PDA

View Full Version : Problem with NBA marketing

SpursDynasty
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
NBA.com tells us these are the "Ten to Watch":

Spurs vs. Blazers: Wow, so George Oden who hasn't played a single NBA game or paid his dues gets this kind of love already. I expect a Spurs blowout by 20 at the least. This game will in no way be interesting other than the ring ceremony.

Rockets vs. Lakers: Again, why is this one a must see? Two first round elimination teams from 2007 playoffs.

Mavs vs. Cavs: A first round elimination team and a team that not only is from the East, but got swept. Zzz.

Sonics vs. Nuggets: A team getting some kid named Kevin Durant vs. another first round playoff elimination team from 2007 playoffs. Zzz.

Wizards vs. Celtics: I'll give em this one. Let's see if Garnett and Allen don't cause any backstage problems. But then again, its East vs. East, so Zzz.

Mavs vs. Warriors: A good one to see only because we get to see Dallas get reminded that they are not the best team in basketball. I expect Davis and Jackson to knock down some threes and drive to the hoop on that joke of a team called the Mavericks.

Heat vs. Blazers: A first round elimination team vs. George Oden. Zzz.

Suns vs. Spurs: Finally, a decent game. Controversy plus pissing Phoenix off is always fun.

CHRISTMAS DAY GAMES: Quite possible the worst Christmas Day schedule in NBA history: Heat vs. Cavs - THEY BOTH GOT SWEPT IN THE PLAYOFFS! And you put them on national TV on Christmas. Because we all know LeBron was a ratings record-setter in the NBA Finals last year. Suns vs. Lakers - Suns draw attention, and Kobe draws attention, but as a game, I must say that it SUCKS ASS. This match up is so one-sided, other than Kobe highlights and some Suns highlights, expect a Suns victory by 15 points at the least. Zzz. Sonics vs. Blazers - No comment.

Celtics vs. Wolves - Always interesting to see a long-time player return home.

Nuggets vs. 76ers - See above. Only interesting thing about it is AI returning to Philly.

So out of these 10 so-called "must see" games, only 4 are quality games. I think the NBA has done a horrendous job with their national TV scheduling this season.

Behrooz24
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
You're Zzz. Most of those games give me wood.

SRJ
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Basketball sucks.

:tu

Medvedenko
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdZHffwOF8&mode=related&search=

They need more games like this....TD's shot was huge....but then again....so was fishers....

SpursDynasty
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM

They need more games like this....TD's shot was huge....but then again....so was fishers....

Yeah, those were the days. Ever since Shaq left the Lakers, the Spurs have been the lone superpower in the NBA. Spurs and LA ruled the NBA and was the best rivalry:

Spurs beat the Lakers in the 1999 playoffs. Most people think, "it was a lockout-shortened season!". But, that 1999 Lakers team had Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry. No joke.

Lakers kicked our ass in 2001.
2002 Lakers victory was closer than the 4-1 result.

Then the Spurs FINALLY end the Lakers 3-year run in 2003, no other team in the NBA was capable of beating that Laker team, except the Spurs. Most people forget this series was decided by one Robert Horry shot that bounced halfway in and out in Game 5 at the end of regulation. The Spurs took the torch and since eliminating LA in 2003, went on to win the 2003, 2005, and 2007 championships.

The Duncan shot over Shaq followed by Fisher's 0.4 shot was the most frantic sequence in the NBA this decade.

Also, the Spurs closed down Lakers' play in the Forum in 1999.
The Lakers closed down Spurs' play in the Alamodome in 2002.
The Spurs were the first team to beat the Lakers in the playoffs since they begun play in the Staples Center.
The Lakers were the first team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs since they begun play in the AT&T Center

Best rivalry this decade.

Switchman
08-09-2007, 10:35 PM

I went from so high to so low in a matter of seconds that game :(

thispego
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM

god that's painful to watch

BobcatsDynasty
08-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah, those were the days. Ever since Shaq left the Lakers, the Spurs have been the lone superpower in the NBA. Spurs and LA ruled the NBA and was the best rivalry:

Spurs beat the Lakers in the 1999 playoffs. Most people think, "it was a lockout-shortened season!". But, that 1999 Lakers team had Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry. No joke.

