far as your Colts go, IMO, losing Glenn is worse than losing Booger. But I am not prepared to write off Indy just yet.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 02:00 PM
As far as your Colts go, IMO, losing Glenn is worse than losing Booger. But I am not prepared to write off Indy just yet.
I dont see that at all, they at least drafted Ugoh so they have a guy that can step in, but they were last in the league in run defense with Booger last year, and have really no one to replace him, just seems like a huge loss to me

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
I dont see that at all, they at least drafted Ugoh so they have a guy that can step in, but they were last in the league in run defense with Booger last year, and have really no one to replace him, just seems like a huge loss to me

I didn't say it wasn't a huge loss, I just think Tarik Glenn's absence is more detrimental.

J.T.
08-09-2007, 02:03 PM

I don't think the defense will play as badly as they did last year even without Booger. They got had a lot of shit talked about them and they knew they were fucking up. The playoffs were different. Everyone played faster, harder and smarter. They just have to play that way in the regular season.

They should hire someone to teach them how to tackle on kick returns though. Oh man they gave up some shitty special teams plays in the playoffs.

SAtown
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I grew up in San Antonio. Spurs fan is a given.

No NFL or MLB in San Antonio makes rooting for those leagues wide open. I wish people would get off my goddamn back about living in Texas and not going for the Cowboys.

I honestly don't give a fuck about baseball. I watch the baseball playoffs and that's it.

That's exactly how I feel, except I'm a Jets fan. People in SA find that pretty odd...

fyatuk
08-09-2007, 04:26 PM
That's exactly how I feel, except I'm a Jets fan. People in SA find that pretty odd...

I just think that would seem like a lot of work, considering even the Texans find it hard to get regular coverage in San Antonio. Certainly easier now with the internet and satellite TV and all that, but it seems like it'd be nearly impossible to be a fan of anyone but the cowboys if you got into football before the 90s and lived in SA.

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-09-2007, 04:35 PM

typical Colts fan. if Peyton and Marvin arent playing and putting up a lot of points, its not real football and its boring. 99% of them dont even know who Jim Harbaugh is.

for me im interested in watching Daymeion Hughes the CB for Cal (although you probably dont even know who that is). he was once rated the best CB in college and was a real playmaker his last year. he fell all the way to the third round and he might of been a real steal for the Colts.

another thing is that we are starting Rookie Doug Free and and second year Pat McQuistan at tackles. it could be interesting since they are going up against two very quick ends.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Junior Glymph and Jerheme Urban are gona wreck shit tonight

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised JT, if someone does say that. Just like I won't be surprised when I see the "Haha Cowboys lost!" post if they lose tonight.

Damn if I didn't call it.

wax that ass. 1-0

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75674

Marklar MM
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
The Lions won a game. The Lions won a game. WOOOOOOOO.

mardigan
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
The bengals lost Kenny irons for the season yesterday, fucking pre-season

emo serb
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!!!!!!!

SpursWoman
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Congratulations!! :elephant :lol

J.T.
08-10-2007, 08:02 PM
typical Colts fan. if Peyton and Marvin arent playing and putting up a lot of points, its not real football and its boring. 99% of them dont even know who Jim Harbaugh is.

for me im interested in watching Daymeion Hughes the CB for Cal (although you probably dont even know who that is). he was once rated the best CB in college and was a real playmaker his last year. he fell all the way to the third round and he might of been a real steal for the Colts.

I wish you could've been there when I named almost the entire Colts roster in front of like 10 Cowboys fans at a kegger last year because I showed up in a Manning jersey after the Cowboys broke the Colts win streak. They were saying the same shit...you just like Peyton blah blah blah.

I've dealt with people like you for years. Keep bringing it. I should just move to Indianapolis already. I wouldn't mind living there. But then I'd have to buy league pass to watch Spurs games.