PDA

View Full Version : You have to be a fucking sick baseball player...

whottt
08-08-2007, 12:57 AM
To just decide 2/3rds of the way through your career...

You know...I think I'll do some steroids and become the all time HR champion, it'd be neat.

70? I think I'll take that record down too.

Because that is essentially what Barry Bonds did...

I don't think Barry Bonds did steroids for most of his career...he's too much of a narcissist to risk his health needlessly....I don't think he even really cared about the all time HR record. I don't think he ever cared about the single season record...I think he just cared about being Barry Bonds and that was enough for him....

But I have never doubted that while the rest of the world was celebrating McGwire and Sammy...Bonds was sitting there saying...you know, I know these motherfuckers are cheating and no one cares, in fact, they love them, I've never cheated and everyone hates me...I think I'll give it a try and see what happens...

And what happened was absolute sickness...

I'm not defending Barry the person...I think he's douche, a self centered douche and this record essentially means nothing to me now, even if Barry had been clean the record wouldn't mean as much to me now, just because he's such a brat...it's not a magical record in any way shape or form now...

But people gotta admit...you gotta be an absolutely sick fucking player to just decide you are going to be the all time HR champion at the age of 35....this doesn't take into account the 500 SB he has tacked on to it...

Oh yeah...and to take down the single season HR record as well.

The truth is...there was nothing Barry Bonds couldn't do on the baseball field if he wanted to do it...steal 50 bases? Not a problem...Jack more HR in a single season than any player in history? Sure...just give me some juice like all the other big hitters use now...all time record? Done...

At the age of 35.

Oh hell...let me throw in a batting title at the age of 40 while I'm at it.

I question his heart, his hustle and his team spirit, I don't think he's the best player of this era...but the dude's talent is absofuckinglutely unquestionable. IF he's not the most talented player ever...he's right there with it.

This guy was a legit 500 500 player with no steroids...the only one of his kind...

Ask yourself this...what if Barry Bonds had done steroids for his entire career, instead of 2/3rds the way through it?

K-State Spur
08-08-2007, 01:08 AM
70? I think I'll take that record down too.

If you believe the rumors, it was Mac hitting 70 on roids that led to Barry taking them up.

whottt
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
If you believe the rumors, it was Mac hitting 70 on roids that led to Barry taking them up.

Oh without a doubt...and I never doubted for a second McGwire and Sosa were doing them as well...you look up posterboys for steroid usage and they have pictures of McGwire and Sosa...they fit the sterotype to a T. I knew they were doing them at the time...I never liked McGwire...I think he's every bit the douchebag Barry is.

I am pretty sure Clemens has done them as well.

TLWisfoine
08-08-2007, 03:01 AM
^^^Why don't you think they put Clemens on blast then?

timvp
08-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Raffy was justified

timvp
08-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Actually, that was a good take by whottt. I don't like Bonds but he's one of the best players ever. If he would have started taken steroids back when McGwire started taking steroids, he would probably be approaching 900 right now.

exstatic
08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Actually, that was a good take by whottt. I don't like Bonds but he's one of the best players ever. If he would have started taken steroids back when McGwire started taking steroids, he would probably be approaching 900 right now.
There seems to be a logic to that, but you aren't accounting for the toll that 'roids take on your body. If he had started with Mac, he probably would have had to stop with Mac. When you get too big, and B*NDS definitely was, things start popping and tearing.

T Park
08-09-2007, 12:16 AM
things are already popping and tearing on Bonds. His knees and back are shot.

I never liked McGwire...I think he's every bit the douchebag Barry is.

McGwire was a cheat, he was a coward in front of congress.

But theres one thing hes not and a douchebag. You may call me a cardinal homer, and I may be to a point.

I dont like mcgwire, im embarassed he was ever a cardinal.

But i halve to defend him here. The guy was a class guy through and through.

His work with the charities and other organizations in St Louis was too heartfelt for him to be a douche like Barry Bonds.

Sorry.