Lakers kicked our ass in 2001.
2002 Lakers victory was closer than the 4-1 result.

Then the Spurs FINALLY end the Lakers 3-year run in 2003, no other team in the NBA was capable of beating that Laker team, except the Spurs. Most people forget this series was decided by one Robert Horry shot that bounced halfway in and out in Game 5 at the end of regulation. The Spurs took the torch and since eliminating LA in 2003, went on to win the 2003, 2005, and 2007 championships.

The Duncan shot over Shaq followed by Fisher's 0.4 shot was the most frantic sequence in the NBA this decade.

Also, the Spurs closed down Lakers' play in the Forum in 1999.
The Lakers closed down Spurs' play in the Alamodome in 2002.
The Spurs were the first team to beat the Lakers in the playoffs since they begun play in the Staples Center.
The Lakers were the first team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs since they begun play in the AT&T Center

Best rivalry this decade.

Fluke rivalry. The Bobcats were not around to begin their dynasty. Every champion that came P.B. (Pre Bobcats) needs an asterisk because it is a fluke championship.

I hope we don't have to play a fake team like the Spurs in the Finals this year. We've already proven that we can beat them. Been there, done that. When we beat the Spurs, we were just beating a team we're supposed to beat.

E20
08-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I still get hella pumped and cheery when I see Duncan make that shot.......................

BUT FUCKING BULL MOTHER FUCKING FUCK WHY DID THAT FUCKING .4 SHIT HAVE TO HAPPEN I MEAN I WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH JOY THEN I WAS ROLLING FROM SIDE TO SIDE WITH TEARS IT WAS FUCKING CRUEL.

Reggie Miller
08-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Honestly, a few of those games do blow monkey chunks. Heat v. Blazers?!?

Reggie Miller
08-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Fluke rivalry. The Bobcats were not around to begin their dynasty. Every champion that came P.B. (Pre Bobcats) needs an asterisk because it is a fluke championship.

I hope we don't have to play a fake team like the Spurs in the Finals this year. We've already proven that we can beat them. Been there, done that. When we beat the Spurs, we were just beating a team we're supposed to beat.

Right outcome, but wrong reasoning. Every P.B. championship was not legitimate because the champion did not play the Bobcats. Therefore, they did not play a "complete schedule" by definition. These "shortened season" championships all need an asterisk. Unfortunately, next year when the Bobcats win it all, they too will not have played the Bobcats, and Charlotte's championship will also have an asterisk.

MavericksDynasty
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Pfft. SpursDynasty is right, all of these games blow. Basketball hasn't had anything remotely entertaining since the 1987-88 Dallas Mavericks:

AGUIRRE
BLACKMAN
PERKINS
DONALDSON
HARPER
TARPLEY
DAVIS
BLAB
SCHREMPF
WENNINGTON
ALFORD

I'm creaming my jeans right now just thinking about those guys.

Really, the only entertaining basketball I can think of is if we could travel back in time and convince CBS to televise that team's practices, the Green Team vs. the Blue Team. All of these other games are by fluke teams. The 87-88 Mavericks were just great like they were supposed to be. Fake teams shouldn't be on tv.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
LMAO @ this thread.

First of all, the Suns against ANY team has the potential to be an instant classic (see Suns vs. New Jersey).

But Suns vs. Lakers is fielt mingnon as far as basketball games go. Did you seriously not see their series back in 06? It was hailed as the greatest first round series of all time.

Clevaland vs. Miami....yeah....a Lebron vs. Wade matchup is boring, right?

Please.

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
But Suns vs. Lakers is fielt mingnon as far as basketball games go.

What is fielt mingnon? I know what filet mignon is.

Yeah, the Suns being taken to 7 games by a D-League team and beating them by 30 in the deciding game. That had me on the edge of my seat!

