PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys are up 20 against the World Champs!!

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
They will win the Super Bowl.

:jack

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Your hate for the Cowboys is amusing

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Your love for the Cowboys is amusing.

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:40 PM
You were probably cursing TO's name when he did the star antics when he was with SF and now you have him in your sig like you love the bastard.

Fucking Homer.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
My dads team, never had much of a choice.
But I also dont feel a need to try and tear other fans teams down either, unless its the Eagles, Giants or Skins

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
You were probably cursing TO's name when he did the star antics when he was with SF and now you have him in your sig like you love the bastard.

Fucking Homer.
You probably hated Robert Horry when he was hitting game winning shots for the Lakers, and now you love him.

Fucking homer

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not tearing another fans team down, I'm just saying the Cowboys fans are the most unrealistic fans ever. They think every year they are SB contenders when to everyone else they are just mediocre. Like this season.

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
You probably hated Robert Horry when he was hitting game winning shots for the Lakers, and now you love him.

Fucking homer

I never hated Horry. I always liked his game and clutch shots.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not tearing another fans team down, I'm just saying the Cowboys fans are the most unrealistic fans ever. They think every year they are SB contenders when to everyone else they are just mediocre. Like this season.
I'll be happy with 10 wins and getting to the second round
But you are right about that, a lot of Cowboys fans are unrealistic

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:45 PM
And I only hated T.O. when he was on the Eagles, because I hate every player on the Eagles

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:52 PM
And I only hated T.O. when he was on the Eagles, because I hate every player on the Eagles

Then why do you love him now?

Homer.

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Generalize much?

midgetonadonkey
08-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Generalize much?

I generalize because I hear that from every Cowboys fan I come in contact with.

mardigan
08-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Then why do you love him now?

Homer.
Cause I root for the Cowboys, if that makes me a homer so be it

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes but you didn't say that...you were implying every Cowboy fan everywhere and that is not the case.

Fillmoe
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
they suck.... SF ALL DAY!

O-Factor
08-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Bull shit, if you were a Spurs fan you hated him...fag

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Personally I don't hate anyone, especially in sports because it doesn't belong.

However, until he wore the Silver and Black, I severly disliked Robert Horry. :)

O-Factor
08-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Anyone who doesn't wear silver and black is subject to hate in my book

samikeyp
08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Your book, your rules. :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Midgetonadonkey sounds like he's more of a Cowboys hater than an NFL lover. Everytime hate wins when it comes to sports, it makes you look like a complete idiot. More often than not, they are.

Obstructed_View
08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
What makes it funny is because that's what Cowboys fans do. If they win a game, Monday everyone's talking about Super Bowl chances. If they lose a game, Monday everyone's talking about who needs to be cut, fired, traded or drafted. I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life and there is NOT a fanbase anywhere in the world that overreacts to events even close to as much as Cowboys fans do.

I think this team has a chance to be good. We'll see. After Chan Gailey and Dave Campo, I'm just grateful that there's a chance for some optimism.

Obstructed_View
08-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Fucking Homer.
I still hate TO. When he starts winning games by making plays rather than losing them by dropping balls and does either with his fuckin' mouth shut he might have a chance to win me over. Not highly likely.

samikeyp
08-10-2007, 06:56 AM
What makes it funny is because that's what Cowboys fans do. If they win a game, Monday everyone's talking about Super Bowl chances. If they lose a game, Monday everyone's talking about who needs to be cut, fired, traded or drafted. I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life and there is NOT a fanbase anywhere in the world that overreacts to events even close to as much as Cowboys fans do.

Agreed, but you can't say that its all Cowboys fans.

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Agreed, but you can't say that its all Cowboys fans.
i've done that before.

im sure evryone is guilty of it at sometime

BeerIsGood!
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM

I think this team has a chance to be good. We'll see. After Chan Gailey and Dave Campo, I'm just grateful that there's a chance for some optimism.

I'm not quite sure what Cowboys fans you're talking about, because the ones I know actually know football and realize that consistency is the problem with the team... and consistency isn't something to be found in one game. Especially one preseason game.

To be honest, you just described the majority of the Spurs fans on this site after every game in the regular season... this place goes nuts wanting to trade everyone when the Spurs blow off a regular season game to Milwaukee.

The Mole
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Midge should come back down here and join me. This forum was a lot better when he went underground.

samikeyp
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm not quite sure what Cowboys fans you're talking about, because the ones I know actually know football and realize that consistency is the problem with the team... and consistency isn't something to be found in one game. Especially one preseason game.

I would have to agree.

i've done that before.

im sure evryone is guilty of it at sometime

I guess I am in the minority then because I have never proclaimed the Cowboys a Super Bowl participant after one game, unless they just won the NFC Championship.

You are right though....I think every team has fans that act like the team will go undefeated the rest of the way after a win and are ready to blow up the team after a loss. BeerIsGood is right...that happens a lot on this board.

