PDA

View Full Version : Amare to grace NBA 08 cover

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6176399.html?tag=latestnews;title;2

In other sports game news, Sony Computer Entertainment America has selected Amare Stoudemire as the cover athlete for NBA 08. It will be the second time the Phoenix Suns power forward--who also participated in the 2006 All-Star Game and 2004 Athens Olympics--has been on the cover of an SCEA basketball sim, after NBA 06 two years ago. NBA 08 will ship for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Portable in October.

monosylab1k
08-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Following the lead of Kobe, Shaq, & Arenas. NBA video game covers are for obnoxious loudmouths, apparently.

atxrocker
08-09-2007, 01:13 AM
fucking badass. lol @ the haters. dudes a beast.

Findog
08-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Following the lead of Kobe, Shaq, & Arenas. NBA video game covers are for obnoxious loudmouths, apparently.

Gilbert's not an obnoxious loudmouth. He's a charismatic loudmouth.

Reggie Miller
08-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Gilbert's not an obnoxious loudmouth. He's a charismatic loudmouth.

Arenas is "eccentric," becuase he can play ball and has millions. Otherwise, he would be in his mom's basement on his computer or X-Box. He's a loudmouth, but only in the way that any slightly strange dude would be if people kept sticking microphones in his face.

I like Arenas becuase he seems like a more or less normal guy (and by normal I mean typically maladjusted like everyone) who has been given a lot of money and fame, and he is still figuring out what the hell to do with it all.

Findog
08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Arenas is "eccentric," becuase he can play ball and has millions. Otherwise, he would be in his mom's basement on his computer or X-Box. He's a loudmouth, but only in the way that any slightly strange dude would be if people kept sticking microphones in his face.

I like Arenas becuase he seems like a more or less normal guy (and by normal I mean typically maladjusted like everyone) who has been given a lot of money and fame, and he is still figuring out what the hell to do with it all.

I agree. There's something endearing and down-to-earth about him. He seems very fan-friendly and approachable. Definitely does not deserve to be lumped in with the other guys named.

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star talks shit like this -

LeBron would much rather have Cassell take the final shot," says Arenas. "People don't realize that LeBron doesn't want it."

I have to pat myself on the back for that one. I have the copies of the game and I have been giving them to all my teammates. I let them know that next year, October 2, they have no choice but to look at me. Your kids, brothers, sisters, they have no choice but to look at me. I'm not only in the game, I'm on the cover of it.

If he ain't scoring 29 points a game, he can't talk to me.

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star criticizes his coach for emphasizing defense.

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star dubs his season "The Takeover".

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star predicts exact dates for when he's going to drop 50 on somebody, then finds 8000 excuses as to why he shot 3 for 15 on The Night Of The Golden Guarantee.

Gilbert Arenas is as big an arrogant ass as you'll find in the NBA...he just isn't good enough for too many people to give a shit.

Obstructed_View
08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
I agree. There's something endearing and down-to-earth about him. He seems very fan-friendly and approachable. Definitely does not deserve to be lumped in with the other guys named.
I dislike so much about Arenas, but every so often he does something that makes me like him in spite of everything else. Doing the dunk off the trampoline during the all-star game is kind of an example. He's still a ball hog, and he'll probably never be a winner, but so what.

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Arenas is so arrogant he makes Amare almost bearable in comparison.

MrChug
08-09-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree with what everyone's saying including Findog (f*k). He's slightly marketable because of his level of innocence...he's NOT, he's an idiot. But the reason I agree with mono is because his label of "obnoxious" stands for the very reason that anyone else has been labeled obnoxious. He has the whole "diarreah of the mouth" thing. He just doesn't know how to stop himself from saying things he shouldn't.

My favorite is when he made his first All-Star game in 2005 and PREDICTED the MVP trophy...only to play 15 minutes and chuck it up 11 times and hit 3 of them. But he was in front of every reporter that would interview him claiming that he would be the MVP :bang

Reggie Miller
08-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I dislike so much about Arenas, but every so often he does something that makes me like him in spite of everything else. Doing the dunk off the trampoline during the all-star game is kind of an example. He's still a ball hog, and he'll probably never be a winner, but so what.

Another good point. I might find Gilbert's antics a little more tiresome if he was actually hurting one of my teams. As it is, he is in the "mostly harmless" category. Part of why Arenas comes off badly is that his priorities are out of whack. To him, being on the cover of NBA 07 was actually more important than winning a title, which is why he kept going on and on about it.