Did you seriously not see their series back in 06? It was hailed as the greatest first round series of all time.

Yeah, right. Better than Denver-Seattle? Or Lakers-Sacramento? Or Golden State-Dallas, if you're not a Mavs fan? Shit, even those Knicks-Heat abortions were more entertaining than the Suns beating up on a D-League team. You're as bad a homer as SpursDynasty.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
What is fielt mingnon? I know what filet mignon is.

Yeah, the Suns being taken to 7 games by a D-League team and beating them by 30 in the deciding game. That had me on the edge of my seat!

Yeah, right. Better than Denver-Seattle? Or Lakers-Sacramento? Or Golden State-Dallas, if you're not a Mavs fan? Shit, even those Knicks-Heat abortions were more entertaining than the Suns beating up on a D-League team. You're as bad a homer as SpursDynasty.

Dumbass. Theres a difference between a great upset and a great series.

I can't believe you are even arguing this point. The Suns vs. Lakers in 06 was widely held as the greatest first round series of all time....not just by Suns fans...by everyone:

Bill Simmons:

Of course, the Lakers still have to come through. And for four games, their series with the Suns has defied all logic. There are so many incredible subplots, so much going on, such a perfect contrast of styles ... honestly, I don't know what to do with myself. It's like watching a bench-clearing brawl in baseball: What do you concentrate on when 50 things are happening at once? For the past few days, I have had more than a few friends and readers contact me just to say that they find themselves strangely captivated by this series, and they're not even really sure why.

Well, I know why. It's a fantastic series, that's why.

Stein:

That was a 121-90 spanking of the Los Angeles Lakers to bring an anti-climatic ending to the most dramatic first round in NBA history.

sribb43
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Mavs vs. Warriors: A good one to see only because we get to see Dallas get reminded that they are not the best team in basketball. I expect Davis and Jackson to knock down some threes and drive to the hoop on that joke of a team called the Mavericks

The sad thing about this game is that Jason Rischardson is gone and also Stephen Jackson will still be serving his I think 7 or 8 game suspension for shooting his gun last offseason. The NBA knew this so why didnt they atleast wait until he got back because without J-Rich and now SJAX, this game has no flare to it at all

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
by everyone:

Bill Simmons:

Bill Simmons = Everyone.

And "most dramatic" does not mean "best"

Mister Sinister
08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Lakers-Suns isn't a contrast of styles. Spurs-Suns is a contrast of styles. And Bill Simmons is a dick.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Basketball fans need only look to the 2006 NBA Playoffs: The opening—repeat: opening—series between the LA Lakers and Phoenix Suns was the most exciting series in sports ALL YEAR. The drama of this seven game series fomented the storied spirit and pluck of players on both teams. You had Raja Bell clothes-lining Kobe Bryant for the top moment in sports for 2006 (and most likely the millennium).

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
nice link

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Im trying to find the ESPN poll from 2006 in which they stated "BESIDEDS Phoenix vs. Lakers, which has been the most exciting series?"

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
it doesn't exist

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Dumbass. Theres a difference between a great upset and a great series.

I can't believe you are even arguing this point. The Suns vs. Lakers in 06 was widely held as the greatest first round series of all time....not just by Suns fans...by everyone:

Bill Simmons:

Oh, well if Simmons and Mark Stein say so, then I guess that settles it.

Kings-Lakers was better than Suns-Lakers.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
it doesn't exist

Got it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2433185

3. Which series other than Lakers-Suns has been most enjoyable to watch?

Owned again monoskajlsuyrwae

Findog
it doesn't exist

Maybe it was part of "Who's Now."

Findog
Got it!

An unscientific poll on the World-Wide Follower. Thanks!

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Got it!

Owned again monoskajlsuyrwae

not a poll

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Im trying to find the ESPN poll from 2006 in which they stated "BESIDEDS Phoenix vs. Lakers, which has been the most exciting series?"