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I have never proclaimed the Cowboys a Super Bowl participant after one game, unless they just won the NFC Championship.

:lol thats true

Slinkyman
08-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll be happy with 10 wins and getting to the second round
But you are right about that, a lot of Cowboys fans are unrealistic

hell yeah you'd be happy with getting to the 2nd round since the cowboys haven't been there in 11 years

J.T.
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, I have to admit I had a blast reading all of you blow your wads over each other's faces while you watched your team pick off Jim Sorgi and Josh Betts all night, while they were playing with guys highly likely to not even be on the Week 1 roster.

peewee's lovechild
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM

You are so full of shit.

peewee's lovechild
08-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Mark Schlereth and Chris Mortensen at ESPN both have them going to the Super Bowl.

So, your little theory just went to hell.

peewee's lovechild
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I have to admit I had a blast reading all of you blow your wads over each other's faces while you watched your team pick off Jim Sorgi and Josh Betts all night, while they were playing with guys highly likely to not even be on the Week 1 roster.

Um, okay.

Obstructed_View
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Congratulations on associating with a higher caliber of Cowboy fans. You've obviously never lived in Dallas. I have for about 20 years. This is the way this fanbase is. I never said it was everyone, but the only fan base that comes within shouting distance is the Yankees.

To be honest, you just described the majority of the Spurs fans on this site after every game in the regular season... this place goes nuts wanting to trade everyone when the Spurs blow off a regular season game to Milwaukee.
Somebody needs to read you the definition of "majority", considering the number of Spurs fans on this board. Every fanbase has overreactors, and message boards have a higher percentage of those. That said, there's probably less than 20 people on this board that overreact that way, and many of them are joking or venting.

Cowboys fans that don't overreact are the exception, not the rule.

BeerIsGood!
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Congratulations on associating with a higher caliber of Cowboy fans. You've obviously never lived in Dallas. I have for about 20 years. This is the way this fanbase is. I never said it was everyone, but the only fan base that comes within shouting distance is the Yankees.

Somebody needs to read you the definition of "majority", considering the number of Spurs fans on this board. Every fanbase has overreactors, and message boards have a higher percentage of those. That said, there's probably less than 20 people on this board that overreact that way, and many of them are joking or venting.

Cowboys fans that don't overreact are the exception, not the rule.

I live in Garland, a whopping 10 minute drive from downtown Dallas. I don't pay attention to talk radio, don't pay attention to sports on the news, so maybe you're right, but I don't know or pretend to know what the majority of Cowboy fans believe. All I know is that the Cowboy fans I know aren't ignorant of the fact that this team has the talent to win but needs consistent play. That said, this thread was started by someone bashing fans who weren't proclaiming superiority over the Colts, but were instead evaluating the performance of the Cowboy team and coaches in the first live action game in 8 months.

Regarding the Spurstalk Spurs fans overreaction, a majority would be approx. 50.0000000001% or higher. I think the 40+ page tirades calling for Pop's head, or for trading this or that player, or proclaiming that the team is too old and can't win shit simply because they blew off a mid season game to the Bobcats are encompassing at least 50% of the Spurs fans on the board. You and I are seemingly in the minority when it comes to Spurs fans on this board overreacting to just about everything.

We are in agreement in that every team has fans that do that. It just may be the case that fan bases who had become accustomed to winning tend to have more.

Obstructed_View
08-11-2007, 04:54 PM
We are in agreement in that every team has fans that do that. It just may be the case that fan bases who had become accustomed to winning tend to have more.
That's probably the bottom line. Dallas society are typically kind of fickle and shallow, and you know how they glom onto a winner and claim it as their own, only to abandon it at the first sign of adversity. Back in the Super Bowl years, fans would leave Texas Stadium at halftime if the Cowboys weren't leading or scoring enough points. As a Cowboys fan, I find the whole thing vaguely amusing. I certainly don't get annoyed at some dipshit that tries to lump us in with that crowd on a message board.

You should listen to Hitzges doing postgame or Galloway's "overreaction monday" on ESPN radio during the season just for fun. It's like the "fire Pop" threads times ten. There should be a honeymoon period for Phillips before they turn on him, though.

StylisticS
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Let's not turn this into a bash Dallas thread. Every city has fickle and shallow fans. The city has never turned on or abandoned the Cowboys. That will never happen with a franchise like that in a city and state that lives and breathes football. The Cowboys own Dallas and the Mavs, Rangers, and Stars will never in history come close to it.

Obstructed_View
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Let's not turn this into a bash Dallas thread. Every city has fickle and shallow fans. The city has never turned on or abandoned the Cowboys. That will never happen with a franchise like that in a city and state that lives and breathes football. The Cowboys own Dallas and the Mavs, Rangers, and Stars will never in history come close to it.
It's not a "bash Dallas" thread, but its not a "deny what Dallas is" thread, either. Cowboys fans overreact - if not more strongly, then much more vocally - to things that happen to the team. It's funny.