Arenas and Caron Butler apparently do a lot of cool things for fans and charity work in the D.C. area that does not get publicized. That definitely influences my opinion of him.

leemajors
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Arenas is so arrogant he makes Amare almost bearable in comparison.
he is arrogant, but at least he's intelligent and funny (imo). amare comes off as neither.

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 09:38 AM
he is arrogant, but at least he's intelligent and funny (imo). amare comes off as neither.
yeah that's true. but i think that's partly why he's more obnoxious to me than Amare....he knows exactly what he's doing when he says the shit he says....Amare is too stupid to figure out that he's talking like an asshole.

Findog
08-09-2007, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star talks shit like this -

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star criticizes his coach for emphasizing defense.

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star dubs his season "The Takeover".

:rolleyes yeah, the typical down to earth NBA star predicts exact dates for when he's going to drop 50 on somebody, then finds 8000 excuses as to why he shot 3 for 15 on The Night Of The Golden Guarantee.

Gilbert Arenas is as big an arrogant ass as you'll find in the NBA...he just isn't good enough for too many people to give a shit.

A lot of that is tongue-in-cheek. He makes the NBA vastly more entertaining. It's called "color."

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 09:41 AM
A lot of that is tongue-in-cheek. He makes the NBA vastly more entertaining. It's called "color."
calling out your coach is tongue in cheek? I'd love to see Dirk go blasting Avery in the media and then saying "haha........gotcha!" i'm sure Avery would be doubled over with laughter.

Findog
08-09-2007, 09:42 AM

What do you dislike about him? I think the worst you can say about him is that he's not quite as hungry and hung up on winning a title as a player of his caliber and reputation should be, but he's just so damn entertaining -- the $10 bets with the fans, the blog, which is definitely in his words and not some Wizards PR flack, etc.

Findog
08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
calling out your coach is tongue in cheek? I'd love to see Dirk go blasting Avery in the media and then saying "haha........gotcha!" i'm sure Avery would be doubled over in laughter.

He's still pretty young. I don't care, the Wizards aren't my team. He gets points in my book for having personality, definitely a "have a beer with" kind of guy.

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
He's still pretty young. I don't care, the Wizards aren't my team. He gets points in my book for having personality, definitely a "have a beer with" kind of guy.
fair enough. if he ever becomes a Maverick i just might start rooting for the Hawks full time.

Findog
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
fair enough. if he ever becomes a Maverick i just might start rooting for the Hawks full time.

I've already rooted for Atlanta, when they were the Mavericks circa 1990-1999. Don't want to do that again.

SRJ
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I apply the 80-20 rule with Agent Zero. 80% of the time, I like him and I find him entertaining. I also agree that he would be a lot more tiresome if he was playing for my team.

Anyway, GA>>>>Amare.

Findog
08-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I apply the 80-20 rule with Agent Zero. 80% of the time, I like him and I find him entertaining. I also agree that he would be a lot more tiresome if he was playing for my team.

Anyway, GA>>>>Amare.

The 80/20 principle is probably a good rule of thumb. I see him as one of the good guys in the league.

Switchman
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Dude is a beast.

dirk4Mvp_
08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
dirk should have been on the cover.

yourcheatinheart
08-09-2007, 04:47 PM

if that's the criteria, then your first to be on the cover of "Spurstalk 2k8". go suns. :toast

yourcheatinheart
08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/576953119_94280fd71d_o.jpg

MrChug
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
if that's the criteria, then your first to be on the cover of "Spurstalk 2k8". go suns. :toast

Okay...now THAT was funny.

monosylab1k
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9742/asdfuy6.png (http://imageshack.us)

yourcheatinheart
08-10-2007, 12:13 AM
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9742/asdfuy6.png (http://imageshack.us)
:toast :drunk :toast

dirk4mvp
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Does anybody even care about NBA 08 ?

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
woohoo amare is my hero i want to have gay sex with him 24/7... if i could only pry him away from nash and marion.

Johnny RIngo
08-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Does anybody even care about NBA 08 ?

NBA 08's like that shitty store brand cereal. Nobody I know has ever touched that damn series. Guess Sony couldn't find a decent star for their cover so they had to resort to that cripple Amare.

The only NBA game worth playing is the 2K series anyway.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-11-2007, 12:52 PM
woohoo amare is my hero i want to have gay sex with him 24/7... if i could only pry him away from nash and marion.
:wtf