QFT

himat
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Spurs fans hating the Fisher shot...I just saw the top 10 clutch plays in the NBA playoffs and Horry was in it. That shot stopped the Pistons from winning back to back. It still stings. :pctoss

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
QFT

I'd fall back on things like "We're popular and exciting to watch!" too if my team had no chance in hell of ever beating the Spurs and winning a title.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
This series also broke some ratings records.....Spurs fans know all about that...but THIS was a GOOD record:

The May 4, 2006 telecast of Game 6 of the Phoenix Suns-Los Angeles Lakers first round series was seen in 3,713,000 homes, setting a record for a cable first round NBA playoff game. The previous record had been 3,606,000 for a 1995 game between the Chicago Bulls (who had just recently had Michael Jordan return from his first retirement) and the then-Charlotte Hornets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd fall back on things like "We're popular and exciting to watch!" too if my team had no chance in hell of ever beating the Spurs and winning a title.
haha yeah true, when your team has no chance you have to hang your hat on things like "we had the best first round series that one year! Bill Simmons said so!"

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
This series also broke some ratings records.....Spurs fans know all about that...but THIS was a GOOD record:

everybody was watching for the Lakers

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:51 AM

The May 4, 2006 telecast of Game 6 of the Phoenix Suns-Los Angeles Lakers first round series was seen in 3,713,000 homes, setting a record for a cable first round NBA playoff game. The previous record had been 3,606,000 for a 1995 game between the Chicago Bulls (who had just recently had Michael Jordan return from his first retirement) and the then-Charlotte Hornets.

O titles.

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM

True, Kobe is the Michael Jordan on his era, in terms of popularity. He also plays for the league's glamour team. The Lakers could've played the Hornets and the ratings would've been the same.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Then why didn't the Lakers generate these numbers when they played the Kings back in 2000?

Suns vs Lakers was the best ever.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Likewise this years Suns vs. Lakers didn't have the same numbers because it wasn't nearly as good of a series....

So much for your "Kobe generates the ratings on his own" argument Findog.

What else ya got?

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Then why didn't the Lakers generate these numbers when they played the Kings back in 2000?
Y2K bug

Mister Sinister
08-10-2007, 10:55 AM
^:lol

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
From Slam Online:

Lakers vs. Suns

D’Antoni vs. Jackson

Raja vs. Kobe

Nash vs. Kobe

Barkley vs. Kobe

That was the script last year. There hasn’t been a script revision this time around. Last season, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Phoenix Suns played in one of the most memorable first round Playoff series in NBA history.

http://slamonline.com/online/2007/04/lakers-vs-suns-first-round-preview/

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
congratulations on the most popular first round series ever. too bad you don't get a ring for that.

Findog
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Likewise this years Suns vs. Lakers didn't have the same numbers because it wasn't nearly as good of a series....

So much for your "Kobe generates the ratings on his own" argument Findog.

What else ya got?

The ratings would've been the same if the Lakers had gotten waxed by the Spurs or the Mavericks. The Suns will never win a title with this current group. You'll just have to console yourself with blowjobs from Simmons.

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
why does it get easier to own these sunfan trolls? i didn't even break a sweat on this one. you'd think they'd start figuring things out and stepping their game up. but they don't. apparently they're all as dumb as Amare.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
congratulations on the most popular first round series ever. too bad you don't get a ring for that.

To return to the forum topic...THIS is why Suns vs. Lakers is being held on Christmas day.

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
To return to the forum topic...THIS is why Suns vs. Lakers is being held on Christmas day.
the forum topic was making fun of SpursDynasty for being an idiot, you ruined it with your Suns ratings jerkoff session.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:05 AM
the forum topic was making fun of SpursDynasty for being an idiot, you ruined it with your Suns ratings jerkoff session.

Hey now, we can make room for making fun of dumb_suns_fan too. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

SpursDynasty
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM

In 2006 playoffs it was an interesting match up. In 2007 it was a dud. That game will be about as interesting as watching the Bobcats vs. the Hawks.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
why does it get easier to own these sunfan trolls? i didn't even break a sweat on this one. you'd think they'd start figuring things out and stepping their game up. but they don't. apparently they're all as dumb as Amare.

dumb_suns_fan is a one-trick pony.

Everybody else: "Your team doesn't play defense and can't win a title."

dumb_suns_fans: "BUH BUH BUH but the ratings! We're popular!"

This ain't a Nielsens message board, kid. Nobody gives a fuck.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
In 2006 playoffs it was an interesting match up. In 2007 it was a dud. That game will be about as interesting as watching the Bobcats vs. the Hawks.

See suns fan? Pretty sad when even SpursDynasty is owning your ass.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:09 AM
dumb_suns_fan is a one-trick pony.

Everybody else: "Your team doesn't play defense and can't win a title."

dumb_suns_fans: "BUH BUH BUH but the ratings! We're popular!"

This ain't a Nielsens message board, kid. Nobody gives a fuck.

I just totally owned you pal...you claimed a list of other playoffs series to be more exciting or greater than Suns vs. Lakers.

I get expert analysis from Simmons, Stein, SlamOnline etc and even ratings records to prove it.

This should teach you NEVER to question me. :lol

OWNED!!!!!!

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
See suns fan? Pretty sad when even SpursDynasty is owning your ass.

Youre really embarrassed aren't ya?

Its all here for everyone to see.

:clap

BobcatsDynasty
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
That will be a great game.

I'm just glad they didn't do anything stupid like schedule Spurs-Bobcats as the first game. That would be a "Zzz." game because the Bobcats would just beat a team they're supposed to beat.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:12 AM

Maybe they don't get a ring for getting out of the first round, but pop open the champagne and raise the roof bitches, cause the Suns are Pacific Division Champs!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1286/1072179131_90f87fdf23_o.jpg

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I just totally owned you pal...you claimed a list of other playoffs series to be more exciting or greater than Suns vs. Lakers.

I get expert analysis from Simmons, Stein, SlamOnline etc and even ratings records to prove it
prove what? that a bunch of Suns homers in the media think a Suns series was exciting?

when does Nash wear his "First Round Ratings Champion" ring? I haven't seen him sporting it.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM

I get expert analysis from Simmons, Stein, SlamOnline etc and even ratings records to prove it.

OWNED!!!!!!

You forgot the scare quotes around expert and prove.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Youre really embarrassed aren't ya?

Its all here for everyone to see.

:clap

Embarrassed? Irony Alert!

Yeah, I'm embarrassed, because I slog off my team's failures by talking about how awesome Dirk's MVP award is, or Avery's Coach of the Year Award.

Mister Sinister
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM

OWNED!!!!!!
The only reason not to question you, is because you carry that rate and deadly type of stupidity that only a Suns fan could have.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM
The NBA should just put every Suns game on national TV.

Think about it...what were the best games from last year?

1) Suns vs. Mavs III
2) Suns vs. New Jersey (in New Jersey)
3) Suns vs. Wizards (in Phoenix)
4) Suns vs. Mavs II
5) Suns vs Bulls (in Chicago)

Any Im forgetting any?

DOMINATOR
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM

OWNED!!!!!!
there were alot of series better... no one gives a shit about first round teams except you.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM

1) Suns vs. Mavs III
4) Suns vs. Mavs II

Any Im forgetting any?

Most important games from last year:

1) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 4
2) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 3
3) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 2
4) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 1

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:19 AM

1) Suns vs. Mavs III
4) Suns vs. Mavs II

Any Im forgetting any?

Warriors-Mavs Game 5 and Cavs-Pistons Game 5 own everything on your list.

DOMINATOR

1) Suns vs. Mavs III
4) Suns vs. Mavs II

Any Im forgetting?
idiot... theres no possible way for you to watch every single game.
first matchup of spurs vs mavs last season was pretty damn good.

da_suns_fan__
Most important games from last year:

1) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 4
2) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 3
3) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 2
4) Spurs vs Cavs, Game 1

Mavs fans were so humiliated in last years playoffs they all sort of morphed into Spurs jock lovers.

Where's Ponky at?

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Mavs fans were so humiliated in last years playoffs they all sort of morphed into Spurs jock lovers.

Where's Ponky at?

I hate the Spurs, but they have four things your team doesn't have. It's so embarrassing to fall back on ratings talk. I would too, though, if my team was fatally flawed.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Warriors-Mavs Game 5 and Cavs-Pistons Game 5 own everything on your list.

So the NBA can just start the playoffs before the regular season?

The NBA needs to pick games for its regular season schedule.

Like i said, Suns are in all of the top games from last year.

And the Suns had some great playoff games themselves (Suns vs. Spurs game 4 & 5).

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
So the NBA can just start the playoffs before the regular season?

The NBA needs to pick games for its regular season schedule.

Like i said, Suns are in all of the top games from last year.
you didn't say anything about your list being regular season exclusive.

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM

1) Suns vs. Mavs III
4) Suns vs. Mavs II

Any Im forgetting any?
QFT

spursfan09
08-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Instead of worrying about your team being most exciting to watch, maybe you should realize it's going to take alot more than being exciting to win a championship. And ooohh that series was "the greatest first round of all time"? thats not something to brag much about either. :lol

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Instead of worrying about your team being most exciting to watch, maybe you should realize it's going to take alot more than being exciting to win a championship. And ooohh that series was "the greatest first round of all time"? thats not something to brag much about either. :lol

Kind of like a virgin bragging about how good a kisser he is.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:25 AM
you didn't say anything about your list being regular season exclusive.

So there are no games I am missing then?

The NBA should just reserve the right to exit a current game to switch to the Suns current matchup if its a good game.

What do you think the NBA execs were doing when TNT was playing Mavs vs. Pistons during the Suns vs. Nets epic matchup? :bang

They even brought the game up to Chauncey Billups during his post game interview! :lol

"Boy, I wish I could have watched THAT game"
- Chauncey Billups

So did everyone else Chauncey!

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:26 AM

The NBA should just reserve the right to exit a current game to switch to the Suns current matchup if its a good game.

What do you think the NBA execs were doing when TNT was playing Mavs vs. Pistons during the Suns vs. Nets epic matchup? :bang

They even brought the game up to Chauncey Billups during his post game interview! :lol

- Chauncey Billups

Pistons have won a Finals. Mavs have been to a Finals. More consequential. Hell, even the fucking Nets have been to a Finals.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM
One game worthy of fameBy Greg Anthony
ESPN.com

A few thoughts in the wake of the Phoenix Suns' remarkable 161-157 double overtime win -- the most points in the baggy-shorts era -- over the New Jersey Nets . . .
The Nets-Suns game was basketball nirvana. Agree?

It was about as close to perfect basketball as you can get. The night's worst shooting team hits for 52 percent and wins. The turnovers were low (29) relative to possessions. And the showdown between Steve Nash (42 points, 13 assists) and Jason Kidd (38 points, 14 assists, 14 rebounds) was like a movie. It wasn't a matter of a team playing that poorly, or a complete lack of defense.

Hard to quantify these things, but this feels like one of the great ones.

A great game is relative to the circumstances. But this is one of those amazing regular-season games. Most people will not have seen it. In terms of pure basketball, I don't know if you're going to see a better game than what we saw -- we're talking about a combined 318 points.

Why can't all games be like this?

It's much more difficult to play that well offensively as it is to play equally as well defensively. The reason defense has been so successful through the history of sport is because it has proved to be something you can be more consistent with. Some nights, the ball just doesn't go in.

But what if it did?

If they were able to play at this level consistently, you might as well cancel the season and anoint the Suns NBA champs.

That brings us to Detroit. On the very same night as the Suns-Nets gem, a team that you believe has been the best physically the last four years won with a contrasting, slow-the-tempo approach, winning in Dallas, 92-82. Looked like the anti-Suns in a way.

When you look at Detroit, it's often the mental part of the game -- and not the physical -- where problems come in. You're going to play 82 games a season -- and you're going to have five or six games (like the Suns had) that are perfect. But there's going to be 75 or 76 that don't go well at some point. How you deal with adversity is vital. Look at how well-versed Miami was in it last year -- and it helped them play their best when it counted most. Perseverance is a great quality. That's the challenge for Detroit.

Notice how Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki eschewed his often effective 3-pointer for almost the entire game, looking to get to the line more.

Great winners who score the ball are the ones who go to the line. Larry Bird, MJ, Kobe Bryant The one thing they have in common is getting to the line -- that's an area Dirk has continued to improve in.

This is an X factor; it helps offset those nights when you don't shoot it well. It also helps when you are making it. That's when an offensive player is most effecive -- creating the contact and getting those free-throw points --- that's why they call them free.

What a night. Put Dirk's buddy Nash (42 points, 13 assists) into some perspective.

Nash has played the point guard position the last three years as well as it can be played.

Seems like people will remember this Nets-Suns game for a while.
I'm sure both sides felt like they won -- there's no question the fans won.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-061208

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:29 AM

- Chauncey Billups

completely agree. suns are the best team in the nba

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

I think they won the ESPYs "Team of the Year" Award.

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Pistons have won a Finals. Mavs have been to a Finals. More consequential. Hell, even the fucking Nets have been to a Finals.
all the games the Suns lose, are rigged so they lose or else they would win every single game.

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
:lmao

did dasunsfan convince one of his 9th grade buddies to go to the library during lunch to log in and give him some backup since no other reasonable Suns fan will?

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I think they won the ESPYs "Team of the Year" Award.
damn right cuz they are the best team EVER.

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM

did dasunsfan convince one of his 9th grade buddies to go to the library during lunch to log in and give him some backup since no other reasonable Suns fan will?
NO im in 10th grade.. bitch suns will own your sorry ass team this year in ratings!

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM

all the games the Suns lose, are rigged so they lose or else they would win every single game

Don't think so.

monosylab1k
NO im in 10th grade.. bitch suns will own your sorry ass team this year in ratings!
:lol nice

Findog

Suns Rule! Party Time! Excellent!

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah..I knew it was a troll....probably Findog.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM

No, parodying you is beneath my dignity, because you're boring and a one-trick pony. I only do MavericksDynasty, because SpursDynasty is so good at bringing the funny.

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 11:36 AM
what's a troll? im 100% suns homer all the time... SUNS RULE WOOOOO

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:36 AM
No can't be Findog...he's actually taking that guy seriously.

I had no idea you were as dumb as monb1kashfwqeh

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
what's a troll? im 100% suns homer all the time... SUNS RULE WOOOOO

:tu :lol

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
No can't be Findog...he's actually taking that guy seriously.

I had no idea you were as dumb as monb1kashfwqeh

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1900432&postcount=79

Sure, I take him seriously. I'm sorry you can't read above a second-grade level.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1900432&postcount=79

Sure, I take him seriously. I'm sorry you can't read above a second-grade level.

My God, are you trying to prove my point?

Why would you quote that post if you are trying to prove that you weren't taking that guy seriously?

:lol

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Why would you quote that post if you are trying to prove that you weren't taking that guy seriously?

God, you really are that stupid, or you're just a Spurs fan in disguise trying to make Suns fans look bad. It was a reply to mono, not the troll.

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM

you were doing alot better when arguing that the Suns deserved a "Ratings Champion" ring.

da_suns_fan__
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
God, you really are that stupid, or you're just a Spurs fan in disguise trying to make Suns fans look bad. It was a reply to mono, not the troll.

Yet you italicize Suns_Rule's post, BOLD his statement that every game the Suns lose is rigged and then end it with "Don't think so".

Maybe you slow down when you type, eh?

monosylab1k
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Yet you italicize Suns_Rule's post, BOLD his statement that every game the Suns lose is rigged and then end it with "Don't think so".

I'm almost convinced that dasunsfan is indeed Amare Stoudemire. Nobody else could possibly be this obtuse.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM

"Don't think so" is a reply to mono's question. The bolded part was highlighting what gave it away.

This is too easy. You have to walk before you can run, kid.

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, I'm off work and headed out for a Friday afternoon of fun. It's been nice owning you again sun fan.

cornbread
08-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Spurs vs. Blazers: Wow, so George Oden who hasn't played a single NBA game or paid his dues gets this kind of love already. I expect a Spurs blowout by 20 at the least. This game will in no way be interesting other than the ring ceremony.

Rockets vs. Lakers: Again, why is this one a must see? Two first round elimination teams from 2007 playoffs.

Mavs vs. Cavs: A first round elimination team and a team that not only is from the East, but got swept. Zzz.

Sonics vs. Nuggets: A team getting some kid named Kevin Durant vs. another first round playoff elimination team from 2007 playoffs. Zzz.

Wizards vs. Celtics: I'll give em this one. Let's see if Garnett and Allen don't cause any backstage problems. But then again, its East vs. East, so Zzz.

Mavs vs. Warriors: A good one to see only because we get to see Dallas get reminded that they are not the best team in basketball. I expect Davis and Jackson to knock down some threes and drive to the hoop on that joke of a team called the Mavericks.

Heat vs. Blazers: A first round elimination team vs. George Oden. Zzz.

Suns vs. Spurs: Finally, a decent game. Controversy plus pissing Phoenix off is always fun.

CHRISTMAS DAY GAMES: Quite possible the worst Christmas Day schedule in NBA history: Heat vs. Cavs - THEY BOTH GOT SWEPT IN THE PLAYOFFS! And you put them on national TV on Christmas. Because we all know LeBron was a ratings record-setter in the NBA Finals last year. Suns vs. Lakers - Suns draw attention, and Kobe draws attention, but as a game, I must say that it SUCKS ASS. This match up is so one-sided, other than Kobe highlights and some Suns highlights, expect a Suns victory by 15 points at the least. Zzz. Sonics vs. Blazers - No comment.

Celtics vs. Wolves - Always interesting to see a long-time player return home.

Nuggets vs. 76ers - See above. Only interesting thing about it is AI returning to Philly.

So out of these 10 so-called "must see" games, only 4 are quality games. I think the NBA has done a horrendous job with their national TV scheduling this season.
I can't believe the NBA is using this list in an effort to promote its recent champion, recent playoff performers, rivalries, up and coming young talent, and recently overhauled teams, in a regionally balanced fashion. It's almost like they're trying to create some buzz about their product. What the fuck do they think this is? A business?

Reggie Miller
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Apparently they're all as dumb as Amare.

NO ONE is as dumb as Amare. He still hasn't figured out the charge rule.

Reggie Miller
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM

Suns vs Lakers was the best ever.

How many more people had cable or satellite television in 2006 vs. 2000? You might want to start there if you are actually curious (rather than spouting another diatribe).

Xylus
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
The regular season games I look forward to most throughout the year are Suns v. Mavs games.

If we're talking regular season, and even in the playoffs, the most exciting games are generally Suns games. They might not be the most meaningful (since the Suns haven't been to the Finals in some time), but they're definitely the most entertaining. There's always lots of drama.

The Lakers-Suns in 2006 was fantastic. Definitely the biggest story in basketball at the time.

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 06:59 PM
If we're talking regular season, and even in the playoffs, the most exciting games are generally Suns games.
you got that right... suns best team in the league by far... who wouldnt wanna watch sexy amare run around touching balls with nash and marion.

Switchman
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe they don't get a ring for getting out of the first round, but pop open the champagne and raise the roof bitches, cause the Suns are Pacific Division Champs!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :clap :clap

sribb43
08-10-2007, 11:29 PM

that is classic :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Findog
08-10-2007, 11:46 PM
that is classic :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey, Raja seems surprisingly proud of it.

Suns_Rule
08-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey, Raja seems surprisingly proud of it.
youre damn right he is... only thing he's won in his life.

LEONARD
08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Interesting